• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
dude, i don't mean any offense, but let me make this clearer

that's yoshi and yarn yoshi
yarn yoshi is normally pretty distinguishable from yoshi, right?
well...

yeah.
I checked the original message you posted and I REALLY have to ask.

Where did you find that image?

Because I really think it would be extremely fishy....the only way I see this happening is if their animations differs......

So, where did that image was found?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Because I really think it would be extremely fishy....the only way I see this happening is if their animations differs......

I'm pretty sure that's either:
A. The mock up Triple Dee made
or
B. Its a picture off imgur or something lol.

Khoru

Smash Champion

here
they have different audio effects

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Accurate reaction is accurate.
its fine its fine pikachu libre can take the less acrobatic lucha style used by king theres a really acrobatic luchadore in tekken that fits hawlucha perfectly

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I just thought of something fun:

Reply to this comment with what you think the top ten most characters requested characters in Japan. I'll let you guys know who the closest is to my current results after I post the first part. Other Source Gaming authors can't participate because they can see the data :p.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Reply to this comment with what you think the top ten most characters requested characters in Japan. I'll let you guys know who the closest is to my current results after I post the first part. Other Source Gaming authors can't participate because they can see the data :p.
Inb4 Sukapon is on there.

Now I have to do an assignment >_>

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
its fine its fine pikachu libre can take the less acrobatic lucha style used by king theres a really acrobatic luchadore in tekken that fits hawlucha perfectly
continueing thepokken discusion heres the character hawlucha would play like seeing as we have pikachu libre as (Armor)king (who conicendtaly is partners with armor king)
Warning video contains snoop dog character select music....oh sorry he was going by snoop lion at that time

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
here
they have different audio effects
After watching a bit.....well yeah I can;t pretty much tell it;s fake.

But I still will maintain of how illogical that decision was.....

So, ok, it can work.

The problem is as someone said, only 3 slots are not known.

And tbh, I really have a bad feeling about paper mario considering what is confirmed now.....

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Waddle dee,krystal,wolf,snake,pichu,daisy,dixie/k rool,chibi-robo,Ray mk1,paper mario and i suppose sukapoon

Khoru

Smash Champion
After watching a bit.....well yeah I can;t pretty much tell it;s fake.

But I still will maintain of how illogical that decision was.....

So, ok, it can work.

The problem is as someone said, only 3 slots are not known.

And tbh, I really have a bad feeling about paper mario considering what is confirmed now.....
what? no, there are way more than three currently unknown slots, even in the mario section and even counting junior, daisy, and blue and pink yoshis

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Alright Mario Maker discussion, cool. If you guys remember I'm the one who made this mockup thing yesterday:
So we got Duck Hunt confirmed. I'm not at my computer to update this but I would assume he is somewhere near the bottom. However, the Paper Mario thing is MOST LIKELY fake. The reason I say MOST LIKELY is because I got my initial numbering info from here. But yesterday when I found Reese and Mabel, they were confirmed as numbers 66 and 67. The wiki said Wii Fit Trainer was 66. Its changed now, but it proves the page is not 100% reliable. So because I haven't actually seen a picture confirming Marth is in fact number 41 with the rest of the FE gang following suit, there is still a slight chance the Paper Mario costume is real.

However, I doubt it because it appears to be a clearly edited version of the screencap of Mewtwo/Mario Kart since the exact same characters are there except for Paper Mario of course. Also, a PM costume would be redundant. The thing that makes him stand out from regular Mario is that he is flat... but all of these sprites are flat. He would essentialy just be a slightly disproportioned version of the modern Mario sprite. I see no point.

Also, that pic with the 2 Yoshi's is fake. The trampoline is number 8 on that picture, but on the same IGN stream where I got Reese and Mabel, the trampoline is number 11. I doubt there are 2 trampolines. Still completley possible Yarn Yoshi costumes exist though, especially with the different sounds we've witnessed.

Finally, yet another reminder to PLEASE NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON WHERE I PLACED THE SPRITES. I haven't seen too many, but one that has been tossed around is "Ryu and fit between Pac-Man and Marth." That's great and all... but I don't even know if thats where Pac-Man and Sonic actually go. All we know is that Mega Man is 100% #37. I just fit the other two after him because it made sense in MY head. Nintendo's heads are weird so we dont know if all the third parties are actually grouped like that.

Just remember I made it as a visual collection of the revealed costumes, not a speculation tool. It is not 100% accurate to the official numbering in the game. :)

/end wall of text

EDIT: Yarn Yoshi pic is not fake. Just incredibly confusing.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Alright Mario Maker discussion, cool. If you guys remember I'm the one who made this mockup thing yesterday:

So we got Duck Hunt confirmed. I'm not at my computer to update this but I would assume he is somewhere near the bottom. However, the Paper Mario thing is MOST LIKELY fake. The reason I say MOST LIKELY is because I got my initial numbering info from here. But yesterday when I found Reese and Mabel, they were confirmed as numbers 66 and 67. The wiki said Wii Fit Trainer was 66. Its changed now, but it proves the page is not 100% reliable. So because I haven't actually seen a picture confirming Marth is in fact number 41 with the rest of the FE gang following suit, there is still a slight chance the Paper Mario costume is real.

However, I doubt it because it appears to be a clearly edited version of the screencap of Mewtwo/Mario Kart since the exact same characters are there except for Paper Mario of course. Also, a PM costume would be redundant. The thing that makes him stand out from regular Mario is that he is flat... but all of these sprites are flat. He would essentialy just be a slightly disproportioned version of the modern Mario sprite. I see no point.

Also, that pic with the 2 Yoshi's is fake. The trampoline is number 8 on that picture, but on the same IGN stream where I got Reese and Mabel, the trampoline is number 11. I doubt there are 2 trampolines. Still completley possible Yarn Yoshi costumes exist though, especially with the different sounds we've witnessed.

Finally, yet another reminder to PLEASE NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON WHERE I PLACED THE SPRITES. I haven't seen too many, but one that has been tossed around is "Ryu and fit between Pac-Man and Marth." That's great and all... but I don't even know if thats where Pac-Man and Sonic actually go. All we know is that Mega Man is 100% #37. I just fit the other two after him because it made sense in MY head. Nintendo's heads are weird so we dont know if all the third parties are actually grouped like that.

Just remember I made it as a visual collection of the revealed costumes, not a speculation tool. It is not 100% accurate to the official numbering in the game. :)

/end wall of text
So basically we are all dumb.

GG Tr1pleDee :p

So what now?
Other than waiting for someone to unlock all of the costumes of course XD :p

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

/end wall of text
....the preoblem is someone linked a video with this:

has timestamps in it.

Basically, you would have to find a way to debunk the entire video to tell me there;s no 2 yoshi and we even hear one sfx being yarn.

So.....can you please check that?

Khoru

Smash Champion
totally fake gaiz

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
....the preoblem is someone linked a video with this:

has timestamps in it.

Basically, you would have to find a way to debunk the entire video to tell me there;s no 2 yoshi and we even hear one sfx being yarn.

So.....can you please check that?
totally fake gaiz
I never said Yarn Yoshi was fake, I just doubted the picture because of the placement of the trampoline... but what you are showing me really has me wondering why the spring is in 2 seperate places.

Hold on, gonna try and get a screenshot of the IGN stream to prove I'm not an idiot.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I never said Yarn Yoshi was fake, I just doubted the picture because of the placement of the trampoline... but what you are showing me really has me wondering why the spring is in 2 seperate places.

Hold on, gonna try and get a screenshot of the IGN stream to prove I'm not an idiot.
PLOT TWIST!!!

The second trampoline is a paper trampoline from paper mario!

:surprised:

Ok but seriously, i would honestly doubt that paper mario image is real anyway, I would even doubt if paper mario is there at any case. The only thing the 2 yoshi proves is it can happen despite sounding pointless (both yoshi would look similar if pixelised anyway so paper mario not being thin and looking similar wouldn;t matter despite how illogical it sounds).

The problem is looking what we have now....I really don;t think it;s likely....

Last edited:

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
I hope they make a "Pokkenboards" to discuss Pokken when it releases. Would be real nice.

Last edited:

Chrono.

guys I need to ask the realest question. when we getting Pokkenboards tho, I don't need no Squidboards. nah I need Pokkenboards in my life lmao.
If it's anything like Squidboards opening was, we'll start seeing Pokeballs drop in the background here.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Yarn Yoshi pic from the YouTube video. No doubt now that it is real, but Trampoline is number 8.

Screencap from the IGN stream I saw yesterday, during the exact same scene where they revealed Reese and Mabel. Trampoline is number 11.

So you can see why I had reason to not believe the Yarn Yoshi thing at first.

But seriously

what

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

/end wall of text

EDIT: Yarn Yoshi pic is not fake. Just incredibly confusing.
the reference on the wiki says on the digital events marth was in there.....

it does indeed shows he was in there.

But not the number.

that stream never showed the number.

so another question:

Was the other FE gang CONFIRMED to be in there no matter what the number is?

And even if there, why not jsut put paper mario on the mario section?

.....like sprite stuff aside, do you have any counters to this leak?

Because I am so confused now

////:(

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
the reference on the wiki says on the digital events marth was in there.....

it does indeed shows he was in there.

But not the number.

that stream never showed the number.

so another question:

Was the other FE gang CONFIRMED to be in there no matter what the number is?

And even if there, why not jsut put paper mario on the mario section?

.....like sprite stuff aside, do you have any counters to this leak?

Because I am so confused now

////:(
Yes. Ike, Robin, and Lucina were all shown, hence why I put them in the image. I would assume they are by Marth.

That's a good point. PM not being by the other Mario costumes is just another nail in the coffin.

Which leak? If it's the Yarn Yoshi one, then yes I believe it now obviously. The spring placement is just throwing me for a loop. If we're talking about Paper Mario, I don't believe it. Weird placement, weird sprite, and I'm almost 100% whoever made it just edited the screencap of Mewtwo and Mario Kart Mario. It's about as real as the Geno costume "leak".

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yarn Yoshi pic from the YouTube video. No doubt now that it is real, but Trampoline is number 8.

Screencap from the IGN stream I saw yesterday, during the exact same scene where they revealed Reese and Mabel. Trampoline is number 11.

So you can see why I had reason to not believe the Yarn Yoshi thing at first.

But seriously

what
Imo...is there any proof that there IS only 100 slots?...at first, there were 99 I think...then someone unlocked something and 100 showed up...and I know it's was like something called "the 100 thingy Mario challenge" but...isn't it kinda weird that they mentioned 99+ NES sprites would there to unlock, only fro it to be jsut 100?...Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I'm a bit confused by this...

Chrono.

Imo...is there any proof that there IS only 100 slots?...at first, there were 99 I think...then someone unlocked something and 100 showed up...and I know it's was like something called "the 100 thingy Mario challenge" but...isn't it kinda weird that they mentioned 99+ NES sprites would there to unlock, only fro it to be jsut 100?...Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I'm a bit confused by this...
There's technically 99 costumes but that "?" Mushroom takes up the first slot which beefs the number up to 100

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yes. Ike, Robin, and Lucina were all shown, hence why I put them in the image. I would assume they are by Marth.

That's a good point. PM not being by the other Mario costumes is just another nail in the coffin.

Which leak? If it's the Yarn Yoshi one, then yes I believe it now obviously. The spring placement is just throwing me for a loop. If we're talking about Paper Mario, I don't believe it. Weird placement, weird sprite, and I'm almost 100% whoever made it just edited the screencap of Mewtwo and Mario Kart Mario. It's about as real as the Geno costume "leak".
it was the paper mario one.

anyway, herels what my takes are:

The leak IS fake (like jsut the fact it;s not in the mario section is....well weird).

But he is more likely than I thought despite not meaning much.

as illogical as it sounds, he could work and be there. We have 2 trampoline and 2 yoshi with the exact same sprites, differences doesn't matter.

There;s kinda a lot of mario slots left so maybe one of them.

The problem is this: I would still be mind blown if it even happens.

Because it would be the first time they ever reference him in a platformer game of mario.

Like that already to me makes it super unlikely. It;s just is as weird as it gets that nothing actually prevents this much from happening....

I get it for paper jam, but this is another level, it wouldn't be as mind blowing as paper jam was.....

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427

As you can see here, the border clearly ends after the 91-100 row, so there are no more than that unless DLC comes along later.

Also, what @ Chrono. Chrono. said. There are 100 slots, but only 99 costumes becuase the ? Mushroom takes up a slot.

D

Deleted member

Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pichu, the thing from Yokai Watch, Black Shadow, some Rhythm Heaven character, K. Rool, Inkling, Dixie Kong.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Daisy, Toad, Wolf, Snake, Pichu, Ice Climbers, Inkling, Jinbiiyan or whatever.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I forgot to mention that I started the count from April 1st.

Roy is currently in the top 5, but we won't include him in the top 10 we are doing.

There's 2 or 3 characters in the top 10 that I have not seen mentioned yet.

Also in case of a tie, I'll consider the order you list them! I'll quote everyone's post before I post the final results.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Roy is currently in the top 5, but we won't include him in the top 10 we are doing.

Also in case of a tie, I'll consider the order you list them! I'll quote everyone's post before I post the final results.
Ridley, Krystal and Waddle Dee, Custom Robo?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Ridley, Isaac and Krystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom