• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So what was the hardest boss fight you ever had in any video game

Mines were Unknown in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Jetstream Sam in Metal Gear Rising and the Wing Fortress Zone Boss in Sonic 2
**** the Ur-Child, **** this thing
And I still haven't beaten it
jfc this thing shouldn't exist, Atlus needs to be stopped

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Was going to post something similar on July 22nd, but I might as well do it now.

1.) The next main series game: Pretty much a no-brainer. We know Sonic Team has been cooking something up in the oven for awhile, we just don't now what it is. I can't predict anything other than it will star Sonic, you go fast, and collect rings.

2.) New Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice trailer: Now is about the time we get a new trailer for the game, one that hopefully convinces more people about. I also expect them to show a new cut scene.

3.) Sonic Boom season 2 announcement and sneak peak: Season 2 is pretty much all but confirmed, and it makes sense it show it off here. They'll probably explain the differences between season 2 and season 1.

4.) Sonic in LEGO Dimensions trailer: It will likely show off some gameplay of him and his level. Maybe an interview with some people at Traveler's Tales. Hopefully we'll see some more characters other than Sonic.

5.) First4Figures shows their 25th Anniversary statue: Possibly show off some more merchandise as well.

6.) Some news about the Sonic movie: We know next to nothing about the movie, so now would be a good time to spill the beans. We'll probably get a brief synopsis and what Sonic will look like. We could also get the reveal of a director and some cast, but I find that more unlikely. (This is honestly what I want to see the most, aside from the new game of course)

7.) Sonic 1 and 2 remastered get console releases, with 3 and Knuckles announced: Pretty much getting into wish-list territory, but I think this would be a great way to celebrate the classic era.

8.) More PC ports announced: Heroes, Colors, and Unleashed are some of the few main series Sonic games to have not made it to PC. With SEGA having some more pocus on PC gaming, I can see them wanting to port these games.
Sonic Heroes already has a PC port tho?

Mines were Unknown in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Jetstream Sam in Metal Gear Rising and the Wing Fortress Zone Boss in Sonic 2
This guy right here is one that first comes to mind:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The final boss of Rodea the Sky Soldier (Wii) was a pain in the ***. It was a terrible way to end a really good game.

In terms of others, Tabuu on Intense mode, King Arthur in Sonic and the Black Knight, Yellow Devil, and the final boss of Wonderful 101. Just to name a few.
I forgot about Rodea.

Hard in both versions of the game, but I enjoyed fighting it in the Wii version (lack of checkpoints was stingy but I found the whole thing interesting, especially the last bit).

The Wii U version of the boss can go away, though.

This guy right here is one that first comes to mind:
Sonic Heroes has a PC port, but it's real old and not on Steam and out of print.

They did the same with SADX. It had a PC port too back when the Gamecube version came out, but they made a Steam version in more recent years.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It does, but it's not available for Steam. So getting that on there would probably be something SEGA would want to do.
I forgot about Rodea.

Hard in both versions of the game, but I enjoyed fighting it in the Wii version (lack of checkpoints was stingy but I found the whole thing interesting, especially the last bit).

The Wii U version of the boss can go away, though.
It had good ideas, but I feel the boss was designed rather poorly. It actually highlighted what I think the Wii U version had advantage over the Wii version, having a health bar instead of the three-hit system. If you get hit two times on that last section, you're pretty much screwed.

It didn't play much of the Wii U version, but I can imagine the final boss being even more of a pain.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wild Nidoking appeared at a lure

...It ran away.

Everyone caught it there but me

• Prince Vorken from The Wonderful 101
Ironically he is actually absurdly easy to cheese.

Just spam sword and he wont ever stop dodging. However his dodge isn't 100% invincible.

It's even easier with an upgrade (i think) that gives you hp for damaging with the woner liner. Hitting 100 targets at once is a lot of hp.

Fight turns into a complete joke.

. . . I need to replay W101 without cheese

Ignoring super bosses because that's cheating.

I had a really rough time with Terra's final battle on proud mode in KH Birth By Sleep.

I was super underleveled so I would get one-shot by every single attack he had. And he has a lot of crazy attacks, some as counters, some with full on invincibility, and some that are just weird.

Spent the whole day trying to beat that **** without getting hit once.

And it was awesome.
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just spam sword and he wont ever stop dodging. However his dodge isn't 100% invincibl
Sometimes I think Sword was purposely made the best Morph
Has more range and speed than Hand
Stronger than Claw and Gun
Not weird like Whip or Bomb
And faster than Hammer
The balance between all traits just makes it better for everything(except killing some certain turtles)
There was a point where I had to go out of my way to use other Morphs because I ONLY used Sword when I wasn't forced to use another Morph

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Boost Guardian is honestly the only thing standing out to me...And I'm talking GCN version not Trilogy...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The hardest boss i've ever fought was Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Because of my completionist syndrome, i tend to beat all the extra bosses in any game ever, but Dullahan is so damn frustrating that i gave up and went straight for the Final Boss instead.
I just summon rushed Dullhan and managed to beat him. Surprised because I was relatively underleveled at the time of facing him. Luck had a lot to do with that as well. He makes the Super Boss from The Broken Seal look like a joke; ironically who I also summoned rushed and Mia was the last person standing in that fight.

Based Mia.
Hm...
  • Sturm from Advance Wars
Surprised I didn't mention that before. I think Sturm can be an awesome Boss fight if Boss Battles ever returns to Smash Bros or the SSE is brought back. His Meteor Strike can be made to be just as annoying as it is in Advance Wars games lol. Here's hoping that would come with Andy being playable in said Smash Bros game. :)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Hm...

That's a toughie...

I have to think about that...

Uh...

• Sturm from Advance Wars
  • Cackletta Soul from Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga
  • Wily Machine from Mega Man 9
  • Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream from Punch Out!! (Only one one this list I have not beaten.)
  • Prince Vorken from The Wonderful 101
Cackletta Soul is easy if you just have one of the bros wear the pants that lets them move first. The first time playing that game I had Luigi wear them, and I beat her on my first attempt.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hardest boss fights? How about EVERY single MegaTen boss in existence.

Most always have either the best debuffs/buffs, give you alignments that can screw you over in battle (Charm being among them rose), have spells that severely damage all of your demons (the Almighty techniques) being the worst, or have a crap ton of HP. Having to farm the best demons are your only option or even over grinding in order to properly face them.

A perfect example would have to be none other than Matador from Nocturne.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Dr. Dreadraven from Fossil Fighters: Frontier. His difficulty wasn't even in line with the rest of the game, it was super hard out of nowhere.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

It may sound funny, but it's this guy:

Mogenar the Kraid Wannabe made me rage intensely in Prime 3, but it made me laugh whenever he started laughing and I interrupted him by making one of his goddamned regenerating balls explode.

Oh, and this damn cursed boat:

The Storm Fortress in Rogue, I think it even made me rage way more than Mogenar ever did, and I actually had to do a trick to win, because it was just impossible for me, and to make it worse, I only sunk it once and I was like "YAY", but not even a second passed and two other damn boats appeared and screwed me over.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Hardest boss?

Every KoF boss I fought except Saiki comes to mind. Every Gym Leader from Pokemon Vega (it counts). Sephiroth in KH1 is a cliche choice, so I'll go with Ursula because **** water physics. Gill from SF3 can be a ****. Master Core in Wii U--No, actually just add the whole ****ing Wii U 9.0 Classic Mode here, IT COUNTS. Drakengard 3 goes here in it's entirety because not only do you gotta fight challenging bosses you also have to deal with ****ty, constant, framerate issues and the game playing like a terrible DMC knockoff.

Honorable mention goes to that one Bison fight in the SFV cinematic story. You know, the one with Nash. **** that noise.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

The Boost Guardian from Prime 2, when I first started the game, I had to put off playing it for a day because I was getting so frustrated with the thing.

Yakuza from Fusion was also annoying to me as a kid, though learning a couple tricks to deal with it made it easier in later playthroughs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hardest boss fights? How about EVERY single MegaTen boss in existence.

Most always have either the best debuffs/buffs, give you alignments that can screw you over in battle (Charm being among them rose), have spells that severely damage all of your demons (the Almighty techniques) being the worst, or have a crap ton of HP. Having to farm the best demons are your only option or even over grinding in order to properly face them.

A perfect example would have to be none other than Matador from Nocturne.

People don't call these games Atlus Incarnate for nothing.

Matador was annoying, but then I leveled up Inugami to deal with him and his constant evasion/hit buffs. The bonehead was definitely placed in the wrong area before the truly terrifying stuff.

He pales in comparison to the latter bosses in the game. The Pale Rider is a perfect example if only because of his love of one-hit kill moves (though these depend on the statuses your demons were in). In fact, many late game SMT bosses always have this type of move and spam it a lot to make sure you die fast. And SMTII Satan started this trend before it was mainstream.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And SMTII Satan started this trend before it was mainstream.
And God made that way more mainstream since he's the last boss of the game. YHVH can eat a **** (or Mara in that case) since he hits much harder than Chaos/Law Satan. But Satan was somewhat of a warm up for the creator of all in the form of the Great Will's best avatar.

D

Deleted member

Here's my Smash roster consisting of only characters and franchises that debuted on NES (or debuted in arcades, but had NES ports):

Smash NES Roster.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hard bosses eh? R2 Soda Popininski from Punch Out on Wii is pretty tough, though I dunno if you could call him a boss... Then there's around half of the 15 endgame bonus bosses in KH2, especially on lvl 1 Critical mode.

Shout-outs to the True Arena from Kirby Robobot which takes a half-hour to get through usually with the completely new and unique boss at the end that ends with an unblockable and un-I-frameable attack that takes half of a full HP bar at least, heh.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So now that he'll have his own live action movie and is sure to be ported to America? Detective Pikachu is so getting into the next Smash isn't he?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope since he likes coffee he'll have an attack where he throws scolding hot coffee on people.

Always wanted that for Brewster from AC, but I will make do with what I can get.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a recall on hotdogs that may be contaminated with "Listeria" which I don't know what that is

...I ate one of the batch of hotdogs yesterday and a couple for the last couple of days

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There is a recall on hotdogs that may be contaminated with "Listeria" which I don't know what that is

...I ate one of the batch of hotdogs yesterday and a couple for the last couple of days
Well, were some of these recalls in the area or stores you go to?
If not, I wouldn't worry. But if so I would recommend looking out for it justin case.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, name changes are fun.

Mind you, after watching so many music videos, one easily remembers how awesome Shadow's soundtrack is.

To note, I was previously HyperFalcon and others. I don't feel like asking anyone to guess. XD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah, name changes are fun.

Mind you, after watching so many music videos, one easily remembers how awesome Shadow's soundtrack is.

To note, I was previously HyperFalcon and others. I don't feel like asking anyone to guess. XD
Lol.

I thought you were gonna be some edgey preteen.

But then I remembered the soundtrack. Yeah, both versions were pretty great.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I watched the first Shrek movie way back in the day and I think I watched Shrek 2 in 6th grade in school. Forgot about the series for the most part.
Then you have to watch them all again plus 3 and 4.

Definitely one of the 4 final bosses in Dragon Quest 9.
Here's my Smash roster consisting of only characters and franchises that debuted on NES (or debuted in arcades, but had NES ports):

View attachment 112691
I was wondering if someone will finally include Slime in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom