• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Kid Icarus Uprising taught me how good video game music can be. I still have the entire soundtrack as a playlist and I have on multiple occasions listened to the whole thing on one sitting. Before it was background noise.

Now I have entire playlists of video game music from Metroid Prime to pokemon to Kingdom Hearts to Bravely Default to Xenoblade toAce Attorney orchestrals to etc. Its so much nicer to do homework with such wonderful sounds made by game composers instead of nothing.
Kid Icarus: Uprising had a great ensemble of composers.

Motoi Sakuraba, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yuzo Koshiro, Noriyuki Iwadare and Masafumi Takada. Google their names, they're very prominent video game music composers from Japan.

I started appreciating VGM and the artists behind them with Brawl. The big ensemble of composers and the fact every new remix had someone's name attached to it made me realize the importance of music artists in games in a way I hadn't until that point.

And well, I'm about to go to sleep. Unsure if it's a blessing or not to miss the imminent salt. I'm curious about how the stage will turn out to be and, of course, the music selection.

See ya.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Assuming the stage is indeed all we get, do you guys think the eShop can't handle all the pressure again or is that not to be expected this time because it's 'just' a stage? How did that go last DLC anyway?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I thought something had happened.

I read all the pages.

Laughed my *** off at Tony Hawk.

Then cried that Nintendo refuses to acknowledge the Smash update.
All while Sakurai sits away somewhere, laughing at our pain and suffering...
As he reads this thread, his thumb hovers over a single video...
It Reads:
The wolf, the crocodile and the shovel
To upload? Or not to upload? is all that's on Sakurai's mind...

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Next week, Nintendo is going to be flooded with messages from people wanting to know what the results of the ballot were, and they'll be like "wait... what? the Smash Ballot? We announced that on April 1st. That wasn't real. It was an April Fools Joke."

In all fairness they literally have not talked about it at all.

Soul.

They're going to talk about it eventually. In the meantime as they prepare the Ballot stuff there's Big House 5 to waste some time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, they haven't even reminded people of the ballot on social media either.

Which is just strange as well.

D

Deleted member

Moments like these make me remember back when people stayed awake until 4:00 AM to see the new pic of the day.

Ah the pre-release speculation days. Good times, good times.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Let the salt come. If it is just a stage, oh well. It's not the end of the world. If it comes with something else, that's great too. Now I am not putting anyone down or anything and I understand characters have fanbases, but if the salt blows over as days go by, it will be fine in no time. But for now, I think a stage is fine while other content are coming on another date. But hey, that's just me. Besides, they will mention something new on a later date. I am sure.

Edgejeripunk

Smash Cadet
Next week, Nintendo is going to be flooded with messages from people wanting to know what the results of the ballot were, and they'll be like "wait... what? the Smash Ballot? We announced that on April 1st. That wasn't real. It was an April Fools Joke."

In all fairness they literally have not talked about it at all.
I should be laughing at this, but you have actually scared the crap out me right now. Now I'll be unable to sleep :(

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Yeah, they haven't even reminded people of the ballot on social media either.

Which is just strange as well.
Eh, would probably make little difference at this point really. People have had almost 6 months to vote. Maybe they'll do it a few days before it closes, but I wouldnt be surprised if they said nothing.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Moments like these make me remember back when people stayed awake until 4:00 AM to see the new pic of the day.

I don't usually go to sleep til like 6 AM anyway so, it wasn't a problem for me. haha

Eh, would probably make little difference at this point really. People have had almost 6 months to vote. Maybe they'll do it a few days before it closes, but I wouldnt be surprised if they said nothing.
Well, I had posted a theory yesterday of maybe they're so swamped (heh) with ballots that they don't feel like they need to remind anyone. Or maybe they flat out don't want to remind anyone because then this week they'll get so many freakin new entries if they publicly remind people about it, and they basically already have their minds made up, since it was more a suggestion box anyway.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
How long does DLC maintenance normally take? I noticed that the server will go down tonight for about 1 1/2 hours. Seems like a lot for just one stage, but again, I don't remember how long it's normally down. Also, I know sometimes they schedule maintenance for a certain amount of time and it only takes half that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Chrono.

Luigi's nose is stage4.jpg I bet.

A call back to the Trophy stages in Melee.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Say, to pass the time, how about a new discussion?

What's your favorite moment in any video game? This could be a certain scene, Easter egg, etc. I'll start with one of my favorites:
( Warning Story spoiler Ahead)

How you gonna say this is a spoiler to a game, but not say which game? I'm not going to view the video in fear that it's a game I haven't played through yet that I want to.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Edgejeripunk

Smash Cadet
Well mates, I am gonna call it a day. Best wishes to everybody that stays around to witness the epic surprise or the most likely downfall. See ya!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

*War flashbacks to the Week of Menus*

Dark days, those were, I tell ya.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
this thread at the moment
Seriously at this point i'm 99.99% sure were just getting the stage

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember.

The Mario Maker stage was announced around 6:00 PM PST.

If we somehow get news, that seems to be our best bet.

So....two hours to go.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How you gonna say this is a spoiler to a game, but not say which game? I'm not going to view the video in fear that it's a game I haven't played through yet that I want to.
Thanks for catching that, I forgot to add it in, it' s for mystery dungeon explorers of sky, I also just put the link to the scene there rather then embed it due to the video rule.
can I say every moment in every Professor Layton game?
Yes, yes you can.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Remember.

The Mario Maker stage was announced around 6:00 PM PST.

If we somehow get news, that seems to be our best bet.

So....two hours to go.
For absolutely nothing most likely.

And I took a look the Tony Hawk video with the glitches. Seriously this is just a ******* mess! Even Sonic 06 looked more complete than whatever the heck this is suppose to be.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My avatar expresses my mood right now waiting for news.

What's your favorite moment in any video game? This could be a certain scene, Easter egg, etc. I'll start with one of my favorites:
( Warning Story spoiler Ahead) Mystery Dungeon Explorers of sky

I have to think of Earthbound when it comes to moments, earning one of the melodies left me with a strange but positive feeling, even though it's not one my top 10 favorite games.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
this thread at the moment
[\spoiler]
Seriously at this point i'm 99.99% sure were just getting the stage

I see you didn't format properly. It should be a forward slash. Instead you used Shulk's Side Special. :p

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Completely off-topic, saw the retro amiibo 3-Pack at Nintendo World. Didn't get it, but it looks pretty sweet. I did just order a Doc from Target, though, since apparently they're still in stock.
My local Wal-Mart still has a whole bunch of Dr. Marios, there are more of him there than any other amiibo.

Also, the Retro 3 pack amiibos are all really nice, ROB and Duck Hunt are 2 of the best looking amiibos and G&W is incredibly creative.

( Warning Story spoiler Ahead) Mystery Dungeon Explorers of sky

Wonderful 101's final boss. The whole thing. It is a glorious multi-stage grand finale and I love it to death. but . .uhh. spoiler and all :/ The music is amazing as well.

That or Super Metroid's finale. RIP the baby :( That was an emotional fight even though I knew what would happen.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Actually, I think my favorite scene would have to be the first stage of Bayonetta 2 in the plane scene, it introduced me to a ridiculously fantasy woman named Bayonetta, that combined with it's holy crap good music of Moon River was a stand out moment for me.

It's something that will stay cemented in my head for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm really peeved that Nintendo announced the Mario Tennis release date without any new new footage or info.

Grumpy Beam.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
How long does DLC maintenance normally take? I noticed that the server will go down tonight for about 1 1/2 hours. Seems like a lot for just one stage, but again, I don't remember how long it's normally down. Also, I know sometimes they schedule maintenance for a certain amount of time and it only takes half that.
Well... I mean we had an hour of maintenance time recently for literally nothing so... I wouldn't actually consider the maintenance time to mean anything.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wonderful 101's final boss. The whole thing. It is a glorious multi-stage grand finale and I love it to death. but . .uhh. spoiler and all :/ The music is amazing as well.

That or Super Metroid's finale. RIP the baby :( That was an emotional fight even though I knew what would happen.
I still have to beat TW101. I am almost near the end of the game, but the rest of the games in my library have distracted me, especially splatoon and mario maker...

This goes without saying, but prepare for absolutely nothing. It is looking more and more likely by the second we aren't getting anything today. I really dont want to see a whole bunch of rage or something that wasn't even promised. This is one of those where pessimism can save you some anger and maybe an infraction or two. So, you know, prepare for the worst and be happily surprised if you are wrong.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, I'm expecting the stage only.

I'm just mostly puzzled one stage is coming from a man who didn't want to release DLC in a way that made it look like they were just adding cut content one at a time.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While I doubt were getting anything, just watch as the team puts something in only to screw with us. It'd be like MK2, only better.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Great video game moments? Mother 3's ending, that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom