• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ya know, with all the waiting we've been doing, I think I'm pretty much ready and willing for whatever the DLC and ballot may hold.
If it's one of my top picks, heck yeah.
If it's a character I know quite a bit about, cool.
If it's a character I'm familiar with, neat.
If it's someone I don't care for, hey, maybe their moveset will give me some more substance for em.
If it's a top pick that only ends up as a costume, hey, it's better than nothing.
If it's someone I know little to nothing about, all the more reason to play the series they originate from. I might have never gotten into Mother, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, or even Metal Gear if it wasn't for Smash.
I just want SOMETHING. =P

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say that much. I've never been an Isaac support or ever played the games, but Isaacs big chance was during the Brawl days so he had a big push then. Isaac had a decent push preSmash 4, but it wasn't anywhere as large as some of the other characters, like Chrom, Palutena, K Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley. Isaac's push for ballot DLC seems to be that "its now or never/ heres our one chance" to make him happen. I hope Isaac gets in (alongside K Rool), because his fans have fought very very hard for him. If someone like Shovel Knight gets in over Isaac, that will just feel like the biggest kick in the groin.
If a character like Shovel Knight made it in, I can't say they would have "made it in over" anybody. Like if for example K. Rool doesn't get in now, he probably didn't have much hope in the first place.

The more I think about it, the weirder it is. K. Rool is allegedly so popular worldwide, yet he never makes the cut. If he doesn't make it in now, I think it would be obvious that they either have no vision for the character or they want to focus on new characters rather than ones who haven't had a significant role since most current Smash players were even born.

I'm not trying to hate on K. Rool though- just thinking aloud.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's funny how few "sure fire" charaters are left for Smash. Sure, a character like Chibi Robo or Bandanna Dee makes sense, and another Donkey Kong rep seems likely for future games, but I don't think many characters are shoo-ins anymore.

Honestly, Inklings are the probably the only character(s) I feel comfortable saying are 100% locks for Smash in the future (regardless of whether or not they are DLC).

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It's funny how few "sure fire" charaters are left for Smash. Sure, a character like Chibi Robo or Bandanna Dee makes sense, and another Donkey Kong rep seems likely for future games, but I don't think many characters are shoo-ins anymore.

Honestly, Inklings are the probably the only character(s) I feel comfortable saying are 100% locks for Smash in the future (regardless of whether or not they are DLC).
I don't think there are any locks either, which makes speculation kinda fun again (and stressful).

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Surprising and/or saddening Mii costumes...

Isaac
Geno(lol)
Shantae(lol)
Ridley
Dixie
Daisy

I also think Isaac has a chance of being Mii'd.
I'd wear this and kick *** in Tourney mode with the dress on

Also, I salute you for getting an aMiibo. Im getting all 3

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Two more DLC slots seem guaranteed. Four seems unlikely. Six is wishful thinking.
I wasn't talking about six more characters lol. I was refering to the six slots (four occupied by Ryu, Roy, Lucas and Mewtwo) in the games code. I'm hoping for at least two more after those two slots in the game's code are filled. Sorry for any misunderstanding XD.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah same here, I had a similar vibe about Animal Crossing years back and then Villager happened. lol

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think there are any locks either, which makes speculation kinda fun again (and stressful).
It's going to be a strange time when Smash 5 is announced. Dixie, K. Rool, Toad, Ridley, and Bandanna Dee have to be on the top of my list of first party characters that "deserve" spots in future games. Panel de Pon, Excite, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, and obviously Splatoon are unrepped series that could support characters. A lot of e-shop and retro potentials as well.

I almost feel like cut vets will be a bigger concern than new comers for me in Smash 5.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Hey, so I had a thought...

What if instead of a character, we end up getting a new game mode that Sakurai has been hinting at? I don't think it'd be too unreasonable for the team to work on something like that while the ballot is still open.

I REALLY want an adventure mode. Not subspace, but like Melee. Just go around levels inspired by various series and beat the crap out of mooks.

Heck, with how many enemies Smash Run has they could finally be put to use on consoles. Maybe even beef up some stage bosses and sprinkle 'em in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if instead of a character, we end up getting a new game mode that Sakurai has been hinting at? I don't think it'd be too unreasonable for the team to work on something like that while the ballot is still open.

I REALLY want an adventure mode. Not subspace, but like Melee. Just go around levels inspired by various series and beat the crap out of mooks.

Heck, with how many enemies Smash Run has they could finally be put to use.
I doubt we would get an adventure mode as DLC, it's too much work
Though I really want Break the Targets back, even if it works like it did in Brawl

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Heck, with how many enemies Smash Run has they could finally be put to use on consoles. Maybe even beef up some stage bosses and sprinkle 'em in.
Smash Run on Wii U?

A man can dream, can't he? :cry:

Last edited:

Chrono.

I don't think we'll get any more modes as DLC apart from what was already being worked on (Tournament), the dev team for DLC is smaller anyways and Characters/Stages/Balancing are likely the priority.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't think we'll get any more modes as DLC apart from what was already being worked on (Tournament), the dev team for DLC is smaller anyways and Characters/Stages/Balancing are likely the priority.
They probably have at least one mode planned.

After all, Sakurai made that comment after Tournament mode was revealed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To quote a band that dares to imagine fiery creatures of great power...

''Welcome to the new age, welcome to the new age..."

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I agree on Inklings for future Smash games. Smash 4 is 50/50

It's going to be a strange time when Smash 5 is announced. Dixie, K. Rool, Toad, Ridley, and Bandanna Dee have to be on the top of my list of first party characters that "deserve" spots in future games. Panel de Pon, Excite, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, and obviously Splatoon are unrepped series that could support characters. A lot of e-shop and retro potentials as well.

I almost feel like cut vets will be a bigger concern than new comers for me in Smash 5.
Oh yeah. Veterans will actually bring in bigger hype IMO since we can count all the newcomers and DLC fighters.

But I'm not looking forward to the :4lucina:vs:4feroy: flamewars and everything regarding :4darkpit::4greninja::4robinm:&:4ryu:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Robin will likely get a pass as...
  • No one can really replace him.
  • People will finally understand that FE characters don't just get cut cuz their old
:4feroy:vs:4lucina: will be terrible.

As will :4drmario::4darkpit:.

:4greninja: will probably be okay. All Gamefreak needs to do is turn him into the next :4lucario:.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Since we're talking Smash 5. Do you think they'll bring back Namco, or will we get a new developer?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Since we're talking Smash 5. Do you think they'll bring back Namco, or will we get a new developer?
Honestly I hope they bring back Namco.

Namco hosts Tekken which is pretty much the closest thing to a quality fighter you can get after Street Fighter.

That team's presence on Smash Brothers is AMAZING.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
  • People will finally understand that FE characters don't just get cut cuz their old

:4greninja: will probably be okay. All Gamefreak needs to do is turn him into the next :4lucario:.
I'm more faithful in Doc than most people. Forbidden 7 and all.

Third party characters will be more tamed than before since I think they'll go with same route for them before. IMO I think all vets will return sans a few. I'm actually in the belief that some character might get left in the dust. But I can't wait for the eventual ":4wiifit:NOT COMING BACK GUISE" only for her to get a :4lucario:/:4tlink: style reveal where it's nothing but salt.

AreJay25

Honestly I hope they bring back Namco.

Namco hosts Tekken, which is pretty much, the closest thing to a quality fighter you can get after Street Fighter.

That team's presence on Smash Brothers is AMAZING.
Agreed. They did a fantastic job with Sm4sh. They can only do better.

What's this I hear about Smash news this week?
Just speculation currently. Nothing's confirmed yet.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for "Greninja and Lucario aren't coming back, they always cut two Pokemon characters from the last game!"
And "[input unpopular newcomer here] isn't coming back, it was a one time thing only!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokemon and the clones definitely will be a mess. On the one hand Lucina has become one of the poster-girls of FE as Xzone proves. On the other Roy was brought back from fan demand and making him DLC over and over again would be awward if he becomes a "premium character" for lack of a better term. And if we get both then people will be angry anyway. not to mention the issue of decloning bringing a whole new mess of problems.

Dark Pit brings the aura of overrepping with him. (unfortunately)
Doc doesn't seem like he would be too problematic arguing wise.

As for pokemon they are ALWAYS an issue. Mewtwo lucario and greninja all "competing" and there has to be SOMEONE new. The question is who.

After clones and Ridley . . .the largest problem i forsee is LoZ. Impa (probably) won't have Hyrule warriors backing her up, Tetra/toon zelda wont have WWHD. Ghirahim (probably) won't have that the most recent game featured him. midna will have fallen further into irrelevancy. Ganon will still have beast ganon and generally being a weird pick against him. Tingle will still be tingle

So that will certainly be a bloodbath as everyone scrambles to decide who the next zelda rep for everyone to clamor for. Hopefully it is Midna or tetra

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tbh i cant see any smash 4 newcomer getting cut besides maybe Ryu
Eh. Ryu is pretty safe IMO.

Sakurai loves Street Fighter and views it as the essential fighting game (as it is), he's also just a hop away from dealing with the US division of Mega Man's company.

I forsee Snake is going to start a ''LOL THERE'S ALWAYS ONE THIRD PARTY CHARACTER THAT GETS CUT!"

Last edited:

AreJay25

Since :4darkpit: and :4lucina: took so little time to develop, I think they're actually pretty likely to come back. :4drmario: too.

Only question is, will Sakurai add more clones in the next game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Pokemon and the clones definitely will be a mess. On the one hand Lucina has become one of the poster-girls of FE as Xzone proves. On the other Roy was brought back from fan demand and making him DLC over and over again would be awward if he becomes a "premium character" for lack of a better term. And if we get both then people will be angry anyway. not to mention the issue of decloning bringing a whole new mess of problems.

Dark Pit brings the aura of overrepping with him. (unfortunately)
Doc doesn't seem like he would be too problematic arguing wise.

As for pokemon they are ALWAYS an issue. Mewtwo lucario and greninja all "competing" and there has to be SOMEONE new. The question is who.

After clones and Ridley . . .the largest problem i forsee is LoZ. Impa (probably) won't have Hyrule warriors backing her up, Tetra/toon zelda wont have WWHD. Ghirahim (probably) won't have that the most recent game featured him. midna will have fallen further into irrelevancy. Ganon will still have beast ganon and generally being a weird pick against him. Tingle will still be tingle

So that will certainly be a bloodbath as everyone scrambles to decide who the next zelda rep for everyone to clamor for. Hopefully it is Midna or tetra
Zelda doesn't seem bad probably due to because they'll bandwagon Zelda Wii U's new villain or side character.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem will suffer through the same problems especially considering if Gen 7 happens and Fates/Embooru #FE exist.

The biggest problems are gonna happen in this franchise more so::4fox:. And that depends if Wolf comes back because Zero is gonna start giving people ideas. And there's Krystal's fanbase

:4dk::4samus::4pit: Are gonna be the same as usual

Since :4darkpit: and :4lucina: took so little time to develop, I think they're actually pretty likely to come back. :4drmario: too.

Only question is, will Sakurai add more clones in the next game.
According to what Sakurai said in interviews, he might no come back to Smash at all. It may seem BS now but considering he doesn't want another environment like Smash 4 again and Iwata was the reason he was doing the games post-Melee, he might really be done.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Eh. Ryu is pretty safe IMO.

Sakurai loves Street Fighter and views it as the essential fighting game (as it is), he's also just a hop away from dealing with the US division of Mega Man's company.

I forsee Snake is going to start a ''LOL THERE'S ALWAYS ONE THIRD PARTY CHARACTER THAT GETS CUT!"
Actually, I think Ryu and Megaman would both be potentially on the characters on the chopping block...depending on a lot of factors. I think Sakurai does try to bring everyone back, and external issues might have been the reason behind Snake's departure.

With Lucina appearing in a lot of other games, I could see her being Luigified in the next game. Dark Pit is debatable.

D

Deleted member

At this point, it's too early to predict cuts. For example, I've seen some speculate that Ryu may be a one-time guest character just as Snake was, but we don't know the actual reason why Snake was cut in the first place.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Cutting Mega Man would be like the closest to the nuclear meltdown you could get of cutting Sonic.

Snake's outrage is nothing compared to what would happen if you cut Mega Man.

There's a reason he was the second newcomer revealed.

AreJay25

All of the third parties present are on good terms with Nintendo. I'd say all 4 of them returning is very plausible, unless they start butting heads at some point.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Actually, I think Ryu and Megaman would both be potentially on the characters on the chopping block...depending on a lot of factors. I think Sakurai does try to bring everyone back, and external issues might have been the reason behind Snake's departure.

With Lucina appearing in a lot of other games, I could see her being Luigified in the next game. Dark Pit is debatable.
I'd say external issues are the reason Snake isn't back, in you haven't heard, Konami is apparently stopping production of all AAA games, aka killing themselves even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom