• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The clarification is appreciated, though I feel I'd inevitably delve into the series' only two viable reps at this point, even ignoring my obvious favoritism for one of them. Of course, I could keep that to a minimum, but that's to be seen if this were to take off.
Understood, however note that if the article is well researched and interesting enough, and if it covers information that is not already present on the site, then it is still an acceptable article. Like I said, it's more about minimizing the amount of character articles, it's not about getting rid of them all together.

If you're actually interested out line what you would like to write and we can go over and perhaps offer you some suggestions.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
ya know i just realized something if nintendo could get any rare character for smash dlc it
shouldnt be banjo&kazooie....it should be

By the way, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn and myself came to this same conclusion on a google hangouts conversation a week or so ago. I have NO idea what brought it up.

If Rare was still with Nintendo, than Banjo, Joanna Dark, and at least one Battle Toad would be in Smash at this point. Perhaps Kameo, as well, since I have the feeling that game would have been much better received on Nintendo hardware.

I think maybe i could make an attempt at a post about "reps" and the representation in smash in general. I am however working today so I probably wouldnt even have my thoughts together until tomorrow or something.

That is assuming I wouldnt give up immediately.

how about taking a post form one of our social members totally out of context :awesome:
I'd be intimate with an alternate universe gender swapped version of myself.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think maybe i could make an attempt at a post about "reps" and the representation in smash in general. I am however working today so I probably wouldnt even have my thoughts together until tomorrow or something.

That is assuming I wouldnt give up immediately.

how about taking a post form one of our social members totally out of context :awesome:
That works in any context imaginable, sir. :troll:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Basically, I want SG to remain as partial as it possibly can. That goal is reflected in it's name Source Gaming. Obviously, I/the site has some bias in the articles we have, but I'm not going to prevent something from being published even if I disagree with it---as long as it's well written and thought out. With some articles, some of the writers have taken the chance to be published on SG as an attempt to mostly persuade instead of informing about character's chances. This is something that I would avoid as much as possible, especially when there is little logic presented in those articles.

@fuzzy pickles is working on an epic about Mother (the outline is literally three pages long), and his goals with the article are very sound. He's not attempting to persuade people to vote for another Mother character in Smash, but is attempting to inform the reader everything and anything about Mother representation in Smash. I feel like these kinds of articles are severely lacking in the community, so I'd like to personally encourage their creations.

Furthermore, there is a lot of misinformation within Smash. I've made it my personal crusade to fix it, through translations and research. I feel like synergy works best within SG when the people writing articles can use stuff that has been found in an attempt to inform fans of the new information in a digestible manner. Articles that are well-written will be well-sourced, as they encourage an active, fair debate.

Character chances as DLC are hot-button, debatable issues. Honestly speaking, if I wanted to read only the "pro" side of a characters chances in Smash, I would just subscribe to their thread here on SmashBoards. I'm not interested in producing an echo-chamber. I'm interested in creating an actual discussion. I enjoy reading the pieces when the author takes all factors into account, even if it "hurts their cause".

Anyhow, that's just my take on the manner.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei if you think Mr. Dream is hard try fighting Title Defense
sandman on the Wii game aka I CRAP ALL OVER MIKE TYSON

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@fuzzy pickles is working on an epic about Mother (the outline is literally three pages long), and his goals with the article are very sound. He's not attempting to persuade people to vote for another Mother character in Smash, but is attempting to inform the reader everything and anything about Mother representation in Smash. I feel like these kinds of articles are severely lacking in the community, so I'd like to personally encourage their creations.
Would a Metroid version of this kind of article work for you? Considering what I underlined, I can avoid bias almost entirely and still write this faithfully. That and there aren't any in depth Metroid articles in the site, so there's a gap that could be filled.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
You know, I will never understand where people came up with the idea that Lucario replaced Mewtwo.

Nor will I understand the people who somehow thought they were clones.
For me, I need somewhere to send my anger that Mewtwo was gone, and Lucario was the easiest target.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Also, a piece like @TheAnvil's K. Rool article, which is well written, researched, and attempts to showcase the pros AND cons for a character is not frowned upon and may be accepted, albeit on a case by case basis. Like I said, come and talk to us about any and all ideas. If it's very character specific, try to keep it brief, informative, and largely non-biased. Those were my basic guidelines with my "Case 4" articles.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Would a Metroid version of this kind of article work for you? Considering what I underlined, I can avoid bias almost entirely and still write this faithfully. That and there aren't any in depth Metroid articles in the site, so there's a gap that could be filled.
Yes, that would work. If you write up a detailed outline the other writers and I can give you tips on how to improve it before you write the full article. For example, with Fuzzy Pickle's, I pointed out additional information that he missed and possible misinformation in his outline. Also, I'll start actively start looking for Metroid related information myself.

Khoru

Smash Champion
dang.
it's still a couple of days before new horizons reaches its closest to pluto but this is still super cool

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yes, that would work. If you write up a detailed outline the other writers and I can give you tips on how to improve it before you write the full article. For example, with Fuzzy Pickle's, I pointed out additional information that he missed and possible misinformation in his outline. Also, I'll start actively start looking for Metroid related information myself.
Also, a piece like @TheAnvil's K. Rool article, which is well written, researched, and attempts to showcase the pros AND cons for a character is not frowned upon and may be accepted, albeit on a case by case basis. Like I said, come and talk to us about any and all ideas. If it's very character specific, try to keep it brief, informative, and largely non-biased. Those were my basic guidelines with my "Case 4" articles.
Hmm. I'm tempted to write both articles, but seeing as FP's outline is described as being three pages long I'd wait to see how that turns out before tackling it myself.

On the other hand, I've been thinking it over in regards to Spazzy's quote above, and came to think: what if it were an article describing the series chances for additional DLC and not just a particular fighter? Analyzing all of the possible and viable character choices of each? I could write that with an equal mindset due similarly low chances for any of them. And it wouldn't be limited to characters, I could also include stages, costumes, etc. to give a complete outlook on what could be made with Metroid in regards to DLC.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
dang.
it's still a couple of days before new horizons reaches its closest to pluto but this is still super cool
As someone who is interested in Astronomy, it's super exciting finally seeing this "planet" (or dwarf planet) in all of its glory. We never seen it up close as it's all the way near the Kuiper Belt. So that's really cool. I'm really hoping we can see photos of Charion next.

Also, someone apperently made a game based on Amiibo hunting in Warioware D.I.Y. Seems like a very funny parody.

Last edited:
What the hell is taking smashified so long? it feels like it has been at least twice as long since their last project :urg:

also yay for one year of posting.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What the hell is taking smashified so long? it feels like it has been at least twice as long since their last project :urg:

also yay for one year of posting.
My year won't be until next month

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the corocoro earlier. The movie's plot is on Zygarde, so he has two forms it seems. I'm guessing that around the movie's release we will see XY version 3.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So the corocoro earlier. The movie's plot is on Zygarde, so he has two forms it seems. I'm guessing that around the movie's release we will see XY version 3.
So Pokemon Z?

I can't wait for the eventual DBZ jokes and Pokemon GT/Pokemon Super

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hmm. I'm tempted to write both articles, but seeing as FP's outline is described as being three pages long I'd wait to see how that turns out before tackling it myself.

On the other hand, I've been thinking it over in regards to Spazzy's quote above, and came to think: what if it were an article describing the series chances for additional DLC and not just a particular fighter? Analyzing all of the possible and viable character choices of each? I could write that with an equal mindset due similarly low chances for any of them. And it wouldn't be limited to characters, I could also include stages, costumes, etc. to give a complete outlook on what could be made with Metroid in regards to DLC.

Thoughts?
Write up a quick outline, and send it to me. I'll let you know my thoughts when I see it. Kind of hard to make a decision now.

Chrono.

I remember Gamefreak saying once Pokemon Z or X2Y2 would be too expected, so they might try something else.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Personally, I would love the rumored combined ORAS+XY sequel. Or really just Delta Emerald would be great.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Thoughts?
That is a much more interesting take on the situation, in my opinion. I myself have done some preliminary research for a Ridley article I was going to write sometime in the future. I honestly believe that Sakurai is a fan of the Metroid series (Samus was one of the characters he used as a proof of concept for Smash 64 and this was during a time that the series was experiencing a considerable drought) and actually LIKES Ridley (he is the only non-Pokemon character to have a non-trophy role in every Smash game yet not be playable.)

I'm not sure when I would be able to get to that article as I have started a new job and also have transitioned into an editorial role with Source Gaming, both of which take up a decent amount of my time. If you would like to roll some of that into your general Metroid article feel free to do so - we can talk about it when you submit your out line.

@ Khoru Khoru Your proposed SE article MIGHT work better as a two parter - the first part discussing Square Enix's long history with Nintendo (don't forget that Final Fantasy on the NES literally saved Sqaure Soft from going under) and why the company itself deserves representation, with the second part going more in depth describing possible reps. It's up to you, however.

We communicate mostly through google hangouts (which in a lot of ways takes conversations away from this board, lol) so let me know if you are serious about writing and send me or push your contact info and we will add you to the conversation.

Khoru

Smash Champion
@ Khoru Khoru Your proposed SE article MIGHT work better as a two parter - the first part discussing Square Enix's long history with Nintendo (don't forget that Final Fantasy on the NES literally saved Sqaure Soft from going under) and why the company itself deserves representation, with the second part going more in depth describing possible reps. It's up to you, however.

We communicate mostly through google hangouts (which in a lot of ways takes conversations away from this board, lol) so let me know if you are serious about writing and send me or push your contact info and we will add you to the conversation.
that's fair, it would be a lot to tackle
i'll work a bit on coming up with an outline. i apologize if i end up lapsing really badly

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Pokemon Z?

I can't wait for the eventual DBZ jokes and Pokemon GT/Pokemon Super
I could see it but it's to simple I'm going with Delta Z. It will be:
Personally, I would love the rumored combined ORAS+XY sequel. Or really just Delta Emerald would be great.
exactly this. Makes so much sense with hints in both versions.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Okay, since the chances are slim for a new character today. I have to honor my bet and shaqify my avatar/description (which I will do tomorrow). In the mean time (@Burb), here's my modified avatar:
285931(2).jpg

This will also be in my signature:

5LqtmCd.gif

Get ready for a :yeahboi: attaq.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wait, this was rumored? I don't quite remember that... but if it's what it sounds like (Hoenn plus Kalos all in one game) then I'm all for it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That is a much more interesting take on the situation, in my opinion. I myself have done some preliminary research for a Ridley article I was going to write sometime in the future. I honestly believe that Sakurai is a fan of the Metroid series (Samus was one of the characters he used as a proof of concept for Smash 64 and this was during a time that the series was experiencing a considerable drought) and actually LIKES Ridley (he is the only non-Pokemon character to have a non-trophy role in every Smash game yet not be playable.)

I'm not sure when I would be able to get to that article as I have started a new job and also have transitioned into an editorial role with Source Gaming, both of which take up a decent amount of my time. If you would like to roll some of that into your general Metroid article feel free to do so - we can talk about it when you submit your out line.
When I submit this outline to Push I'll invite you too just to obtain a shared opinion.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
honestly believe that Sakurai is a fan of the Metroid series (Samus was one of the characters he used as a proof of concept for Smash 64 and this was during a time that the series was experiencing a considerable drought) ...
That reminds me, I really need to go back and finish translating that interview. There's some information that's I didn't include in my summary, and now that I'm looking over it again would be really informative. *adds to list of things to do*.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
That reminds me, I really need to go back and finish translating that interview. There's some information that's I didn't include in my summary, and now that I'm looking over it again would be really informative. *adds to list of things to do*.
Teach me Japanese and I'll help. :awesome:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
The image is broken for me (it also got a strike from the Miiverse Admins) so here's our butt-sniffing blond boy again!:4lucas:

Mod Edit: If the Miiverse admins don't like it, it's probably not a good idea to repost it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have to wonder if "series rep" will factor into the ballot choices.

Let's say that if you combine the top 3 Rhythm Heaven reps votes the total would place them at number 2 most wanted, but individually each character hovers at around number 10.... would a RH rep be looked at because there is obvious demand for someone from that franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom