• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Um, the Shovel Knight rumour isn't dead. We have at least 8 days until it is.
Granted, I'm not sure if it's wise to believe it at all, but it's not really definitely dead yet.
I don't see how a few days matter much. It never had any definite date unlike the Inkling rumor, just "within the next month or two".

That was on August 27th. It's pretty clear that it was just another fake, most likely sparked by someone finding out about the amiibo. Long time frames are common for them since the "leakers" are just guessing and want people to discuss them as much as possible.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
The wording in the original video is "expect" it in the next month or two. I don't think that it has any real hard deadline.

But like you said, it's not really wise to put a lot of stock into it right now.
Exactly this. It was just when the guy imagined it might be revealed. If he knew for sure, he'd have given a more exact time frame (this is all assuming it's accurate, idk). Us reaching the end of the month will not invalidate anything, since it was just a guesstimate, unfortunately.

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
The thing that gets me about the Inklings rumor (besides the "deadline" having been missed) is that it feels weird for them to announce a fighter through anything other than a dedicated Smash stream, or a general Nintendo Direct that Smash is a part of. They haven't done otherwise with any of the DLC characters yet, probably because they want as many eyes on Smash itself when they do it. The vanilla cast was different because they didn't need to sell each and every individual fighter to you when they came on the disc. Announcing Inklings through a Splatoon direct would be cool for the fans of that game who are keeping up with it, but I doubt players who only have a 3DS would be paying it much attention.

Not to say I'm writing off anything, that just stuck out to me.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Unfortunately the mechanical changes don't matter to everyone when the only thing that's important is characters.
And then start complaining if the character is too good or awful.

Remember when people thought Roy and Ryu was broken despite just being good not Sheik levels of insanity? And Mewtwo?

Although I still believe Mewtwo isn't as bad as most people make him out to be.

Yeah it's unrealistic to expect new content before 30 days. If it wasn't for the rumor we would be all expecting something in November-December.
People will believe anything if their character they want have a shot to get in and I'm not attacking anyone but I would do the same if I saw Dixie or Simon Belmont had been in a sort of believable rumor but that's just the nature of the beast.

At this point, I'm comfortable in waiting considering I'm enjoying the current roster already and started playing :4dk: and :4palutena: alot more.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
The thing that gets me about the Inklings rumor (besides the "deadline" having been missed) is that it feels weird for them to announce a fighter through anything other than a dedicated Smash stream, or a general Nintendo Direct that Smash is a part of. They haven't done otherwise with any of the DLC characters yet, probably because they want as many eyes on Smash itself when they do it. The vanilla cast was different because they didn't need to sell each and every individual fighter to you when they came on the disc. Announcing Inklings through a Splatoon direct would be cool for the fans of that game who are keeping up with it, but I doubt players who only have a 3DS would be paying it much attention.

Not to say I'm writing off anything, that just stuck out to me.
When Push told me about the Inklings thing originally, this is what I said. It doesn't make good business sense to limit the reach of the Direct to Splatoon enthusiasts.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't see how a few days matter much. It never had any definite date unlike the Inkling rumor, just "within the next month or two".

That was on August 27th. It's pretty clear that it was just another fake, most likely sparked by someone finding out about the amiibo. Long time frames are common for them since the "leakers" are just guessing and want people to discuss them as much as possible.
Except that it's not pretty clear it was just another fake.
It was a vague deadline, plans change, and we haven't gotten any character related news for months.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
When Push told me about the Inklings thing originally, this is what I said. It doesn't make good business sense to limit the reach of the Direct to Splatoon enthusiasts.
Can I just say btw, it's good to see you interacting with the community again. It warms my admin heart that you're all on speaking terms again~

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Well, looks like this Twitter fiasco has almost all but blown over. Can't say I'm surprised.
So here are my thoughts that I feel like just throwing out there. I'm expecting our next DLC announcement to be sometime mid to end of November. It'll probably be big to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the Wii U Version's initial release. In fact I think that we're going to get everything all at once similarly to how we got a lot of content in mid June. Those three characters, new stages, and whatever else they have to throw at us I think will drop after some big announcement. After that happens, I'm predicting DLC will be done at that point. I'm not expecting it to run into next year; although, if it did I wouldn't complain. I just have a feeling it'll be over sooner rather than later. Those are my thoughts on everything.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Got my Mewtwo amiibo, that's a relief. Also Tri Force Heroes HYPE

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I was under the impression most people here are happy Shovel Knight isn't happening.
But I was rooting for the guy.:troll:

Exactly this. It was just when the guy imagined it might be revealed. If he knew for sure, he'd have given a more exact time frame (this is all assuming it's accurate, idk). Us reaching the end of the month will not invalidate anything, since it was just a guesstimate, unfortunately.
The fact that he wasn't sure of when he was supposedly going to be announced and still tried to say that you should expect him to be revealed within the next month or two does hurt this rumour. It may not be disconfirmed, but with a character like Shovel Knight, you can't disconfirm him for DLC until it's confirmed that Smash 4 DLC has been finished.

Then again, consideirng how many things he has against him and nothing concrete supporting the supposed legitimacy of this leak and the fact we have still yet to see Shovel Knight (yes, plans can change, but if he were supposed to be expectingly revealed soon, there is no reason to believe it's due to plans changing) means I'm more confident in completely disregarding this rumour once and for all. It may not be technically disconfirmed, but it never had anything solid in terms of evidence to support it at this point.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So the rumor isn't really dead after October then?

Soul.

And then start complaining if the character is too good or awful.

Remember when people thought Roy and Ryu was broken despite just being good not Sheik levels of insanity? And Mewtwo?

Although I still believe Mewtwo isn't as bad as most people make him out to be.
When he was released I heard many people saying that Roy was apparently the new, better Marth, that his forward smash was broken because you could KO people with it early when you can only do that on a read and that he had combos.

Now he just seems to be overrated as hell; most seem to agree Marth is better than him. Either way, Ike is probably the best FE character so far after the buffs. Ryu only sounds broken on paper due to having the SF stuff; on practice he's really just a good character.

Mewtwo isn't that awful but he's still... well, bad. Just not rock-bottom.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I still see no reason to doubt his inclusion. He's one of my more likely picks.However I don't think he's coming any time soon

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, I wonder why Yacht club games didn't respond to this:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just in case people still think there will be any kind of announcement at Indiecade.
upload_2015-10-23_13-3-10.png

The answer is no.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Farore, it always seemed like she was "that goddess." The one that no one could agree on a pronunciation for her name. I mean Din and Nayru are pretty straightforward, but Farore has a whole spectrum of Fair-Roar, Fay-Roar, Fah-Roar-Ray, Fer-Roar-Ray, Fuh-Roar-Uh, and so on...no one can seem to agree. :p

I say Fair-roar, stress on the first syllable.

D

Deleted member

*patiently waits for "Who wore it better" with Aonuma and the other devs*
Speaking of Farore, it always seemed like she was "that goddess." The one that no one could agree on a pronunciation for her name. I mean Din and Nayru are pretty straightforward, but Farore has a whole spectrum of Fair-Roar, Fay-Roar, Fah-Roar-Ray, Fer-Roar-Ray, Fuh-Roar-Uh, and so on...no one can seem to agree. :p

I say Fah-roh-re
Stress on "roh"

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

And Im just here reading that like "fuh-roar?"

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Pretty sure Japan pronounces it as Fa-Roah-Reh

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
When he was released I heard many people saying that Roy was apparently the new, better Marth, that his forward smash was broken because you could KO people with it early when you can only do that on a read and that he had combos.

Now he just seems to be overrated as hell; most seem to agree Marth is better than him. Either way, Ike is probably the best FE character so far after the buffs. Ryu only sounds broken on paper due to having the SF stuff; on practice he's really just a good character.

Mewtwo isn't that awful but he's still... well, bad. Just not rock-bottom.
I just hate how Lucas is just "lol worst Ness" which seems plausible but he's a great character with much better options than Ness considering his tether grab and his hitbox on the PSI Magnet.

I'm probably seeing Mewtwo, Samus and Ganondorf as the best of the low tiers and Ike and Robin as the best FE characters but Shulk as the best overall swordsman

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

The funny thing being I'd misread Nayru as "Nar-yu" this whole time, and was thoroughly confused when I heard it pronounced as one would expect at the Zelda concert.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
'If everyone’s getting this excited over Rosalina’s sports outfit in Mario Tennis, then they’re gonna flip the **** out over the next Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games when she’s in a swimsuit. It might be best to take a day off the internet when that’s revealed.'
Oh **** that's hype

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That awkward moment when the leak is deconfirmed, but it turns out we're getting Inklings anyway purely by coincidence.

Unfortunately the mechanical changes don't matter to everyone when the only thing that's important is characters.
Mechanical changes are a huge deal, particularly the changes to shield pressure we got. At least at the pro level, they required a significant amount of recalibration. It's also been largely seen as a very positive and necessary change as shields were stupidly OP before.

I just hate how Lucas is just "lol worst Ness" which seems plausible but he's a great character with much better options than Ness considering his tether grab and his hitbox on the PSI Magnet.
Lucas plays nothing like Ness. A good Lucas player is extremely combo-heavy, racks up damage stupid fast, and has a ton of dirty kill confirms. It's easy to view him as "worse Ness" though because he has a really high learning curve to break before you reach that point.

I fear anybody who mains Lucas exactly because nobody uses him unless they can use him well.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That would actually imply they play the same.
Well considering Roy doesn't ever play like Marth or even close to him, people consider him a better version of Marth

That awkward moment when the leak is deconfirmed, but it turns out we're getting Inklings anyway purely by coincidence.

Mechanical changes are a huge deal, particularly the changes to shield pressure we got. At least at the pro level, they required a significant amount of recalibration. It's also been largely seen as a very positive and necessary change as shields were stupidly OP before.

Lucas plays nothing like Ness. A good Lucas player is extremely combo-heavy, racks up damage stupid fast, and has a ton of dirty kill confirms. It's easy to view him as "worse Ness" though because he has a really high learning curve to break before you reach that point.

I fear anybody who mains Lucas exactly because nobody uses him unless they can use him well.
I fear Licas players more so as well because they have much better mixup options and setups and combos are much more dangerous than "grab, dthrow, double fair, PK Fire, PK Thunder"

:4ness:Okay.

Same reason I fear :4falco: players more than :4fox:, :4marth:players more than :4feroy: (:4lucina:players are wild cards.) and :4drmario: more than any of the Mario Bros.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The 23rd hasn't even ended yet, and we already have people trying to keep this leak alive by explaining around the deadline.

Just give it a rest already, jesus christ. It had nothing going for it to begin with. There's not going to be Smash trailers at the end of game specific Directs. It didn't happen the last dozen or so times people predicted it, and it's not going to happen now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I assume this is speculation?

As for Roy/Lucas. I still find Roy much better then marth, it's hard for me to explain though. I can't play marth at all but 'm actually relatively good with Roy, something about his control is different to me, I don't know what though. Probably just me though.

As for Lucas, I find him much better then ness, but he also fights very differently( in terms of moves effects and setups) He is focused on comboing, and his tether grab is really good. Whenever I fight a level 9 Lucas on classic, he can use that tether recovery very well, and literally swing across the stage. I can't say much past those points though, as I don't play him. I can definitely see how he is different and can outshine ness if used effectively though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom