• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Apparently so.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/06/23/us/california-travel-ban/index.html

So just like the country ban, what happens if you have a family in Cali?
Of course they would do that...it's California...

Anyway, I need to get working on making more of my D&D campaign so that my cousins and I will have enough to play the next time we meet up. This stuff is hard...since you need to try to account for the most likely situations that you think they'll take and then be able to go with any other situation that they take...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that's this season's OP and it won't change. I actually like Peace Sign a lot compare to the first OP.
I doubt that, Peace Sign completely references the Tournament Arc, with no allusions to anything past or even Stain.
I think they'll chamge ot next week seeing as that's when the new cour starts.
Anyway, I need to get working on making more of my D&D campaign so that my cousins and I will have enough to play the next time we meet up. This stuff is hard...since you need to try to account for the most likely situations that you think they'll take and then be able to go with any other situation that they take
Schrodinger's D&D: no matter where your players decide to go, the dungeons and events will be the same, they just can't know it

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm pretty sure some have already encountered a couple of these, but there are a few moments in the game where you can trigger alternate dialogue (obvious spoilers of course) if you fail to meet certain conditions. Collector Togami has been posting them up on his channel and it's been pretty interesting to see how certain characters react differently to certain situations.

My favorite would have to be this one though:

Mathilda's death quote is already bad enough, but seeing how Clive reacts to the situation makes her death a lot more painful. My only issue is that it doesn't transition well back into the non-death dialogue involving Alm.

Oh boy, BlazingKnight confirmed to not know ****(I know this video is kinda old but I just saw it now)
Like, I get that opinions are a thing but most of his criticisms either come from a lack of understanding the game or outright stupid
>Annoying RNG
90% is 90%, chances are only, that: chances. Gods, I'm getting so tired of hearing complaints about this. No hit is guaranteed, every single one of them is going to be a gamble unless it's actually 100%. I get that it can be annoying to lose an unit because of low rolls but I'm tired of people blaming the game for something that's a basic concept.

>Faye is the worst playable character of the 3DS era
Pickle guy is. I'm sorry but there's no way around this. At least Faye has one good support and is actually a good unit

>Bad map design
I get that this is a common complaint but overall? No. There are some bad maps(that they insist on getting reused for ****'s sake 1-6 was bad from the start) but most are actually pretty good. And a lot of players don't reaise it but Echoes' map design focuses on two things: enemy unit placement and freedom.
The enemy unit placement is done in ways that make you actually care about where you place your own units. Because the focus of Enemy Phase is surviving it, not killing a bunch of stuff by throwing one unit into the enemy lines, since many mechanics and enemy stats favor Player Phase combat.
Then there's the freedom the maps give you, there are various ways to complete the maps in Echoes, alongside the unlimited use of spells like Warp and Rescue which allows for much more movement than normal.
One thing I realised in Conquest is that I always used the same strategy no matter how many times I played it because any other way would be severely punished. In Echoes, you can do about anything and you're not punished for trying different strats, and you can see it since Act 1 with things like 1-5 where you can take the Cavaliers first or the most known example in 1-7 where the whole map is a playground.
It may be just me, but I believe freedom in gameplay should be favored a pretty layout for a map.

And no, Nuibaba's Abode and BOAT maps aren't bad, like, what?
And lol @ Last Bastion complaint. Yeah, because the game gives you two Warp users for nothing. I can understand not having Tatiana's but if you somehow don't have Warp on Silque that's on you.

>Lack of varied victory conditions
Did we forget the fact Gaiden was a NES game? Because I don't think defend or escape chapters could even be implemented at the time. And, you know, Echoes didn't change maps outside of enemy placement in Hard Mode, thankfully(compare Rudolf's Normal and Hard maps and you'll know what I mean).
Besides, it's not like they could put those even if they wanted because of how the world map and battles work.
And then he says Awakening did this better when it has the issue of goddamn too many reinforcements in Rout chapters and actually having the ability to implement varied conditions

>Boring gameplay and lack of replay value
Like, alright, I get it, opinions, but NO, HE PRESENTS THEM AS OBJECTIVE FACTS LIKE THE REST OF THE VIDEO JFC

>Bad story, lack of scope and bad pacing
The first one he focuses entirely on forced moments(which really are only two instances from Celica, duration may vary), ignoring how Echoes breaks with most FE cliches.
The second is outright wrong because YOU'RE FIGHTING A GODDAMN WAR THAT TAKES THE WHOLE CONTINENT AND YOU KILL GOD AT THE END. This is the standard size of scope for FE and it's actually one of the most war-focused.
And the pacing issue he mentions is... non-existant??? Like, someone help me here if there are actual points to this(because he doesn't mention any) but the pacing is done really well and gives each arc enough time.

>Bad support convos
Yes, they are simple but they are in no way bad. I have some issues with how some characters were handled(such as Saber and Genny having the worst possible support options, like, yeah, let's give them only one support with characters that shouldn't be near them or have a 50/50 chance of not being recruited)
But, like, "small talk" and "pointless"? And he uses Tobin and Kliff' supports as an example despite it actually developing both of them. There are some that are bad tbh but most really serve to develop the characters and there's not a single one that's just used for comedic effect. And what's the problem with base convos being used for development? This actually puzzles me.
And the counter argument to "there are less supports because of voice acting" is simply dumb: it's not because ot'll overwork the VAs, it's because Is can't pay them. This is the first fully voice acted FE game, IS is making a pretty big jump here when they used set reaction lines in the last two games plus some cutscene voice acting.

>"These character's backstories and personalities have already been estabilished"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This is just proof he didn't do any research on Gaiden

While I have my own issues with BlazingKnight's video, I don't agree with some of your counterpoints here.

>Maps
-I can't fully agree with your points on freedom, at least in terms of the overall experience as there are some design decisions that do limit how effectively you can use certain units. For example, with Celica's Act 3 and 4 maps, there's a lot of terrain that gives your units movement penalties, which means that units like mages will be slowed down while units that can fly or have high movement can get much farther. This means that the player will probably in more cases favor the latter set of units over the former group, and that means the former group can fall behind in terms of level and performance. Additionally, unlike Alm, they don't have a Warp Cleric like Silque, so you can't mitigate that issue in any way, so those units won't have any way of playing catch up to the others and will make it to the battlefield last. Characters like Valbar suffer it the worst (Soldiers in general already have movement issues, but the penalties compounds that), but others like Mae and Sonya also fall behind in this regard.

-I disagree with you on Conquest overall. I won't deny there are maps where this is an issue (the Final Map on Lunatic is terrible about that), but there are maps that do allow for playing around with the different options such as Chapter 24 (ex. you could use Hinoka's tactic against her for a quick clear, or play against said tactic by using your own Dragon Veins).

-As a side note, Nuibaba's Abode is actually pretty mixed from what I've seen. Some like it and think it's a pretty fun map, others hate it and feel even warp strategies don't make it a lot of fun.

>Lack of Victory Conditions
-Just because it's a remake of an NES game doesn't mean it's free of getting any criticisms for sharing the weaknesses of its predecessor. Part of the reason games like Shadow Dragon aren't held in high regard is because their archaic design held back how much fans enjoyed them and left many feeling like they were bland and uninteresting experiences. Thus, if SoV shares flaws with Gaiden that could've very easily have been addressed to make the experience more enjoyable, then it's understandable for fans to critique and criticize those elements remaining regardless.

Now, in terms of changing Victory Conditions, they can do it as they were willing to make story/gameplay changes that affect the use of certain maps (Dracozombie Hell was supposed to be a trap for Alm), changes to pre-existing maps via enemy placement (the aforementioned Rudolf map for Hard Mode) and add maps if they felt it advanced their new story (Conrad's introduction), it's just that they chose not to go that route due to their direction. Whether you feel keeping as close to the original as possible was for the best or the worst is in the eye of the beholder.

>Bad Story
-As you said with Conquest, just because it breaks from some clichés doesn't mean its story is automatically good for it. Granted, I'd never say Conquest (or Fates in general) has a better story then Echoes, but Gaiden did have some problems with its story and Echoes does carry some of those issues plus some more due to its additions (with the Celica moments being some good examples of that). So it's not like everything Gaiden and Echoes do to be different is going to be a hit with the player and how they interpret the story, some of those new plot points may still fall flat.

-As for the pacing, I honestly wouldn't say that's SoV's major issue when it comes to the plot, but there are a couple things I can think of that he may mean such as Rinea and her relationship with Berkut. Outside of the Memory Prism they don't seem to have any positive interactions with each other as Berkut is either yelling at or around the poor girl or focusing on something else, yet as soon as Act 5 comes around we're expected to feel bad for Berkut when he jumps off the deep end and sacrifices Rinea, who he's supposed to love but is never truly shown doing. If they paced their relationship out better where we saw the good moments coupled with his descent into madness, then their tragedies would've had a lot more oomph to it, but instead poor Rinea just kind of... exists.

I do agree with you on lack of scope though as the only threats that have far reaching powers in FE are Ashera, Grima, and Anankos and even two of those still keep their focus to their specific continents.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Humanity's Worst Fear should have a Cantor and when the door breaks a Gargoyle comes out of it
Better yet, the Cantor should be Dolth and maybe show a bit of his map. I mean, it's one of the most infamous maps in the game.

For the Faye one, this is how I imagine the dialogue would go:

*Reiner walks down the steps*
"Well, it's just a base conversation. But it's not like this will lower my opinion on a character."
*Reiner opens the door, and we see bits and pieces of Faye's 2nd base conversation where she rejoices over Alm and Celica getting into that argument*
*Reiner closes the door*
"Faye's here! She's getting more obsessive over Alm!"
*Faye, with her happy face, breaks through the door while saying "Arumuuuuuu"
"Is this it? Will this be it?"
*Like the V-sauce one, Faye's happy face would be put over Reiner's pupils during the zoom in*

Both the Cantor and the Faye one would be called, "Fire Emblem Echoes Fans' Worst Fear"

Another good use of Humanity's Worst Fear meme with something from Fire Emblem Echoes should be...

The scene when Berkut kills Rinea and Fernand walks in on them.

Fernand's face would be placed over Reiner's. Reiner's dialogue would remain unchanged, but when he opens the door, we see that moment from the cutscene when Rinea first appears as her witch self. It could also flow quite nicely with Witch Rinea breaking through the door considering how in the original cutscene, she was chasing after Fernand.

A fun video like that would sum up Fernand's situation in Act 5 quite nicely.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
D

Deleted member

Spoilered Echoes replies
]>Maps
-I can't fully agree with your points on freedom, at least in terms of the overall experience as there are some design decisions that do limit how effectively you can use certain units. For example, with Celica's Act 3 and 4 maps, there's a lot of terrain that gives your units movement penalties, which means that units like mages will be slowed down while units that can fly or have high movement can get much farther. This means that the player will probably in more cases favor the latter set of units over the former group, and that means the former group can fall behind in terms of level and performance. Additionally, unlike Alm, they don't have a Warp Cleric like Silque, so you can't mitigate that issue in any way, so those units won't have any way of playing catch up to the others and will make it to the battlefield last. Characters like Valbar suffer it the worst (Soldiers in general already have movement issues, but the penalties compounds that), but others like Mae and Sonya also fall behind in this regard.
I will agree that the Swamps slow down your progress a lot but it's really only noticeable in two maps(that are literally) the same though the second time it's actually used for a purpose.
And while the Peg sisters have way more Movement in certain maps, they still don't make the others fall behind unless you grind them because the two maps where Desert tiles are even noticeable(Desert Fortress and North/South) have way too many units that can take them out if ganged up on or outright ORKO so rushing with them is hardly an option there. They will only outpace the others in the first Swamp map because lol @ them trying to fight Mogalls or Guardians.
-I disagree with you on Conquest overall. I won't deny there are maps where this is an issue (the Final Map on Lunatic is terrible about that), but there are maps that do allow for playing around with the different options such as Chapter 24 (ex. you could use Hinoka's tactic against her for a quick clear, or play against said tactic by using your own Dragon Veins).
Hinoka's is the exception, really. Maybe in Normal it's possible but definitely not in Hard and above.
Try to change the strategy in Ch7 and the Faceless will kill someone, Ch8 has only one path if you want all the houses, Ch10 needs you to plug the same chokepoints with the same units, Break the Pots will punish you for breaking the pots, Ch22 made me claustrophobic, Ch23 has only one path possible and don't get me started on Ch25. I don't think this is necessarily bad(it makes the maps be more of a puzzle) but it does kill the replay value a lot.
Though this may be related to how many tools Echoes gives you: Fates doesn't have unlimited support spells, easily avaible movement skills or 3-5 range weapons.
-As a side note, Nuibaba's Abode is actually pretty mixed from what I've seen. Some like it and think it's a pretty fun map, others hate it and feel even warp strategies don't make it a lot of fun.
Using it as an example: if Nuibaba's Abode was in Conquest(with the same enemies and weapons), it would definitely be **** because you'd have to make a long detour as your only option and no way to safely kill the enemy units without getting hit by Nuibaba or burning a lot of Rescue staves.
>Lack of Victory Conditions
-Just because it's a remake of an NES game doesn't mean it's free of getting any criticisms for sharing the weaknesses of its predecessor. Part of the reason games like Shadow Dragon aren't held in high regard is because their archaic design held back how much fans enjoyed them and left many feeling like they were bland and uninteresting experiences. Thus, if SoV shares flaws with Gaiden that could've very easily have been addressed to make the experience more enjoyable, then it's understandable for fans to critique and criticize those elements remaining regardless.

Now, in terms of changing Victory Conditions, they can do it as they were willing to make story/gameplay changes that affect the use of certain maps (Dracozombie Hell was supposed to be a trap for Alm), changes to pre-existing maps via enemy placement (the aforementioned Rudolf map for Hard Mode) and add maps if they felt it advanced their new story (Conrad's introduction), it's just that they chose not to go that route due to their direction. Whether you feel keeping as close to the original as possible was for the best or the worst is in the eye of the beholder.
It's just that there really isn't a map where you could change the objective to defemd or escape. They surely COULD have added a new map as we got some but they were mostly added for story purposes(except the Th. Shrine one, that's just to not make the ending of it feel so abrupt). I would surely have loved an Escape chapter but I don't feel like Echoes really needed one.
>Bad Story
-As you said with Conquest, just because it breaks from some clichés doesn't mean its story is automatically good for it. Granted, I'd never say Conquest (or Fates in general) has a better story then Echoes, but Gaiden did have some problems with its story and Echoes does carry some of those issues plus some more due to its additions (with the Celica moments being some good examples of that). So it's not like everything Gaiden and Echoes do to be different is going to be a hit with the player and how they interpret the story, some of those new plot points may still fall flat.
I haven't really heard many actual complaints about the story outside of Celica believing Papa Smurf way too much(though I have issues with Berkut and Fernand myself). The most I see are them wasting potentially great villains like Desaix and Grieth or NPCs like Irma and Halcyon
-As for the pacing, I honestly wouldn't say that's SoV's major issue when it comes to the plot, but there are a couple things I can think of that he may mean such as Rinea and her relationship with Berkut. Outside of the Memory Prism they don't seem to have any positive interactions with each other as Berkut is either yelling at or around the poor girl or focusing on something else, yet as soon as Act 5 comes around we're expected to feel bad for Berkut when he jumps off the deep end and sacrifices Rinea, who he's supposed to love but is never truly shown doing. If they paced their relationship out better where we saw the good moments coupled with his descent into madness, then their tragedies would've had a lot more oomph to it, but instead poor Rinea just kind of... exists.
I will agree that I have this same issue(that Berkut and Fernand should have shown some of their virtues BEFORE dying.
You only really see their good side with the Memory Prisms you get after killing them and when they are dying.
They were good but... I'd like to have seen that and sympathized for them before having Alm Double Lion their asses, it would have made me feel sad for seeing Clive lose a dear friend and make me understand why Rinea loves him so much when literally every scene with her has Berkut yelling at her. Except the dancing cutscene but he just looked really smug through the whole thing.
Better yet, the Cantor should be Dolth and maybe show a bit of his map. I mean, it's one of the most infamous maps in the game.

For the Faye one, this is how I imagine the dialogue would go:

*Reiner walks down the steps*
"Well, it's just a base conversation. But it's not like this will lower my opinion on a character."
*Reiner opens the door, and we see bits and pieces of Faye's 2nd base conversation where she rejoices over Alm and Celica getting into that argument*
*Reiner closes the door*
"Faye's here! She's getting more obsessive over Alm"
*Faye, with her happy force, breaks through the door while saying "Arumuuuuuu"
"Is this it? Will this be it?"
*Like the V-sauce one, Faye's happy face would be put over Reiner's pupils during the zoom in*

Both the Cantor and the Faye one would be called, "Fire Emblem Echoes Fans' Worst Fear"

Another good use of Humanity's Worst Fear meme with something from Fire Emblem Echoes should be...

The scene when Berkut kills Rinea and Fernand walks in on them.

Fernand's face would be placed over Reiner's. Reiner's dialogue would remain unchanged, but when he opens the door, we see that moment from the cutscene when Rinea first appears as her witch self. It could also flow quite nicely with Witch Rinea breaking through the door considering how in the original cutscene, she was chasing after Fernand.

A fun video like that would sum up Fernand's situation in Act 5 quite nicely.
Dolth summons Necrodragons tho
Though I don't know what's scarier: Necrodragons or Gargoyles
Maybe Necrodargons if they also had Eerie Screech

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/2...n-deaths-2-children-found-in-hot-car.amp.html

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! You disciplined you're kids by BAKING them in your car??

I owe my mom an apology. ****.
People get sued and their kids taken away for leaving their kids in their cars because they need to go do something and having the mere POSSIBILITY of something like this happening on ACCIDENT.

Doing it on PURPOSE is just. . .what in the. . .

And they were 16 months and two years old?! They're not gonna be old enough to even understand why you're cooking them to death! Those are BABIES!

This monster didn't care about her children at all. The fact that she kept trying to cover it up instead of showing remorse just hammers it in further.

I hope she's never allowed to have children again.

D

Deleted member

Echoes spoilers
Easiest Dracoshield I ever got

Guess who ****ing critted? And all I had to do was grind Atlas to Sage Lv4
You mean that whatever you make, just put it along their path?
Yeah, just give them the sensation they're choosing it.
Like, be it if you want a plot event or a dungeon. Refuse to visit that dungeon? Save whatever you had planned for it for whatever next one they enter.
Want them to meet a certaon NPC but they didn't go to the town the character was? He was always on that other town.

A DM shouldn't plan more stuff than they expect the players to see, it'd just be a waste if you planned a bunch of stuff that will just go to waste.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I swear I heard of a couple that did this also a few years back. actually, yeah, this isnt the first time this has happend
Correct, this isn't the first time. But this in comparison to that couple you're talking about just isn't on par. This woman burned two of her kids- babies I might add- as, as she claims, a disciplinary action. Its that excuse that really gets me.

EDIT: They were both wrong either way, and they too will feel the burn in Hell.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well phooey! Today is our neighborhood barbeque and it's pouring outside.

It better clear up before it's suppose to start a 6:00.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who the **** tought at the BB team that doing two 360 input while pressing A in the second one while in Overdrive was OK? And of course, it's for Za Warudo.

The God of Death? More like the God of Impossible Input.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey folks.

Let's do a fun little comparison.

Legolas vs Link. Who'd win?

Chrono.

Who the **** tought at the BB team that doing two 360 input while pressing A in the second one while in Overdrive was OK? And of course, it's for Za Warudo.

FOr what character is this?

Last night I was trying Bullet out and her 360 inputs for her DDs gave me trouble lol

D

Deleted member

That sounds easy tho "full circle, full circle, A"
It's nothing like "Forward, Heavy Attack, Weak Attack, Forward, Stand" for the ACTUAL Za Warudo
Hey folks.

This is not even fair
Legolas has a bow.
Link has a ****ing sword beam, bombs, a hammer, magic, a magic bow, a bow that shoots bombs and a boomerang.
Clearly the winner is Elf Stereotypes Link Lego Legolas, he can come back even if torn to pieces

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey folks.

Link, because he can do pretty much anything Legolas can plus he uses a lot more types of weaponry, plus he's got magic and the Power of the Triforce...

And he can turn into a Wolf...

And a Goron, and a Zora, and a giant....and a god...

And can manipulate time...I think people get my point...

Chrono.

Link, because he can do pretty much anything Legolas can plus he uses a lot more types of weaponry, plus he's got magic and the Power of the Triforce...

And he can turn into a Wolf...

And a Goron, and a Zora, and a giant....and a god...

And can manipulate time...I think people get my point...
Tbf a lot of those abilities are exclusive to one Link incarnation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FOr what character is this?

Last night I was trying Bullet out and her 360 inputs for her DDs gave me trouble lol
Izanami, a character only playable in Central Fiction.

Really, I just did it. But holy Black Beast, how are you supposed to do that in an actual match while in Overdrive? I applaud anyone who would be able to do it and have a kill with it. Especially when there is an easier input for activating Za Warudo, even tough you need to land a grab for it.
That sounds easy tho "full circle, full circle, A"
It's nothing like "Forward, Heavy Attack, Weak Attack, Forward, Stand" for the ACTUAL Za Warudo

This is not even fair
Legolas has a bow.
Link has a ****ing sword beam, bombs, a hammer, magic, a magic bow, a bow that shoots bombs and a boomerang.
Clearly the winner is Elf Stereotypes Link Lego Legolas, he can come back even if torn to pieces

Yeah, it's easy...if your opponent is sleeping.
I'm not saying the original Za Warudo is easy to do. But just that, the input for Izanami Za Warudo is too hard to use when in actual match. You have a better time to trying to land her Za Warudo grab than anything else. Which I find kinda strange, especially when that, even if you did it. Like the original one, you can still be hit before it activate, like, what the heck?

Also, you have my entire respect if you are able to do Dio Za Warudo in an actual match and doing good damage with it. Really, I respect anyone who can do that because IT'S THE MOTHER ROAD ROALLER ZA WARUDO. HOW YOU CAN'T BE MORE HYPE THAN THAT?!:4iggy:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gravity Rush 2 might just have one of the most terrifying bosses I've seen in a video game. And it wasn't even the final boss.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Chrono. Chrono.

I did Bullet Tutorial Mode for her special and..

Remember my post about Izanami? Yeah, she is nothing compared to Bullet like, nine 360 input you have to do in a row?

Really, I respect even more Bullet player who have to this for like one special. This is insane lol, and my success with was probably more due to luck than anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
lmao. I had difficulty getting further in Super Metroid. Then I decided to backtrack and see if I was missing something as I was going through Ridley's Lair completely forgetting it's a very late game area. Now I got the X-Ray Visor, Spazer, Reserve Tank and Gravity Suit.

Chrono.

Chrono. Chrono.

I did Bullet Tutorial Mode for her special and..

Remember my post about Izanami? Yeah, she is nothing compared to Bullet like, nine 360 input you have to do in a row?

Really, I respect even more Bullet player who have to this for like one special. This is insane lol, and my success with was probably more due to luck than anything.
Yeah, if a character has full circle inputs, chances are I'll never touch them (barring exceptions like Alex in SF3).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, if a character has full circle inputs, chances are I'll never touch them (barring exceptions like Alex in SF3).
When I will have to play Bullet three time for each Arcade Mode. I tell you that, I will either use Stylish Mode for her or I will just have to use her other special move and git gud with her. But I probably take the former.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Spoilered responses:
Spoilered Echoes replies

I will agree that the Swamps slow down your progress a lot but it's really only noticeable in two maps(that are literally) the same though the second time it's actually used for a purpose.
And while the Peg sisters have way more Movement in certain maps, they still don't make the others fall behind unless you grind them because the two maps where Desert tiles are even noticeable(Desert Fortress and North/South) have way too many units that can take them out if ganged up on or outright ORKO so rushing with them is hardly an option there. They will only outpace the others in the first Swamp map because lol @ them trying to fight Mogalls or Guardians.
Fair enough on the early desert maps as the Pegasus Knights are pretty squishy at those points, though due to the Exp fountain and being able to get first dibs on certain enemies, you can feasibly get Palla and Catria promoted before you get to Mila's Temple. After that point, flight + Banish makes them very useful assets in most of the upcoming maps afterwards.

Hinoka's is the exception, really. Maybe in Normal it's possible but definitely not in Hard and above.
Hinoka's flier skip has been done in Lunatic IIRC, at the very least it's doable on Hard.

Try to change the strategy in Ch7 and the Faceless will kill someone, Ch8 has only one path if you want all the houses, Ch10 needs you to plug the same chokepoints with the same units, Break the Pots will punish you for breaking the pots, Ch22 made me claustrophobic, Ch23 has only one path possible and don't get me started on Ch25. I don't think this is necessarily bad(it makes the maps be more of a puzzle) but it does kill the replay value a lot.
-I'll give you Ch7 since it's basically just 'hold these guys off until most of them are dead', which is pretty simple and doesn't require a lot of strategy.
-Chapter 10 you can KO Takumi.
-Chapter 12 only punishes you if you just break them at random, if you strategically plan out which pots to break and when, it's easy to work with (and I think there's a telltale sign for which one gives a negative status).
-Chapter 22 is pretty constrictive, I'll concede that.
-Fair enough on 23, though you can change up a couple minor things like skipping Hinata.
-Chapter 25 is a mixed bag as technically there are two options to tackle it, but on Lunatic one of the options becomes very difficult and thus needs planning ahead. So it's less that you're forced to do it one way and more that if you want to play a certain way you have to think it through.

Granted, some of these require more planning then in Echoes (Chapter 25 especially) and I wouldn't say there's anything like Warp/Rescue Skips of course, but at the same time you're not restricted to one exact thing for every single chapter you come across.

Using it as an example: if Nuibaba's Abode was in Conquest(with the same enemies and weapons), it would definitely be **** because you'd have to make a long detour as your only option and no way to safely kill the enemy units without getting hit by Nuibaba or burning a lot of Rescue staves.
Which if you think about it, does more to highlight the problems with Nuibaba's map rather then Conquest's map design. If you remove Warp as an option, then the map becomes a slog as you can't cheese it at all, you either have to make a slow climb up the front or go around the back and either option has drawbacks to its playability.

It's just that there really isn't a map where you could change the objective to defemd or escape. They surely COULD have added a new map as we got some but they were mostly added for story purposes(except the Th. Shrine one, that's just to not make the ending of it feel so abrupt). I would surely have loved an Escape chapter but I don't feel like Echoes really needed one.
I think a couple could've been retooled or added with those objectives, particularly defense since they can use chapters like that to emphasize the strength of Rigel's army. It's not necessary of course, but it could've provided a couple breaks from the norm in terms of gameplay and maybe story.

I haven't really heard many actual complaints about the story outside of Celica believing Papa Smurf way too much(though I have issues with Berkut and Fernand myself). The most I see are them wasting potentially great villains like Desaix and Grieth or NPCs like Irma and Halcyon
There have been a few other good points brought up about the plot over at Serenes (Nekoknight recently posted a review on that). Some I do think are overly critical, but other complaints do exist.

I will agree that I have this same issue(that Berkut and Fernand should have shown some of their virtues BEFORE dying.
You only really see their good side with the Memory Prisms you get after killing them and when they are dying.
They were good but... I'd like to have seen that and sympathized for them before having Alm Double Lion their *****, it would have made me feel sad for seeing Clive lose a dear friend and make me understand why Rinea loves him so much when literally every scene with her has Berkut yelling at her. Except the dancing cutscene but he just looked really smug through the whole thing.
Agreed, especially with the DLC in mind for Fernand since he's actually very likeable in the Memory Prisms. They should've carried over some of those virtues to the main game rather then leaving him a classist jerk for almost the entire campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom