• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can just picture Miitomo now...

"Hello, I'm ______! Now, let me tell you about my Internet search history..."

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
as its should be surprising no one we got next to no info in the investors meeting

seriously guys this isnt a direct its not e3 you should not have expected anything

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Why is the stock plummeting?
They did this when the 3DS was first revealed. Probably a knee-jerk reaction to the delay.

Either way, I'm cool with Miitomo. Definitely going to grab it when it launches.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Oh geez
I'm deeply sad that mobile games are all that matter to these investors. Remember that one from long ago mentioning something along the lines of "Pay more for Mario to jump!"? They don't care for actual gameplay and more on money.

The game being a mii free to play is interesting. Hearing the other games are pay to download is nice, so we may get regularly developed games on mobile devices (Ports or even new games). I'm actually curious as to how they'll deal with the mobile market.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
"Nintendo’s goal is to use smart devices to increase the value of its IP, which will help sales of both software and hardware, he says."

Good. They're not trying to milk cash from you unlike other developers (I'm looking at you, Rovio...)

D

Deleted member

lol. Stuff like this is just like Gamecube era to me. I didn't go to online websites about video games, and that era was one of my favorite eras of all time, and here Nintendo is to this day the most successful out of all the game companies and still alive and kicking.

I'm kinda glad I stopped paying attention to news so much lately, when I sometimes get shown articles of stuff like this or negativity towards things, it makes me realizes how people across social media are overly and really negative about everything.

When I get introduced to new things, I generally walk into it with an open mind and think of the possibilities, I feel more people should do the same instead of knee jerk reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
It seems weird to make the first Nintendo game about Miis instead of one of their flagship characters.

Why not some kind of Dr. Mario/Yoshi puzzle games, or an endless Donkey Kong mine cart/runner? I mean obviously they'd come up with something more inspired than that, but the amount of potential there is crazy.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This is more than several times worse than when they used Mega Man's Sm4sh render in that big group Playstation character image.

:079::079::079:

Just to clear things up, you know that Ubisoft "we made the first female in games evar" thing? Turns out that was from the actress's publicist, not Ubisoft themselves. At least they're not that dumb that they forget over 30 years of gaming.
That makes slightly more sense. Is it bad we were all perfectly willing to believe that was Ubisoft's mistake though?

:080::080::080::080::080::080::080: Maybe... Maybe I should read the thread first.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Guys. these unannounced games will be for this year.

CEO Tatsumi Kimishima says there are more titles–unannounced–coming this year to promote both Wii U and 3DS during the year-end holiday season.

Year end holiday season. Sounds like November and December to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the delay is to promote Miitomo more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It seems weird to make the first Nintendo game about Miis instead of one of their flagship characters.

Why not some kind of Dr. Mario/Yoshi puzzle games, or an endless Donkey Kong mine cart/runner? I mean obviously they'd come up with something more inspired than that, but the amount of potential there is crazy.
While I see where you're coming from, Miis pretty much are flagship characters for Nintendo, up there with Link, Mario, DK, and Pikachu at least.

I can also understand the Tomodachi Life parallels. That's a series I think can do really well on mobile.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What would you call it then?

I'll probably go with Nintendo Active since I don't wanna use Live or Network
Nintendo Unified Membership Service, obviously.
Actually, I'd call it Nintendo Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom