• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know? Why don't we play some Would you rather? I'll start of the first question.
Would you rather have your favorite character just as a trophy or have him/her be playable except your the only one who can't use him/her?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, I remember he was going to make a sequel using new models but he never made anymore progress with it.
Well, reading the description of the video, I remembered he now has a career at Bioware and with that, it's understandable why he couldn't continue something that may or may not cause legal issues/ waste his time with his job and stuff. But, oh well, would have be pretty cool all the same, hope his career worked out for him.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I personally feel Ganondorf is in his prime in this game.
Perfect balance of speed and Power.
I want to see more of him and R.O.B in tournaments.
Because the two have so much potential. Especially the Gyro's :4rob:
I've been keeping R.O.B. alive in our local tourney scene. I actually consider him a counter to Pikachu.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Why can't this be real?

I know this is an animation, but come on, ALL OF MY MONEY if this was legit.

Also, this too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheLcReirz8 <- SEGA/Sonic Team, this can be done. Why can't you do it?
This video probably inspired Mushroom Hill Zone classic in Sonic Generations on 3DS and I heard other people say this as well at the time.

As for why they haven't made an engine that better replicates the classic physics, who knows, I hope it happens in the future.

Chrono.

Why can't this be real?

Also, this too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheLcReirz8 <- SEGA/Sonic Team, this can be done. Why can't you do it?
The first one looks alright, but the second one looks lifeless imo, which is something really common with these fan made remakes I see on YT.

Including the Kakariko Village one that's been floating around recently.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The first one looks alright, but the second one looks lifeless imo, which is something really common with these fan made remakes I see on YT.

Including the Kakariko Village one that's been floating around recently.
I think the second video was just a proof of concept, only focusing on just making the physics 1 to 1 like the Classic Sonic games.

But if it continued into something bigger, then, again, take all of my money.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why can't this be real?

It's animation..
I long for the day Sonic games move with that much fluidity. As it stands the most recent attempts at recreating classic Sonic were stiff and awkward.

Speaking of Mushroom Hill.

Also, this is an excellent mod. Actually uses the strange physics of Sonic Adventure DX to it's advantage.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Speaking of Mushroom Hill.

I do have to admit.
I miss when 3d Sonic games were fully 3d.
I hate how they keep adding 2d into the mix, especially when they had Sonic 4 going and most notably Classic Sonic in generations along side Modern Sonic doing 2d/3d. Lost world is the worst for it in my opinion because of the transitions.
It's another reason why I like seeing the mods for generations. Because they mostly stick with 3d.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
This video probably inspired Mushroom Hill Zone classic in Sonic Generations on 3DS and I heard other people say this as well at the time.
That might be a bit of a stretch. I think that stage was going to be in Generations 3DS regardless of the video. Sonic Generations was planned for a long time, even before this video. Mushroom Hill just happened to be the level chosen for the 3DS game.

Mushroom Hill was a very likely candidate for Sonic & Knuckles representation after Sky Sanctuary.

Megaboyzzz

Smash Rookie
Not sure if were talking about unleash but i would have liked it more if sonic was the daytime levels and knuckles replaced the werehog.Like the plot could be the same just sonic wouldn't turn into a stupid werewolf

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I just thought about this after visiting the DLC character thread.
What if we get an announcement like we did at E3 for a NEW Content Approaching sort of announcement.~
Because if I recall that was announced on it's own through Twitter right?
Oh and I want ask you guys.
How many characters do you think we are getting through DLC.
I am saying 12.

Naoshi

Not sure if were talking about unleash but i would have liked it more if sonic was the daytime levels and knuckles replaced the werehog.Like the plot could be the same just sonic wouldn't turn into a stupid werewolf
I don't feel it's a great solution personally. Like I feel the one issue is that Knuckles doesn't have stretchy arms, so they'd have to redo the combat around.

Personally, I don't have too much of the problem of the existence of the Werehog itself, but rather the gameplay. I feel switching between high speed and slow combat levels just doesn't work in terms of flow.

Chrono.

What if we get an announcement like we did at E3 for a NEW Content Approaching sort of announcement.~
I am saying 12.
Yeah, it was announced roughly a week in advance on Twitter.

So if we were getting another announcement, it'd be this Wednesday, maybe later.

As for characters, I'm settling on 4 for this wave: 2 final Sakurai picks, 2 Ballot characters. So 8 characters in total.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm expecting a second character bundle with 4 characters, but for the next update I'm expecting just one character, but I wouldn't be surprised if all we got were announcements.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I am saying 12.
At the moment, I'd say 8.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, 8 sounds about right.

Unless Sakurai wants a 3rd pack. Speaking of which, how likely do you guys think that is?

Chrono.

Unless Sakurai wants a 3rd pack. Speaking of which, how likely do you guys think that is?
I imagine he wants to take a break by now lol

I don't expect a 3rd pack but if it happens, it happens.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm still gonna be a misery-guts and say we get two more MAX.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm expecting two characters, but 3 is possible.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Not impossible. 12 is literally the maximum I could see. Quite unrealistic, and I'd rather not air on the side of thinking there'll be a lot and getting myself disappointed.

If I'm right about us getting 2 more characters on the 30th, then I'd say 8-10 total is realistic.

Naoshi

I'm expecting 8 total (Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu and Roy + 4 others)

12? I don't see it happening but... who knows?

Last edited:

Naoshi

Why can't this be real?

If we're talking about physics, then okay, those seem pretty great (although the first video shouldn't count because as you said, it's an animation, actual gaming physics are a completely different thing).

If I'm going to be honest, as far as visual goes, I don't think the graphics should be like that. It looks nice, but stylistically it doesn't give the Sonic vibe better than what Sega accomplished with their last few outings with the Hedgehog Engine.

And the last video doesn't look very good visually. I get that this is a test level, but the visual style is really unappealing. Like Sonic's pallete looks so dull and damped. Also, I am kind of not a fan of the bloom/blur stuff UE4 has. Hopefully they'll address that.

I think Sega's graphics in regards to Unleashed/Colors/Generations works much better.

EDIT: For the record, there is a 2.5D Sonic with physics that mostly mimics the Sega Genesis games. That game would be Sonic Generations for 3DS (made ironically by Dimps, the same devs behind Sonic 4). Shame the game is somewhat mediocre, but the game controlled pretty well. But all Sega needs to do make an engine that mimics that game's physics (with a lot of touch ups/improvements) with beautiful graphics like in Unleashed/Generations.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I main R.O.B. quite often, he and bowser are the two I use the most online, both of whom, I seem to be fairly good with Can't wait till I get my R.O.B. amiibo in five days!

As for DlC:I could see 12 characters, but I see 8-10 being more likely. ( this is total, not more.)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone who's played Xenoblade here has any tips for defeating the Solidum Telethia?

This has to be the most annoying boss I've faced so far in this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom