• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One day I shall be a functioning member of society again. One day.

Today is not that day. Today is the day where I'm a lazy sack of potato crud sprinkled with bacon and maple syrup.

Yes. A true Canadian delicacy.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So were talking about OSTs then?

While not having a lot of content in the game. SFV still has really good music.

I mean listen to this soundtrack. This rendition of Ryu's theme is ****ing amazing.
I love Ryu's SFV theme. All of them are all really good except Laura and Bison's tbh.

MvC has a lot of good stuff.
I have Captain America, Dr. Doom and Taskmaster's Marvel 3 themes on my phone for my listening pleasure :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well this will be my last post for around a week or so, so see you all then! But before I go:

This is the best thing ever to come of Mighty No 9. Silva nailed it!

He also has a sonic album out now after they responded to his tweet. The sonic rips are some of the best so if your interested take a look.

Also if anyone needs to tag me, feel free, but I won't be able to answer for a few days. I will when I can though! Which would be around Saturday or Sunday next week. Whenever I get back.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well this will be my last post for around a week or so, so see you all then! But before I go:

This is the best thing ever to come of Mighty No 9. Silva nailed it!

He also has a sonic album out now after they responded to his tweet. The sonic rips are some of the best so if your interested take a look.

Also if anyone needs to tag me, feel free, but I won't be able to answer for a few days. I will when I can though! Which would be around Saturday or Sunday next week. Whenever I get back.
I think you posted the wrong video as there's no MN9.Never mind. You got it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, some thoughts on Birthright:
It's Awakening, it's literally Awakening
Enemy placement just feels random and maps are either way too open or make me feel claustrophobic(Chapter 10, ugh), Chapter 7 was cool outside of the ****ton of enemies thrown at you
Enemies just don't stop spawning, like, I'm trying to catch those thieves but Cavaliers keep showing up near my healers

As for the characters, Azura, Kaze and Paladin!Jakob are doing what they did in Conquest just as good, Silas is even better with a headstart from his Conquest self thanks to his higher weapon ranks(and he comes with a Javelin too)
And now for the Hoshido characters:
Hana-squishy, cannot dodge even with Duelist's Blow, low damage output but helps other get in doubling range with thst +4 Spd so good pair up fodder. Personal will never activate because she can't kill things. Hates Corrin for getting kidnapped/10

Subaki-bulky for a Peg Rider but couldn't even double reliably on his starting chapter with DARTING BLOW. Damage output is also lacking. Personal is great but wasted on him. Already hated Cordelia/10

Rinkah-Starts with E-Ranks, base HP is only two points higher than Azura and can't damage anything. BUT free +4 Str and +2 Def is worth a deployment slot. She still useless in combat tho lol. Painted abs of motivation/10

Sakura-low leveled but a good healer. Personal is better than Elise's even if weaker, the range makes it more useful. Unusual high Str growt/10

Orochi-She has almost no Spd, that's all I know about her, 7 Spd at Lv5 isn't that bad but it IS bad at this point in the game and her growth... 5 levels higher than Ricken 2.0 but same base Spd/10

Hinoka-Flat, flying Sully, personal is literally Charm, annoying voice and flat in the physical meaning of the word. Comes with a Guard Naginata/10
Azama-Great troll, will make a good physical unit when I reclass him, decent extra healer at the moment. All of his supports/10

Setsuna-Not Takumi/10. That's all I have to say about her

Hayato-Didn't bother using him, when I'll grind him when I actually borrow BR because I hear he makes a great Oni Cheiftain. Lv1/10

Hinata-Didn't bother even checking him out tbh, his personal seems cool tho, would make a good Master of Arms. Conquest Chapter 23 war flashbacks/10

Oboro-Fashionable and tanky, stole Hinoka's Guard Naginata. +3 free damage. Speaks to me in a spiritual level/10

Saizo-He's the opposite of his brother: edgy instead of cool; has Def instead of Res; Str instead of Spd; existing Mag growths instead of none; and can't get laid instead of can't not get laid. Probably my favorite BR unit so far, he can tank and kill stuff, can't wait for when he gets the Flame Shuriken. Has a boss convo/10

Takumi-YO WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THIS DAMAGE OUTPUT THIS IS YOUR STARTING CHAPTER STOP OHKOING EVERYTHING. Dodged a fatal hit at 60%/10
Do you have Dread Fighter scrolls? If so, if you reach Hinoka, Azama and Setsuna, immediately give Azama one. I heard he's amazing as a Dread Fighter due to the fact that it's a physical class that Azama wants, Dread Fighter makes his high HP, Str and Spd Growths even higher and it fixes his Resistance and Res growths.
No, no Dread Scrolls.
I'll probably just reclass him, what's his secondary class btw? Will either reclass to Spear Fighter(if it's his secondary) because he'd make a great Basara or Oni Savage(from Rinkah S-Rank) because I have no axe users

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Never got to post here during the Blur Blur's birthday but it's great to see all the good things that happened during it
Happy Late Birthday :4sonic: One of my favourite Gaming characters and my new smash 4 pocket.
"The possibilities are never ending" Here's to an amazing new game.

Also seeing all those character concepts was great and while I am happy with Shadow's actual design if he had gotten one of the concept designs as shown it would have made the mistake for sonic in SA2 a little bit more believable than his current design.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Alright, some thoughts on Birthright:
It's Awakening, it's literally Awakening
Enemy placement just feels random and maps are either way too open or make me feel claustrophobic(Chapter 10, ugh), Chapter 7 was cool outside of the ****ton of enemies thrown at you
Enemies just don't stop spawning, like, I'm trying to catch those thieves but Cavaliers keep showing up near my healers

As for the characters, Azura, Kaze and Paladin!Jakob are doing what they did in Conquest just as good, Silas is even better with a headstart from his Conquest self thanks to his higher weapon ranks(and he comes with a Javelin too)
And now for the Hoshido characters:
Hana-squishy, cannot dodge even with Duelist's Blow, low damage output but helps other get in doubling range with thst +4 Spd so good pair up fodder. Personal will never activate because she can't kill things. Hates Corrin for getting kidnapped/10

Subaki-bulky for a Peg Rider but couldn't even double reliably on his starting chapter with DARTING BLOW. Damage output is also lacking. Personal is great but wasted on him. Already hated Cordelia/10

Rinkah-Starts with E-Ranks, base HP is only two points higher than Azura and can't damage anything. BUT free +4 Str and +2 Def is worth a deployment slot. She still useless in combat tho lol. Painted abs of motivation/10

Sakura-low leveled but a good healer. Personal is better than Elise's even if weaker, the range makes it more useful. Unusual high Str growt/10

Orochi-She has almost no Spd, that's all I know about her, 7 Spd at Lv5 isn't that bad but it IS bad at this point in the game and her growth... 5 levels higher than Ricken 2.0 but same base Spd/10

Hinoka-Flat, flying Sully, personal is literally Charm, annoying voice and flat in the physical meaning of the word. Comes with a Guard Naginata/10
Azama-Great troll, will make a good physical unit when I reclass him, decent extra healer at the moment. All of his supports/10

Setsuna-Not Takumi/10. That's all I have to say about her

Hayato-Didn't bother using him, when I'll grind him when I actually borrow BR because I hear he makes a great Oni Cheiftain. Lv1/10

Hinata-Didn't bother even checking him out tbh, his personal seems cool tho, would make a good Master of Arms. Conquest Chapter 23 war flashbacks/10

Oboro-Fashionable and tanky, stole Hinoka's Guard Naginata. +3 free damage. Speaks to me in a spiritual level/10

Saizo-He's the opposite of his brother: edgy instead of cool; has Def instead of Res; Str instead of Spd; existing Mag growths instead of none; and can't get laid instead of can't not get laid. Probably my favorite BR unit so far, he can tank and kill stuff, can't wait for when he gets the Flame Shuriken. Has a boss convo/10

Takumi-YO WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THIS DAMAGE OUTPUT THIS IS YOUR STARTING CHAPTER STOP OHKOING EVERYTHING. Dodged a fatal hit at 60%/10

No, no Dread Scrolls.
I'll probably just reclass him, what's his secondary class btw? Will either reclass to Spear Fighter(if it's his secondary) because he'd make a great Basara or Oni Savage(from Rinkah S-Rank) because I have no axe users
-Setsuna can be somewhat useful with her Personal, as it's basically a opposite Live to Serve. If both her and your healer are low on health, your healer can heal themselves by healing Setsuna.
-Hinoka can be useful with Charm and Inspiration, as having those skills and her Personal adds 6+damage to anybody in 2+range. With Sakura, giving her Inspiration & Demoiselle gives anybody -4 damage and any males -6 damage.
-And yeah, Hayato is great as an Oni, as it lets him keep a decent Magic and Spd growth, makes him less squishy and give great growths in HP and Def and gives him a decent Str growth as well.
-Saizo has a surprising Magic growth as stated, making him decent with a Flame Shuriken. Giving Orochi or Sakura to him gives his son an amazing Magic growth. Pair-up wise, Saizo helps with Spd and giving Orochi to him can really fix her Spd, especially if she has Horse Spirit.
As for Azama, his secondary is Herb Merchant/Apothecary. He can't get a good A+ class in Birthright, with his supports being Hayato, Subaki and Kaden. To get him a class he wants, he needs Rinkah or Oboro. That being said, he can make a decent Ninja with Kagero thanks to his Spd Growth and giving him Kagero will give him a pretty strong daughter.

D

Deleted member

-Setsuna can be somewhat useful with her Personal, as it's basically a opposite Live to Serve. If both her and your healer are low on health, your healer can heal themselves by healing Setsuna.
-Hinoka can be useful with Charm and Inspiration, as having those skills and her Personal adds 6+damage to anybody in 2+range. With Sakura, giving her Inspiration & Demoiselle gives anybody -4 damage and any males -6 damage.
-And yeah, Hayato is great as an Oni, as it lets him keep a decent Magic and Spd growth, makes him less squishy and give great growths in HP and Def and gives him a decent Str growth as well.
-Saizo has a surprising Magic growth as stated, making him decent with a Flame Shuriken. Giving Orochi or Sakura to him gives his son an amazing Magic growth. Pair-up wise, Saizo helps with Spd and giving Orochi to him can really fix her Spd, especially if she has Horse Spirit.
As for Azama, his secondary is Herb Merchant/Apothecary. He can't get a good A+ class in Birthright, with his supports being Hayato, Subaki and Kaden. To get him a class he wants, he needs Rinkah or Oboro. That being said, he can make a decent Ninja with Kagero thanks to his Spd Growth and giving him Kagero will give him a pretty strong daughter.
Oh man, that's disappointing to know about Azama, I guess I'll just wait to promote him to Great Master seeing as I'll already have Hayato as an Oni and Oboro wants Takumi anyways
And yeah, I guess I can try to fix Orochi's Spd but I don't think she's worth that much the trouble

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There was a bit of confusion about the 2017 Sonic project news, but some more clear news came up.
http://www.tssznews.com/2016/06/25/...oject-info-fire-icems-being-only-2016-titles/
Pretty much as everyone thought, Mario and Sonic Rio and Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice will be the only Sonic releases this year. And this new Sonic project (more than likely the 25th Anniversary game) will be revealed at the San Diego party and will release in 2017.

As I said before, it's a bit of a shame it won't come out this year, but it at least shows SEGA is serious about quality this time.

There is something ironic about someone whose motto is pretty much "gotta go fast" having their 25th anniversary game being late to the 25th anniversary.

"You're too slow devs!" :4sonic:

P.S. this is going to sound weird and is physical proof of my short attention span, but could someone quote Xenoking's post of FE music on the last page and tag me? I want to take a look and add stuff to my playlist but there is no way im going to remember to go back and look at a post unless I have a reminder i cant miss (Thank god for alerts!) lol.

P.S.S my P.S is longer than my original message >_>

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Gyate Gyate Tiki is too adorable for this sinful world...

Sorry about that bump, but that's adorable.
No worries mate. Tiki is cute no matter what form she's in (even the mature Awakening design). :3

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh man, that's disappointing to know about Azama, I guess I'll just wait to promote him to Great Master seeing as I'll already have Hayato as an Oni and Oboro wants Takumi anyways
And yeah, I guess I can try to fix Orochi's Spd but I don't think she's worth that much the trouble
The only real way to fix her Spd is a Pair-Up/Speedwing. Orochi has horrific Spd Growths and not even the Witch class can help her much. She's tied with Hinata and Yukimura for 3rd lowest Spd Growths(a measly 15%), with Benny being 2nd lowest(10%) and Gunter being the lowest(0%). That being said, out of all your Birthright units(barring children), she has the highest Mag Growth of 65% and a decent Skl of 50%, so she will definitely hurt enemies with low Res and most likely hit them compared to Hayato who needs Secret Books/any skill that gives him Hit Rate to hit stuff.
Hayato as an Oni will definitely have the better growths overall(he will have more 50% growths for his stats compared to Orochi) and will survive physical hits compared to Orochi, but Orochi will most likely kill stuff with low Res and actually be able to hit them compared to Hayato if you're relying on stats alone. So really, it's up to you whether or not you want to waste Speedwings on Orochi or Secret Books on Hayato.
And yeah, Azama got unlucky with class options with Birthright. On the other hand, Revelations was really nice to him. Revelations gives him Arthur/Harold as an A+ option, which allows him to get Fighter. And for wives, he gets Effie, which not only gives him and his daughter Knight, but his daughter becomes frighteningly powerful, with +6 in Str, +3 in Spd, +1 in Lck and Def, and her only negative being -2 in Magic. And as a Knight/General, all of her growth rates besides Mag and Res will be 50% or over and with Aptitude over 60% with her Res being at 40% and her Hp & Str Growth being at 75/80% respectively.

Chrono.

Glad to see SEGA seem to be taking themselves more seriously this time.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic till I actually see the game, however.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Heyyyy sooo

What's the best Mario Party game on the Gamecube again?
Hands down.
Literally my favorite out of the bunch.
But seriously, you could get 4,6, or 7 if you wanted, they're pretty good.
But none of them are as good as 5

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Heyyyy sooo

What's the best Mario Party game on the Gamecube again?
4 for sure. Out of all the MP's I played for the Cube that's the one I had the most fun with. Hated the changes they made in MP5 with the Item system and whatnot. Super Duel Mode got boring quickly as well.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Eh...didn't get a chance to post music earlier anyways because of work so here's some Mass Effect goodness...
Tali
Samara
Kasumi
I always liked the character suites and these were my favourites from Mass Effect 2...

Additionally...some great stuff from 3...
Rannoch
Surkesh
Aralakh Company

Chrono.

Hands down.
Literally my favorite out of the bunch.
But seriously, you could get 4,6, or 7 if you wanted, they're pretty good.
But none of them are as good as 5
In my personal opinion, 7. 6 is also a really good one.
4 for sure. Out of all the MP's I played for the Cube that's the one I had the most fun with. Hated the changes they made in MP5 with the Item system and whatnot. Super Duel Mode got boring quickly as well.
Well, seems most are well liked.

I'm going with 7 because it has Boos.

And I love me some Boos.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh, were you guys talking about VGMs earlier?
I'm all about that stuff, though.

Literally, listen to it every day.
Here's a few of my favorites:
Still Alive (Poker Night 2):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ7IlMUwms
Unfinished Business (Skullgirls):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58NKCwjz6e8
Glee Club (Rhythm Heaven):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4odqtZKFk
Left Bank Two (Little Big Planet):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9w7A39Ggz0
Notice the recurring theme, here?

Well, seems most are well liked.

I'm going with 7 because it has Boos.

And I love me some Boos.
Mario Party 5's got some sweet Boos too, though.
Eh, could just be personal preference. It's one of the first Mario Party games I ever played, after all.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Out of the Gamecube Mario Parties, I played 4 & 6 and IMO both were very good.

Soul.

Pokémon games have amazing songs

Gen IV's soundtrack is lovely, as are Gen V, VI and most spin-offs. The other generations have some great tunes as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I was a lot younger I listed to VGM a lot, not so much these days

I think my favorite tracks back then were from Chrono Trigger

Chrono.

Yeah officer I'd like to report a murder.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What's up with Hideki Kamiya's tweets? They seem so weird he tells people he'll block them when they ask him questions. Sorta comes off as dickish.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's up with Hideki Kamiya's tweets? They seem so weird he tells people he'll block them when they ask him questions. Sorta comes off as dickish.
He's a massive ****. Luckily for him, people love massive *****

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Or telling them to ask their mom. It's like he has something against everyone's mother. :laugh:

But at least he has a funny side to him at times like this.

Chrono.

He'd be nicer if people stop bothering him so much.

The **** he gets asked makes me get second hand embarrassment.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So remember when Melee players were booing Smash 4 and chanting 'melee' during the award ceremony both irl and in twitch chat during APEX?

Well the same thing happened during CEO, but now for Guilty Gear:

Honestly, this is absolutely disgusting. I know it doesn't represent all of the Melee players, but Melee players need to show more ****ing respect for other games and their players.

Far out.

/minirant

Edit: Worst part, is that apparently people saying 'tr4sh' so much that people thought they could've gotten 'a dollar in nickels' -__-

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He'd be nicer if people stop bothering him so much.

The **** he gets asked makes me get second hand embarrassment.
I can relate

At work I get questions like "Where do I sign, on the line (That says signature on it)?" The answer is yes...

or "How do I fill out this form?" The answer is you read the questions it has on it and put the answer that correspond to them.

Chrono.

So remember when Melee players were booing Smash 4 and chanting 'melee' during the award ceremony both irl and in twitch chat during APEX?

Well the same thing happened during CEO, but now for Guilty Gear:

Honestly, this is absolutely disgusting. I know it doesn't represent all of the Melee players, but Melee players need to show more ****ing respect for other games and their players.

Far out.

/minirant

Edit: Worst part, is that apparently people saying 'tr4sh' so much that people thought they could've gotten 'a dollar in nickels' -__-
Man, I don't want to hate the Melee community. They've been playing an extremely technical game for 15 years now, they're all dedicated and very talented.

But holy **** can they be annoying as ****.

Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom