• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Disney worlds from the past numbered games will not be making a return to KH3 (sans Olympus Colosseum I think).

http://kh13.com/news/new-informatio...s-games-will-not-appear-in-kingdom-hearts-iii
To clarify, Nomura states that maps used in the previous games will not return. This does not rule out movies that we have seen before, as evidenced by the return of the Hercules world seen in the E3 2015 trailer for Kingdom Hearts III.
Any world is still in the running.

I will however say that this really hurts the chances of worlds like Agrabah, Neverland, Atlantica, and most worlds in previous entries.

Chrono.

Any world is still in the running.

I will however say that this really hurts the chances of worlds like Agrabah, Neverland, Atlantica, and most worlds in previous entries.
As long as Agrabah, Halloweentown and a couple other stay dead for good I'm happy

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
As long as Agrabah, Halloweentown and a couple other stay dead for good I'm happy
Halloweentown is outright confirmed dead.
Agrabah has very little to work off of, due to the fact that Agrabah or the Cave of Wonders can't be used at all.
Atlantica probably won't return either, unless they want to cover the above the sea portion of the movie (It could happen).
Mulan is impacted heavily by this, and probably won't return due to this.
Wonderland is also more than likely dead unless they go with the Tim Burton reboot.
Neverland is more than dead due to both the Island and London being covered in previous games
Beast's Castle suffers but isn't dead, as the town outside can be used (Please Gaston Please)
Port Royal has content to work off of (I don't exactly think the Black Pearl counts, and even then it could be used like a standard map transition)
Pride Lands hurts badly, probably dead.
Tron might as well be dead.
Lets get rid of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White while we're at it.

By this rule, a lot of worlds have little to or no chance of returning. This is both exciting and disappointing at the same time.

Chrono.

Halloweentown is outright confirmed dead.
Agrabah has very little to work off of, due to the fact that Agrabah or the Cave of Wonders can't be used at all.
Atlantica probably won't return either, unless they want to cover the above the sea portion of the movie (It could happen).
Mulan is impacted heavily by this, and probably won't return due to this.
Wonderland is also more than likely dead unless they go with the Tim Burton reboot.
Neverland is more than dead due to both the Island and London being covered in previous games
Beast's Castle suffers but isn't dead, as the town outside can be used (Please Gaston Please)
Port Royal has content to work off of (I don't exactly think the Black Pearl counts, and even then it could be used like a standard map transition)
Pride Lands hurts badly, probably dead.
Tron might as well be dead.
Lets get rid of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White while we're at it.

By this rule, a lot of worlds have little to or no chance of returning. This is both exciting and disappointing at the same time.
I'd love Wonderland if it were the Tim Burton reboot but that's really unlikely. (that would cause some issues with the narrative me-thinks)

Either way I think the fact that they want to focus on the more recent Disney stuff makes a lot of existing Disney worlds unlikely enough as it is.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Leave that to us.

Regardless, we can't dwell on the negative for too long, even if it needed to be said.

So here's a fun little activity.

There are a lot of games coming out soon!

Let's get hype about them!

I say the first game we talk about is Super Mario Maker! :4mario:

So here are some questions for you!

1. Are you excited for it?
2. Are you gonna buy it?
3. Any neat ideas for stages?
4. Any DLC you want?
5. If you could add five more Nintendo themed costumes, what would they be? Lucas, Roy and Ryu do not count. Let's just assume they are there anyways! :4larry:
1- no kinda boring
2- no I want a huge Mario game
3- I didn't think of it yet
4- more power ups and costume
5- Ninten, Ridley, Sukapon, ice climbers, Geno (he is kinda Nintendo)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I was thinking about Nintendo vs Capcom again.

Who would you pair up as partners?

Like Birdo/Poison, Ryu/Mario, Ken/Luigi, Samus/Leon, etc.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So I just found out that New Super Mario Brothers U is getting a re-release with the New Super Luigi U add on as well which is cool.

Also, is there a character from Nintendo that would be suitable enough to be paired up with Morrigan? I can think of any off the top of my head XD :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I just found out that New Super Mario Brothers U is getting a re-release with the New Super Luigi U add on as well which is cool.

Also, is there a character from Nintendo that would be suitable enough to be paired up with Morrigan? I can think of any off the top of my head XD :p
It'd either be a character that roughly fits into Darkstalker's horror monsters theme or a character that shares Morrigan's two most notable features: the left one and the right one. *da-dum-dish* So Wolf or Zero Suit Samus.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so mario maker amiibo trailer
we were still talking about mario maker right?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Here's something new to discuss.

1. Would you be excited about a Level-5 crossover game?

2. If so what genre would you want it to be?

3. What Level-5 characters would you add in the game?
Isn't Fantasy Life Level 5 as well? Also I was really annoyed when they announced the sequel was going to mobile games, and not coming to the 3DS. I really enjoyed the first one, and the character customisation for the game goes really deep. I just wish they hadn't put the sequel on mobile instead of 3DS.

Also an update on my Pokemon Gold playthrough I just went through victory Road, it was a lot easier then I remember, I didn't even have to use any HMs. I feel kind of cheated, what happened to my victory road challenge :/

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
MGS V Phantom Pain launch trailer by Kojima.

I love how it shows the previous MGS games like it's a journey.
I still have to wait until next week for it.
The new Metal Gear mech looks awesome.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
2. Are you gonna buy it?
4. Any DLC you want?
5. If you could add five more Nintendo themed costumes, what would they be?
1. I wasn't until i saw all the amiibo support.
2. I'm considering it, because of the amiibo support.
3. Uh, i'm not that creative, so i'll probably just download levels off of online.
4. Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) theme with those enemies, like Shy Guys and Birdo, would be cool.
5. Petey Piranha. I love that goof. I'd settle with him as a boss too.

Since i have all the Smash amiibo that are out, games with amiibo support are going to reel me in. Hard.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
MGS V Phantom Pain launch trailer by Kojima.

I love how it shows the previous MGS games like it's a journey.
I still have to wait until next week for it.
The new Metal Gear mech looks awesome.
I really need to play these games.
I haven't spoiled them yet.
But sooner rather than later I shall get to these games.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I say the first game we talk about is Super Mario Maker! :4mario:

So here are some questions for you!

2. Are you gonna buy it?
4. Any DLC you want?
5. If you could add five more Nintendo themed costumes, what would they be? Lucas, Roy and Ryu do not count. Let's just assume they are there anyways! :4larry:
1.I'm excited, but...
2.not excited enough to buy it.
3.I don't know :urg:
4.Two more level themes (Jungle and Sky) as free DLC
5.Chibi-Robo, Wolf, King K. Rool, Funky Kong and the Koopalings

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
So while Keiji Inafune is losing his touch, Hideo Kojima is off creating masterpieces?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man I watching Pokken Invitational makes me want the game more.

I want my M. Bison :4mewtwo:, Super Ninja :4greninja:, :107::106::009::181:, Hariyama, Scrafty, Braivery, Lucha Bird and Jinpachi :026:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's recency, not relevancy
You can argue it's both. Relevancy is the biggest factor against inclusion. If they had plans to use the character (which they might because of the ballot), then Sakurai would be more open to using him. K. Rool hasn't been used in any of the Donkey Kong Country Return games. He's no longer relevant. His last major appearance (besides trophies in Smash) was Mario Sluggers in 2008...6-7 years ago.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I collected all my controversial opinions on potential Smash DLC characters into one post. If you stalk me...and saw my character thread posts (In the Shantae, Daisy, King K. Rool and Smash DLC threads) then you probably already know my reasoning. Anyway, let me know what you think. If I missed something (for or against).
Good read. Food for thought, thanks for the input!

It's recency, not relevancy
This.

The two are very distinct concepts.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You can argue it's both. Relevancy is the biggest factor against inclusion. If they had plans to use the character (which they might because of the ballot), then Sakurai would be more open to using him. K. Rool hasn't been used in any of the Donkey Kong Country Return games. He's no longer relevant. His last major appearance (besides trophies in Smash) was Mario Sluggers in 2008...6-7 years ago.
No Relevancy means a character stops being important or notable.

There are very few cases of that.

Regency is actually what you're looking for.

Or "freshness" maybe.

Not disagreeing with your point but I just want people to use the right words.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A friend showed me this the other day
This should be good enough, if it's not acceptable by the new rules, then may the mods strike me with an infraction or warning!
This.

The two are very distinct concepts.
Sadly many people don't see it. Also, Hiiiiiiii~
Who was the main antagonist in the majority of games? Hell, Smash's trophy claims he's DK's Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom