• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Oh yeah, maybe they can use this song for the new stage.

It's catchier than the current Famicom Medley anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
One thing I've noticed about YCG tweeting about the ballot is in some cases they'll say about voting for Shovel Knight, but then other cases they say people should vote for other characters too.
Like in a couple of cases people say they vote for Shovel Knight and they say something like "there are probably other characters you want too right?" or like other things where they imply people shouldn't be voting just for Shovel Knight if that person only talks about voting for Shovel Knight and nobody else.

So that raises the question, do they not want people to only vote for Buttbutt because they know his chances are actually pretty low and they want people to vote for someone they might want that is more likely? Or are they aware some other stuff is already goin down with him? :denzel:
That sounds like they are trying to put people on a guilt trip to me

" I going to vote for Paper Mario "(Im really not)
" Oh but there are other characters you can vote for too, you dont have to vote for him if you don't want to"

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Video proof from SEGA then or I'm not going to concern with it. If Sonic 4 is any indication (or worse, Sonic Genesis), I don't trust SEGA to handle anything from the Classic Era atm.... If I'm wrong and something they do is right with this, then ALL OF MY MONEY NAO.
I haven't downloaded the 1st one but I'm pretty sure it's a perfect port.

So S2 should be fine.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Video proof from SEGA then or I'm not going to concern with it. If Sonic 4 is any indication (or worse, Sonic Genesis), I don't trust SEGA to handle anything from the Classic Era atm.... If I'm wrong and something they do is right with this, then ALL OF MY MONEY NAO.
Generations came out after Episode 1, the games weren't bad and Sonic 2 3D is a 3DS port

One thing I've noticed about YCG tweeting about the ballot is in some cases they'll say about voting for Shovel Knight, but then other cases they say people should vote for other characters too.
Like in a couple of cases people say they vote for Shovel Knight and they say something like "there are probably other characters you want too right?" or like other things where they imply people shouldn't be voting just for Shovel Knight if that person only talks about voting for Shovel Knight and nobody else.

So that raises the question, do they not want people to only vote for Buttbutt because they know his chances are actually pretty low and they want people to vote for someone they might want that is more likely? Or are they aware some other stuff is already goin down with him? :denzel:
Its Schrodinger's Butt.

The Colony 9 song from Xenoblade is absolutely beautiful. Yoko Shimomura is a great artist indeed.

She also worked on Street Fighter II, the Kingdom Hearts series and the Mario & Luigi series. In Smash Bros., she did some remixes, such as Tetris Type A, Magicant and Route 10. She has also remixed her own songs such as Gritzy Desert in Brawl or Ryu Stage in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

I'm a huge fan of VGM and enjoy learning about the artists behind the songs. They deserve all my respect because music is a great part of the experience.
Kid Icarus Uprising taught me how good video game music can be. I still have the entire soundtrack as a playlist and I have on multiple occasions listened to the whole thing on one sitting. Before it was background noise.

Now I have entire playlists of video game music from Metroid Prime to pokemon to Kingdom Hearts to Bravely Default to Xenoblade toAce Attorney orchestrals to etc. Its so much nicer to do homework with such wonderful sounds made by game composers instead of nothing.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The SEGA 3D ports have been top notch so far, I don't see why they'd screw up Sonic 2 of all things.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Fun for you maybe.

I got so uncomfortable I changed my Miis name and told everyone never to call me by my name again lol
Haha, well, I was referring to the pictures day, I don't know about the names thing because I don't visit that thread.

I think I need to make more detailed posts.
I remember seeing people showing pictures of their faces on Smashboards years ago (possibly before I joined), but I don't remember seeing sexy Swamp.
Only like 5 people posted pictures, Swamp was the first.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Did Nintendo just forget they have an update coming up? They have been far too quiet.
They literally have not even mentioned the ballot in months and it ends in a few days. I find that pretty weird also. I said it yesterday, but I'm kind-of guessing they might mention some stuff tomorrow when Mario Maker goes live about upcoming DLC, and a reminder to vote in the Ballot...?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm going to guess that you haven't seen their recent Sonic ports since 2011? They all have been pretty great!

If you have a phone or any sort of android device with a controller, I recommend checking out Sonic CD, 1 and 2 Remasters. They have extra content. (Wide screen, new playable characters such as Tails(in all 3 games)/Knuckles (only in 1 and 2) with their Sonic 3 abilities, and Hidden Palace Zone) Sonic CD is also on PS3/360/PC, but sadly not the other 2.

The 3DS version of Sonic 1 and 2 are different ports, but they're basically the same games as the Genesis version but with 3D. (Sonic 1 also has spindash). Worth checking out if you don't like the iOS/Android option or want them in 3D.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Haha, well, I was referring to the pictures day, I don't know about the names thing because I don't visit that thread.

I think I need to make more detailed posts.
Oh lol that was way before I joined I think.

I was unfortunate and got stuck in the "shipping" moment

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I do believe more DLC is coming, the ballot has to mean something. But I don't think any additional (besides maybe another stage, since there's some evidence) is coming tomorrow. Do you think there is?
I want to believe.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Generations came out after Episode 1, the games weren't bad and Sonic 2 3D is a 3DS port
Generations Classic Sonic still wasn't a 1 to 1 comparison to the Classic Engine to a tee, but you have a point it was at least trying compared to StH4. But hearing this port it seems is good this time, that's cool then....

Now where's my S3D&K when?

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
If Nintendo is quiet about something, they will find a way to wow us when we least expect it. That's the best part about it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly, I don't even know if I want to get Sonic 2 on 3DS since I already have the Taxman remakes lol. But who knows, I might cave in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Generations Classic Sonic still wasn't a 1 to 1 comparison to the Classic Engine to a tee, but you have a point it was at least trying compared to StH4. But hearing this port it seems is good this time, that's cool then....

3DS Generations got it right, not to mention 4 was trying to have nostalgia and be it's own thing, it's not bad, but it doesn't emulate the classics 100%. I played Sonic 1 3D and it's just like the original, it's pretty much Virtual Console. Taxman did a great Sonic 2 port iirc

Be patient

Chrono.

I'm still sad the other Taxman remakes never went on consoles and I find playing on the iOS kinda uncomfortable.

Naoshi

Funny enough, the very company responsible for Sonic 4 did Sonic Generations 3DS with physics that were pretty accurate (for the most part). Not 1:1 but it was great. The game itself though, was pretty mediocre half of the times.

With that said, I think Generations HD was still very good, even if the physics weren't accurate to the games, the game was built around what Generations had and worked with it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The SEGA 3D ports have been top notch so far, I don't see why they'd screw up Sonic 2 of all things.
I'm going to guess that you haven't seen their recent Sonic ports since 2011? They all have been pretty great!

If you have a phone or any sort of android device with a controller, I recommend checking out Sonic CD, 1 and 2 Remasters. They have extra content. (Wide screen, new playable characters such as Tails(in all 3 games)/Knuckles (only in 1 and 2) with their Sonic 3 abilities, and Hidden Palace Zone) Sonic CD is also on PS3/360/PC, but sadly not the other 2.

The 3DS version of Sonic 1 and 2 are different ports, but they're basically the same games as the Genesis version but with 3D. (Sonic 1 also has spindash). Worth checking out if you don't like the iOS/Android option or want them in 3D.
Oh, I was not aware of any Classic Sonic ports that wasn't Genesis on the GBA (other than that one of Sonic CD I heard of before) so my perspective on that was misinformed, sorry. I'm glad that they are handling the classic era games well porting them over to the newer systems... now if they just had the nerve to just make more 2D based Sonic games like the Classic Era, and just handled the Unleashed-Generations formula for the 3D ones instead, then things may start to look better for SEGA and Sonic Team with Sonic games.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favorite Sonic game, Generations is probably my second favorite. It went back to the more open level designs of the originals and even though the classic physics weren't spot on it's still really fun.

Naoshi

Oh, I was not aware of any Classic Sonic ports that wasn't Genesis on the GBA (other than that one of Sonic CD I heard of before) so my perspective on that was misinformed, sorry. I'm glad that they are handling the classic era games well porting them over to the newer systems... now if they just had the nerve to just make more 2D based Sonic games like the Classic Era, and just handled the Unleashed-Generations formula for the 3D ones instead, then things may start to look better for SEGA and Sonic Team with Sonic games.
Yeah, I would love that. Kind of like what Nintendo is doing for their 2D and 3D Mario & Zelda games.

Have 2D Sonic games be classic-style while 3D is modern-style. Would be perfect for me!

Tony Hawk continues to embarrass itself.

Also Jontron is secretly a pretty good singer
I suspect editing
Like damn, mans got some lungs on him.

Just learned Star Wars Republic Commando is on steam. I ****ing love that game and it is tempting to buy a second time. I have no money for these things though. . . Where is another steam sale when you need it?

About to download photoshop. expect a fake leak in a few days :troll:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did Nintendo just forget they have an update coming up? They have been far too quiet.
It actually be really funny if tomorrow the stage didn't release and they just didn't stay anything. Then someone tweets them, and they go:

" Oh yeah that's a thing!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tony Hawk continues to embarrass itself.

Also Jontron is secretly a pretty good singer
I suspect editing
Like damn, mans got some lungs on him.

Just learned Star Wars Republic Commando is on steam. I ****ing love that game and it is tempting to buy a second time. I have no money for these things though. . . Where is another steam sale when you need it?

About to download photoshop. expect a fake leak in a few days :troll:
It's not even really a secret, haha. He's classically trained and has a degree in musical theater. :p

D

Deleted member

"3 pages in one hour? News must have happened!"
*gender talk*
"You see kids, this why you don't trust numbers in this thread"
And I think Butt Butt sneaked in the middle of the discussion goddamnit he's the new Ridley or what?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Completely off-topic, saw the retro amiibo 3-Pack at Nintendo World. Didn't get it, but it looks pretty sweet. I did just order a Doc from Target, though, since apparently they're still in stock.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well its almost time for dlc only a handful of hours to go untill dlc day
But the future refused to change

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know, every time I read the title thread, I'm reminded of "No time for love Desktop thread".

Also #DLCDisappointment

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I thought something had happened.

I read all the pages.

Laughed my ass off at Tony Hawk.

Then cried that Nintendo refuses to acknowledge the Smash update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom