• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Sad day. Nintendo has been a very important part of my life. Although I could not have my own video game system until I could afford to buy one myself, I have many fond memories of playing with my friends. Nintendo will still continue, and will still be great.
R.I.P Iwata. Thanks for the memories.

Ivander

Smash Legend
GG Swamp, you got me back :crying:

...Also I just realized something.
We have lost Monty Oum, James Horner, John Nash, B.B King, Christopher Lee, Leonard Nimoy, Satoru Iwata, and Chikao Ohtsuka so far during the year.

So many figure heads across so many different forms of media passing on within 6 months.
This is the year that will remembered as one of the hardest years to swallow for many, many people.
Do not forget Sir Terry Pratchett.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The first true Direct without him is going to be so bittersweet and so surreal.
It's gonna be messed up seeing either Bill Trinen or Reggie doing it for us instead of Iwata

This was the last Direct Iwata did and it was the best of the year. Iwata saved Smash that day

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Post it in your character's thread.

D

Deleted member

The same man who saved Mother 2, Super Smash Bros., and salvaged various games. Also the same man that made Kanto possible in Pokémon Gold & Silver when other programmers at Game Freak couldn't figure it out. We would not be here today had it not been for Iwata, so the very fact we all post on here shows that our lives have been indirectly, if not directly, impacted by Satoru Iwata. Mother 2 is one of my all-time favorite video games and Iwata's death is a reminder of how much he has shaped Nintendo and the video game industry.

I will never forget Iwata as long as I live. R.I.P. 1959-2015

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

I'll do this for Sylux tomorrow.

It's late, never mind that I need to bawl my eyes out anyway.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Today I sat down. For no good reason, I was on the E-shop having a giggle with @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei about how the UK have 5 Wii games more on the virtual console. I checked E3 in the search bar. I watched the start of 2014's E3 were he was fighting Reggie with his Mario Amiibo.
I then decided to briefly check 2013. I watched and smiled at the happiness of how he sounded when saying this is where are meetings will be held from now onwards. The games were great to re-see.
He Gave me so much. I only had a GBA back then because I never had a gamecube I had the Ps2.
He helped shape my childhood. He helped make me the Gamer I am today. He was...... He was part of the Big 3

Without him. The smash series wouldn't exist. I wouldn't have an Amiibo collection of all my favourite Nintendo charters.
This Board wouldn't exist. None of us would have ever met.
I last saw him at his happiest. When he gave me the greatest gift of all. :4lucas:
Thank you Sir Satoru Iwata.
:4ness:WE ALL PK LOVE YOU:4lucas:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
>the first Brawl in the Family update in almost 8-9 months was this

God, please. I'm trying my best not to cry but goddamn it why
Can you go back and reword that? It sounds like you're saying Iwata doesn't deserve that kind of respect from BiTF imo.

But don't fret, I am also trying not to cry.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Even though it's an abnormal day, and I'm an in abnormal state of mind, I went to work as normal and am continuing development as normal. This would be what Mr. Iwata would have wanted, after all. I will do what I must."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can you go back and reword that? It sounds like you're saying Iwata doesn't deserve that kind of respect from BiTF imo.
But don't fret, I am also trying not to cry.
Really? I got the opposite impression. He's saying that this was a big enough deal for BitF to come out of hiatus, making him even more sad.

On a similar note, I will not draw my character paying respect to Iwata. I feel like it would be making propaganda for them at his expense, and that feels wrong to me.
Not shaming anyone who does this, though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm heading to bed. Got work and I really don't want to feel like crap anymore. Gonna sleep it off.

Still RIP Mr. Iwata
image.jpg

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Even though it's an abnormal day, and I'm an in abnormal state of mind, I went to work as normal and am continuing development as normal. This would be what Mr. Iwata would have wanted, after all. I will do what I must."
Sakurai is the greatest. I can't even imagine how he feels right now.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

You mind posting this in Sylux's thread too? Just so that when I do it, it doesn't become a double post.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
This is the first time in 2 years that I seriously cried. It sucks guys. Iwata wasnt just a president, he worked with us and made a connection with us as gamers to let us know that he and Nintendo cared about us. With all the Nintendo Directs and sillyness that went on, you could feel yourself being more and more attached to Mr. Iwata and crew. May you forever rest in piece Satoru Iwata and thank you for your work and dedication.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This been shared yet?
Possibly unpopular opinion below/ nerd rage. Beware:
I have a bit of nerd rage with people using non-Iwata games to honor him. I don't understand the Metal Gear salute at all, as that's not even Nintendo. It's more of a "meme" than "Iwata".

Like my ex sent me a picture of Iwata in the sky of Mario 64...and to me that's not really honoring him as he didn't put his heart into that game. Balloon Fight, Mother 2, Super Smash Brothers, Pokemon Gold and Silver, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, etc...those games and anything he's produced should be the games that we remember. Not Metal Gear Solid.

I'm not trying to bash anyone who does it, as I'm sure they have the best of intentions. It just comes off as...idk...not totally real. If that makes sense.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Iwata was truly a part of all of our childhoods...It says something that I haven't cried about losing my father all these years...Yet I'm on the brink of crying for a man I never knew...All I can do is pay my respects and continue to support Nintendo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a bit of nerd rage with people using non-Iwata games to honor him. I don't understand the Metal Gear salute at all, as that's not even Nintendo. It's more of a "meme" than "Iwata".

Like my ex sent me a picture of Iwata in the sky of Mario 64...and to me that's not really honoring him as he didn't put his heart into that game. Balloon Fight, Mother 2, Super Smash Brothers, Pokemon Gold and Silver, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, etc...those games and anything he's produced should be the games that we remember. Not Metal Gear Solid.

I'm not trying to bash anyone who does it, as I'm sure they have the best of intentions. It just comes off as...idk...not totally real. If that makes sense.
This is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Even if it does bother you, you should criticize things like this.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't even thinking of it as a meme tbh, but just as something I thought kinda connected well, considering snake was around for Brawl, which was around during the highest point of Iwata's run as President, and he doesn't often get connected to Nintendo, but kinda does in this instance

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This is looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Even if it does bother you, you should criticize things like this.
Like I said...I understand their sentiment, and I'm sure they have the best intentions but I can't fully understand it. I know it's a really unpopular opinion, and my timing isn't perfect, but that's just how I feel. I can fully understand why/ how people would react to such a thing being said though.

I wasn't even thinking of it as a meme tbh, but just as something I thought kinda connected well, considering snake was around for Brawl, which was around during the highest point of Iwata's run as President, and he doesn't often get connected to Nintendo, but kinda does in this instance
Again, not directed at anyone in particular. Just something I've noticed in general.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's worth mentioning that Iwata convinced Sakurai to open the ballot.

So whoever gets in also has him to thank.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Balloon Fighter DLC for Smash Brothers should be done in his honor.

Who cares about Villager having his gimmick as an UP+B.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I love how a majority of the internet, a place with arguments, trolls and all around jerk-ish actions can come together in times like this. It's bizarre, yet heartwarming.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Think of it this way.

Iwata was an important man to the entire gaming industry.

It is all but reasonable if other games are used to honor him, as his influence in the gaming world is almost unparalleled and one that deserves respect. Why else did Sony send condolences?

Not criticizing your opinion, just offering a different outlook on it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom