• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Just 2 and a half hours away til my midnight launch :O

For those that already have a Switch, I have just one question: can you safely/easily keep the Dock laid down in your entertainment center?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I've been playing Orisa for quite a bit on the PTR. She's very fun to play compared to Ana and Sombra. One of the biggest benefits about her isn't just being able to put her barrier down anywhere, but being able to have a barrier up while still shooting at long distances. Not only that, but her barrier stays around for 20 seconds and her barrier starts cooling down the moment she puts it down compared to Winston, who has to wait for it to be gone before it starts recharging(Poor Winston). That means you can have a second barrier ready to put down before the barrier disappears. Combined with her Fortify, Orisa is bound to stay around on the field.
She is frickin' amazing on Control Maps, like Ilios or Nepal. Not only does the shield allow you to help keep one side safe from enemy fire while you yourself help defend another side, but because of the small space around most of the points, her Halt Alt-Fire is very effective at re-positioning enemies. Also helps that most of the control maps have pits, making it very risky to fight an Orisa near one when she can just use her Halt Alt-Fire to make you fall in them, if you aren't a character like Genji or Pharah.
Besides those, but because of most of the Control points are open, it makes her Ultimate really effective, as the team can stay around the point while getting their attack boosted. And with some of the control points, you can even place her Ultimate in a corner to make it harder for it to be destroyed while still providing benefits to your team on the point. You can even put a shield down around the Ult, keeping it safe from snipers and other long-range characters.
While I can't see her replacing Reinhardt for all game modes like the developers want, she could easily compete with him in terms of Control Maps. Being able to keep attacking at long range while having a shield up is also her biggest benefit. And besides that, she is pretty fun to play. I have a huge feeling I'll be playing this character a lot when she comes out to the Live version of Overwatch.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've been watching Zelda spoilers.

Any doubt I had involving this game's plot, world building, characterization and references to other Zelda games are gone.

THIS **** IS REAL GOOD FAM.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Crikey, Censorship Gaming is now boardline unwatchable thanks to the sudden influx of trolls there (especially "that" bloke).

Off to play some Sonic Boom.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
T.T

This game is really sad.

Probably the saddest Zelda game out there.

Yeah, probably more sad then Majora's Mask.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Holy **** this Scorpion boss in Axiom Verge is quite literally going to be the death of me...:mad:

----

Either way, I'm back home form work now so...I can now be properly HYPED for the Switch tomorrow!! holy ****...wait a second

IT'S FRIKKING TOMORROW!!!! (for me that is, I know some of you already got your hands on it and others will still have to wait)

It quite literally has come down to this, hasn't it?...after so many months of speculation and rumours, talk of toasters and fake elliptical controllers as well as the accurate Eurogamer leak...NX this and NX that...Then talk of what games will be available for the system...the obvious highly anticipated Breath of the Wild all set for launch, the return to the gamecube and n64 eras for 3D Marios, the sequel we never thought we'd get Xenoblade, the unexpectedly popular yet very fun looking and charming Snipperclips, the HOLY **** KONAMI ACTUALLY CARES!?! Bomberman, SKYRIM IS ON A NINTENDO CONSOLE !? and the new system staple IP in Arms...as well as whatever else still awaits us in the future:4samus:

I've been saving up for the 'NX' for quite a while now, figured there's no harm in putting some money aside despite at the time we didn't know much about it, and if it turned out to be something that I was completely not interested in then I could just spend the money on something else...like bills or pants or something...
I could wait for it to be cheaper later on down the line but, but as far as I'm concerned I just spend a bit more and get it sooner, buying a console is an investment afterall...It's a little strange since this is going to be the first time EVER I get a console as it launches, but honestly I'm getting raw from all the itching and scratching and shaking I've been doing the past year or two, Breath of the Wild is a game that I've been waiting for, for several years and it's literally just hours away after all of the delays, and the slew of drought during the dying years of the wii U hasn't done any favours either...sure, I could get BotW for the Wii U, but the reason why I'm getting it for the Switch is because I know later on down the line, replaying the game again I'll regret not getting it for the 'current' gen console that I can take anywhere as opposed to the last gen console that will never be supported again...Twilight Princess, back in the day, was compatible on the Wii regardless which version you had so it made no difference apart from the system controls which I didn't really care that much about at the time, so I had no problem just grabbing teh Gamecube version since I didn't have a wii at the time, this time there is a significant difference that does benefit me for choosing the better version...
I'm just so ready, just need to pick it up when EB Games opens...I'm ready to play what could possibly be my new favourite Zelda game, or new favourite game in general, we'll see...expectations are so high but yet I'm not worried about it failing since I was sold so long ago on what Breath of the Wild brings to the table...and what the Switch could bring...

For the past few days it's really been sinking in, the Switch is pretty much the system I've always wanted...I very much enjoy and prefer a home console experience but I don't get to enjoy a console experience as often as I do a portable one (considering I'm out of the house very often and put more mileage on my 3DS than anything else)
I've also had flashbacks of sorts...My buddy and I back in the day, we'd play all sorts of games, taking turns dying in GTA, pulling off sick tricks in Tony Hawk's, sticky grenading in halo 2 or headshoting in Call of Duty, as well as of course Smashing it up in Melee...I remember one time we were playing Smash and my mom had bought a little radio tv...tiny 5" black and white screen, and we had this epiphany "Yo, imagine plugging this and the Gamecube into the car with those power adapters! Imagine playing Smash on roadtrip! That would be so cool!" And we did...wasn't the most luxurious or convenient gaming experience, was tough battling on FD when the characters are about the size of small flies buzzing about on a black and white screen and of course wires everywhere, but it was still a pretty cool and unique experience, especially at the time when portable gaming was still stuck in 16 bit...
Lo and behold what's one of the main scenes in the Switch's reveal? Two dudes playing Mario Kart in the back of a car...

I think the most exciting thing about tomorrow is not just an awesome system with an awesome game being released but the potential that both of them bring...The Switch is not a home console, it is not a handheld, it quite literally is both...It doesn't need to be categorized as either or because it can be whatever you need it to be...Console gaming can start to take a turn beyond being stuck on the couch or having lower quality handheld gaming...
Alternatively, Breath of the Wild also seems to be a game changer in and of itself based on the NEAR PERFECT reviews it's getting, it seems possible that it may set a brand new standard in gaming that it's predecessor OoT has done many years before it...

What we could experience is quite possibly the beginning of a new era in gaming entirely!
The potential is definitely there so long as Nintendo manages to capitalize on that potential...and not **** it up like they did with the Wii U...all signs show promise though...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I, Coricus, officially declare that-oh gosh, is that half of an earwig corpse? oh gosh, get it off!- that my PS3 has officially been shelved.

It's input name has been replaced (Huh, I never did name my Wii U input, did I? Ah well.), it's contributions to countless hours of fun gaming fondly remembered, and the last major bastions of it's usage on the verge of being completely assimilated by the Switch within nine months or less.

My only concern now is that the toaster's cords are long enough to reach the power bar from it's position.

My only desire now in terms of games is that at some point in the Switch's lifetime someone can be bothered to create an Uprising sequel. I predict that the rest of my video game library's utility will be completely assimilated in approximately two years.

Leave luck to heaven. :link64:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's only now borderline unwatchable?
Of course, I like their videos for being informative.

The community is far from.... great, but they are no worse than the influx of trolls that arrived recently (one of them being a very annoying one called "Weaboo Destroyer").

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait what?

Oh man....

What could this track mean?!?!

DOES LINK MARRY ZELDA?!?!?!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I only have half-a-day left, since I can't get my Switch until Lunchtime. It hits and tempts me hard whenever I see a BotW Spoiler post. I don't want this spoiled for me. :cry:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I only have half-a-day left, since I can't get my Switch until Lunchtime. It hits and tempts me hard whenever I see a BotW Spoiler post. I don't want this spoiled for me. :cry:
Did you know this game has grass in it?

I'm just a spoiling asshole aren't I?

I'll stop now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
T.T

This game is really sad.

Probably the saddest Zelda game out there.

Yeah, probably more sad then Majora's Mask.
Oh gosh this game is gonna mess me up isn't it? I was hoping it wouldn't go this way.

I better be able to survive this. If this game wrecks me harder than Explorers of Sky I swear-

Wait what?

Oh man....

What could this track mean?!?!

DOES LINK MARRY ZELDA?!?!?!
LOL you know full well I'm gonna try to find out what that means.

Triple wrapping, open with caution.

I have very little clue what's going on and it's making me IMMENSELY curious. What little I do know of the context almost makes me wonder if the location leading up to it is some kind of mini Colony 6. The music adding to itself over time, different races coming in. . .the only other thing I know is that somewhere in the game you can buy a house. I would think it's likely wherever this is.

*EDIT* Thinking on it, Xenoblade has a town with some folks you can send to Colony 6 named Frontier Village, so that's INCREDIBLY fitting.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, I'll be getting my copy of Breath of the Wild and my Nintendo Switch in a few hours, though I won't have the time to play it until tomorrow evening.

Either way, I'm still feeling hyped!

Also, for all those that have been following the story spoilers...

Anyone have a favorite champion right now?

Mine is between Daruk and Revali, though I'm leaning towards Revali right now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

It's amusing to see the big, expansive journey that is BoTW crammed into something smaller than the cart for ALBW
Oh, speaking of ALBW.

I think it was hinted that the team from that is working on a Switch Zelda as we speak.

Apparently they're gonna do their own little revamp on the 2D side of the series, no clue what though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It's hard to believe only a couple months ago, we had no idea what the Switch was.

I plan to get the Switch sometime this year (likely when Splatoon 2 comes out). I'm not a Zelda guy so there's not much incentive for me to get the Switch at launch.

Still, I'm very looking forward to the day when I finally get the Switch. I have a feeling this will be a great year not only for Nintendo, but gaming as a whole.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
NEW LEAK: Doomfist won't be the next Overwatch character. The next character will be Jeff Kaplan. You know what they say: "Mess with Jeff, prepare for death"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
D

Deleted member

NEW LEAK: Doomfist won't be the next Overwatch character. The next character will be Jeff Kaplan. You know what they say: "Mess with Jeff, prepare for death"
Is this his ultimate?

Heads=Everyone dies
Tails=No Doomfist

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This game is absolutely phenomenal. The starting area of the Great Plateau is an excellent way to ease any and all players into this world, and it's the most beautiful game yet on the Switch. So far, I've done the first part of the story, having obtained the spells front the first four shrines, and learning the origins of why Link's been sealed away and the Calamity Ganon's attack on Hyrule. With the paraglider, I'm more than ready to continue exploring the rest of this vast world. I could play for hours on end of this game, and to think that I can take it anywhere I want thanks to the Switch's portability... it's incredible.
i

On the Switch system itself, I quite like it so far; only hassles so far were not initially being able to connect to the Internet automatically (resolved by setting it manually with the modem's IP address, something I remember when my PC had that same problem too, but that was an easy fix. Tomorrow I'll set up the Nintendo Account link, since it seemed traffic was busy, according to the Nintendo rep I spoke to three hours ago. The Joy-Cons were much smaller than I anticipated them to be, so it wasn't initially comfortable until I put them in the grip, and they've worked well so far. There is a slight problem in having to swap out weapons on the fly in combat due to button locations, but hopefully I'll get a bit better at it.

So far, so amazing. I have very few qualms about buying this game with the Switch, aside from the occasional frame drop, but otherwise, this game is beautifully well-made that it's not something that ruins the game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Man the Switch's launch library is... Jesus, that's bad. Like, you cannot justify a release buy for a console just for one game. Not to say BotW is bad, but its still not worth the console. I'm glad I decided to wait.

I am curious though. Is BotW really a open world RPG like TES games?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If you were expecting touch controls in the Wii U version of BotW, well...
No surprise since Aonuma spoke ill of the Gamepad due to it pulling the player's attention away from the game...

I can understand this because in the HD remakes so many times I'm trying to do things on the fly and I end up jumping off a ledge I didn't want to or run into an enemy or something...

Still could be nice to have the map and inventory readily available when things aren't hectic though...it was a really nice feature in the HD zelda's as well as in XCX...easily my favourite use of the Gamepad (outside of off TV play)...

I think this is just further proof of how nintendo gave up on the Wii U as they just outright removed the Gamepad's features in favour of porting it to the Switch...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Breath of the Wild is one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time
It's a title everyone who's been even remotely excited about gushes about
It's 70 euros, more expensive than every other Wii U game
The Switch version patches out the only real issue that the Wii U version lacks
The left joycon thing got patched out
Loads of good games coming out for Switch that I want
I can't get them due to money problems
I also have other priorities
People will likely spoil the game left and right all over the internet while I have to wait
Only spoiler I want to know is if there's a cook book in the game so that you don't have to remember every combination you've tried out

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sun & Moon animation is awful they said.
Soft and too simple they said.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sun & Moon animation is awful they said.
Soft and too simple they said.

Holy **** Meowth, what happened to your eyes?!?
But yeah, the animation is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom