• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really hate that Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are considered different characters. Why can't there be just one Sonic?
I hope Project 2017 is the last we see of a classic and modern team up.

I apologize for interrupting the Fire Emblem discussion, just something I wanted to vent.

Carry on.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Ive been meaning to get into Fire Emblem since playing the Awakening demo...but.....something else got in the way each time;

Decided to go for KI:U over Awakening, since it was the older title. Then OOT 3D and eshop games. Then I got a Wii U and other games for it. Then 3DS Smash came out. Then more Wii U games. Then eventually decided for Poke Moon over Fates as my second and last 3DS purchase of the year (first being MM 3D which I got 1 yr late).

I'm not gonna get the FE2 remake. Not getting FE:W for New 3DS as I don't have a New 3DS.

Will play FE Heroes and really looking forward to that. Will get FE Warriors IF I can get a Switch. May get FE 2018 after.

Currently considering getting either Fates Birthright or Awakening over the Summer.. HOWEVER : potential Switch purchase, £50+ worth of Steam games, Pikmin 3DS are things that exist. Thoughts?

....the series has no luck with me. :(

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really hate that Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are considered different characters. Why can't there be just one Sonic?

I apologize for interrupting the Fire Emblem discussion, just something I wanted to vent.

Carry on.
To mostly fix an issue.

If you want old school gameplay, then Classic Sonic

Want something new, then Modern Sonic.

Plus older fans and people in their late 20s to their 30s prefer that Sonic without having to get rid of Modern Sonic.

It's to appease a market. A market which nostalgia ****ing sells like crazy and does better than most stuff.

Plus you have a new playstyle and character with making another cringy OC that's almost a DB ripoff again.

Or use their friends which Sonic 06 ****ed that up forever unless Mania saves it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Alm and Celica will get their Amiibos released before freaking Corrin lmao

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still holding out hope for a Chrom amiibo for Fire Emblem Warriors. I also definitely think Celics and Alm have better odds now.

Definitely want Echoes, though I still need to get Fates because lol money. Maybe I can get both in one swoop.

CHROM IN FEW THOUGH. I'm hyped. Got to see my boy Chrom in action.

Yay a Switch Fire Emblem is being developed!

Also Chrom died in the Heroes trailer. That being said Heroes is adorable. The microtransaction system seems pretty similar to Marvel's mobile games like Contest of Champions and Future Fight. Hope it won't be too overbearing. But hey, at least it looks like quite a bit of effort was put into it.

In the end, I'm incredibly excited. Also I can safely say that Chrom is now one of, if not the single, most important Nintendo characters without an amiibo.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
"Your choices will determine the top male and female Heroes. They'll appear in Fire Emblem Heroes in special Choose Your Legends outfits."

Mmkay, so everyone vote for Tharja please. :awesome:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm glad for those who like Fire Emblem Heroes are are planning to get it. That being said, it's not the game for me, as I'm not a fan of games that rely on luck for getting characters(and sometimes, the gameplay as well). Which is another reason why I'm happy that Fire Emblem Warriors is actually a thing, as once the characters happen, I can choose them whenever I want without any luck. And considering how much I really enjoyed Hyrule Warriors and how much I enjoyed how many characters it brought together, I'm very excited for what Fire Emblem Warriors brings and has in the bag. The fact that it's coming in the fall is also great, as long as it's development is going smooth.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Could someone post the Takumi image from the Fire Emblem Heroes website (his standalone art, not with the group) featuring him about to fire his arrow? I'm trying to save the image on my tablet, but it's not saving the image that I want due to how the images are flashing by.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
The Warriors/Musou games look like a scam to me. They all look like the same shallow game that only exist to sell DLC and re-releases with people's favorite characters.They pump out so many of these games very quickly.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Could someone post the Takumi image from the Fire Emblem Heroes website (his standalone art, not with the group) featuring him about to fire his arrow? I'm trying to save the image on my tablet, but it's not saving the image that I want due to how the images are flashing by.
This one?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Carry on.
I like it personally, especially with how they're utilizing it. I could definitely see Classic Sonic being used for smaller, 2D projects like Mania, while Modern Sonic is used for the larger projects. And every once in a while, they merge together, a la Generations and 2017.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Oh dear.

Still, lots of FE Hype.

I can dig it.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've already picked my Waifu from Fates :p

after having to deal with Nintendo not realizing I have an account bs.. nintendo and Hotmail must have an embargo against each other or something because I get nothing from them anymore on Hotmail..

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I looked up the definition of Gaiden and it apparently means "side story" or "tale."

Both of which would be accurate, but. . .it's not too hard to see why they went with Echoes instead. Quite frankly the actual definition has a bit of an "NES simplicity" feel to it.

As for conversation B, Modern Sonic is the better Sonic and if Tails is never playable again I'm going to be very resentful towards a certain (sub)fandom who's blind insanity is ironically the only reason I'm ever getting to play as him again. If Mania didn't have Tails I probably wouldn't even touch it at this point because it's existence reeks of the poison of wrathful people but I need to take anything I can get at this point that isn't an obvious trainwreck waiting to happen like Boom was.

Not that Sonic 06 handled secondary characters well at all, but the fact that something that shouldn't even count as having actual playable characters beyond the three main ones due to how shoved to the side and shoehorned in everyone else was is what sent the dominoes down is even more ridiculous. And then people kept misblaming the reason why everything went downhill in the first place, so we got werewolves and alien powers and swords because the real problem isn't the characters at all, it's that the staff is stuck making mostly Sonic and is freaking bored and keeps derailing it with other playstyles as a result.

It's not that hard to make another character work without making it a completely different type of gameplay, they just refused to people decided to scapegoat the symptom instead of the cause.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So wait...does Fire Emblem Warriors come in March?

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei I'll answer your PM when I get out of hell....I mean work, yes, work.

Ah, Rihanna. You make work sound so easy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I like it personally, especially with how they're utilizing it. I could definitely see Classic Sonic being used for smaller, 2D projects like Mania, while Modern Sonic is used for the larger projects. And every once in a while, they merge together, a la Generations and 2017.
I'm fine with things like Sonic Mania, when they stick to just one Sonic.
It just sort of annoys me when they have the two Sonics together. It was great in Generations and I'm somewhat okay with it Project 2017, but it just sort of makes Classic Sonic feel less special.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Screw you guys.

I like tough women who kick ass while still having a caring side.

I voted for best Waifu.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
< I voted for this handsome fellow over to the left, of course. Don't expect much, but I can dream, right? Also loving all these localised names for Heroes. The FE4 names are all true to their Irish origins, and it's wonderful. I can just imagine all the tongues that will be tied trying to pronounce them. :p
I looked up the definition of Gaiden and it apparently means "side story" or "tale."

Both of which would be accurate, but. . .it's not too hard to see why they went with Echoes instead. Quite frankly the actual definition has a bit of an "NES simplicity" feel to it.
It was originally named "Gaiden" since it was literally a side-story to the original NES Fire Emblem, being set in the same world (albeit a different continent), and featuring a small number of returning characters, such as the Whitewings (Palla, Catria, and Est).
The Japanese version of the remake also has a different title: Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero King (the first being Marth, presumably).

So wait...does Fire Emblem Warriors come in March?
Autumn. They haven't given anything more specific than that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Screw you guys.

I like tough women who kick *** while still having a caring side.

I voted for best Waifu.
> Best Waifu
> Not Cervantes

That's strike one, Swamp...

Now the waiting period begins.

It is February yet?
Screw you guys.

I voted for best Waifu.
Playing only a few chapters of PoR made me love her

She was crazy helpful.
:061:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Admit it guise.

You want Emblemboards again on April 1 with all that new artwork.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
To be fair, they tried with Star Fox but Miyamoto ****ed it up and now it's stuck in limbo again.

Unless they make a Zero port for Switch that fixes the controls and graphics.
It's not just Star Fox though. Other series are in similar positions. You got Star Fox, Mother, F-Zero, Metroid, DK, and a few others. Granted, Metroid, SF, and DK have all had games in the past few years, but to my knowledge (And I'd love to be proven wrong on this), they didn't do that well. Star Fox Zero did help out the franchise a bit, but not as much as I'd hoped. SF has a lot of potential, they just need to hit it right. I bet if DK brought back King K. Rool, the series might pick up some steam. Metroid Prime 4 with Sylux, Mother 3 brought over, new F-Zero game, etc.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
Screw you guys.

I voted for best Waifu.
well at least its not for awakening or fates, which is unfortunately where most of the votes will be for

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You know, after looking at the trailer again, I'm kind of curious what they're going to do with Alm. In the trailer, he pretty much looks and (going by the first scene) acts like your typical FE lord, general nice guy, but going off of what I remember about the script and Awakening DLC, he's more in line with Hector or even Walhart in his actions and mindset then Marth or Corrin. It'll be interesting to see if they keep his ruthlessness from the original games or tone it down to be more in line with the others, though I hope for the former since I think that'd lead to some different storytelling for him and how the war progresses.

Also, someone over at Reddit was kind enough to get all of the name changes for the old guys, feel free to give it a look. Additionally, they changed Raquesis' name back to Lachesis.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Huh. I have no clue where the recap of the Direct I read got March for Warriors, because I was about get excited that at least Warriors would be coming out during Launch month for Switch.

Oh well.

Guess Zelda and Bomberman R it is then.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Dude.

Tropical Freeze sold over a million.

It sold so well they put it in the Nintendo Selects.
That's good to hear. Wasn't familiar with how well Tropical Freeze did in general, but I was under the impression that it somewhat under-performed.

Like I said, I'm glad to have been proven wrong on that one.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
> Best Waifu
> Not Cervantes

That's strike one, Swamp...
Cervantes is a husbando, though, not a waifu.

Although if you like your guys with extreme moustache obsessions then go ahead.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cervantes is a husbando, though, not a waifu.

Although if you like your guys with extreme moustache obsessions then go ahead.
Cervantes' facial hair transcends otaku nomenclature. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom