• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love how I always get the units everyone wants that I wasn't particulary interested(though that changed with Axezura).
Okay, I am down to 30 Orbs now but that effectivelly means I spent 60 Orbs until I got Sigurd.
I also got a bunch of feathers and two 4* Tharjas which meant I didn't have to promote Caeda for Darting Blow 3 and I have another to fodder if I ever need the skill again.
I also got a 3* Robin and he's the most drama queen ever, like, dude, you just 3*, stop with that intro.
Also, another 4* Seliph, lol

Now the question: do I pass Close Def 1-3 to someone or do I give them Miracle and either Close Def 2 or Spd Smoke 2? And which units would make good use of those skills?
I don't plan on using Sigurd but his skillset is hot.

I'd go with Close Def 3 on one of your tankier units, or any units you feel are powerful in terms of Atk/Spd but take just a tad too much damage. You could also give them the Distant Def Sacred Seal to compliment it.

Speed Smoke isn't actually a very good skill, much like how Atk Smoke wasn't (most people take it off Brave Lyn, the Smoke skills are just far too situational and take up the slot where other skills like buffers could go. Threaten skills are also more immediately useful). Miracle works well on squishy but super powerful mages like Nino or Delthea (who comes with it by default) but it's not really a requirement and is only really useful in Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges. I use it on my Delthea but that's only because she has it by default.

Plus, Close Def is only available on Sigurd at the moment (Summer Xander had it but you can't get him any more). At least with Miracle, you could potentially pull a Delthea in the future and use her for Miracle fodder.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we get a third Miracle user soon and then they make a banner called "Heroes with Miracle" down the line.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'd go with Close Def 3 on one of your tankier units, or any units you feel are powerful in terms of Atk/Spd but take just a tad too much damage. You could also give them the Distant Def Sacred Seal to compliment it.

Plus, Close Def is only available on Sigurd at the moment (Summer Xander had it but you can't get him any more). At least with Miracle, you could potentially pull a Delthea in the future and use her for Miracle fodder.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we get a third Miracle user soon and then they make a banner called "Heroes with Miracle" down the line.
1: Lucius and Maria make better Miracle fodder. Also, with those 2, Mist, Delthea and Sigurd, that's already 5 Heroes with Miracle.
2: It was Summer Tiki who had Close Defense, not Summer Xander. Summer Xander had Fire Boost, which Luke also has. However, what Summer Xander had that no other hero has was Infantry Pulse.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
1: Lucius and Maria make better Miracle fodder. Also, with those 2, Mist, Delthea and Sigurd, that's already 5 Heroes with Miracle.
2: It was Summer Tiki who had Close Defense, not Summer Xander. Summer Xander had Fire Boost, which Luke also has. However, what Summer Xander had that no other hero has was Infantry Pulse.
Oops, memory is a bit hazy. Wouldn't mind only I actually have Lucius at 5-Star.

Though I suppose I should also mention - it might be worth waiting until the upcoming Tempest Trial before foddering off Sigurd. For all we know, one of the Sacred Seal rewards could be a Close Def Sacred Seal, so maybe it's worth waiting to see what happens there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can freely trade between Platinum and Heartgold

That makes things a lot easier

I figured some of these games would need the national dex or some crap that would prevent that

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Microsoft wanted to make a smash clone now, they have Cuphead to add to it

Cuphead
Master Chief

...Clippy

Minecraft Steve?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Conquest has me worn out (I legit think I need to buy Rescue staves for Chapter 26 or something), so I decided to go back to my Birthright file for fun.

I played around with the My Castle stuff and forgot how in-depth it was. I wish I had the time and motivation to invest into it. Hopefully they at least bring it back for FE Switch (though maybe isolate it from the main campaign).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get some Dragon Ball Z fans

"OMG a multiverse in Dragon Ball Super is absurd!"

Even though Dragon Ball Z had things like alternate timelines and the Otherworld Tournament

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
How was Warriors All Star if you've played it NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy ? The more gameplay videos I Youtubed on, the more my opinion of that game starts to improve. Would you recommend it? I don't expect it to stack up to Warriors Orochi 3 in comparison, but it kinda looks pretty fun.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I managed to get Tailtiu on my second try... just for her to be -Spd.

My luck with Blue units is absolutely terrible.

MvC:I alt costumes are coming including Donte, Warbird, Dark Khan, High Noon Rider, Ridley, Joe Fixit and Illuminati Strange.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...le-on-october-17-in-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Ridley, what are you doing? I know being a bad stage hazard sucks, but you didn't have to jump ship.

Yes, they brought back Firebrand's Ultimate Gargoyle form from Demon's Crest, I've been hoping that game would get more love!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Cuphead
Master Chief

...Clippy

Minecraft Steve?
Pretty much all of the Rare characters they own could be added for a solid roster.

Also, hey, they added the only Carol I actually like in Marvel. But I want to see what Spider-Man's other alt is, aside from an evil Spider-Man. let alone what Mega Man X and Zero could get.

D

Deleted member

Jesus ****ing christ **** Chain Challenges
The Sacred Stones Paralogue is basically impossible. I managed to reach Turn 4/5 on the first map without any major damage but then reinforcements spawn right next to me.
And then the second map has a 4-turn limit.

I'm gonna buff the hell out of BK and then let's see if things stay this way

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Sacred Stones Paralogue is basically impossible. I managed to reach Turn 4/5 on the first map without any major damage but then reinforcements spawn right next to me.

Ooh I just beat this last night after like 10 tries. Horse emblem and learning positioning really helped me win.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I didn't find that one too bad.

Black Knight is amazing for Chain Challenges in general, so yeah, it's a good idea to use him. He cleaned house in that defense map with other teammates supporting his flank.

I also recommend the Distant Def Sacred Seal on him, since you're likely going to use his built-in Distant Counter a lot.

I can't remember exactly what other teammates I used. I know I definitely brought Brave Lyn for the fliers and Tana. Your blue unit should be flexible enough. I also probably brought Elise for healing since I do that for most Chain Challenges unless it's an easier one.

You don't really need a green unit here since most of the blue units are fliers here, so that's Brave Lyn's job. And the ones that aren't fliers are not particularly beefy IIRC, so your blue unit handles them fine.

Also I S-Supported Black Knight with Elise and despite how awkward yet kinda adorable that is, they're a real power couple. My Elise has Fortify Def 3 and a Fortify Res Sacred Seal, so combine that with her S-Support buff and Distant Def and my Black Knight is a pretty immovable wall. He can even counter-KO some blue tome users this way. And should Black Knight ever get low on health, Elise is right there to use Rehabilitate on him.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Cuphead
Master Chief

...Clippy

Minecraft Steve?
Master Chief (Blue Team alts)
Arbiter
Ur-Didact
Tartarus/Atriox
Rookie (Alpha-Nine alts)

Marcus Fenix (Delta Squad alts)
General RAAM
Skorge

Fulgore
Jago
Orchid
Gargos
Sabrewulf
Rash (Zitz and Pimple alts)
Banjo-Kazooie
Gruntilda
Conker
Joanna Dark
Kameo

Steve (Alex alts)
Marius
Sunset Overdrive Protagonist
Jack Joyce (Paul Serene alt (nothing to do with him being Littlefinger I swear))
Voodoo Vince
Crackdown Agent
Phantom Dust Protagonist/Edgar
Ori
Fable Hero
Jade Empire protagonist
Kaim
Shu

Ryu Hayabusa
Frank West
Lara Croft
Commander Shepard

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't get some Dragon Ball Z fans

"OMG a multiverse in Dragon Ball Super is absurd!"

Even though Dragon Ball Z had things like alternate timelines and the Otherworld Tournament
People in dragon ball complain over everything.I think the one thing i really hate about dragon ball atm is how dragon ball super is basically fanservice(not so much at the moment but you catch my drift).Everything else is fine

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How was Warriors All Star if you've played it NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy ? The more gameplay videos I Youtubed on, the more my opinion of that game starts to improve. Would you recommend it? I don't expect it to stack up to Warriors Orochi 3 in comparison, but it kinda looks pretty fun.
It's alright. Gameplay is pretty solid but there are just so many characters that I don't care for at all. There's like 3 in the entire game that are characters I care about, and usually I can put up with characters that I'm not really familiar with id their gameplay is fun but I just hate playing as most of them because they're actually obnoxious. I feel weird saying all this because I don't care for the franchises represented, but the game just ain't for me. Even the Dead or Alive cast, a game I actually enjoy, is just bad. Very poor roster imo, a la Fire Emblem Warriors.

So yeah, gameplay is solid, everything else; especially the OCs for the game, not so much.

Last edited:
I wonder if that jetpack has anything to do with the pyro remake. I mean, it would be super weird if that was a major point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a new item to go along with it.

Hell, the update is already called the jungle INFERNO

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TF2 is still alive and it's getting a proper update

http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/

Pyro with a Jetpack wtf

Well, I've wanted to play TF2 for a while now. I don't think I've played for a year

2 years ago I played all the time but I figured no one played it anymore after overwatch came out. And I can't play Overwatch

---

Is TF2 better with a controller though than keyboard and Mouse, anyone know?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lately I've been looking at some of Rinkah's supports in Fates via YouTube, but the search results I get, sometimes from supports featuring other characters, always have the funniest thumbnails.

Without context, a lot of these look like something from an "incorrect FE quotes" blog.

IMG_20171017_013559.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Depends on how you were introduced to TF2.

Like I can't get play nearly as well with controller than on m/k.
I use a roller ball mouse and people online say those suck for gaming, and I've already been wanting a controller so I could play other games so I was curious

I have noticed in dire times my roller ball mouse kinda sucks. I'm not getting a new mouse though because it's not primary used for gaming

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I use a roller ball mouse and people online say those suck for gaming, and I've already been wanting a controller so I could play other games so I was curious

I have noticed in dire times my roller ball mouse kinda sucks. I'm not getting a new mouse though because it's not primary used for gaming
Yeah you need a better mouse.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
  • TF2 Update
  • 4 Day Update
  • 5 New Maps
  • Multiple New Taunts
  • Pyro Jetpack
  • Brand New Short
  • Official Saxton Hale Model

My hype is...

HIGHER THAN MAXIMUM!!!!!!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I doubt it will happen, I really hope that they make the Vs. Saxton Hale mod for Team Fortress 2 official somehow.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
While I doubt it will happen, I really hope that they make the Vs. Saxton Hale mod for Team Fortress 2 official somehow.
Its entirely possible.

Seems odd to make a Saxton Hale and Yeti model and not use it in anyways.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out the Glover 2 ROM was dumped online at some point

It's unreleased and only 80% complete, but I gotta find it. I actually really liked Glover and wished it had a sequel

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Most website works besides Google and Youtube on my laptop... for now... weird and so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom