• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here's footage of that 2D Breath of Wild prototype

So.....Zelda Maker when? That actually looks pretty cool.

That being said though, a Zelda Maker wouldn't be the only other series I would like a Maker game for. *looks at Metroid and Fire Emblem* I would say Donkey Kong Country as well, but I'm sure that would be harder to do compared to Mario and Zelda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeaaaaaaa.....no. Alucard and Soma have that one skill (Hippogriff for Soma and he can use that one infinitely) which gives them a super jump and you have Juste Belmont who literally has infinite double jumps.
Juste actually also has a super jump too via griffon wing. Juste definitely has the best mobility of any of the Belmonts, probably the best mobility in the series if it weren't for Soma.

Richter in SotN can also super jump(his shoryuken-like move). I'm also sure that it's in Portrait of Ruin, but I don't think it's in Order of Ecclesia.

You know, I was really disappointed when I played Symphony of the Night and found out through it there was another playable character in the "Rondo of Blood" version of "Castlevania X"
Rondo of Blood is the original and superior version of Castlevania Dracula X. They only changed the game for the snes version due to two reasons, one being that the developer didn't want Rondo of Blood on console, and the other being that the snes couldn't handle many things of Rondo of Blood, so it would just been a completely botched version rather than being an almost completely different game like Dracula X was.

And that character you're referring to is Maria, who's also in Dracula X and SotN.

D

Deleted member

So.....Zelda Maker when? That actually looks pretty cool.

That being said though, a Zelda Maker wouldn't be the only other series I would like a Maker game for. *looks at Metroid and Fire Emblem*
I crave a Fire Emblem maker more than anything else, but a Metroid maker sounds like it could be fun too especially if they go all out.

Was bored and decided to see just how many Nindies I was interested in.
Some cool games here.

Also WTF at Rogue Trooper getting a remake. I loved that game as a kid on PS2 but im pretty sure it was a mediocre at BEST 3rd person shooter.
:061:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I crave a Fire Emblem maker more than anything else, but a Metroid maker sounds like it could be fun too especially if they go all out.
Metroid or Castlevania I would like simply to see what people could make for people to explore. I really enjoy Metrovania-like games and exploring the areas and immersing in the atmosphere of the games is easily one of my favorite parts of said games. It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed Xenoblade and Xenoblade X a lot, was because how much there was to explore, what I could find or do, and just immersing myself in the games' worlds.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Last edited:
Last edited:

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Even as someone who didn't grow up with the original series, this new pokemon movie looks freaking amazing.
Now let's just hope the scenes in this promo actually make into the final movie.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348926

So if FFXV had sold less than 5mil the franchise would've been considered to be in danger.

Jesus.
It's been interesting to watch the whole reception of FFXV as a sort of an outsider. The game's apparent success is a nice sign for Square and maybe big Japanese games as a whole. Though those benchmarks really remind how much of a risk AAA development really is. You gotta both spend big and make even bigger somehow.

I'm glad Nier Automata is off to a good start in Japan. Here's to hoping that game's sales are up to par in the US. The better these things sell, the more we'll see of them. Maybe we'll get that remaster of the original too if Square is to be believed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It could have been the duke nukem forever of Final Fantasy

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
5 million is a failure?

I don't understand...
Games of that scale in particular are very expensive to make. Add on to the fact that not every single dollar of the $60 price tag goes the developer, 5 million copies sold may not cut anymore for a real big AAA in this modern time.

http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/145613211198/what-are-game-budgets-spent-on-specifically-is

http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/138674831501/hello-i-have-a-question-regarding-the-maths-of

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>Go to play Punch Out Wii again
>going to start from hthe beginning because why not
>Beat up Glass Joe
>"The disc cannot be read"

MARCH SUCKS IT ALREADY KILLED ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES
:062:
You can use rubbing alcohol to fix it. Just don't wipe it with circular sweeps. As you go around the disc, wipe up and down.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Overwatch updated again.

On the consoles, they added the changes to Numbani that were added to PTR. Its also now called assault not attack.

All Brawls is gone and now its being replaced by Capture the Flag currently, yet there's a huge open space in the arcade, hm...

Capture the Flag also showcases the new maps added, and they look pretty nice.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've been thinking of a horror drama tv show recently.

It's called "Arachnophobia". After some undecided incident the main girl(who is a newly hired cop) starts going crazy and seeing spiders and tarantulas everywhere and then really bizarre murders start happening.

The murders are from people that also experienced the same or similar incident that made them be able to more into horrific creatures that are half human/half animal, bug or mythical creatures.

The main chick first gets a mutated form where she is all scarred up with yellow eyes and then eventually through season 2 becomes a spider demon.
The show gets pretty ****ed up lol. It'd probably be on like Showcase or HBO.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not a big indie-gamer. I could probably count the amount I've played with just my fingers. Possibly missed out on a lot that I would have actually liked. It just doesn't have a strong appeal to me, I'm picky. That's why I buy Nintendo consoles in the first place--I don't "just" enjoy gaming. It's hard to quantify, but everyone might to some degree get what I mean. Indie games a lot of the time just come across as something to "just" play.

Despite that I did click on the indie trailers in my subscription feed and came across this one:

...I can't make any promises, but I might try to kindle an interest for indie games. Having a portable home console might give me the push to accept the idea. Point is, this looks really interesting. Large, seemingly varied campaign. Local and online multiplayer. Custom map design. Fire Emblem-esque gameplay. Apparently it's more like a medieval Advanced Wars, but that was not a series I ever picked up. This kind of setting is more to my liking though.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To no one's surprise, everyone wanted the female mage in the end. Thus making Celica the victor over her green haired sword wielding brother. Now things are getting interesting as me move closer to the end of the SNES Fire Emblems.

Your new choices are from Thracia 776 and Gaiden respectively. Est/Palla/Catria (I see one of them as the main playable character with the others as alts), Juda (The main villain that has a demon for a Final Smash), Leif (Thracia's main lord), and Nanna (The canon wife of Leif). This will go on all night until it's time to rate the GBA lords tomorrow.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now I'll continue laughing at the most ridiculous trolling I've ever seen. Street Fighter and God of War is definitely not liberal LGBT propaganda at all. It's like these trolls aren't trying anymore.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm looking forward to this game at the very least.

Pocket Rumble seems pretty cool. Not sure how I feel about it being two buttons, but it could still be fun to mess around with.

That, and Inti-Creates game should be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Pocket Rumble seems pretty cool. Not sure how I feel about it being two buttons, but it could still be fun to mess around with.

Seems to be inspired by the old portable KOF titles which had a surprising amount of effort put into them for being 2D fighters on a Pocket Color.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems to be inspired by the old portable KOF titles which had a surprising amount of effort put into them for being 2D fighters on a Pocket Color.
Yep. And they clearly had a character like Terry, and another who seems like Orochi Iori. Of course they had a Shoto too, but that goes without saying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I just saw that.

I wonder if they truly have passion for the style or just doing it because it's "easier"

I wonder that because I found some other companies truly have passion for the style they are using. Such as the creator of "Retro City Rampage" making the game available in a DOS version

D

Deleted member

God of War
God of War? More like: "god what the hell is this?"
The only problem with a FE Maker is how units would work
Maybe you could have your own but then a lot of maps would be either too hard or too easy
Maybe you'd have pre-existing units but would they be determined by the map or could you use any of them?
And then there are items and skills and a bunch of other stuff but holy **** do I want it to be a thing because I need to make my "pegasus knights triple attacking you from the mountains with rescue clerics putting them back there feat. snow movement costs" map a reality because **** you that's why

D

Deleted member

I don't call advance wars advanced wars because the gameboy advance isn't called the gameboy advanced. :p

God of War? More like: "god what the hell is this?"

The only problem with a FE Maker is how units would work
Maybe you could have your own but then a lot of maps would be either too hard or too easy
Maybe you'd have pre-existing units but would they be determined by the map or could you use any of them?
And then there are items and skills and a bunch of other stuff but holy **** do I want it to be a thing because I need to make my "pegasus knights triple attacking you from the mountains with rescue clerics putting them back there feat. snow movement costs" map a reality because **** you that's why
I think levels should have a set level ranges. And the maps could be set to either have prearranged units or your own units.(Both units from the series and customizable units.)

But hey, as long as you can just put a bunch of skeleton soldiers and zombie dragons.... You know what, screw logic, have units like that usable as your units. The day a skeleton joins your side in an FE game will be a great day indeed.

Also, if they do an FE creator, then please let it be sprites.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Nintendo Dream interviewed the FE Heroes developers, inclusing about the Choose your Legends poll.

Some things of interest:
-The devs were not expecting Lyn to be as popular as she was
-Lucina was apparently more popular in Japan, while Ike was more popular in the West.
-They're baffled by Donnel's popularity.
Lol they say Anna has been in every game

RIP FE2

Also they specifically mention how games like binding blade have not been localized.

More FE remakes when?
:061:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I love how much I can agree with the FEH devs
Etika is the only one to blame for this.

There's no other way he would be that popular for an Awakening character.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ayy, both of the Breath of the Wild reviews are perfect scores! 40/40 and 10/10.

I'm having a weird Phantom Pain feeling from this game. Like I 100% guarantee people will call it **** after it comes out just to be all hipster. Calling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom