• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's my obscure animal of the day...

FYI these are both the same species...

edit: image uploader not working of course...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

C17 may be a pain in the ass but when you finally get to Kotaro...
(Pic is from a previous playthrough)
WVW69jO8hHUWwyS3Wh.jpg

Top 10 Battle in Anime
And the best thing? Finishing it with a crit at these odds

Because Shura gives zero ****s about your "odds"
Are you ready for another animal?

What is this thing?
Nature's mistake

D

Deleted member

It was an herbivore though
I know, but people aren't afraid of bugs because they kill(Well, most of the time, since some can kill of course), people are afraid of bugs due to their appearance. My point is more so that it would've looked really freaky.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know, but people aren't afraid of bugs because they harm people, people are afraid of bugs due to their appearance. My point is more so that it would've looked really freaky.
I'm only afraid of bugs that can creep and crawl on you and inject venom without you being able to notice

I think you'd notice an arthropleura on you

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So yeah, that thing is called a Bobbit worm.

I'll describe it a bit.

Imagine a 4 feet long worm about as thin as a straw. Except its sides have very sharp spines. They have no brains. They have no eyes. They just bury themselves in the sand and wait for fish and other creatures (even crabs and octopi) to swim by. They attack when a shadow lingers for too long or they are touched. They lash out with large jaws and drag the fish under the sand. Apparently their sting can PERMANENTLY NUMB A HUMAN AND ITS JAWS ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO RIP A FISH IN HALF.

That might be the only animal on earth I feel like I can get nightmares from.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So yeah, that thing is called a Bobbit worm.

I'll describe it a bit.

Imagine a 4 feet long worm about as thin as a straw. Except its sides have very sharp spines. They have no brains. They have no eyes. They just bury themselves in the sand and wait for fish and other creatures (even crabs and octopi) to swim by. They attack when a shadow lingers for too long or they are touched. They lash out with large jaws and drag the fish under the sand. Apparently their sting can PERMANENTLY NUMB A HUMAN AND ITS JAWS ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO RIP A FISH IN HALF.

That might be the only animal on earth I feel like I can get nightmares from.
Holy **** THAT's an uncovered bobbit worm? I've only seen video of it buried and killing fish. I noped right out of there. Seeing it uncovered only makes it worse...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
UKSKEKKK1KEQ304QO06QD0BQD00K6K5QNKEQB0UQ1KLKPKLKUKKKC0SKEKHKUKSK10KKOK5KNKGQO0LKVK9QZSAQOK.jpg

I got one. It's got massive crushing arms that hug it's prey drawing them closer to it's mouth with the insides of it's arms lined with barbed spikes. It can also shoot acid from it's butt. It's two first arms are specialized sensors rather than for walking

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After creepy crawlies, how about something much nicer looking?

What's this?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay I have one for you guys. No cheating.

First one to get it gets pranked virtual high fives.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

That's a bear cat

Edit: I don't know if that's it's colloquial name or it's official name

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Uh.... I was going to say that it looks like a type of bear (the sun bear), but bears don't have whiskers and they are larger compared to the animal in this picture, so I am unsure.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong then. Oh well. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No one has gotten my animal yet.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

While looking it up, I remembered about this beautiful creature

Edit: Found it using google

a "Bongo"

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I remember reading about some type of gazelle that's critically endangered and used to be bred for meat. Is it that thing?
It's endangered, but I dunno if it's because of meat.

But I don't think so.

Not a gazelle by the way.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I beat BotW. Quite the game.

Didn't bother finding all the shrines, and especially not the Korok seeds. I'm not insane. And even with the shrines, there comes a point where running around looking for them begins to not be too fun, at least for me. I had ninety-something, that was plenty. With all my healy items and my upgraded armour, I was tanky enough without need for max hearts. I did get all the memories though. Partly because I wanted the true ending (which was nice - but nothing special imo) and partly because... I just liked the cutscenes. It was refreshing to have VA in a Zelda game. Though some of the actors were kinda ehh.

In any case, kind of funny that even closing in towards the end of the game, the bosses I still had most trouble with were, not the little Ganon blight things (the Fireblight one stumped me for a bit but wasn't overly tough), not even Ganon himself (though it def helps to have all four divine beasts) - which was surprisingly easy after an Urbosa's Fury or two - but the Silver Lynels, lol. Especially the ones with the clubs. So that was kind of weird, haha.

I enjoyed the first phase of all the Divine beasts, when you needed to wear them down so they could be infiltrated. Those were generally pretty epic feeling and creative. My fav were probably the bird and the elephant. Once inside though they became a little irksome. I kinda prefer normal dungeons what with their different themes and all, but I do appreciate how both they and the normal shrines challenge your inventory without making you rely on some specific item for completing them like past dungeons.

And as for the world itself... no complaints. Only praise. It was wide, it was varied, it was interesting. Really an accomplishment in world-building. Personally I like towns, so maybe it would've been nice to have a few more of them (even with Tarrey Town - which was a fun sidequest... other than getting all that wood), or one bigger one or something, but that's more a personal thing. Also, I loved the character designs and general artstyle. It was gorgeous throughout. The only character I didn't like the design of was Revali. Which was unfortunate because I did like the designs of other Rito like Kass and Saki and that one you ride when you fight the divine beast. And I guess it would've been nice if Ganon has a more humanoid form at some point. My favourite designs were probably Mipha and Zelda in her white dress.

I heard a lot of complaints about the weapons breaking... but once you learn not to get attached to any one item (and if you really care about it, don't use it - or store it at the house like I did with the Champion weapons), it's not a huge deal. I only ran out of useful weapons once during the game.

Also I hated how often it rained. Made climbing things a real pain sometimes. And I get what they were trying to do with the horse controls but I still didn't like them. Made me rarely travel via horseback. I preferred bearback. ;) Which is why Ganon's last phase made me groan, but once I realized it was super easy... it wasn't a huge issue. But those were my only gripes with the game, and they weren't huge. It was just realism detracting from fun I suppose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom