• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
@Champ Black
@Akxareth

Make America DELETE again

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know that people are trying to calm everyone down about this, and I DO see the good intentions. But I honestly can't agree when I see these
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Solvo is a lesbian btw
This is ****ing horrifying
Hoo boy...

I know people are scared but give it some time.

It's not gonna be that bad.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've been looking up Undertale pics to separate myself from all this talk of moving and the end of the country when I found something pretty freaking cute.

*ahem* what do you get when you take Monster Kid and switch his species?

You get this, yo~♥

I know lots of people don't like the idea of making the monsters in Undertale humans BUT LOOK AT HIM MAN!

Also that's the best Monster Kid (the actual one) design I've seen. Particularly the boots- I like the boots on him.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
He was at least a politician with experience before becoming President though.
Also iirc he never talked about grabbing no ladies by the *****, which is kind of important.
I'd almost prefer people without experience in politics. That just means they're less likely to be a sociopath / demagogue / sophist in my eyes.
Representative democratic systems attract and rewards a specific group of people, and they're not pretty.
Better to be a hot-blooded, aggressive, blunt businessman than a cold-blooded, sociopathic, duplicitous statist.
I know that people are trying to calm everyone down about this, and I DO see the good intentions. But I honestly can't agree when I see these
I sympathize, but the same thing happens whenever anything major politically happens, just to a different group of people. Will we ever know that x more people had traumatic experiences because of which side? No.
It's useless to have our reason swept away by sentiment.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*checks currency market*
*México is super ded*

Y'all better have some sick offers on Black Friday because I have a long list of Nascar diecasts to buy yet.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I cannot say I am happy with today, outside of it being my mother's birthday. I can only hope for a better future for all of us in the years to come.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd almost prefer people without experience in politics. That just means they're less likely to be a sociopath / demagogue / sophist in my eyes.
Representative democratic systems attract and rewards a specific group of people, and they're not pretty IMO.
Better to be a hot-blooded, aggressive businessman than a cold-blooded, sociopathic statist.
It's a shame the vocation comes hand in hand with corruption (people like to act like Hilary is the only corrupt politician, which is pretty laughable), but imo putting the country as the foremost priority reasons that nine times out of ten experience is preferential to "innocence", even if the outsider card nets you a certain subset of support. You want the pilot to know how to drive the vehicle. Keep in mind this doesn't preclude people like Bernie Sanders.

Also you have to be a demagogue and a sophist to leverage the populous, whether you're a politician or not. It comes with the territory. If anything Trump proved that to a T. He's as much a sociopathic, demagogical sophist as you're going to get imo. Not to say Hilary doesn't also possess those traits.

D

Deleted member

Everyone was thinking Clinton was going to win, but I knew better than that, and I told people Trump was going to win so I'm not surprised, just disgusted, but definitely not surprised.

I knew this nation was mostly racist and anti-equality.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone was thinking Clinton was going to win, but I knew better than that, and I told people Trump was going to win so I'm not surprised, just disgusted, but definitely not surprised.

I knew this nation was mostly racist and anti-equality.
You people saying that is exactly why Trump won

Calling everyone racists and misogynists

When you label people and dismiss them they are going to fight back

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Congratulations to Trump supporters, and better luck next time to Clinton supporters. Though I'm sure the majority here are in the latter camp.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
> Get's up at Half 6 to get train to Uni
> Checks Uni site, nothing weird
> Get's to Uni
> Lecturer has a Migraine and sent message after I arrive

fml

D

Deleted member

Ah, the good ole false equivalency. Me telling you the truth had nothing to do with their vote, them relating to human trash did that.

How about just stop being a racist and anti-gay marriage? that would do wonders.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah, the good ole false equivalency. Me telling you the truth had nothing to do with their vote, them relating to human trash did that.

How about just stop being a racist and anti-gay marriage? that would do wonders.
You will lose and continue to lose over and over and over if you continue to keep yourself willingly blind

D

Deleted member

You will lose and continue to lose over and over and over if you continue to keep yourself willingly blind
The only one blind here is you. I've delved into everything this man has done and I live in bloody Texas and lived with rightwing my entire life.

Your statements are ill informed and are in a tight bubble, which is how most of this nation operates.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Looking at youtube and facebook comments.

Psycho is right.

People are talking about beating the extremist left quite a bit.

I feel that if the left didn't push so hard, we would have gotten Clinton.

This was a response to the left gaining a lot of power both politically and socially, just like the period after the hippies.

The moderates went with the other side because it seemed more sane (even if it wasn't).

Granted, this will happen on the flip side as well. We as a nation need to learn to not go to extremes.

Gay marriage isn't going anywhere.

Moreover, you're proving his point. Snarking at his point only makes you look like a tool.

No need to get passive aggressive at Psycho. He did nothing wrong.

And before you say, I wasn't beind passive aggressive at Psycho...

Bull.

The only one blind here is you. I've delved into everything this man has done and I live in bloody Texas and lived with rightwing my entire life.

Your statements are ill informed and are in a tight bubble, which is how most of this nation operates.
Like your opinion is somehow better.

I live in Oregon which has a large conservative and liberal populus.

So much so, that our laws are a hodge podge of both qualities.

Does that make me the most balanced?

No.

Come off it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking at youtube and facebook comments.

Psycho is right.

People are talking about beating the extremist left quite a bit.

I feel that if the left didn't push so hard, we would have gotten Clinton.

This was a response to the left gaining a lot of power both politically and socially, just like the period after the hippies.

The moderates went with the other side because it seemed more sane (even if it wasn't).

Granted, this will happen on the flip side as well. We as a nation need to learn to not go to extremes.Gay marriage isn't going anywhere.

Moreover, you're proving his point. Snarking at his point only makes you look like a tool.

No need to get passive aggressive at Psycho. He did nothing wrong.

And before you say, I wasn't beind passive aggressive at Psycho...

Bull.
Gay Marriage IS going somewhere, you realize this motivations for state managed marriage was so that some states can reverse it? He literally wants to reverse gay marriage. There is no discussion there.

You can try this line of reasoning, but the only Bull here is yourself. You're really gonna use youtube comments to prove your point? You're going to state it was about extreme left idealogy? Hardly.
It's very clear Clinton wasn't instilling hope in the people like Obama was, her messages sucked. I don't see how supporting black people, hispanic, and LGBT is "extreme" of any kind unless you sip on the chalice of bigotry.

Im sorry. You probably wont listen to me but you labling people, it has to stop
Coming from you? That's rich. You were labeling people just the other day, don't get on your high horse all because the person you sided with won.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Wasn't Trump labelling and dismissing people though and yet he won?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not in the same vein as calling and entire group/ an entire race of people bigots, xenophobes, misogynists, racists, etc.

People saying

"All whites are racist"

"All males are sexist"

"All straights are Homophobic"

"All Cis are Transphobic"

etc.

How do people think others are going to react to that?

Do people think calling them horrible people just because of situations of their birth they can't control is going to convince them to join their side?

You can't guilt people into joining your side

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, I guess this post sums up my thoughts pretty much
"only America would elect a leader with no political experience and who has consistently made divisive and discriminatory statements, alienating virtually all minorities in the country, advocating physical violence against opponents, degrading the quality of the democratic debate to insults and personal attacks, and not even respecting their own country enough to pay taxes

the one candidate that would have been immediately disqualified for infringing on basic liberties and making such heinous statements

all because people let themselves be swayed by demagogy, misinformation and non-existent threats like "muh nuclear war"

good ****ing job America

you disgust me"

I don't ****ing care what you say, if you support Trump, you're supporting all of his discrimination, you support discrimination against a large group of people, including me and other users in this very own thread.
Prejudice is not a goddamn opinion, don't act like it was some sort of right, so if you supported Trump and voted for him, you disgust me and I want nothing to do with people like you
If you voted third party, for someone illegible or just didn't vote, you didn't help either
For those thst voted for Hillary, I'm sorry for what you'll have to endure these next four years

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Welp, I guess this post sums up my thoughts pretty much
"only America would elect a leader with no political experience and who has consistently made divisive and discriminatory statements, alienating virtually all minorities in the country, advocating physical violence against opponents, degrading the quality of the democratic debate to insults and personal attacks, and not even respecting their own country enough to pay taxes

the one candidate that would have been immediately disqualified for infringing on basic liberties and making such heinous statements

all because people let themselves be swayed by demagogy, misinformation and non-existent threats like "muh nuclear war"

good ****ing job America

you disgust me"

I don't ****ing care what you say, if you support Trump, you're supporting all of his discrimination, you support discrimination against a large group of people, including me and other users in this very own thread.
Prejudice is not a goddamn opinion, don't act like it was some sort of right, so if you supported Trump and voted for him, you disgust me and I want nothing to do with people like you
If you voted third party, for someone illegible or just didn't vote, you didn't help either
For those thst voted for Hillary, I'm sorry for what you'll have to endure these next four years
Hillary supporters convinced themselves that Trump was the incarnation of Hitler and that he'd start nuclear war

It's just two sides of the same coin

D

Deleted member

Not in the same vein as calling and entire group/ an entire race of people bigots, xenophobes, misogynists, racists, etc.

People saying

"All whites are racist"

etc.

Do people think calling them horrible people just because of situations of their birth they can't control is going to convince them to join their side?

Except Hilary is white and straight, so I don't understand your point.

D

Deleted member

Solvo is a lesbian btw
That to me actually, is a good reason why people should be more calm and not overreact. That's the exact reason why I have remained calm, because if either canidate would win, I'd know that'd I normally freak out and be depressed that this is the end because everyone else around me says it so.

However, I keep an open mind and resist the election depression that everyone tends to get during elections whenever they feel at loss. Sure, if Hillary won, people here would've been happier, but elsewhere people would still pretty miserable and depressed. That's why I feel like the best way to go on is not to blow things out of proportions, it will only make things worse on yourself.

This pretty much. That's why people voted Trump and why the progressive movement is starting to look ridicolous to general people to where they want normalcy, not oversenstive radicals.

This was my point earlier, this is why people are starting to turn against us. You can't just make baseless labeling assumptions, you look ridicolous to the people who don't have a radical bias.

That's not what he means, what he means is that the left are gaining a very loud voice and social power. Hillary would keep that power in check, while Trump would tone it down. Just because you support a canidate for specific reasons doesn't mean you agree on them in every specific way. I mean, there's people that are into everything little detail that Trump says and agree, but the majority of people that voted for him just don't want Hillary and want to shake up the system a bit.

Also, why do people think Trump is going to abolish gay marriage? He said that marriage should be between a man and a woman, sure whatever that's what he thinks, but it was never on his agenda to abolish gay marriage. I don't get why everyone is so afraid of him on that subject. The only evidence of that is Hillary claiming he will, that's about it, and it's pretty much a scare tactic.

Also I find it funny that people who don't vote are somehow bad, when that if you vote for either one for your own specific rasons you're demonized. "It's your job to vote, regardless of who your voting for" *people vote trump* "Damn it, Americans are stupid, I wish those people couldn't vote"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think everyone who voted for Trump was racist. Yeah, there definitely were some but I'd say others were just indifferent to it.

One story a reporter was recounting was a Trump reporter's response to why he supports him, despite his criticisms. They simply said "There's more important things at stake". There were people who voted for him because they genuinely believe he is what America needs.

I don't think he is. I also couldn't just be indifferent to comments I find appalling. For other people, it's a different story. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Trump crazy behavior made people interested in politics more.

Started the year biaseless despising the man,now I can at least recognize him with some kind of respect.

For better or for worse this is the dawn of a new age.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Things are getting way too personal here. Many of you need to stop or take it to PMs:

You can keep your own political stances, but as stated before, be respectful of others' opinions regardless if you agree with them or not. Thank you.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gay Marriage IS going somewhere, you realize this motivations for state managed marriage was so that some states can reverse it? He literally wants to reverse gay marriage. There is no discussion there.
I'm saying it won't.

The move was so widely popular, that removing it would be political suicide and grounds for impeachment.

Even Trump knows that and is why he attempted (not well) to get LGBTQ votes.

You can try this line of reasoning, but the only Bull here is yourself. You're really gonna use youtube comments to prove your point? You're going to state it was about extreme left idealogy? Hardly.
It's very clear Clinton wasn't instilling hope in the people like Obama was, her messages sucked. I don't see how supporting black people, hispanic, and LGBT is "extreme" of any kind unless you sip on the chalice of bigotry.
Supporting those parties wasn't the extreme I was talking about.

Heck if that was it, Clinton would have won hands down.

I was talking about the far far left. The kind that do nothing but shame and attack. Hence why I said, extreme. People associated those people with Clinton whether she deserved it or not.

Eh, slightly different.

Trump insulted people.

But the groups in question shamed people.

I can see the distinction, though both are awful.

Trump crazy behavior made people interested in politics more.
This is sadly the truth.

Trump was the wake up call America needed.

But I don't think voting him in was the solution....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"Only America would elect Trump." Is it only Americans saying those things?

Other places in the world have voted for Brexit, Erdogan, Duterte, and some guy you may or may not have heard of named Hitler. Not to say all those are on equal footing, but it's not just America that makes questionable, marginalizing electoral decisions.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know tensions are high, but I was hoping at least mods wouldn't start liking inflammatory statements like that.

A tip to the mods.

Having one of you like posts like that while another says this...

Things are getting way too personal here. Many of you need to stop or take it to PMs:
sends mixed messages.

--- you're a trooper though. Kudos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want Pokemon to release already so I can take this off of my head

People saying

"All whites are racist"

"All males are sexist"

etc.

"For the oppressors, every reaction of the oppressed is radical and exaggerated"
You act like labeling was such a terrible act against those people when those groups that are fighting back have literally died because of who they are

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"Only America would elect Trump." Is it only Americans saying those things?

Other places in the world have voted for Brexit, Erdogan, Duterte, and some guy you may or may not have heard of named Hitler. Not to say all those are on equal footing, but it's not just America that makes questionable, marginalizing electoral decisions.
Well Godwin's Law has been invoked. It was inevitable but then again, it always is.

EDIT: Discussions regarding Trump are mentioned on the Wikipedia page for Godwin's Law. How fitting for this moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom