• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
There's some weird deal that Fox gets to keep rights as long as they make films every certain amount of years. So to them it doesn't matter if it's good or not. Until they start consistently losing money on them, they'll keep making ****ty FF movies. (I imagine they won't make much, if any on this film, so this could be the last, but they still won't let Marvel get the rights until the very last day their contract ends most likely.)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know, I'm really starting to miss real/fake leaks -_-. Not because they give potential information, but due to the social aspect of them. When the ESRB and/or Rayman Leaks happened, it really brought the community together trying to analyze everything (the Ryu/Roy leaks don't really count as we knew straight from the get go). I kind of miss the debates that used to happen and the information that used to come out. I realize and accepted that we are near the end of speculation (DLC is technically almost done), but just missed the times where we would figure out what the hecks been going on. I wasn't in the leaks group when the ESRB Leaks happened, but I was invited when the whole Rayman fiasco occurred and there were posts by the minute giving arguments. It was just kind of nice interacting with other people have the same objective.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Made a post effectively debunking the supposed "Fire Emblem bias" some people claim Sakurai has;

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72282230

Thanks to @PushDustIn for the sourcegaming article on Chrom and thanks to @Masked Man for the article on Alph. I also make this point in my post regarding clone characters;

The worst you could do is complain that Lucina took up space from another potential clone-like character, but I can't imagine the fandom would've reacted very well to Dark Samus or Dixie Kong as near 1:1 clones of Samus and Diddy. I'd imagine we'd have a million topics on how Sakurai hated the DK/Metroid fandom so much that he gave us unrealized clones of characters with true potential.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't want to see DK Jr.... but at the same time, the salt would be hilarious.

I'm conflicted.

AreJay25

I don't really want Gengar in the game, but he's cool so I voted indifferent.

The moveset potential is there, though. Makes me wish Game Freak would push Ghost types more.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I remembered my actual most disappointing game, Spyro Enter the Dragonfly. At least Mario Stickers Star was competent for what it was.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Is it bad that the thing I hate the most about Classic Mode is how it lowers the difficulty for losing?
On one hand, I think it's a more appropriate penalty than a simple coin fee to continue, especially with how the difficulty is handled now. I additionally like that it prevents cheesing through 9.0 by just having a bunch of coins saved up and brute forcing your way through.

On the other hand, it makes attempting special 9.0 Master Core runs, like this no damage run I did, a loooooooooot more tedious, as you have to run through that awful Classic mode every time for each single try at 9.0 (though what they should have done was made it an event where you fight the 9.0 Master Core on one stock, like how Melee had the penultimate event put you up against the Hands on one stock; it would have made for an interesting challenging event (certainly much better than a complete copy of Brawl's awful penultimate event), and gave you a way to immediately fight the Hands/Core without having to play through Classic mode).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That game is like the Sonic '06 of Spyro. I'm not even joking.
The only fun to had were the spitfire missions. Even though they made no sense. (WHY DOES A DRAGON NEED A PLANE!?)

AreJay25

I have a confession to make.

I have yet to beat Classic on 9.0.

I'm not even going to try.

Chrono.

I have a confession to make.

I have yet to beat Classic on 9.0.

I'm not even going to try.
It's pretty doable on the 3DS (did it with custom-less Ike before he even got buffed, it was fun)

Wii U is a different story (I haven't made it past the 3rd or 4th stage, I've never even fought Master Fortress)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I completely forgot that the 3DS didn't get that feature. I wonder why.
Yeah it's strange.

And ironfall's hacks are slowly working interesting...

That chrom video is great!

And Blue gets 10 out of 10 for snake's entry!

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I wonder...

Would you buy an updated version for the NX if the following feature were included (assuming WiiU as a base)

* DLC characters & Stages as standard
* Ported 3DS stages
* Return of Ice Climbers
* Tidy Select Screen

I'd be conflicted personally. I'd basically be buying what I already own, just all in the one place with a little bonus. That tidy roster is tempting though...
I actually considered an idea like this, though a bit differently.

I feel like Sakurai might feel as though he's struck a good chord with how the game plays now and might not want to overhaul the mechanics so much like has been done with every game until now. So while it wouldn't be a straight port, I could see a Smash 5 on NX with all the current characters (including DLC) and most or all of the stages returning 80-90% the way they are now, and the large bulk of development on the game would be in new fighters, stages, and, most importantly, modes.

This, I would buy. A raw port with Ice Climbers added...probably not.

AreJay25

It's pretty doable on the 3DS (did it with custom-less Ike before he even got buffed, it was fun)

Wii U is a different story (I haven't made it past the 3rd or 4th stage, I've never even fought Master Fortress)
I didn't really try it on 3DS because I was busy messing around with the rest of the game. Maybe I should complete it there just to say I did. lol

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
On one hand, I think it's a more appropriate penalty than a simple coin fee to continue, especially with how the difficulty is handled now. I additionally like that it prevents cheesing through 9.0 by just having a bunch of coins saved up and brute forcing your way through.

On the other hand, it makes attempting special 9.0 Master Core runs, like this no damage run I did, a loooooooooot more tedious, as you have to run through that awful Classic mode every time for each single try at 9.0 (though what they should have done was made it an event where you fight the 9.0 Master Core on one stock, like how Melee had the penultimate event put you up against the Hands on one stock; it would have made for an interesting challenging event (certainly much better than a complete copy of Brawl's awful penultimate event), and gave you a way to immediately fight the Hands/Core without having to play through Classic mode).

I pretty much entirely agree with this. It was really easy to cheese Classic mode before, but then again, Classic mode was a lot easier before IMO. Master and Crazy Hand together are nothing compared to the 50 different forms of Master Core followed by Master Fortress.

Like @ AreJay25 AreJay25 , I've yet to beat Classic 9.0. I've tried a bunch of times and it's left me so frustrated that it's not worth it to me. There's a limit to the amount of effort I'll put into accomplishments in games if they're tedious and unenjoyable for me. Maybe I'll come back to it some day when I feel particularly patient.

AreJay25

To commemorate this special page.

I'd like to introduce you all to something from Pac-Man's kart racing game.

Pac-Devil. Yes, this exists.

Edit: Why the hell did this image change to a banner for cars.

Edit 2: Fixed

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I actually considered an idea like this, though a bit differently.

I feel like Sakurai might feel as though he's struck a good chord with how the game plays now and might not want to overhaul the mechanics so much like has been done with every game until now. So while it wouldn't be a straight port, I could see a Smash 5 on NX with all the current characters (including DLC) and most or all of the stages returning 80-90% the way they are now, and the large bulk of development on the game would be in new fighters, stages, and, most importantly, modes.

This, I would buy. A raw port with Ice Climbers added...probably not.
Using some complicated math (read, messing with eShop Prices) if we include existing DLC that come to 4 characters at 15.96 and 3 N64 stages at 5.97 making approx $22 worth of current content. For such a game to be value for money (assuming $60 price tag and minus cost of NX console) we'd need another $38 worth of content. That works out to 9.5 characters or 18 stages. Or any combination, considering according to US pricing characters are worth two stages.

I had to remove Ryu's stage to simplify things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom