• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think it's only because it's World Octopus day... "Oct 8" Octopus.. 8 tentacles. Ye.
It's 8/9 in Japan!

I wonder when the Octolings will be confirmed. With the data mining and the Japanese splat fest, it's just waiting for them to be officially unveiled.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well, @Stealth__ got fed up with the fan base.

He went on GameFAQs, acted civil. . .then made his Twitter account private.

So much for that avenue of information. :/
This is why you don't shoot the messenger. . .hundreds of times. It only makes the messenger less likely to give info. (At least he was civil apparently)
In all honesty, I can't say I feel bad for him.

Anyone who leaks info or claims to know something that they're not sharing should expect to be bombarded with messages begging for more info, and to receive a lot of flak from skeptics. It's no secret that this is the way the fandom reacts to leaks; there's dozens of past examples of people responding to leaks the exact same way.

If he couldn't bear the burden, he should've kept his mouth shut. Or, at the very least, not gone onto a message board to communicate with these people directly. I dunno what he was expecting.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
In all honesty, I can't say I feel bad for him.

Anyone who leaks info or claims to know something that they're not sharing should expect to be bombarded with messages begging for more info, and to receive a lot of flak from skeptics. It's no secret that this is the way the fandom reacts to leaks; there's dozens of past examples of people responding to leaks the exact same way.

If he couldn't bear the burden, he should've kept his mouth shut.
I think you are right, but I do think the fandom needs to mature a little bit. I know Smash fans in particular has been burned by a ton of misinformation and outright lies by people, and we get caught up in the hype...but I think it's reasonable to ask the fandom to be a little more mature at handling and reacting to this kind of stuff.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think you are right, but I do think the fandom needs to mature a little bit. I know Smash fans in particular has been burned by a ton of misinformation and outright lies by people, and we get caught up in the hype...but I think it's reasonable to ask the fandom to be a little more mature at handling and reacting to this kind of stuff.
Telling a fanbase with millions of people in it to all grow up and be mature is nigh impossible.
Even if everyone on Smashboards managed to mature, that'd still leave most people who are "Smash Fans" out of the equation. And many of those people could be immature, or quite literally not adults.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not trying to excuse the fandom's behavior.

But in this situation, it's a safer bet to just not get involved at all than it is to dangle a carrot in front of them and hope they'll ask for it politely.

The fact that people are this invested in a leak that would've been considered completely insignificant if it hadn't been months since the last character release is a testament to how desperate people are for some info. Of the three people involved, Stealth has been the one who's had the most suspicion and doubt placed upon him. He chose to confront people directly, and chose to do it on a section of the Smash community that's notoriously skeptical (the majority of the GameFAQs Smash board wouldn't even humor the possibility of the ESRB leak being real in the first week or so until the Shulk reveal. There were even doubters there after the videos dropped; that's where I heard of the theories of it all being an elaborate Brawl mod with Shulk as an Ike skin and Jr. as a Diddy skin). It just wasn't a bright move for someone who's that incapable of dealing with opposition.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sometimes I cackle that most of the Street Fighter 2 cast is in their 40's and 50's.

Yet they haven't aged any at all. Nor do they look much younger at all in the Alpha series of games either.

Good genes. They all have them.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to excuse the fandom's behavior.

But in this situation, it's a safer bet to just not get involved at all than it is to dangle a carrot in front of them and hope they'll ask for it politely.

The fact that people are this invested in a leak that would've been considered completely insignificant if it hadn't been months since the last character release is a testament to how desperate people are for some info. Of the three people involved, Stealth has been the one who's had the most suspicion and doubt placed upon him. He chose to confront people directly, and chose to do it on a section of the Smash community that's notoriously skeptical (the majority of the GameFAQs Smash board wouldn't even humor the possibility of the ESRB leak being real in the first week or so until the Shulk reveal. There were even doubters there after the videos dropped; that's where I heard of the theories of it all being an elaborate Brawl mod with Shulk as an Ike skin and Jr. as a Diddy skin). It just wasn't a bright move for someone who's that incapable of dealing with opposition.
Not to mention his established "rapport" with the people of Gamefaqs.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People just genuninely think since the Octopi are showing up on the site that the Octolings are finally legitimately becoming playable.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
User was warned for this post
Well, we asked for it...

We just didn't get it in the way we expected...

Image Removed

@rdg121193, I think it was you who brought this up. So tagging you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I need to play a video game. I haven't touch one in at least two weeks...

I'm such a bad gamer.

D

Deleted member

I really don't like playing Splatoon at night.

Too many Japanese scrubs tbh :ohwell:

I'm sitting here carrying teams consisting of level 35 players when I'm only level 17 lol :p
I didn't like it for the opposite reason. I always got rekt by Japanese players. :laugh:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I didn't like it for the opposite reason. I always got rekt by Japanese players. :laugh:
Same. And I always get those really unfair ******* that perch right near your base and if you even so much as try to leave you're dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom