• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Uh, is there still a stream or something Im missing? I just got on....
Nope. And they're about to show a different game on the PAX twitch, so it's not being shown there either. So we don't get to see anything from Nindies@Night

Soul.

I mean, if he's in he's in. My guess is that it could be a special case not related to the Fighter Ballot itself, but what do I know.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Anyone else want an invite to the private twitch chat? We already have quite a few people, but if you aren't one of them hit me up with your twitch name. (Note: doesn't work on mobile)

D

Deleted member

That's why we're confident in it, because people like Push, who actually talked to Tamaki about his sources, are confident in it.
Push and Neo talked to the guy and both are confident, Neo came out of the conversation more confident really.

Theres a lot that we've been following today that makes us confident

Soul.

... Disregard my statement then. See how inexperienced I am with speculation? lel

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
That's why we're confident in it, because people like Push, who actually talked to Tamaki about his sources, are confident in it.
Ok, but question. Did anyone who talk to Tamaki or anyone about his sources confirm that his sources said they saw Shovel Knight in Smash, or that they saw a Shovel Knight amiibo?
(I'm generally curious if they flat out said they knew something about him in Smash besides an amiibo was happening)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ok, but question. Did anyone who talk to Tamaki or anyone about his sources confirm that his sources said they saw Shovel Knight in Smash, or that they saw a Shovel Knight amiibo?
(I'm generally curious if they flat out said they knew something about him in Smash besides an amiibo was happening)
It doesn't effect the leak as the original leak wasn't about the amiibo.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

You mentioned in the K. Rool thread that we know there will be several Ballot characters. I took a look on Source Gaming and @PushDustIn 's article and I didn't really see anything there that we didn't already know besides the claims of reliable sources and an adamant viewpoint that Shovel Knight is indeed going to be a character and not just a costume or something.

Where is it stated that these guys know there are multiple characters? A lot of the dread in the K. Rool thread is coming from this Tamaki guy (who no one in this thread are really pleased with right now, or Snake fans for that matter) is that if this is proven true, K. Rool might not be happening. We just hope this bit is pure speculation, regardless of Shovel Knight's inclusion.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So, is this mostly assumptions then that he's a ballot character?
People are assuming that based on the Sakurai quote about Roy and Ryu (which is a safe assumption to be fair)

Edit: Must have been said post my talk. Keep in mind I sleep during the day lol.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

You mentioned in the K. Rool thread that we know there will be several Ballot characters. I took a look on Source Gaming and @PushDustIn 's article and I didn't really see anything there that we didn't already know besides the claims of reliable sources and an adamant viewpoint that Shovel Knight is indeed going to be a character and not just a costume or something.

Where is it stated that these guys know there are multiple characters? A lot of the dread in the K. Rool thread is coming from this Tamaki guy (who no one in this thread are really pleased with right now, or Snake fans for that matter) is that if this is proven true, K. Rool might not be happening. We just hope this bit is pure speculation, regardless of Shovel Knight's inclusion.
The "several" bit isn't a part of any leak, IIRC that's from a translation of an interview with Sakurai himself. But "several" was kind of a weird wording situation. It also was technically about how many more DLC characters in general, but if pre-ballot is over (as many suspect) then that would mean several ballot characters nonetheless.

I'd link you to the interview and all but I honestly don't remember where it is or even what exactly to look for. Maybe somebody else has the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom