• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Not sure how you got that idea, to be honest. Palutena in her current design, Robin, Shulk and Greninja didn't even exist at that point. Villager, Little Mac and Mega Man, maybe, would've done well on a poll then.

We lost Wolf, also, and didn't get Krystal. Ridley or Isaac, either.
most importantly, we didn't get geno, the most requested newcomer

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
While you guys are talking about Brawl hype, I'm probably the only one listening to the Crazy Orders soundtrack waiting to see what happens after Smash Wii U/3DS's maintenance tomorrow.
This tune gives of a very ominous and mysterious vibe. It helps keep me busy while waiting (and not be bored XD).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
While you guys are talking about Brawl hype, I'm probably the only one listening to the Crazy Orders soundtrack waiting to see what happens after Smash Wii U/3DS's maintenance tomorrow.
This tune gives of a very ominous and mysterious vibe. It helps keep me busy while waiting (and not be bored XD).
Umm that maintenence was from a year ago. It's misinformation, no maintenance AFAIK.

Source Gaming got posted on Destructoid!
http://www.destructoid.com/sakurai-uses-action-figures-to-plan-attacks-for-smash-bros--295855.phtml

D

Deleted member

Not sure how you got that idea, to be honest. Palutena in her current design, Robin, Shulk and Greninja didn't even exist at that point. Villager, Little Mac and Mega Man, maybe, would've done well on a poll then.

We lost Wolf, also, and didn't get Krystal. Ridley or Isaac, either.
The 2006 Brawl poll was Japan-exclusive and by then, Metroid was niche there and Punch-Out!!, never that big in Japan from my recollection, was on a hiatus so Ridley and Little Mac likely would have done poorly. I also recall Wolf being a lot more highly requested in Japan than Krystal so I doubt that would have made a difference for Krystal even if Wolf had returned. As for Villager, while an Animal Crossing character probably scored high, I doubt popularity was what got Villager in this game but instead Sakurai having a change of heart. I will give you Isaac thought; he likely scored very high up there.

The reason why I say Mega Man is the only one is because Mega Man was the highest third-party after Sonic according to Sakurai. Given that most, if not everyone feasible, likely got in Brawl's roster already, I also feel as Mega Man may have been the highest character in the Brawl poll (even above Isaac arguably) that could have become a newcomer for this game (and he did). As for everyone else... Sakurai has never commented on anyone else being added due to fan demand on the initial roster, just Mega Man. Plus I don't feel as any Nintendo characters that did get in (even Little Mac) were on the same level as the massive pre-Brawl fan bases we saw (as well as what Mewtwo, Mega Man, K. Rool, and Ridley commanded for pre-Smash 4). It's not hard to believe that popularity played little, if any role outside of Mega Man until DLC started to roll in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You know what Wolf not being here yet makes relative sense.
I was thinking about this so bare with my theory here as per usual straws are a grasping.
We got Mewtwo in November. He then had 5 months of Hype to get generated (And a crap ton of Leaks with that Render)
We Got Lucas in April and he's had till his Release for Hype to be generated around him.
And Now Roy who up until the next character/ Veteran (in particular veteran)
Each Cut Veteran has been separated in Hype Bar Roy who we knew of through leaks.
Wolf could quite be in the section from august to October like many had speculated before. (I don't expect it but hey)
Now Wolf If I recall was the last character in Brawl to be added.
Regardless of what anyone says Lucas was added early on the website and was in the starting line-up for brawl so I understand completely why he has returned not to mention his Strong Fan-base. Roy has had a strong/good Support since his cut back in the day and I am sure they took in to consideration that he was planned for Brawl.
Now Wolf I can see coming soon. But you know what.
I would love to see Ivysaur and Squirtle join him.
I went back to Brawl to replay Wolf and Ice Climbers. I tried out the Pokémon and then realaised.
They are brilliant characters in the smash family and they deserve to make a come-back.
I want new info on smash in general though so if it's any of these 3 I will be hyped.
If I can't have one Duo. :popo: I shall have another :squirtle::ivysaur:

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
The 2006 Brawl poll was Japan-exclusive and by then, Metroid was niche there and Punch-Out!!, never that big in Japan from my recollection, was on a hiatus so Ridley and Little Mac likely would have done poorly. I also recall Wolf being a lot more highly requested in Japan than Krystal so I doubt that would have made a difference for Krystal even if Wolf had returned. As for Villager, while an Animal Crossing character probably scored high, I doubt popularity was what got Villager in this game but instead Sakurai having a change of heart. I will give you Isaac thought; he likely scored very high up there.

The reason why I say Mega Man is the only one is because Mega Man was the highest third-party after Sonic according to Sakurai. Given that most, if not everyone feasible, likely got in Brawl's roster already, I also feel as Mega Man may have been the highest character in the Brawl poll (even above Isaac arguably) that could have become a newcomer for this game (and he did). As for everyone else... Sakurai has never commented on anyone else being added due to fan demand on the initial roster, just Mega Man. Plus I don't feel as any Nintendo characters that did get in (even Little Mac) were on the same level as the massive pre-Brawl fan bases we saw (as well as what Mewtwo, Mega Man, K. Rool, and Ridley commanded for pre-Smash 4). It's not hard to believe that popularity played little, if any role outside of Mega Man until DLC started to roll in.
Oh, you mean "Sakurai looked at the poll, took Mega Man, then disregarded it" NOT "Sakurai looked at the poll to help pick his newcomers".

My apologies, I misread it. Yes, then I 100% agree.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Mr. Iwata has passed away...He's done so much for nintendo. I can't even think what to say. I am speechless...Rest in peace Iwata and Thank you for everything.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My God......no words.....

I....wow, I thought Iwata still had a lot of life left in him, he was only 55....and then this happens....

This is awful.....

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't know what to say...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The worst part? He said he made an effort to lose weight last month. And this happens merely a month later...

Like, this is absolutely depressing...

D

Deleted member 269706

Wow...that's really sad. Ugh...well, lets celebrate his life rather than mourn over his death. Rest in peace Iwata.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
This is terrible. R.I.P., Iwata. I'll be praying for your friends and family. Thank you for all of your contributions to Nintendo. :sadeyes:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh m god! I'm speechless.... May you R.I.P. Mr. Iwata.
I wish the classic Sonic games would come to the virtual console. Or better yet, port the Taxman and Stealth versions of 1, 2, CD, and hopefully 3&K.

I'm guessing this is a TV movie?
yes

Did I just hear Future Trunks?
Yes you did
Looks more like an extended episode.
a little bit

As long as there's no crappy romantic drama this should be enjoyable.

That's what killed Regular Show for me.
Doesn't look like there is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was very sudden, it seems that his condition was a lot worse than we thought.
RIP Iwata.
He did so much for Nintendo, you could even say he saved it with the Wii and the DS
From the comment section:
"Aww. This weirdly makes me happy for him. Hope it means his health is improving."

Why does things like this have to happen? I was in such a good mood and now this happens

mahirukoizumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
gengar3039
this cant be happening this cant be happening oh nooooo :( thank you iwata for everything
without you i wouldnt be the person i am today. thank you for giving me something that i can enjoy and love

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hiroshi Yamauchi himself believed he left Nintendo in good hands when Iwata took his place upon stepping down....the man was correct.

Godspeed Iwata.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Iwata isn't gone.

He's still in our hearts. ♥

totally not corny

Soul.

I'm legitimately crying right now. How did this happen.
I....I just... don't know anymore....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Iwata please go gentley into that good night.

You were an awesome man with such tremendous character.

Nintendo Direct's will never be the same.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
image.jpg

:4mario::4link::4samus::4pikachu::4kirby::4fox::4falcon::4dk::4ness::4marth::4pit:
I don't care what your favorite Nintendo franchise is, Iwata had some major part into it and was a major influence in the gaming community and seeing how some are being humbled. Don't fret, Iwata just left to where there's no more pair

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I thought this was a sick hacking joke and laughed....then I realized it wasnt. This sucks. This is so unexpected, near unbelievable, and sad.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm legit welling up tears.

I always loved seeing his presence in the company and the amount of warmth and heart he had for the company and it's games.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wish I was more emotional regarding these things...

Crying would feel so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom