• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait seriously?

No way, is there a link to this madness?
The comments section of this article: http://gematsu.com/2015/09/project-x-zone-2-adds-fire-emblem-xenosaga-xenoblade-characters

Have fun!

as a Pac fan, I much prefer Pac's version of SFxTK than Smash4.
That's surprising, considering Smash 4's Pac-Man is full of arcade references and has the classic pizza shape incorporated...

To each their own, I guess.

Street Fighter X Tekken?
I was actually thinking about no more and no less than Smash Bros.! :p

When X Zone 2 was announced:
Aw man, it's still only Capcom Sega and Namco? Why didn't you bring another company in?!

Now:
Man why are there Nintendo characters?! they're taking the chances away from characters from the other companies!

There is literally no pleasing gamers.
The video game fanbases have become more unpleasant overall, I agree.

There are always loud complainers for each "faction", so @Neo Zero has a good point.

I'll buy the game when Robin is introduced to it
Maybe we won't be seeing Robin...

He's already in Smash, so I don't mind Chrom getting the spotlight this time.

Lucina, on the other hand, gets the spotlight twice. But then again, it's Lucina. :4lucina:

Monolith is developing PXZ, aren't they? It kind of makes sense that a Nintendo-owned company would include IPs from their parent company.

On a side note, it's hella cool seeing all of these niche characters in the game, even going as far as including a living advertisement (Segata Sanshiro).

...With that said, I have absolutely no interest in PXZ2 unless the game turns out actually good. The first one sounded awful. A lot of the things I hear about the first game was just... yeah.
Well, Monolith Soft did say they want to fix some of the issues of the first game.

It does seem there's a bigger investment being done for this game, so hopefully, it will address some of the complaints people had about the first. It is a sequel, after all, and there's potential in PXZ becoming a full-fledged series.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I could see Shulk/Elma being a team in PXZ honestly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I could see Shulk/Elma being a team in PXZ honestly.
That would be cool. Having the two main Xenoblade characters team up.

And, of course, it would also mean Sawano music.

Groose is the only WANT I have left since Wind Waker's three best characters are in.
>The three best Wind Waker characters are in
>No mention of Toon Ganondorf

Are you serious?

Kidding. :p

Or am I? :4ganondorf:

SpyroRyan

Smash Rookie
"But they're not transferable"
I can see people getting mad over this. When the 3DS version was revealed they did show you could "transfer" the characters to the Wii U version... did they change their statement?
I thought the video only mentioned the Wii U's paid DLC characters as non transferable. They are included as part of the 3DS version but getting the 3DS version will not unlock them in the Wii U version.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So the Mario Maker DLC stage got me thinking.

How many new non-past stages could we get that doesn't come with a character?

Because despite Sakurai saying we couldn't make a lot of stages tell me that they mean past stages not stages as a whole

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not so much characters, but I want weapon swaps in. Seriously, they teased us with it with the DLC, so why didn't it become a thing? I want to use Cia with the Book of Sorcery, Link with the Deku Spear and Ghirahim with the Summoning Gate.
But for characters I do want, Vaati, Medii, Nabooru, an Iron Knuckle, a Deku Scrub, either Saria or Mido(I think Mido's trash-talking would be appropriate for Hyrule Warriors). But I wouldn't mind character costumes either, like Link's Postman outfit, Zelda's Ilia outfit or Lana's Skull Kid outfit. I'd especially like outfits based on Din, Nayru, Farore and Ravio. I also wouldn't mind a couple more weapons, like the Ice Rod, the Roc's Cape and an actual Bow weapon utilizing Fire, Ice, Bomb and Silver Arrows.
Weapon switching would be interesting, but need a lot of blancing first. I would love more items though. Costumes are nice to. Although I think Ravio could work as a separate fighter and use all the weapons he sells.

*squeals*
This is who I want the most for Hyrule Warriors:
- Saria. Using the Fairy Ocarina, essentially a fusion of Lana w/ Spear and Sheik. She's the most important OOT character not yet in the game AND completes the Forest, Water, Fire trifecta.

- Groose. Rides his Loftwing who fights for him by pecking, kicking and flying around, while Groose throws giant bombs and eggs at their enemies. Perfection. Level 2-3 Loftwing has armor like the Skyloft knights' birds.

- Quill The Postman. He fights by flying around and "delivering" mail to unsuspecting enemies. He doubles as a postman character AND a Rito. Who needs Medli? :chuckle

I made a hypothetical roster with them and more if anyone is interesting:
Why do we not have any of the postman? That be a perfect character for the game. I'd love to throw mail all around at enemies!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Toon Ganondorf is cool and all, but I feel like if he didn't dual wield he wouldn't even be an entity for most people.

Not when Tetra, Tink, and the King are all far more vibrant personalities than him.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think we all know who's going to happen to be playable:

:troll:
You joke, but that'd be kinda cool actually.
Maybe some Spirit Track weapons, with her Magic Form having her control a Phantom Knight. I'd be down for it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm glad Xenoblade is getting so much love at long last. In the span of a year it went from a pretty niche audience to at least Mother or Fire Emblem levels of recognition. (At least in America). Shulk in Smash, the New 3DS port, Chuggaconroy's LP, Nintendo pushing Xenoblade X for a bit more attenion here and there, and now Fiora in X Zone 2. Regardless of what you may or may not think of Xenoblade as a whole, there's no questioning it's earned its place among Nintendo's greatest.

I'm still sick of the I'm Really Feeling It memes everywhere, but hey, step by step.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Characters I'd like to see in HWL?
  • Skull Kid/Majora (still doesn't have a chance but still want him)
  • Medli
  • Ravio
  • Demise
  • Vaati
  • Now this one's a longshot but, Tri Force!Links as a single character (think Sonic Heroes)

I'm not sure I want to do this because it may turn people off from the series but maybe it will interest someone.

If you want proof steven universe is weird here you go. yes this is the main character. yes that is a dude. yes this is canon

something something zoroarking

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Real talk: I find those blinking orange dots super annoying.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You joke, but that'd be kinda cool actually.
Maybe some Spirit Track weapons, with her Magic Form having her control a Phantom Knight. I'd be down for it.
I agree with all of this post

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't believe I post in a thread that is having a HW character discussion but there is literally no mention of Linebeck
You all disgust me

I'm not sure I want to do this because it may turn people off from the series but maybe it will interest someone.

If you want proof steven universe is weird here you go. yes this is canon

something something zoroarking
Did someone call me?
I've been waiting for fanart of thos sonce it aired
Thank you very much
*saves pic*

Also, I just finsohed Plague of Shadows
Holy **** that was good
I loved how the ganeplay fitted Plague Knight so much, as if it was like that since the beggining and the story was great and I loved how heartwarming the ending was
Also
DID THEY JUST PULL A ZELDA II ON ME? THE TITLE IS TECHNICALLY A SPOILER WTF?
The FINAL final boss was a pushover compared to PoS though

Last edited by a moderator:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Toon Ganondorf is cool and all, but I feel like if he didn't dual wield he wouldn't even be an entity for most people.

Not when Tetra, Tink, and the King are all far more vibrant personalities than him.
Eh?

I think Ganon was at his most interesting in WW, and the dual wielding has nothing to do with it. It's about motive and backstory. WW was a rare example of him being expanded beyond the typical world conquering villain role he and most villains are usually given.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Weapon switching would be interesting, but need a lot of blancing first. I would love more items though. Costumes are nice to. Although I think Ravio could work as a separate fighter and use all the weapons he sells.
With some characters, like Fi and Midna, and some weapons, like Darunia's Hammer or Ghirahim's Blade which incorporate some of their characteristics to go with the weapon, yes there would need to be changes to make them work. The thing is though is that unlike with the Weapon Swap glitch that messed up character faces, the characters with weapons they don't normally use that you fight in the DLC were actually fixed to work with them.
Unlike the Weapon swap glitch, their faces were actually fixed to work with the weapon. And in Midna's case, her movements were worked on to work with her weapon swap. She actually uses Link's Sword and Shield in one of the DLC maps while still floating. Zant and Ghirahim also use Ganondorf's Swords at different points as well. Basically in the DLC:
-Zelda uses the Hylian Sword, Sheik's Harp and Lana's Spellbook at some point.
-Sheik uses Impa's Greatsword and Zelda's Rapier.
-Impa uses the Hylian Sword and Sheik's Harp.
-Lana and Cia use their respective weapons at one point and Lana also uses Zelda's Rapier.
-Agitha uses Lana's Spellbook in a couple matches.
-And as mentioned, Midna uses the Hylian Sword in some points and Zant and Ghirahim use Ganondorf's Swords as well.

So really, I'm pretty sure they don't have too much of a problem doing Weapon Swaps, but for some reason, it never actually happened despite being teased at. I'm not asking for a lot of weapon swaps, but for some of the ones that are pretty straightforward like Link's weapons and Lana's weapons, it would be nice to see Weapon Swaps for those.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Back when the game was announced I was expecting Toon Ganon with the dual swords to overcome the problem with Ganon actual moveset don't having any sword attack.
But my expectations where betrayed and now I think Sakurai will only add a new Zelda character if this character was high demanded in the ballot, what I think it's impossible.

I wanted Ghirahim but when he was announced as a Assist Trophy I decided : "I'm done with Zelda series character speculation"
Pirate ship is quite possible as a DLC stage anyway.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
My HWL wishlist:
-Medli
-Groose
-Saria

Although I wouldn't mind another strange choice like Agitha. Maybe Windwaker's Fairy Queen?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
>Sonic amiibo Line

What game would even support these?
Fire and Ice, maybe a spooky secret sonic game coming next year maybe?

There were like 2 leaks that had Sonic Generations 2 as sonic's next game in 2016 soooo....

Opinion time!
Splatoon DLC:
Sounds cool. There was a tweet ages ago on the JP splatoon page that suggested they would be playable but....
Also, cross over DLC huh?
I wonder how Kakariko Village would play like in the context of Splatoon...

MM update:
Probably the most believable part of this tbh. This is the sort of thing I would expect to be in an update or two for MM tbh.

Smash DLC:
Living Room and Chibi Robo? Eh, no exactly my first choice, but I suppose its cool none the less.

Amiibo:
I remember another leak saying there was a going to be a sonic amiibo line, so that would be cool.
Not surprised at more Splatoon amiibos, but the only reason I would believe the second Super Mario amiibo wave side of things is because Daisy isn't mentioned :troll:

Last edited:

Chrono.

The game called my shelf, because those things would be sick as ****.

Edit: Also Mario and Sonic at the Olympics probably.
Yeah, can't say I'd ignore those. I'd be legit broke from a Sonic amiibo line.

Also I forgot M&S, whoops.

Still the fact that they don't mention what games they're supported in is a red flag.

Megaboyzzz

Smash Rookie
eh i think the fact they said that malon and malladus would be added to hyrule warriors is more fake than anything

Ivander

Smash Legend
We already have the Nintendogs stage called "Living Room". So really, I don't see another stage being called "Living Room" when we already have a "Living Room" stage.

Chrono.

We already have the Nintendogs stage called "Living Room". So really, I don't see another stage being called "Living Room" when we already have a "Living Room" stage.
They never said that was the name though, just that it is one.

Not that I think this is real anyway.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
May I remind you of this?
:mariocircuit:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seriously though, Nintendo should release a Mario wave 2. They're blatantly teasing it with MP10's Rosalina, DK and Wario. As for a Sonic amiibo line, I'd be on board. Though wed probably run into the same problem as the Mario line with only 6 or so safe ones being released (Team Sonic plus Amy, Eggman and maybe Sticks if it's a Boom set). I want Blaze the Cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom