• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
They really need to stop announcing dancing/singing games at E3. It never goes well.

Save those announcements for magazines and gaming sites.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They really need to stop announcing dancing/singing games at E3. It never goes well.

Save those announcements for magazines and gaming sites.
You know what? Why the Hell not? Sure it was crap, and Derulo sounded like a exasperated dolphin repeatedly punched in the stomach, but it perfectly encapsulates Ubisoft's entire conference.
A bunch of tryhards trying to sound hip and cool as if they actually give a damn about their fanbase. It's like watching a 40-year old man wearing a hat backwards and exclaiming "Lol! I'm so wacky!" as if he knows inside out what all the "kool kidz" are into. It's not funny, it's annoying.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I can see everybody is having fun with the conferences so far. Meanwhile while listening to them, I'm just doing lots of Smash Runs with Roy, Ryu and Lucas still trying to get those last hats I need.

Also, new Avatar change for a bit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I got 200 coins left for Club Nintendo.

What should I get?

I'm thinking Punch Out!!, Super Punch Out!!, The Mario Land games or Sakura Samurai.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Two Smash trailers??
Out of curiosity, who do you think would be revealed here?
I would go with wolf or another vet. And a newcomer who was planned for base game( I think Ryu wasn't but gained pirioty), so Chorus kids maybe? But reworked to one choir boy. Of course the RH music would go against thism so probably someone we didn't know were planned.

Wolf is a safe bet I'd say, especially if his trailer is a quick one like Mewtwo's.

As for the other...

:crying: [SOBS FOR 400 YEARS ABOUT SNAKE] why u do dis Konami
I would snake with wolf, but probably won't happen :(

Decent fake

It is indeed good, the clapping is one thing that spells fake for me, they wouldn't pre record that, and this obviously wasn't live.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
they would have been found by now given that people already datamined the update before it was officially released

so no, i doubt there's any hints left in

Also that XDS thing is totally fake. It's too much pipedreaming, and combined with the fact the presentation looks something right out of 2004 or something, but unpolishedly so. Good effort, but sloppy execution.

Last edited:
I mean no Rayman but we did get a lot of cool games I have to jkeep my eyes on.
For Honor, Tom Clancy's GTA, and dividion are all games I will probably play.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei I assume you have super metroid.

3D classics Kid Icarus or f-zero if you dont have them.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can see everybody is having fun with the conferences so far. Meanwhile while listening to them, I'm just doing lots of Smash Runs with Roy, Ryu and Lucas still trying to get those last hats I need.

Also, new Avatar change for a bit.

I need to do the same as well. But first, gonna take a power nap before the Sony conference

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I mean no Rayman but we did get a lot of cool games I have to jkeep my eyes on.
For Honor, Tom Clancy's GTA, and dividion are all games I will probably play.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei I assume you have super metroid.

3D classics Kid Icarus or f-zero if you dont have them.
That original Kid Icarus is brutal man.

That original Kid Icarus is brutal man.
The first level is the hardest. once you get used to the awkward physics and get some health upgrades its much easier. Especially because the 2nd world has vertical scrolling (the 3rd does though)

Its also an amazing game after that first level and overcoming the early difficulty is one of my favorite moments in gaming.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
they would have been found by now given that people already datamined the update before it was officially released

Also that XDS thing is totally fake. It's too much pipedreaming, and combined with the fact the presentation looks something right out of 2004 or something, but unpolishedly so. Good effort, but sloppy execution.
Wasn't only the Wii U update Datamined ?

Maybe , like the first time , only the 3DS will have information

Khoru

Smash Champion
Wasn't only the Wii U update Datamined ?

Maybe , like the first time , only the 3DS will have information
that's been datamined too and it had nothing
no, the fountain of dreams music wasn't there, shinyquagsire made an incorrect assumption

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

I guess they learned their lesson:urg: Well hopefully they announce more characters tomorrow, otherwise its gonna be a looooooooong wait for a new character confirmation, and we already saw what happened with Mewtwo, fans worrying if there would be more DLC, but at least had Mewtwo to look forward to. The only paid DLC we have to wait for right now is the 2 N64 stages, as Tourney mode is free, and they need to announce something more, at least a character to get people hyped to give them $$$. Since the price of the 2 stages combined is pretty close to the price of a character. Mii costumes can be announced later as they are the least hypeworthy of the all the forms of Smash DLC.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
ehhh not a fan of le reddit faces to be honest

that comic was painfully memeific :C

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
An idea, Dreamland 64 got a lot of new music so is there any notable missing tracks for Peach's Castle or Hyrule Castle to have?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
An idea, Dreamland 64 got a lot of new music so is there any notable missing tracks for Peach's Castle or Hyrule Castle to have?
3D World and Hyrule Warriors music please.

Triple Deluxe got its final boss track, why not?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is Melee's Version of Saria's Song in WiU? It's always the song that's absence bugged me the most in Brawl.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It is not.
Well there's one candidate for Hyrule Castle's Melee music.

Like you said, I hope for the Hyrule Warrior's remixes. I wonder if they need to contact TK or if they own the originals they can just go a head and slap it in.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We do have a shameful lack of Majora's Mask tracks in the game. (Even Brawl only had Termina Field, which is not a very distinctive track.) Particularly given the existence of MM3D, maybe they'll remedy that through Hyrule Castle's songs?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait... What if Wolf is taking a while because they got his painfully British 64 VA in to re-record the lines rather than re-using his Brawl ones?

Khoru

Smash Champion
the hyrule castle music from alttp has actually never been in smash
(i'd hope for the ending music)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The first level is the hardest. once you get used to the awkward physics and get some health upgrades its much easier. Especially because the 2nd world has vertical scrolling (the 3rd does though)

Its also an amazing game after that first level and overcoming the early difficulty is one of my favorite moments in gaming.
I tell people this all the time. Kid Icarus isn't hard. It just has a steep difficulty curve....once you get past level one it's smooth sailing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Guys , do you think David Hayter might came back for MGS V ? Big Boss is really too quiet ( No Pun intended) ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom