• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

FOr some reason, I have not played FEH today yet. I should do so. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
KH has probably the only stoy in a video game I've really found myself invested in and anyone that says the story is bad is dead to me.

Well, not really dead to me.

I maintain that anyone who says it's beyond understanding hasn't played all the games or at least looked up plot summaries and those who have and still can't figure it out have comprehension problems or just aren't interested enough. Also over simplification or derision of plot twists leads to a bad reputation. I've seen plenty of people simplify DDD to "Everyone is Xehanort", which isn't true and even then, we'd known for some time that multiple Xehanorts have existed.

I do think the story being stretched out over many years and on various platforms have made experiencing the story difficult but the HD collections have made things easier. Even then, things like KHwiki offer good summaries (except for KHX. The articles there are massive walls of text).

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'd rather have lazy, barely existent story-telling than see a teenager respond to the death of a friend by asking "WHO AM I GONNA EAT ICE CREAM WITH?" in a scene that's supposed to be completely serious and legitimately emotional.

The series was dumb before DDD.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Everyone better go vote for Virion or I'mma be upset.
Voted Tharja.

If I'm gonna get a projectile spammer, I'll take one that's more fun to look at.

The age-old question regarding 1000-year old beings that look like little girls. :smirk:
upload_2018-3-26_20-36-10.png

Not wrong though.

D

Deleted member

I really don't get why people **** so much on the ice cream scene. Maybe I don't have the context but it doesn't sound bad at all

Burb

The Absolute Worst
KH has probably the only stoy in a video game I've really found myself invested in and anyone that says the story is bad is dead to me.

I maintain that anyone who says it's beyond understanding hasn't played all the games or at least looked up plot summaries and those who have and still can't figure it out have comprehension problems or just aren't interested enough. Also over simplification or derision of plot twists leads to a bad reputation. I've seen plenty of people simplify DDD to "Everyone is Xehanort", which isn't true and even then, we'd known for some time that multiple Xehanorts have existed.

I do think the story being stretched out over many years and on various platforms have made experiencing the story difficult but the HD collections have made things easier. Even then, things like KHwiki offer good summaries (except for KHX. The articles there are massive walls of text).
I can understand complex stories just fine.

It's stupid ones I have an issue with, wherein lies the problem. :awesome:

I really don't get why people **** so much on the ice cream scene. Maybe I don't have the context but it doesn't sound bad at all
Because it was embarrassing.

Pretty much all there is to it, at least from my perspective.

I don't see the issue in people ****ing on it. I mean, we got here from a conversation with people ****ing on FE Fates.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can understand complex stories just fine.

It's stupid ones I have an issue with, wherein lies the problem. :awesome:

Because it was embarrassing.

Pretty much all there is to it, at least from my perspective.

I don't see the issue in people ****ing on it. I mean, we got here from a conversation with people ****ing on FE Fates.
I'm not saying there's something wrong with it, I'm just saying I don't get it.

Doesn't help whenever I ask this I usually just get a meme response.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can understand after DDD(seriously, Time Travel?). Seriously, if you took DDD out, Kingdom Hearts story would be more comprehensible.
I mean, why didn't they just do the thing mentioned in BBS? The Heartless and Nobody destroyed, the bad guy comes back, plain and simple. Why add time travel? :facepalm:
Because Xehanort would still need the 13 hearts of darkness and 7 hearts of light to create the X-blade and Kingdom Hearts. Basically you can summarise Xehanort has having made 3 plans (2 and a failsafe backup).

First plan was him using Ventus to try and forge the X-blade. It didn't work and he learned about the 13 darkness and 7 light.
Next plan, which was semi-visible to us and truly revealed in DDD, was having Malifecent gather the 7 princesses (for the 7 lights) and having Organization XIII be vessels for Xehanort to take control of and be the 13 darkness. Xehanort planned for interference and had his backup plan going along at the same time.
By having his past self travel through time, he could gather versions of himself and other allies ot be his 13 vessels. Now the heroes could either do nothing, in which case he could just regather the princesses of light, or have the heroes face him in which case the clash will be able to forge the X-blade.

Time travel just happened to be a good vehicle to have the backup plan work, show just how much of a mastermind Xehanort is and how determined he is to succeed and do all that with having to change any of the existing story.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why do I like torturing people with that Ridley Jr image?

Because I want to show them why Ridley x Samus is bad or just to shock them?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lemme make something clear here, since I bash Fates to no end almost every chance I get.

If you like Fates, that's totally fine. I just hate the direction and tone Fates took, particularly with its characters. And the story. I don't really have any problem with the actual game itself (mostly), I mean... It's Fire Emblem at it's core. And I particularly enjoyed the challenge it had in Conquest in particular.

...I couldn't finish Birthright because I was literally done with anything and everything to do with the story and characters at that point, BUT I DIGRESS (I'm literally a writer, these things bug me more than they should and more than it probably does the average person), again, it's fine if you like Fates. It handled FE a bit differently to broaden it's appeal. That 'different' just... Wasn't for me.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Side note, I just realized something. Smash 4 is at EVO this year.
This might be the last major tournament 4 will be in. Because we have that new game coming out this year.
...Huh.
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So the new Steven universe episodes are out and there are two things pretty interesting and funny. I’ll it then in spoilers though
I’ll post full thoughts later but Lars garnet and the off colors are heading to an asteroid belt managed by yellow diamond. That’s going to be a hype af episode when it airs. Pretty sweet ending to a good episode that we knew most of what to expect from.
lmao at that draw me like one of your French girls reference. That was one of the best lines in the show.
I got to watching them today. Very much enjoyed what I saw.

Are those episodes due to air soon, too? This set of episodes was great, but I definitely need more space and Homeworld episodes soon.

Garnet was hilarious in "Pool Hopping". Her development in the episode was interesting, though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This might be the last major tournament 4 will be in. Because we have that new game coming out this year.
...Huh.
That's... Huh.

I never really thought about that. 4 is practically going to not exist after this year. That's weird, man.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Unless it's heavily based off Smash 4.
Yeah I know about the whole port vs new game thing (personally I'm calling new game but I digress).
But like, hypothetically.
This may be the last major tournament with Smash 4 on the big screen, or at the very least EVO.
...**** it's been a long time since its release.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
In context, it does make sense. The main character was practically an empty shell and Axel who becomes his best friend becomes friends with him by sharing ice cream together. They do it after all of their missions allowing for Axel to open up Roxas.
When Axel leaves for a mission and Xion enters the scene, Xion is mostly just as empty and confused as Roxas was before, so Roxas, going with what he was taught by Axel, has ice cream with her open up. Axel comes back later and all three spend their time together on the clock tower eating ice cream.
Eventually, things go wrong regarding Xion and Roxas also leaves as he questions about Xion and the Keyblade. When he meets Xion again eventually, he learns about Xemnas' plan to use Xion to absorb Roxas, thus making Xion the "true" Sora and keeping the real Sora in stasis unable to be woken. Roxas foils this and Xion begins to disappear, thankful that she didn't win. Roxas calls out the line in his sadness while Xion disappears.

In JP, he says, "Xion, let's have ice cream. The three of us." In ENG, he says the more vocal line, "No. Who will I have ice cream with?" Out of context, it's silly. In context, it makes sense as he "grew up" around the idea of friends eating ice cream. To him, friends have ice cream together. In JP, it sounds more like he's begging for her not to die and for them to go back to just the three of them eating ice cream together like they did before. In ENG, it sounds more forceful, but when you look at the fact that he lost his best friend by leaving the Organization and now he's losing Xion, it's the idea of "No Xion. If you die, I will have lost all of my friends."

In context, the actual scene makes sense, but the ENG line was alot more out of context. The JP line in context is alot easier to connect as he's practically begging her not to die and let it just be the three being friends together. There's nothing directly wrong with the ENG line. But I think what hurts it is that it is more out-of-context and perhaps the delivery.
Lemme make something clear here, since I bash Fates to no end almost every chance I get.

If you like Fates, that's totally fine. I just hate the direction and tone Fates took, particularly with its characters. And the story. I don't really have any problem with the actual game itself (mostly), I mean... It's Fire Emblem at it's core. And I particularly enjoyed the challenge it had in Conquest in particular.

...I couldn't finish Birthright because I was literally done with anything and everything to do with the story and characters at that point, BUT I DIGRESS (I'm literally a writer, these things bug me more than they should and more than it probably does the average person), again, it's fine if you like Fates. It handled FE a bit differently to broaden it's appeal. That 'different' just... Wasn't for me.
Nobody is really "defending" Fates, except it's gameplay and some of the character supports. We can see the problems with it and we are definitely not defending the actual problems. We're just saying that the gameplay, compared to the story, was much more superior and was a good direction.
Stuff like My Castle, A+ Supports, Hidden weapons, improved weapon triangle, magic alot more balanced than Awakening, Pair-Up alot more balanced than Awakening, Online multiplayer, Class sharing, a more balanced Avatar, etc. Some of these things we wish they stay with the next Fire Emblem. But nobody defends the direction the story went and we're all hoping the next FE story is not as "all-around the place" like Fates was.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, as a non fan of KH, "No. Who will I have ice cream with?" sounds very corny. Like early 90's JRPG writing corny. Especially for what is meant to be a dramatic death scene (at least from what I'm picking up).

Not to say it's a horrible line, but there was definitely room for a rewrite. Hell "Xion, let's have ice cream. The three of us." would've been a lot stronger. At least the very least the latter feels more emotionally driven, and establishes that connection between the two better.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got to watching them today. Very much enjoyed what I saw.

Are those episodes due to air soon, too? This set of episodes was great, but I definitely need more space and Homeworld episodes soon.

Garnet was hilarious in "Pool Hopping". Her development in the episode was interesting, though.
All 4 of them? Yes, they will air through April and lead into a special half hour episode (most likely about Lapis's return) in mid may.

Garnet's development was pretty good to have.

The improve scene in letters to lars was hilarious though.

Also I can't wait till we get the episode they teased where lar's will fight through a colony owned by Yellow Diamond. That should be hype. I also think it be sweet if Steven fused with Garnet then to fight them.

Seeing Garnet's interactions with the off colors was great too. I don't understand when letters to lars takes place though. Its implied to be after your mother and mine, but the end to your mother and mine has them fly off into space and we don't know what happened with Garnet and Steven then. But in the letters to lars, he's still looking for the asteroid belt. It was really confusing, but I guess steven left and will end up back with Garnet once they find the belt?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fates is a lot like Other M for me.

REALLY fantastic ideas for a story.

But then you make them kinda ****.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To this day I'm largely clueless on the Fire Emblem talk.

"Sigh"

One day, this will change....

...Huh.
The thought of that is conflicting for me, too.

Tbh, I'm actually kind of conflicted on having a new game this soon at all, despite still being excited for it.

I don't know, it just feels....a little early for a new game to release.

I'll be less conflicted if the online services for 4 are maintained for some years from now, though.

All 4 of them? Yes, they will air through April and lead into a special half hour episode (most likely about Lapis's return) in mid may.

Garnet's development was pretty good to have.

The improve scene in letters to lars was hilarious though.

Also I can't wait till we get the episode they teased where lar's will fight through a colony owned by Yellow Diamond. That should be hype. I also think it be sweet if Steven fused with Garnet then to fight them.

Seeing Garnet's interactions with the off colors was great too. I don't understand when letters to lars takes place though. Its implied to be after your mother and mine, but the end to your mother and mine has them fly off into space and we don't know what happened with Garnet and Steven then. But in the letters to lars, he's still looking for the asteroid belt. It was really confusing, but I guess steven left and will end up back with Garnet once they find the belt?
Excellent! I'm happy to welcome this batch of episodes but I'm gonna new something more soon. Why can't this show just be on a normal airing schedule again?

And whatever the episode is about, I'll probably enjoy it, lol. Lapis reappearing would be fantastic, though.

I just have to say t he the fact that Garnet owns a kitten now is adorable.

The timeline here is a bit confusing, yeah. Hopefully the next few episodes will make it more clear. Either way, more Yellow Diamond and her soldiers will be hype.

D

Deleted member

I was looking for an old post I made on Twitter but instead I found the peak of my For Glory career.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I done the down taunt to a For Glory Marth using Luigi and the next time, the Marth got salty.
I took like only three percent during that round. Good times. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Tbh, I'm actually kind of conflicted on having a new game this soon at all, despite still being excited for it.

I'll be less conflicted if the online services for 4 are maintained for some years from now, though.
Honestly at this point I can see the earlier release.
The Wii U at this point is basically dead. Even the 3DS had a longer lifespan. There's really nothing more they can do than start focusing on giving the Switch killer apps.
It's why they've been porting a bunch of the Wii U games, to give them the bigger, more popular console.

What will be interesting is the services though. Because the Wii U hasn't been on their minds for a while. I don't see it happening instantaneously, but I do see it going down at least in the next couple years.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say I like Fates for several reasons.

One of them being the characters.

Plot is dumb but I enjoy a lot of the characters.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Place your bets! Place your bets! Who's gonna be in the legendary banner?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You can't delete Fate/Stay Night, it's canon to the world's history.
No it isn't. I'dknow if King Arthur was female. And I'd have enyclipedic knewledge of it. Escpecially if that version of Arthur married Guinerve. I'm Yuritrash, before PrecureTrash remember.

Eh, I've always seen KH as hard to follow, mainly cause of all the midquels.

Though hard to follow doesn't mean convolted plot and story. An example of a hard follow story for me was Tsubasa Resivior Chronicles. The ending made me really have to pay attetion to all previously established lore and backstory.

Also, as a non fan of KH, "No. Who will I have ice cream with?" sounds very corny. Like early 90's JRPG writing corny. Especially for what is meant to be a dramatic death scene (at least from what I'm picking up).
Hey, what's wrong with 90's corn? Especially when it comes with EXTERME order of cheese?

D

Deleted member

Fates would have been so much better if you had actual choices like they promised. The first mistake was making the routes separate games. The second mistake was having a Golden Route. The third mistake was having no choices besides Boots or Shura.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Fates would've been so much better if there was just one game instead of THREE!!!!

Oh wait I didn't actually buy the game BECAUSE of this....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly at this point I can see the earlier release.
The Wii U at this point is basically dead. Even the 3DS had a longer lifespan. There's really nothing more they can do than start focusing on giving the Switch killer apps.
It's why they've been porting a bunch of the Wii U games, to give them the bigger, more popular console.

What will be interesting is the services though. Because the Wii U hasn't been on their minds for a while. I don't see it happening instantaneously, but I do see it going down at least in the next couple years.
Yeah, the strategy makes perfect sense. The more successful games of the Wii U in particular. It breathes new life into the already successful games on the latest console with more content. It gives them an opportunity to last much longer, too.

Considering that they flat-out stopped production of the Wii U last year, it probably will, unfortunately. I never disliked the Wii U but I understand that it had a wide share of issues. It's a shame to see it fall like this, slowly as it may be happening. If there's any obvious bright side to this, it's that it's successor has a bright future ahead of it.

D

Deleted member

No it isn't. I'dknow if King Arthur was female. And I'd have enyclipedic knewledge of it. Escpecially if that version of Arthur married Guinerve. I'm Yuritrash, before PrecureTrash remember.
The whole point is that no one knows she was a woman.
Also, Merlin gave her a ****.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fates could have been fantastic if they stuck to one path.
I could only see this done if you made Ryoma and Xander main Lords and you explore what they witness and whatnot while Corrin goes through both routes somewhat and eventually ends on the Revelation route.
If anybody has the time and patience, look up a playthrough of Shining Force III, made by Camelot, and watch for the story. It is a perfect example of doing "2 Kingdoms at War" right, as it shows the viewpoints of a two princes from each side and than it goes to the viewpoint of the true main character. Also, Fates went to lengths on making you hate Garon, but you can't help but look at him so pitifully trying to be "evil." If you want a character that is a great and well-done example of "Someone you will hate for a very good reason", go look up Shining Force III.

Otherwise, I think because they focused too much on the family stuff and the whole "Fighting family" thing, making it one route wouldn't work too well. That's the big thing. The fact that they made a big deal of choosing one side and fighting against one of your families.

Last edited:
Fates is a lot like Other M for me.

REALLY fantastic ideas for a story.

But then you make them kinda ****.
This is sort of my opinion on the whole game. A lot of good ideas. Horrible execution all around. Character designs are pretty great though.

If it was all one route I do think a lot of problems would have been fixed.

I wish I didn't have to do this butttttttttt
The whole point is that no one knows she was a woman.
Also, Merlin gave her a ****.
hot
:061:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To this day I'm largely clueless on the Fire Emblem talk.

"Sigh"

One day, this will change....

Excellent! I'm happy to welcome this batch of episodes but I'm gonna new something more soon. Why can't this show just be on a normal airing schedule again?

And whatever the episode is about, I'll probably enjoy it, lol. Lapis reappearing would be fantastic, though.

I just have to say t he the fact that Garnet owns a kitten now is adorable.

The timeline here is a bit confusing, yeah. Hopefully the next few episodes will make it more clear. Either way, more Yellow Diamond and her soldiers will be hype.
people think it will go back on hiatus after the half hour special. I really hope not though. They need to fix the schedule for it big time. And the kitten was adorable. I wonder if it will be important. Probably not but you never know.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I got some orbs in heroes and had a 4.0 pitty rate. I got this:
pretty happy. Wish I got one other hero with her for how many orbs I put in. However I also pulled elise earlier in the banner so I’m not too upset. Catria is pretty cool and I like her lines and skills. She’s got pretty optimal ivs so she will be fun in horse emblem.

D

Deleted member

So I got some orbs in heroes and had a 4.0 pitty rate. I got this:
pretty happy. Wish I got one other hero with her for how many orbs I put in. However I also pulled elise earlier in the banner so I’m not too upset. Catria is pretty cool and I like her lines and skills. She’s got pretty optimal ivs so she will be fun in horse emblem.
Congratulations!
When is the next legendary banner event?
How do you get Robin ( M ) Fallen Heroes as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom