• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't hate Toon Ganondorf. He's fine. I just don't think he's a particularly good version of Ganondorf IMO.

I just don't need Ganondorf to be someone who is a character who you can sympathize or get or say ''Yeah, I can see why..."

Some villains are just better being evil for the sake of being evil.

To me?

He's one of those.
If I wanted a villan that was evil for the sake of being evil, I'd be more akin to something like Gigyas or Majora. Entities of few words that want nothing more than to destroy, or conquer in some cases. "Creatures" can get away without having big motivation.
But if I'm dealing with a villan that is SOMEWHAT human and has clear reason and motivation, and can CONVEY those through words, I'm gonna need more than "Take over the world". That's Ganondorf in most cases. Whenever he babbles in other games, I don't feel afraid, or angry, or ready for a fight, I feel "Ugh, can't mash B fast enough, shut up so I can kill you." That is not a good villan. That is an object.
Demise vs. Girahim is a good comparison. Do people give a **** about Demise? No, you only see him at the end, he never antagonizes you or confronts you, you just hear his name here and there. Even then they barely talk about him. That is an OBJECT.
Girahim, however, is also evil just to be evil. But he has attitude. He's expressive. And creepy. He LOVES being evil for the sake of being evil. That's the difference: Monster Vs Human.
Hell, Ganon vs. Ganondorf is a good example. When I see Ganon, I'm all "That evil thing has to DIE". He's Ganondorf's power lust incarnite. When I see Ganondorf, I see a man. Er... Gerudo. A man needs to leave an impact on me to be more than just "A Man". OoT Ganon doesn't do that, you only really encounter him one in the middle of the game, then he takes Zelda right before the end. Twilight Princess he shows up at the end with no impact (Much like Girahim, Zant is far more interesting). Wind Waker? You SEE him at the beginning of the game. He sees you. Tosses you aside like trash. You hear the horror stories about him from the King of Red Lions. You confront him after fighting your way to the Master Sword, feeling more powerful. He once again tosses you aside like trash. You reforge the blade, and then find out he already is a step ahead of you. You enter his tour, walk up the staircase, he explains his plight and sends a puppet at you. You beat it, reach him, he once again overpowers you and tells you it isn't you he wants... eh, I'm just rambling at this point.
Regardless, you don't like him as much, that's whatever. Tastes are tastes. I just hate the "evil for being evil" argument. It's like in a cartoon when the antagonists say "Of course we are! We're the bad guys!". I hate that so much.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Anyone else think we'll get a vet and newcomer on the 30th, if we get a character at all?
Absolutely.

I'm thinking we're at least getting Wolf. Newcomer wise, I couldn't say.

Kidd Zeal please

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Anyone else think we'll get a vet and newcomer on the 30th, if we get a character at all?
I am not very skeptical more 50/50 on the matter.

Also the fact wolf is a shoo-inner makes me more skeptical on it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I wouldn't count on a 2nd vet.

If we get a newcomer, it'd have be to from an already repped series because of the DLC stage order on the website.

D

Deleted member

Mfw you don't expect anything else besides the Mario Maker stage and Mii Costumes

Last edited by a moderator:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Beat plague of shadows , had good twists on gameplay,but I have some nitpicks:
-More items than the core game,but most of them are useless.
-Bosses easily exploitable with the bombs mechanics.
-I expected more for the plot A.K.A.
Intersectable storyline with the main campaign rather than alternate universe/events stuff.
-Belmont Syndrome

Makes me wonder how the king and specter knight campaigns will work,while the former I don't expect too much,the latter has some interesting mechanics.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I wouldn't count on a 2nd vet.

If we get a newcomer, it'd have be to from an already repped series because of the DLC stage order on the website.
I forgot about that. This practically means that it's unlikely Shovel Knight will be in this patch (provided he actually comes with a stage of course.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Beat plague of shadows , had good twists on gameplay,but I have some nitpicks:
-More items than the core game,but most of them are useless.
-Bosses easily exploitable with the bombs mechanics.
-I expected more for the plot A.K.A.
Intersectable storyline with the main campaign rather than alternate universe/events stuff.
-Belmont Syndrome

Makes me wonder how the king and specter knight campaigns will work,while the former I don't expect too much,the latter has some interesting mechanics.
I didn't find the bosses exploitable
Attacking speed and lack of downward thrust balance out the infinite projectiles which are already hard to aim agaisnt certaon bosses
It was intersectable up until the Tower of Fate levels
Which is good imo because the focus can be on Plague Knight instead of Butt Butt
And what do you mean with Belmont sydrome?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hey look guys another totally legit text leak.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72521172

Ok guys, I'm kinda new to gamefaqs, and I've got a new leak here. I've kept up with sources since smash 4 was announced, and but they never came through, so take this leak with a grain of salt, since there are so many out there. Why Gamefaqs? I think you guys here have the best responses on the Internet, and I'll just have a lot of fun reading the comments, if you believe me or not.

This leak, I was told, is about two months old.

DLC Chars

-Shovel Knight
Confirmed. The reason why Yacht Club and Ninty were debating for almost a year is because of his inclusion into Smash. Ninty wanted him, but Yacht Club wanted an Amiibo for their game, and not a separate Smash one. He's done well on the ballots, and so Ninty said ok, because they now want him because of a bit of popularity. There can be only one Shovel Knight Amiibo! He'll have skins based on his different armies in the game.

-Wolf
Sakurai has heard your cries, you will see him soon. He'll be almost exactly like his brawl counterpart, but will be a bit more viable competitively because of better damage/speed/knock back balance.

-A new Zelda rep
My source wanted to keep this one quiet. He said he wanted to keep the surprise safe. He said most will be pleased though.

-Shantae
She has been doing fairly well in polls and ballots. Ninty was in talks to bring her in, and seemed almost confirmed. (Remember, this info is two months old, so she could be finalized by now.)

Contenders:
This list here is of characters that have been doing well in the Smash ballot. My source told me a list of the highest voted chars that had a possiblity of making it into Smash. He did not know of any had been chosen yet. These are not in any order.

King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Daisy
Geno
Sora
Mickey Mouse (I'm dead serious)
Dante (DMC)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Steve (Minecraft. No idea why my source listed him, there's almost no chance in my opinion)
Krystal
Zero (Mega Man)

He said there are others in consideration, but these are the ones who had the best chances.

And yes, there will be a new version of Boss Battles. My source did not give me any info on it, but he said it was in the works.

He did not list stages.

Hope you all enjoy. We'll see soon enough if my source was true.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I didn't find the bosses exploitable
Attacking speed and lack of downward thrust balance out the infinite projectiles which are already hard to aim agaisnt certaon bosses
It was intersectable up until the Tower of Fate levels
Which is good imo because the focus can be on Plague Knight instead of Butt Butt
And what do you mean with Belmont sydrome?
The only bosses I had a hard time was Propeller knight cuz' ricochet and Polar knight cuz' spikes,I think the exploit as a bigger example comes on the Tinker knight boss fight,while on the core game we had to struggle to climb up the bot,the jump potion platform mechanics makes a piece of cake.
The plot is more a personal complain.
Belmont syndrome cuz annoying knockback.:upsidedown:
Why Gamefaqs? I think you guys here have the best responses on the Internet
Fake

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only bosses I had a hard time was Propeller knight cuz' ricochet and Polar knight cuz' spikes,I think the exploit as a bigger example comes on the Tinker knight boss fight,while on the core game we had to struggle to climb up the bot,the jump potion platform mechanics makes a piece of cake.
The plot is more a personal complain.
Belmont syndrome cuz annoying knockback.:upsidedown:

Fake
Yeah, I had the same problem with Propeler Knight
The pits didn't help
With Polar Knight I just spammed the second potion
With Tinker Knight you don't even need to climb though :p
So they did increase the Knockback, I thought I was just crazy

Khoru

Smash Champion
jim sterling gave undertale a 10/10
Good
(play undertale)

(also play the shovel knight dlc)

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
how2leek
steppe 1: Take the strongest looking rumor out there right now and use that as your base, but overexplain why the rumor is right.
steep 2: just throw a bunch of whatever else onto it

i buy the other leak more than this one.This just seems like someone combined a bunch other leaks(boss battle leak,shantae leak,shovel knight leak) and a bunch of dream characters and throw into one leak
What Shantae leak was there? The IMDB one?

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I can't view the gamefaq one for some reason since it is no longer there. Can someone fill me in on what was on there?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Forgive me if I sound dumb, but I don't quite understand what you mean here.
On the official website, the URL's for DLC stages are listed as 1, 2, 3, 5. If you try to access the 4th stage, it simply redirects to the home page. Suzaku Castle is bundled with Ryu, so it isn't listed.

This means that there is a second DLC stage on the way. And it implies that it won't be tied to a newcomer from a brand new series.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think undertale is already overrated for being underrated.
/trashtalk

Last edited:

Megaboyzzz

Smash Rookie
how2leek
steppe 1: Take the strongest looking rumor out there right now and use that as your base, but overexplain why the rumor is right.
steep 2: just throw a bunch of whatever else onto it

What Shantae leak was there? The IMDB one?
yeah i know it's not a real leak(i lurk here alot) but it seems they just throw like 4 different leaks and said "Look at my leak aren't i special and unique"

Last edited:
Another Nintendo patent popped up, this time for linear image sensors.

http://nintendoeverything.com/yet-a...eld-with-outward-facing-linear-image-sensors/
With all 7000 patents they have placed I don't even know what to expect anymore.

I'm just waiting for it to be explained for me during E3/other event when the console is announced because i'm not digging this patent **** up and learning myself :laugh:

after a day of Project M I can safely say I vastly prefer smashboards dark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom