• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm sure Young Link has a trophy in the 3ds version.
Someone correct if I am wrong.
As someone who has obtained every non-DLC trophy in both versions, I know for a fact he doesn't. The 3DS edition has Young and Adult Zelda and Adult Link ripped directly from Ocarina of Time 3D, but no Young Link.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
@ Burb Burb , a while ago you said something that struck my curiousity and I'm just now asking about it. You mentioned feeling confident about there being more than 2 characters left. We're pretty sure that there's no more Pre-Ballot DLC, so I'm kinda curious what your reasoning is.
No, I'm not confident that there's more than 2 left. It's just that I'm more open to the possibility of there being more than I had expected. My original thought was 2-4. Now it's about 2-5. I'm still most comfortable around the lower numbers, though. 3 or 4 sounds about right, but I'm not gonna be utterly shocked if there's 5.

The reason why I think there could be more than anticipated is this:
From now until the end, it is going to be fan service , but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters.
Source: Source Gaming's translation of Sakurai's Famitsu column, volume 481.

Two is not several, so there's a chance there's more than 2.

I'm sure Young Link has a trophy in the 3ds version.
Someone correct if I am wrong.
Surprisingly enough, there is no Young Link trophy on the 3DS version.

There's a Young Zelda trophy, but Young Link is absent.

I was going to make a response, but then I saw this post:

It seems what you were saying wasn't what I was interpreting out of it. My bad. I thought you were being pro-costume for both of them.
Ah, yeah, @Naoshi made the same mistake.

I probably should've made it more obvious what I meant, since out of context it does sorta look like I was trying to say they all should be costumes, when I meant just the opposite.

I'm 100% pro clone, and even think Alph should've gotten the same treatment if it were possible.

Last edited:
I just want get behind medusa in smash. I was on the female villain bandwagon way back when but then i played the original kid icarus for the first time and uprising for the 4th time and realized how much she bores me and how much it seems she was pushed aside and how much more interesting viridi and hades are to me (scythe and nature powers man). That and i started jumping off a lot of bamdwagons like k rool impa etxc.

My personal KI want list would probably be

Viridi
Hades
Phosphora
Medusa
Eggpant wizard (the fact this guy isnt an assist trophy or smash run enemy is a crime.)
Ike magnus

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
As someone who has obtained every non-DLC trophy in both versions, I know for a fact he doesn't. The 3DS edition has Young and Adult Zelda and Adult Link ripped directly from Ocarina of Time 3D, but no Young Link.
The "Young Link" trophy in 3DS is actually 青年のリンク, literally: Young Man Link which explains why he's a teenager.I'd probably translate this one as "Young Link", but considering....

That the Young Link character in Melee is actually こどものリンク, literally: Child Link. So they messed up the translation here. I guess they didn't want to it be "Child Link" because of potential image issues...

Geez. I always knew it took a decent amount of time but that just sounds like hell.
I've been hearing rumors that it was essentially hell.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The "Young Link" trophy in 3DS is actually 青年のリンク, literally: Young Man Link which explains why he's a teenager.I'd probably translate this one as "Young Link", but considering....

That the Young Link character in Melee is actually こどものリンク, literally: Child Link. So they messed up the translation here. I guess they didn't want to it be "Child Link" because of potential image issues...
In both the original game and 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time, Link's adult model is labeled "link_boy" and the Young Link model is "link_child".

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
In both the original game and 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time, Link's adult model is labeled "link_boy" and the Young Link model is "link_child".
yeah, 青年 is basically on the verge of becoming an adult, like teenager/ late teens. Considering that Link was in hiatus for only 7 years, he's not quite an adult.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You kno what would fix the pain of boredom regurgitated arguments here, a pic of the week on future DLC for Smash.

We just fixed all of our problems.

That or probably ask what's everyone is playing that isn't Smash

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, I'm not confident that there's more than 2 left. It's just that I'm more open to the possibility of there being more than I had expected. My original thought was 2-4. Now it's about 2-5. I'm still most comfortable around the lower numbers, though. 3 or 4 sounds about right, but I'm not gonna be utterly shocked if there's 5.

The reason why I think there could be more than anticipated is this:

Source: Source Gaming's translation of Sakurai's Famitsu column, volume 481.

Two is not several, so there's a chance there's more than 2.
Problem with that logic.

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn can explain.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah, we do.

A Metroid Prime: Federation Force Direct
"We read the petition and have decided to cancel Metroid Prime: Federation Force. We now understand that fans do not want to see any Metroid games in the near future, and have decided to cancel all other projects we have planned, including Metroid Prime 4.

Please take a look at the new game we are making to replace Metroid Prime: Federation Force."

(The exact same trailer for Federation Force/Blast Ball from E3 plays. The only change made is that the game's logo now reads....."F-Zero: Federation Force".)

Problem with that logic.

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn can explain.
I'm all ears.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"We read the petition and have decided to cancel Metroid Prime: Federation Force. We now understand that fans do not want to see any Metroid games in the near future, and have decided to cancel all other projects we have planned, including Metroid Prime 4.

Please take a look at the new game we are making to replace Metroid Prime: Federation Force."

(The exact same trailer for Federation Force/Blast Ball from E3 plays. The only change made is that the game's logo now reads....."F-Zero: Federation Force".)

I'm all ears.
He doesn't seem to be around so I'll say it as I understand it.

The words Sakurai used was more vague than several.

Imagine "A number of" except even more vague.

That's how I understand it at least.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Mere hours later we get yet another petition asking for the cancellation of F-Zero: Federation Force.

A Direct occurs next month that does the exact same thing... except it's now called "Mother 3: Federation Force".

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

That's essentially it. It's extremely vague, but what Burb is saying isn't wrong. 2-5 characters is possible.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Oh.....

Well, I guess I'm on 2-4 now with 5 as a possibility. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was actually legit surprised he used the fire variant of the Hadouken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom