• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Why? Because **** you that's why"
-Bern probably

This is the 4th turn of this and there are more offscreen I don't think anyone took any damage last term lol. There were even more dudes last term too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Bern probably

This is the 4th turn of this and there are more offscreen I don't think anyone took any damage last term lol. There were even more dudes last term too.
It's just like Birthrout, except everything is seize instead of rout
I call it "Sword of Seizes" or the "Seizing Blade"

Last edited by a moderator:

Amiiben

Smash Cadet
Can anyone give me some information on the Chinese smash moblie game(Like how it plays,what characters it has?)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
-Bern probably

I tried to warn you of your impending doom Zebei. If only you listened.

Not to be a downer but it gets even worse as you make your way to the Sword of Seals because more broken units keep spawning out. You'll have to save state abuse your way out of this chapter. Even more so if you want everyone to live.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just finished reading the first comic of the Killer Instinct series. My, it feels drastically different from any of the games in terms of story, setting, and characters (there's a lot of characters not in the games). Well, that's the 90's for ya.

Only 5 more comics to go.

FE6 has given me so many 1%/2% crits that i've started being able to guess when they happen

Zoro Deke has over 50, Bors has over 30, I don't even know how many Lilina and Roy have and now Douglas has already gotten 2 in this map alone.

Thank yo oh blessed RNGesus for letting me see those flashy attack animations so regularly

Also Zoroarking's avi is blatantly Treck I mean look at the two portraits

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can anyone give me some information on the Chinese smash moblie game(Like how it plays,what characters it has?)
It plays automatically with you being able to change things and trigger specials. Like brave frontier if you've played it. Has characters like Mario, Dedede, Snake, M Bison, Sonic, and more. People are getting virus warnings when trying to download it so do so at your own risk.

Man, Rockruff is SO ****ING CUTE!!!

Yes, Prof. Kukui owns one as revealed today..
Yes, Yes, he is, I love that Kuiki owns one. It looks good here.

D

Deleted member

FE6 has given me so many 1%/2% crits that i've started being able to guess when they happen

Zoro Deke has over 50, Bors has over 30, I don't even know how many Lilina and Roy have and now Douglas has already gotten 2 in this map alone.

Thank yo oh blessed RNGesus for letting me see those flashy attack animations so regularly

Also Zoroarking's avi is blatantly Treck I mean look at the two portraits
Nah, clearly it's Trec who is an edit of Kevin
Kevin speaks to me on a spiritual level, don't you dare compare hin to that FE6 trash

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nah, clearly it's Trec who is an edit of Kevin
Kevin speaks to me on a spiritual level, don't you dare compare hin to that FE6 trash
'scuse me m8, Treck is great. Have you even read his supports.

His support with Noah is possibly the best in FE6, and one of the best in the series. And the rest are hilarious.

Last edited:
Cool. beat the chapter with only one case of save scumming. (I didn't realize how low Yoder's speed and defense was and that's my b but at least it was only one turn)

It would have probably taken a lot longer if Lalum didn't spend 15 turns straight dodging 5+ attacks a turn with Bors, Perceval, and Raigh destroying half of Bern's entire army and only Raight and Perceval getting hit once in those 15 turns. :laugh: Roy destroyed Murdoch lol.

And, since I got this side quest, I'm going to have all 6 Legendary weapons. I just need Douglas and Yoder to hit S rank in axes Light magic so I can wield them all at once. (Gonna be hype)

I'm going to miss this game. . .

Well, no, I stopped playing FE6 by chapter 10
The way you react so negatively to anything involving Roy or FE6 I would have expected to have played way more. The only Chapter I wouldn't call good by 10 is 8. . .which is just ****ty in every way lol. I mean just look at the top of this map. That entire winding pathway up there? No purpose. Just makes you waste turns walking.

Next you'll tell me you played the game with Deke's name being Dieck and Shanna's name was Thana :p

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Man, Rockruff is SO ****ING CUTE!!!

Yes, Prof. Kukui owns one as revealed today..
^u^ Iwanko is the cutest doggy pokemon ever created, if he evolves, I hope he stays cute or looks really cool. Also, I still haven't got used to its english name.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've been posting a lot less here and on other forms.

Maybe it's a sign for me to probably go. I mean a lot of people have left as well so it's probably looking like it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Normal attacks are initiated automatically, but each character has a special move that you can control the targeting of (or you can make that automatic too if you want). There are also special Team Attacks that you can perform if you have a certain pair of characters. For example, if you have Mario and Luigi in play, they can do their Team Attack on Mario's turn if his special gauge is full, with it overriding Mario's regular special move.

Of course there's a lot of variety in terms of which character does what. They all have their own unique moves so learning what each character can do is part of the challenge.

There is also an extremely robust customisation system, like it's kinda surprising how much there is to it.

There's a main adventure mode, but there's a bunch of other modes and features you unlock throughout the game.

Playable characters are as follows:

upload_2016-7-3_1-41-49.png

upload_2016-7-3_1-42-7.png

upload_2016-7-3_1-42-28.png

Some people are saying they are getting virus warnings from it but these have been confirmed to be false positives (i.e the anti-virus software is being paranoid).

Amiiben

Smash Cadet
Normal attacks are initiated automatically, but each character has a special move that you can control the targeting of (or you can make that automatic too if you want). There are also special Team Attacks that you can perform if you have a certain pair of characters. For example, if you have Mario and Luigi in play, they can do their Team Attack on Mario's turn if his special gauge is full, with it overriding Mario's regular special move.

Of course there's a lot of variety in terms of which character does what. They all have their own unique moves so learning what each character can do is part of the challenge.

There is also an extremely robust customisation system, like it's kinda surprising how much there is to it.

There's a main adventure mode, but there's a bunch of other modes and features you unlock throughout the game.

Playable characters are as follows:

Some people are saying they are getting virus warnings from it but these have been confirmed to be false positives (i.e the anti-virus software is being paranoid).
Thanks I really want to know why they picked M.bison over other Street Fighter Characters btw do mind if I use these on Twitter

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've started to hit "the wall" in the Smash RPG.

I need to get my "Team Level" to Level 25 to go to the next world, in both the Normal and Hard versions.

On the World-7 Hard Map, I have a few more Mystery Blocks to collect. I need to 3-Star two missions to get them, and the loot they hold (usually very good loot). However, my party is just short of being able to do it. I probably could do it with a bit of luck, but the game isn't letting me play those missions anymore. I'm assuming you can't play the same mission too many times in a day or something.

And my resources are getting low, and upgrades are getting more and more expensive. I just gathered a few resources for Mega Man and pumped loads of upgrades into him, but I still need to have other characters catch up.

I should be fine tomorrow though, when I get the login bonuses and stuff like that. There's looooads of periodic free stuff you can get.

Thanks I really want to know why they picked M.bison over other Street Fighter Characters btw do mind if I use these on Twitter
Sure, you can use them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cool. beat the chapter with only one case of save scumming. (I didn't realize how low Yoder's speed and defense was and that's my b but at least it was only one turn)

It would have probably taken a lot longer if Lalum didn't spend 15 turns straight dodging 5+ attacks a turn with Bors, Perceval, and Raigh destroying half of Bern's entire army and only Raight and Perceval getting hit once in those 15 turns. :laugh: Roy destroyed Murdoch lol.

And, since I got this side quest, I'm going to have all 6 Legendary weapons. I just need Douglas and Yoder to hit S rank in axes Light magic so I can wield them all at once. (Gonna be hype)

I'm going to miss this game. . .

The way you react so negatively to anything involving Roy or FE6 I would have expected to have played way more. The only Chapter I wouldn't call good by 10 is 8. . .which is just ****ty in every way lol. I mean just look at the top of this map. That entire winding pathway up there? No purpose. Just makes you waste turns walking.

Next you'll tell me you played the game with Deke's name being Dieck and Shanna's name was Thana :p
I got bored by Chapter 10
Ambush spawns, an uninteresting cast, a cliche plot, a dead Hector, Knights sucking and not to mention most maps were meh made me just give up with the game
But their names are Dieck and Thana, you shut your filthy mouth!

Chrono.

So I finished the SFV Cinematic Story Mode.

Quick and dirty thoughts below.

It was alright. I didn't have many expectations going in but I was still underwhelmed in a couple areas.

The first half felt like it dragged on forever, with dull fights and random scene after random scene.

For all Capcom talked about making each character relevant, they sure failed with Alex and Necalli. Even Ryu was barely there for the majority of it. They also don't explain why Bison aged so much at all.

Rashid was definitely the highlight, just like Abel in IV, he very much felt like the main character in V's story and he actually develops quite nicely. It helps that he has a fun personality. The rest of the new guys were okay, except for Necalli who was just there. Sort of.

I kinda wouldn't mind the dolls being playable but I can also see them not going through with it since it'd be overkill (we're probably getting Decapre though).

The AI was annoying. They went from being hot garbage for the first half to kinda trying at the start of the second then BAM huge difficulty spike at the Nash v Bison fight and then it goes back to being garbage again for the last three fights.

Juri drives in a bike from Brazil to London. Yeah, that happened (this doesn't bug me as much as it makes me laugh).

Bison's end felt anti climactic, as well as Ryu overcoming the SnH (the latter is especially grating considering how much time they spent building it up).

That said I really hope Bison (and FANG) stay dead, it probably won't happen but I can dream.

Overall, it wasn't a good story mode, it wasn't a bad story mode, it was just a story mode.

"10/10 It's alright - IGN"

D

Deleted member

I'm no expert on fan translations. . .but i'm guessing you played the ****ty translation that sounds like it was written by 5 year olds instead of being proper writing. and is also a bit glitchy
It was the one that was already patched because I wasn't going to bother doing it myself

It was the one that was already patched because I wasn't going to bother doing it myself
Well you played the ****ty version.

Ignoring the fact it softlocks at chapter 11 sometimes, that translation is TERRIBLE. Like. . . absolute trash. After chapter 11 I had to change patches because of the softlocking which was actually a good thing. The improvement between the two versions is enormous.

Just your friendly reminder that SGDQ starts tomorrow at 12:30 EST.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why not? Applying a patch is pretty easy. Not to mention many emulators offer auto/softpatching features, so you wouldn't even need to apply it yourself.

D

Deleted member

Why not? Applying a patch is pretty easy. Not to mention many emulators offer auto/softpatching features, so you wouldn't even need to apply it yourself.
I was playing on my phone at the time, my computer was broken and I only recently got a new one
Patching seems easy enough though, if what I did with TLP is anything to go by

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Toon Link's Hyrule Warriors model has been put up on Model's Resource and I feel like I have been blessed with something great.

untitled.png

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Toon Link's Hyrule Warriors model has been put up on Model's Resource and I feel like I have been blessed with something great.

I forgot that the Toon characters have an actual mouth in Hyrule Warriors instead of the hand drawn mouth like in Smash. (And apparently the same goes for the eyes?)

Guess the Hyrule Warriors versiond could be used for some neat CGI animations and all....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I forgot that the Toon characters have an actual mouth in Hyrule Warriors instead of the hand drawn mouth like in Smash. (And apparently the same goes for the eyes?)

Guess the Hyrule Warriors versiond could be used for some neat CGI animations and all....
Yes, the eyes are fully rigged too.

The pupils are actually 3D models themselves. Make it so much easier to animate them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Looks at all those salty Micheal Bay fanboys. :laugh:

WatchMojo speaks the truth about everything wrong with his films yet they feel to the need to defend his rubbish like their lives depend on it. I get the feeling that we are in the dark age of filming if people actually find his movies good or funny.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ended up listening to some of the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack for a while there.

I really need to get back to finishing that game sometime. It's wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom