• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hey guys, what's going on

*sees Nintendo smart phone game announcement*

Well, that's enough Nintendo for one day.

(what even is this game seriously?)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey guys, what's going on

*sees Nintendo smart phone game announcement*

Well, that's enough Nintendo for one day.

(what even is this game seriously?)
Basically streetpass for phones. Probably something small to begin the new era of phone games.

D

Deleted member

So now only your friends will learn interesting facts about you from your Mii like your internet history. Nintendo, ruining friendships again.:awesome:
Well as long as we don't get another Swapnote with this application, we're all good.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll be honest, I don't understand any of this news and to be honest I don't think I should really care either beyond the inevitable Smart Phone stage in Smash 5.

TMW Nintendo is coming back with a vengeance with NX and more in 2016:

Nintendo is literally becoming Thanos lol.

I'm hyped, even when I'm sick XD :p
Off Topic Predictions: We'll see a Nova corps member replace the Silver Surfer for a Infinity Wars tease at the end of Doctor Strange.

Guardians 2 will feature Thanos pulling a sneak attack on the Nova corps to get back the Power Gem through the use of the Space Gem, which he'll re-obtain from Loki in Thor 3.

While obtaining Reality, he accidentally wakes up Adam Warlock. Power/Space defeats the Avengers giving him Mind, and we'll see the dying Nova corps member pull a Green Lantern in Part 2 with some random teen to introduce "Nova."

Also what about Nintendo comics with :4fox:&:4samus: and Nintendo anime with the return of :4falcon::4kirby:&:4marth: and new :4pit::4shulk: ones
Honestly after the Nintendo Power Zelda:ALttP manga reprint, I've been hoping they'd reprint Super Mario Adventures and the Star Fox/Metroid comics.

Soul.

If you guys didn't know already, you'll be able to buy digital download software for Wii U and 3DS on Nintendo's website

Purchasing digital software from Nintendo's website on PCs/smart devices will be automatically downloaded to the person's Wii U or 3DS.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This is like the second or third time I've seen someone commenting on Miitomo sharing 'internet search history.'

Please, someone confirm for me that this is a meme or joke and not something Nintendo's actually pushing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is like the second or third time I've seen someone commenting on Miitomo sharing 'internet search history.'

Please, someone confirm for me that this is a meme or joke and not something Nintendo's actually pushing.
I can confirm that I originally said it as a joke on the whole "learn things about your friends that might surprise you" and "Miis talk on their own" things. :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If you guys didn't know already, you'll be able to buy digital download software for Wii U and 3DS on Nintendo's website

Purchasing digital software from Nintendo's website on PCs/smart devices will be automatically downloaded to the person's Wii U or 3DS.
Hey, that's actually sweet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
hey, can anyone link me that dark pikachu hack in brawl/project m that was posted a few weeks back? I believe @Akxareth posted it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone hear about what those Steven Universe fans did to the fan artist?

The harassment

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's pretty dang bad

This is the justice brought about by Social Justice Warriors

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Miitomo is cute, but sort of pointless.

I love the sounds of My Nintendo though.

Get that world domination Nintendo.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You can ask your friends questions and they can answer them. It won't reveal your Internet search history. I think it's the perfect transition to the Nintendo Account/ My Nintendo era. It disappointed a lot of fans, but it makes sense as Nintendo is trying to build an umbrella for everything so they can have a unified experience.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You can ask your friends questions and they can answer them. It won't reveal your Internet search history. I think it's the perfect transition to the Nintendo Account/ My Nintendo era. It disappointed a lot of fans, but it makes sense as Nintendo is trying to build an umbrella for everything so they can have a unified experience.
So you're saying...

I can ask about internet history.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The reveal of more games for the rest of the the holiday season strengthens my thought there's a direct coming next week.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Off Topic Predictions: We'll see a Nova corps member replace the Silver Surfer for a Infinity Wars tease at the end of Doctor Strange.

Guardians 2 will feature Thanos pulling a sneak attack on the Nova corps to get back the Power Gem through the use of the Space Gem, which he'll re-obtain from Loki in Thor 3.

While obtaining Reality, he accidentally wakes up Adam Warlock. Power/Space defeats the Avengers giving him Mind, and we'll see the dying Nova corps member pull a Green Lantern in Part 2 with some random teen to introduce "Nova."
The last one sounds alot like a set up for Captain Marvel imo.

But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if these things happened.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So you're saying...

I can ask about internet history.
Yes, you can. But do you really want to know?

The reveal of more games for the rest of the the holiday season strengthens my thought there's a direct coming next week.
I think next week is too early as they announced the Mario Maker update separately. Mid November is my bet!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mid November is much too late to be announcing games that will be on sale this holiday season.

They'll flop harder than a fish on dry land.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Mid November is much too late to be announcing games that will be on sale this holiday season.

They'll flop harder than a fish on dry land.
Not necessarily true.
If it's a game that needs little to no advertising like oh say......Twilight Princess HD, then regardless of when it's released it'll do well. It depends on the title.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
In all fairness, as long as the games are announced/released before Black Friday, Nintendo should be fine. But it'd make more sense to announce them early November to give families time to budget stuff out.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact that Nintendo is making most money off of Amiibo and cards right now is kinda both funy and sad to me.
On the contrary I think it's a great thing, because it's shown them there's a strength in their IPS they'd previously seem to have forgotten.

Thus meaning they'll make more official merchandise which will strengthen their brand and guide more loyalty to their systems and games.

I'm surprised how many people collect amiibo that don't even have a Wii U or 3DS.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Miitomo could also be "with Mii/ together with Mii"
友 or 共. I'm thinking "with Mii". It's written in katakana so I'm not 100%.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm still not entirely sure what Miitomo is.

I thought initially it was just some kind of instant messenger app with Miis, but that seems wrong?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If Nintendo do not make either an endless Ice Climber climbing game, a motion control Wave Racer or a Panel de Pon reboot with their mobile gaming venture I'll be so mad.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
On the contrary I think it's a great thing, because it's shown them there's a strength in their IPS they'd previously seem to have forgotten.

Thus meaning they'll make more official merchandise which will strengthen their brand and guide more loyalty to their systems and games.

I'm surprised how many people collect amiibo that don't even have a Wii U or 3DS.
I dunno, I dont want them to get the wrong idea and double down on plastic, I want muh gaems first and foremost. Though, Nintendo getting more loose with theyr franchises in general would be a good thing, they already have the whole theme park idea going on, wouldnt mind a TV show or a movie here and there. I wouldnt even be opposed to a dedicated toy line, get those IP out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom