• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Let's put it like this, the iOS version is better than the 3DS version

The best versions of the game are the Vita, Wii U (which run at a better framerate than the 360/PS3 versions) and the PC version which has extra characters.
Well Vita being one of the better versions isn't surprising; it's capable enough to run it well. Which it does because of specs.
Didn't know Wii U ran better than 360 and PS3 though lol

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Billy Hatcher cut because they couldn't come up with car designs like really?
Ryo cut, then ends up being the only character from a DLC poll and re-sold.
Opa-Opa cut
That dumb "one-person in a car only" restriction that Sumo Digital had, which resulted in Jacky and Akira, The Bonaza Bros., The Chuchus, and Zobio and Zobiko getting cut, which also holds back Toejam & Earl.

Vectorman, a robot who has been shown to be able to transform into vehicles (turns into a fish thing in the first game, and tank in the second), is still not playable in a SEGA racing game, which is absolutely ridiculous.

"HEY GUYS LOOK AT ALL THESE EXTRA CHARACTERS BUT IT'S PC EXCLUSIVE THOUGH BUT WE HAVE ALL YOUR FAVOURITES SUCH AS general winter, some Total War: Rome guy whose name I can't remember I think it starts with a W or something, simon from the Yogscast just listen to his fabulous voice doesn't it not make you want to shut off the game?

I'm sorry, but a lot about this game just bothers me. I was so hyped for this game. I was always browsing the Sonic Stadium Message Board thread and SEGA Forums thread. It was so cool when Steve Lycett from Sumo Digital came by and posted stuff. But...ugh...

I need to nit-pick:

1. All the cheesy charm of the first one was thrown away. The menus are boring, the items and boring, and the announcer is just so bland that I end up turning him off because he adds nothing exciting to the race. The first game's announcer was the best. Yeah, we was cheesy as all hell, but I feel like it gave the game its own personality.

2. Why do 90% of the songs have practically the same drum beat? I know Richard Jacques is just one guy, but come on now. (though I will say that the song selection was fantastic).

3. Beat's vehicle looks awful. That radical low-rider from the first game was super cool and stylish. Bring that back.

4. I understand why Danica Patrick is there. Something to do with getting funding, but reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllly?

5. I remember people getting excited when Steve Lycett said that there would be 29 characters in the base roster. What he didn't say was that 5 of them were PC exclusive...and Team Fortress counts as 3.

The game does have some awesome things though. NiGHTS, Reala, Joe Musashi, Vyse, Gillius, and AGES are all really cool. Gum, MeeMee, and Pudding are alright, as I believe Steve saying that it was either they were in the game or they weren't (similar to Smash 4 clones). The tracks are all cool. Burning Rangers was a really nice surprise. And, despite my complaint about most of the songs sharing the same drum beat, a lot of the arrangements are actually really cool. And of course, the gameplay was fast and exciting.

As a whole package, Transformed is definitely the better game, but there is something about that I just don't like...
Agreed, the first All-Stars had a ton of charm, which Transformed, while technically the better game, lacked.

Glad to see someone else agree that the announcer was amazing, I've seen a lot of people say he was annoying.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Transformed was a great game gameplay-wise. The roster was not bad. It's not so much the characters. I mean, I was happy to see Joe, Vyse, Beat, Gum and Gillius and AGES was also a cool character. The problem was that alot of characters were characters I didn't really care about and that I didn't so much play some of the franchises that got attention compared to the franchises that didn't get any attention, like Streets of Rage, Vectorman, Gunstar and Guardian Heroes, Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star and the Shining series.
But gameplay-wise, Transformed was a great game. And the stages were great too.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Not surprising at all. but GH Live is apparently rubbish.

Semi-unrelated but y'all heard about the Harmonix employees going on Amazon giving RB4 good reviews, right?
Most of the reviews I read and streamers I watch playing the game actually like it, so I wouldnt look at that as a definitive review

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Most of the reviews I read and streamers I watch playing the game actually like it, so I wouldnt look at that as a definitive review
Activision saved their Tony Hawk bribes and spent it on this instead clearly.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So the last four characters are Toadette, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser and Sprixie?

Dang, that's actually pretty cool. For as small as it was, I dig it!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Woah.

There's a new button on the American Smash website.

It's got a special new button for movies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I like the roster. Toadette has been getting more love lately, Jr. Is a staple, Dry Bowser while a "model swap" is easily the most visually impressive of them, and Sprixie helps rep the newest game, her cute smaller appearance much more appealing than Honey Bee.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like the roster. Toadette has been getting more love lately, Jr. Is a staple, Dry Bowser while a "model swap" is easily the most visually impressive of them, and Sprixie helps rep the newest game, her cute smaller appearance much more appealing than Honey Bee.
Indeed.

Best Spin off roster we've had for a while.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So the last four characters are Toadette, Bowser Jr., Dry Bowser and Sprixie?

Dang, that's actually pretty cool. For as small as it was, I dig it!
Sprixie is a super cool choice but this proves to me the game was super rushed. DB amd Toadette are pretty much clones. Rosalina and the Sprixie won't having running animations.

They use old old old images for the CSS (which is pretty clumsy).

Almost every sound clip is recycled.

I'm gonna get this game either way but so far I'm pretty unimpressed and annoyed.

If/ when they put out DLC I'll be pissed. First time I feel like Nintendo are releasing an incomplete game.

Still haven't seen any sight of a solo campaign either.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sprixie is a super cool choice but this proves to me the game was super rushed. DB amd Toadette are pretty much clones. Rosalina and the Sprixie won't having running animations.

They use old old old images for the CSS (which is pretty clumsy).

Almost every sound clip is recycled.

I'm gonna get this game either way but so far I'm pretty unimpressed and annoyed.

If/ when they put out DLC I'll be pissed. First time I feel like Nintendo are releasing an incomplete game.

Still haven't seen any sight of a solo campaign either.
Clones in a Mario Spin Off game?

How? They will have completely different stats and aside from Dry Bowser, they are completely different characters.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Clones in a Mario Spin Off game?

How? They will have completely different stats and aside from Dry Bowser, they are completely different characters.
Sorry I mean model swaps.

Just my opinion is all. It has less characters than Mario Power Tennis and a much less diverse character selection IMO.

Sprixie is great - it surprised me and that's what I love about Camelot.

4 more out of the blue characters would be awesome.

Blooper, Petey, Wiggler, Hammer Bro, Kamek, Troopa, Paratrooper, Shy, Fly, Nabbit... these are the characters that thrive in these games.

Anyway, I'll still buy and (hopefully) love this game.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Blooper in Mario Party 8 was so cool.
One of my favorite characters with Boo, King Boo, Petey Piranha and Shy Guy.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Woah.

Why you do this to me swamp?
I want to get hyped that they renovated it for a new trailer, but I know deep down that's not the case...

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that is one thing I never understand. Phantasy Star is literally SEGA's second most profitable series, and they don't include it in the spin-offs. Neither the original RPG series, nor the Online games.

sega pls

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Sorry I mean model swaps.

Just my opinion is all. It has less characters than Mario Power Tennis and a much less diverse character selection IMO.

Sprixie is great - it surprised me and that's what I love about Camelot.

4 more out of the blue characters would be awesome.

Blooper, Petey, Wiggler, Hammer Bro, Kamek, Troopa, Paratrooper, Shy, Fly, Nabbit... these are the characters that thrive in these games.

Anyway, I'll still buy and (hopefully) love this game.
Uhhh....I'd say the characters that thrive in spinoffs are Waluigi, Daisy, and Toadette.

The characters you listed actually get screentime in the main series. Even if they're not playable as often as the ones I listed, they're arguably more important to the series overall on the grounds that they actually have roles beyond spinoff fodder.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So I just had a "WTF?!" Moment.

I'm a Doctor Who fan, and I went back and watched "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS" because I enjoyed that episode a lot. I don't know HOW I never noticed this, but they used a Crush 40 song in the episode! This is the first time I've ever heard of anything Crush 40 related show up in a media other than Sonic. That was a REALLY plesant surprise!
...No really though how the **** did I never notice this.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Uhhh....I'd say the characters that thrive in spinoffs are Waluigi, Daisy, and Toadette.

The characters you listed actually get screentime in the main series. Even if they're not playable as often as the ones I listed, they're arguably more important to the series overall on the grounds that they actually have roles beyond spinoff fodder.
Oh yeah, good point.

Even so, Camelot are usually pretty good at letting us play as Mario enemies and this time they haven't done as well as usual.

I'm only worried that the game is rushed, seeing as the veterans are pretty much ripped from previous games and they couldn't even grab series regulars like Diddy Kong and Koopa.

Oh well, it'll be what it'll be. If they do go with DLC, I'd like some newcomers to the series though.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, that is one thing I never understand. Phantasy Star is literally SEGA's second most profitable series, and they don't include it in the spin-offs. Neither the original RPG series, nor the Online games.

sega pls
The lack of Rico Tyrell in any Sega crossovers makes Kenith very sad. :(
So I just had a "WTF?!" Moment.

I'm a Doctor Who fan, and I went back and watched "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS" because I enjoyed that episode a lot. I don't know HOW I never noticed this, but they used a Crush 40 song in the episode! This is the first time I've ever heard of anything Crush 40 related show up in a media other than Sonic. That was a REALLY plesant surprise!
...No really though how the **** did I never notice this.
which one tho

Chrono.

This is pretty bizarre (not unlike the rest of the game but still).

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Woah.

Huh... weird that they'd update the layout of the site without having an update for the game.

Unless they're prepping the site for something...?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Heres a look at the roster.

Peach is Technical, which counters my thought of the class going away. Also, Rosalina is Power?! What gives? Were probably going to get some more characters and some actual portraits and not rehashes. I doubt that the css will look this ugly.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yoshi's racket assimilates with his nose in the trailer

What power does Yoshi's nose hide?

Staarih

Smash Master
Sprixie is a cute addition, Toadette and Bowser Jr. were obvious and Dry Bowser is in everything.

Where do you select to play as your Mii though? Isn't that like always an option nowadays in these games?

My interest for Ultra Smash has risen suddenly, funny.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Yoshi's racket assimilates with his nose in the trailer

What power does Yoshi's nose hide?
This is the same dinosaur that swallows people and other living creatures whole, and digest them into eggs without burning them with its stomach acid. No one really nose :yoshimelee:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya know what's odd?

For as many characters as Power Tennis had...

They only had 18...

We currently have 16.

We will probably get DLC.

This will be the biggest roster for a tennis game yet.

On another note, this marks the first time that Rosalina and Toadette are in a Mario Tennis game as playable characters and the first ever playable appearance of Sprixie.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ya know what's odd?

For as many characters as Power Tennis had...

They only had 18...

We currently have 16.

We will probably get DLC.

This will be the biggest roster for a tennis game yet.

On another note, this marks the first time that Rosalina and Toadette are in a Mario Tennis game as playable characters and the first ever playable appearance of Sprixie.
I mean, we always get newcomers for these Mario Tennis games, right? Itd be cool to see some of the Power Tennis players comeback as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom