• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After going around the urban mulberry bush in my neighborhood, I've finally gotten that damn Pikachu in Pokemon GO. :4pikachu:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
*check Nintendo's YouTube channel*

*Looks at the new Federation Force trailer*

Move along folks, nothing to see here. Nothing ever changes.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How about something to do.

Take a gameplay of any Nintendo game and add a different franchise with it

Like for example:
Kirby with Paper Mario gameplay
Star Fox with Sin and Punishment gameplay

D

Deleted member

Like for example:
If they have to be Nintendo franchises, then Zelda with 2D Metroid gameplay.

If not, then a Star Wars RPG with Xenoblade gameplay.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Like for example:
Hmm...

Star Fox with Kid Icarus: Uprising gameplay
Splatoon with 2D Metroid gameplay
Smash Bros with Fire Emblem gameplay

That's all I can think of.

Chrono.

I just want to see how a Kirby 3D platformer would turn out like.

If that fails then give me a Kirby fighting game (as in a traditional 2D fighter I mean).

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
How underleveled I feel despite fighting every trainer... something that I don't really think felt like the case this early on in games prior. And I did spend a lil' bit grinding wilds.
This pretty much sums up my Insurgence playthrough so far. Only add quite a bunch more grinding. Especially for any of my Pokemon that aren't Haunter or Crocanaw.

:094:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Some things that came to mind recently...

:105: adapted to become Ghost/Fire because of it's natural predators?
What does both Ghost and Fire counter rather effectively with everything considered that is only found in Alola?

Ghost type render both of it's STABs as useless and fire is essentially super effective against it's Fluffy ability...Bewear is a dangerous pokemon and if it poses a big enough threat to Cubone and Marowak it makes sense for them to acquire these typings that hard counters Bewear...

----

Also a bit of a theory I thought up regarding Rockruff's evolution...This pretty much runs with the idea that it has multiple evolutions/forms it evolves into and also involves it's suspected connection with Lead in Alchemy...

For those who don't know Lead is tied to Alchemy such that it is the main metal that is used in the purification of Gold...Solgaleo, the Alolan Sun Deity is the one who devours the Sun...This is based on teh Lion that eats the sun in Alchemy which is a metaphor in the purifications of metals into gold...Specifically Lead...
What is Rockruff has a specific evolution method that allows it to evolve into a Golden Wolf/Canine during the day...It would become pure Steel to represent being purified into Gold...

Conversely...At night Lunala, 'the beast that calls the moon' could also have a part to play in Rockruff's evolution at night...Werewolves, transform when exposed to a full moon...Rockruff could very well evolve into a Werewolf and gain a Ghost typing...

Both evolution could be from exposure from Solgaleo's Radiant Sun and Lunala's Full Moon alternate forms, which could trigger said evolutions...Also Solgaleo steel type...Lunala ghost type...
Of course perhaps you don't necessarily need to have a battle or something with said legendaries, perhaps it's implied to happen if you leave Rockruff by a cliff during the day or night (after it howls and calls upon the deities)...

once again this theory pretty much banks on Rockruff evolving into multiple forms as leaks are suggesting, and also doesn't rule out other forms it could take using different methods if they exist...
so take this with a grain of Rowlet...

:troll:

Just some food for thought and could be interesting...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Some things that came to mind recently...

:105: adapted to become Ghost/Fire because of it's natural predators?
What does both Ghost and Fire counter rather effectively with everything considered that is only found in Alola?

Ghost type render both of it's STABs as useless and fire is essentially super effective against it's Fluffy ability...Bewear is a dangerous pokemon and if it poses a big enough threat to Cubone and Marowak it makes sense for them to acquire these typings that hard counters Bewear...

----

Also a bit of a theory I thought up regarding Rockruff's evolution...This pretty much runs with the idea that it has multiple evolutions/forms it evolves into and also involves it's suspected connection with Lead in Alchemy...

For those who don't know Lead is tied to Alchemy such that it is the main metal that is used in the purification of Gold...Solgaleo, the Alolan Sun Deity is the one who devours the Sun...This is based on teh Lion that eats the sun in Alchemy which is a metaphor in the purifications of metals into gold...Specifically Lead...
What is Rockruff has a specific evolution method that allows it to evolve into a Golden Wolf/Canine during the day...It would become pure Steel to represent being purified into Gold...

Conversely...At night Lunala, 'the beast that calls the moon' could also have a part to play in Rockruff's evolution at night...Werewolves, transform when exposed to a full moon...Rockruff could very well evolve into a Werewolf and gain a Ghost typing...

Both evolution could be from exposure from Solgaleo's Radiant Sun and Lunala's Full Moon alternate forms, which could trigger said evolutions...Also Solgaleo steel type...Lunala ghost type...
Of course perhaps you don't necessarily need to have a battle or something with said legendaries, perhaps it's implied to happen if you leave Rockruff by a cliff during the day or night (after it howls and calls upon the deities)...

once again this theory pretty much banks on Rockruff evolving into multiple forms as leaks are suggesting, and also doesn't rule out other forms it could take using different methods if they exist...
so take this with a grain of Rowlet...

:troll:

Just some food for thought and could be interesting...
Just saying.
I feel it's more complex than Day/Night
Only because they're playing it up this much.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I might continue to add to the trend of 7 Favourite games:
1: Metroid Prime
2: Overwatch
3: Ocarina of Time
4: Xenoblade Chronicles
5: Fire Emblem Awakening
6: Kirby 64
7: Final Fantasy VII

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just saying.
I feel it's more complex than Day/Night
Only because they're playing it up this much.
That's why I said I'm not ruling out other possible forms either with their own methods...but these are two possibilities that I came up with that make sense for this theory...perhaps something similar could happen with the starters as well since they all supposedly share a secret with Rockruff...

I feel like, if Rockruff is a representation of Lead in Alchemy, Gold will be involved in some way with it's evolution and a possible Steel typing to go with it at the very least...

Also keep in mind that the way they're hyping it up could involve it's evolution as well, perhaps there's something about that makes it special, other than alternate forms...

Chrono.

So I decided to try out Pokemon Sage after growing bored and tired of Uranium.

It goes against my policy of never playing fangame demos but.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
No way... Is phelps gonna get his 21st gold?! Oh my god
He did it. Phelps got his 21st gold!

Connor Dwyer's moment during the relay was when the U.S. really gained the crushing lead. He deserves a lot of credit, not to mention I was rooting for him since he's a Chicago kid like me. Lochte and Phelps helped maintain the lead from there.

The finals for woman's gymnastics are going on right now. Let's go USA!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He did it. Phelps got his 21st gold!

Connor Dwyer's moment during the relay was when the U.S. really gained the crushing lead. He deserves a lot of credit, not to mention I was rooting for him since he's a Chicago kid like me. Lochte and Phelps helped maintain the lead from there.

The finals for woman's gymnastics are going on right now. Let's go USA!
Im watching the Gymnastics also. Gabby is from Virginia Beach like me so I'm rooting for her

She got gold in Women's team all-around, Im so proud of her

I cant be like one of the cool kids because i only have a top 5 right now :(

Kid Icarus Uprising
Xeniblade Chronicles
Wonderful 101
Metroid Prime
Super Metroid

Like for example:
Kid Icarus with Other M gameplay (except better obviusly)
Kid Icarus Uprising with Kid Icarus classic gameplay.
Fire Emblem with Legend of Zelda gameplay
Fire emblem with Hyrule Warriors gameplay
A bunch of series with Fire emblem gameplay

:061:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
On the subject of the Olympics, I'm sure many of us have probably heard of the #PhelpsFace meme, so I thought I'd share this.

I mean, it's more to do with the clothing than the face (though the face does look as serious as Kyogre's), but the comparison was worth sharing.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
DO these new Pokemon support or deconfirm that recent leak?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DO these new Pokemon support or deconfirm that recent leak?
It deconfirms the dex leak, but the Chinese leaks don't go into enough detail to dismiss it based on any individual pokemon

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
On the subject of the Olympics, I'm sure many of us have probably heard of the #PhelpsFace meme, so I thought I'd share this.

I mean, it's more to do with the clothing than the face (though the face does look as serious as Kyogre's), but the comparison was worth sharing.
It all makes sense now...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Ok, thats it, rio 2016 best olympics

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So let's place a bet, mates. Which game do you think will have the better sales next week: Federation Force or Style Savvy Fashion Forward? Main reason why I'm asking this is because both games come out on the same day.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So let's place a bet, mates. Which game do you think will have the better sales next week: Federation Force or Style Savvy Fashion Forward? Main reason why I'm asking this is because both games come out on the same day.
Federation Force

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I hate to say it, Federation Force. If only because Trendsetters' sales were half as bad compared to the first game's 1k copies sold. I don't see Fashion Forward selling any better. Speaking of which, the game got backlash from pissed off alpha males on Nintendo's channel for the same reason as the last game: Not being the hardcore game that's targeted towards them. Yes, because it's the end of the world that Nintendo publish a game that targets one specific audience (even if a bunch of males happen to play it) instead of them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Federation Force will sell on the Metroid name alone.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As much as I hate to say it, Federation Force. If only because Trendsetters' sales were half as bad compared to the first game's 1k copies sold. I don't see Fashion Forward selling any better. Speaking of which, the game got backlash from pissed off alpha males on Nintendo's channel for the same reason as the last game: Not being the hardcore game that's targeted towards them. Yes, because it's the end of the world that Nintendo publish a game that targets one specific audience (even if a bunch of males happen to play it) instead of them. :rolleyes:
* heh, you've pretty much described nintendo's current audience and main *****ers in a nutshell. *

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@Kenith

Finally got around to getting Dark Souls 3 mate. Damn it's good.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
* thank you, glad that you can be a good audience with bigger bones than me. we can say that punchline was a real jaw-breaker. *

Sorry, can find the gif of "that scene" anymore. :(

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I actually anticipate that Federation Force will do decently well...despite it's slight deviation from the series...

then again I don't expect it to be that successful either...

As for Style Savvy, I have no clue who Style Savvy even is? Can he crawl?:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom