• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Imagine if a Smash game removed Mario and Link.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has any single MK character been in every game? Playable or not. Even if we skip vs DCU and Shaolin Monks.

The original ones are Kano, Lui Kang, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Sonya, Reptile, Goro and Shan Tsun.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Double Posting Warning Received
Mewtwo is a pretty important face of the Pokemon franchise and he got cut.

Sub-Zero.
Damn right too. Sub-Zero is better than Scorpion anyways.

Screw anyone who says otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
https://archive.moe/v/thread/297821827/#297822872

Every leak with every veteran returning. Why. ;-;
Personally, I don't think we'll ever get partial results of the Ballot; .. they won't even mention the most voted when the thing be concluded;.. they'll just say "thank you all for your votes, the character(s) has been chosen; please, wait for news".. And then in 2016 a trailer is shown or something; It's the safer way..
--If they treat the results any other way, I can see a lot negative reception.. like people saying "x or y" character was robbed and such..

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Actually she does have fans in Japan that want her games to be localized and a company called intergrow is gonna localize her games in japan. https://twitter.com/intergrow/status/531718513992286210

Here's PushDustin's translation of the twitter message:

"intergrow: October 16th, 2013: Good morning everyone. We are the team at Intergrow games. It's on the top page but, we will handle the release of the localization behind Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Mighty Switch Force!

Ketnolimit: November 7th: Mighty Switch Force has been distributed, but what happened with Shantae? Did the plan fall through?

intergrow: November 10th, 2014: Sorry to keep you waiting. The Japanese localization of Shantae will not be distributed via DSI Ware, but instead has been moved to the 3DS e-Shop. I think we will release more information about it next year, so please wait a little long!"
just because a character can get in doesn't mean they will
i'm not trying to be mean or burb or anything but there are only two indie games that come anywhere close to the importance of the third parties in smash already... and those are minecraft and touhou.
and they're... yeah. minecraft is microsoft's now anyway.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Actually she does have fans in Japan that want her games to be localized and a company called intergrow is gonna localize her games in japan. https://twitter.com/intergrow/status/531718513992286210

Here's PushDustin's translation of the twitter message:

"intergrow: October 16th, 2013: Good morning everyone. We are the team at Intergrow games. It's on the top page but, we will handle the release of the localization behind Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Mighty Switch Force!

Ketnolimit: November 7th: Mighty Switch Force has been distributed, but what happened with Shantae? Did the plan fall through?

intergrow: November 10th, 2014: Sorry to keep you waiting. The Japanese localization of Shantae will not be distributed via DSI Ware, but instead has been moved to the 3DS e-Shop. I think we will release more information about it next year, so please wait a little long!"
I mean... that doesn't really matter in this case unless it already came out. Like good for them that they might localize her games at some point but as of right now it's most likely a very small amount of people in Japan that are aware of her. Until it's 100% that her games are over there AND that they are selling well, she still doesn't have global support. And it's a GLOBAL ballot for Smash. So... yeah.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just ordered the amiibos for charziard, greinja, ness, and villager from amazon. but they won't be here till july :'(

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Never in my life did I think there was a worse MK handheld port than the Game Boy ones (honorable mention going to the GBA one).
Honestly MK4 on Game Boy might still be the worst.

I will give it credit for probably having the easiest Shao Khan fight though.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly MK4 on Game Boy might still be the worst.
The fact it had unique differences depending if you played it on the GB, GBC, or GBA says otherwise. It wasn't good, but it had something going for it. Nothing beats the horrible MK Gold, a port of 4... it was completely broken and barely functioned right. -_-

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The fact it had unique differences depending if you played it on the GB, GBC, or GBA says otherwise. It wasn't good, but it had something going for it. Nothing beats the horrible MK Gold, a port of 4... it was completely broken and barely functioned right. -_-
Wasn't MK Gold just 4 with more content though?

Nah, ... Mortal Kombat on the Game.com was the worst port ever.
I don't know man, at least the Game.com didn't make my eyes and ears bleed like GB MK4. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know man, at least the Game.com didn't make my eyes and ears bleed like GB MK4. :p
Still, at least worse case with that game you could ditch it and play much, much better Game Boy games.
The Hell did Game.com have?

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So since you all are posting your original wishlists, and E3 is fast approching, I figured I should contribute. Although for the life of me I couldn't remember who I wanted, so instead I dug through my twitter to find all of my smash-related reactions! :upsidedown:

There's a lot, so I'll spoiler tag it.
So in 2013 I was more into flipnotes, Pokemon and Minecraft, so I didn't have too many tweets regarding smash...

This is the first reaction I had. I don't think any of us saw that coming...

This is the next thing I could find. At the time Sonic was my secondary in Brawl... so I wanted him back. Also was salty over Luigi getting announced over a newcomer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I got pretty excited here. Funny part is I don't even play Sonic in smash 4...

Wasn't too hype for Rosalina. Thought she was gimmicky...

This one isnt directly smash related but looking back at it, kinda funny. :p

I think here I was less hype for Little Mac and more hype for Pac-Man and Mii being essentially confirmed. And thus started the age of Gematsu...

Posted this right after Gematsu pt. 2 was leaked. I already wanted a RH character, so I jumped on that Chorus Kids hype train right away. And to this day, I'm still riding it...

Right before the smash direct. I wanted Pac-Man.

Reactions to Greninja. I was pretty hype, I don't think these tweets showed that enough.

Here were my first prediction rosters. Not sure which came first, but they were both in the period between Greninja and Ike. The Gematsu bias is strong.

Oh, younger me. If only you were aware of what was to come... *sniff*

Needless to say this threw me for a loop. I was one of many that predicted Chrom over Ike. Also this was the first Pic of the Day character I witnessed.

I was SUPER hype for Pac-Man, even though he was expected. Palutena and the Miis were also expected, but I wasn't too thrilled. Gematsu was at its absolute peak at this point.

Aaaaaand this was my first ever post on smashboards! Dream roster, still gematsu-biased. Although this was in the general character discussion thread, ugh. So glad I found you guys to hang around instead. :)

Although now that I had a an account here, that meant less tweets because I would post my reactions here instead. Specifically, I didn't tweet about Robin/Lucina. I'm not going to bother finding my smashboards post about it. But I do remember fearing what may become of my precious Chorus Kids... (and Shulk, to a lesser extent)

ESRB leak + Shulk trailer reactions. Again, I think my main reaction was in the old leaks thread.

I liked Duck Hunt.

But anyway, thats all the twitter stuff I could find. Interesting seeing the whole timeline. But alas, where are my Chorus Kids? :urg:

Man, what a long journey it has been. Smash has really changed my life, however corny that may sound. Reacting, speculating, discussing, playing; It just became my passion. :estatic:
although im not gonna lie splatoon is pretty cool

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh really? I don't have much experience with Gold so I was unaware that was an issue.
It crashes the most during Arcade Mode. It's a very difficult to finish game. :urg: it's a cool game in theory, but it was awful. No "So bad it's good", either. That's something 06, Wii U Boom, etc. can say. This game? Nah. Was just bad.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My Radical DLC Wishlist:

1. Ice Climbers
2. Captain Toad
3. Dixie Kong
4. King K. Rool
5. Any new Zelda rep, even (especially) Tingle.

Stages:

1. Angel Island Zone
2. Clock Tower (Majora's Mask)
3. Saffron City HD
4. Mushroom Kingdom 2 HD
5. Retro Ice Climber (similar to DH)

Mii Costumes:

1. Tails as Gunner
2. Knuckles as Brawler
3. Magnus (KI) as Swordsman
4. Bayonetta as Gunner
5. Shovel Knight as Swordsman
6. Any Punch Out! character as Brawler

I can give or take most of these, but if Capcom got exclusive Mii costumes, we better get ones for Sonic characters!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Classics like Duke Nukem 3D!
... oh.

Err... Sonic Jam!
... I see what you mean.
Oh, and don't forget the commercials.
Because obviously the best way to market your console is to belittle your targeted demographic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom