• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Because Fatal Frame has done the latter option multiple times over multiple times but people care about it now considering we live in a social media world with a lot of the PC standards. I'm not taking sides but it's kinda the situation it brings.

The only reason people get so salty about the costumes is that a colorful princess dress and a space suit breaks immersion in a horror game but a skimpy maid outfit doesn't because it fits the art style and that's it.
That implies I even knew that in the first place, obviously its a title that isnt that popular so dont make automatic assumptions this has happened before or I tolerate maid outfits in horror games.

And PC? I dont even do politics, dude. Get over the fact i dont like t and a and goofy outfits in a horror game. Its an opinion, something you cant seem to accept of others just like with the Punchout NES thing.

D

Deleted member

Funny you say that:

And Everyone in Fire Emblem is marth to!
I ****ing died with Incest Marths
Just your daily reminder that the NX releasing in 2016 is business suicide!
It's like if your best friend promised you they will get to visit you at the hospital later because you can't right now but then you look outside your room and they're actually visiting another friend and they leave a BFF bracelet to them
Xenoblaze,
Oh, so I have been reading it wrong all this time
That explains 50% of the game

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and now for the most hilarious news ive ever heard
johnny cage is in a wwe ios game.....his trailer is a thing of beauty

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The most beloved horror games of all time were goofy as hell.

Silent Hill? ****ING ALIENS AND DOG MASTERMINDS!

Resident Evil? BARRY ****ING BURTON

Fatal Frame? Costumes!

Yeah, if you want a purely "scary" experience, Fatal Frame is best and people still complain.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If the NX really is a console/hand held hybrid and it releases next year.

Wow. Way to kill two systems, Nintendo. Especially the 3DS that has no need for a replacement right now as it's still going strong and their prime money maker.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That implies I even knew that in the first place, obviously its a title that isnt that popular so dont make automatic assumptions this has happened before or I tolerate maid outfits in horror games.

And PC? I dont even do politics, dude. Get over the fact i dont like t and a and goofy outfits in a horror game. Its an opinion, something you cant seem to accept of others just like with the Punchout NES thing.
Well sorry I have actual knowledge and history of the game.

It wasn't that much of a Nintendo series and it had those. It was never about being PC, it's about people tripping themselves over something that is optional and has been there in the series.

I ain't attacking anyone but you are attacking me for what I said

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna expand on what I said earlier
"OH NO! HOW DARE THEY GIVE PLAYERS OPTIONAL COSTUMES THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO USE IF I DON'T WANT TO?
THIS GAME IS RUINED!!!1!!!"

Chrono.

That game also has Superman John Cena and Stone Cold Steve Austin taken to a literal level. It's great.

It makes me wish it was a legit fighting game for consoles just cause of how ridiculous it is.

D

Deleted member

So, who's ready for the Tri Force Heroes demo tonight?

Yeah that predecessor that only existed for four years on the market really killed all chances the 360 had to be successful. :rolleyes:
It's the other way around
It killed the original one
Just like the NX would do to the Wii U

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Brock Lesnar confirmed for Kombat Pack 2

I also love my main being in here but this should be a full fledged PC/Console game

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Being feeling a bit creative and come up with two mario maker levels.If any of you have the time feel free to check them up

Shell you Later:59A8-0000-00AC-2FB0. Practically use the koopa's to your advantage to beat the level

Test-Your-Skiils:B663-0000-00AA-9DFB. Precise platforming all over the place.One mistake and it's a wrap

Shameless plug is shameless.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Yeah that predecessor that only existed for four years on the market really killed all chances the 360 had to be successful. :rolleyes:

and that Nintendo DS was the worst failure of all-time coming out only three years after its predecessor!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Relics.
There's a whole bunch of 'em:

Besides that, it's exactly like saying "What can Shantae do what Peach can't if she had the exact same abilities.".
upload_2015-10-16_15-23-32.png

Looks like you had a small flaw in your post there.
Here's the much more accurate version.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I dunno, can I? I was under the impression those were unsafe/unstable for long term game storage and direct access.
I've had a USB 500GB HDD for my PC for 5 years now, still works like a charm. Just don't remove the drive while it's reading from or writing to it and you should be fine.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is the entire Smash 4 roster in what I would call the "Sakurai order":
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4luigi::4falcon::4ness::4jigglypuff::4peach::4bowser::4zelda::4sheik::4mewtwo::4marth::4gaw::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4feroy::4metaknight::4pit::4zss::4wario::4myfriends::4charizard::4diddy::4lucas::4dedede::4olimar::4lucario::4rob::4tlink::4villager::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4palutena::4robinm::4shulk::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4lucina::4darkpit::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:

In fact, most of the times, you'll see the Smash characters ordered like that in official material.

It may seem arbitrary at a first glance, but it has a very sound logic:
1. First, you have the original 8.
2. The next 4 characters are the unlockable characters in Smash 64 in the same order as they appear in the roster when you count from left to right, up to down (like reading).
3. Next are the Melee starter newcomers in order of series debut in Smash.
4. Next are the Melee unlockable non-clone newcomers in order of series debut in Smash. Mewtwo comes first, then Marth and finally Mr. Game & Watch because he's the last character unlocked.
5. Following those are the Melee clones in their chronological debut order: Dr. Mario first, Roy last.
6. Brawl starter newcomers by the order in which they were revealed on the Dojo.
7. Brawl secret newcomers by order in which they were officially added on the Dojo.
8. Smash 4 starter newcomers, same logic as Brawl.
9. Smash 4 non-clone unlockable newcomers by their chronological debut order.
10. Smash 4 clone newcomers, same logic as Brawl.
11. All third-party characters, veterans or newcomers always show up last.
12. Mii Fighter types by order shown in-game: Brawler first, Gunner last.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not about the years.

It's about releasing it right in the middle of the PS4 and Xbox One's lifespan.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>Incest Marths

Holy **** my sides
I ****ing died with Incest Marths

It's like if your best friend promised you they will get to visit you at the hospital later because you can't right now but then you look outside your room and they're actually visiting another friend and they leave a BFF bracelet to them

Oh, so I have been reading it wrong all this time
That explains 50% of the game
That had me laughing to much as well!
This is certainly something....
So, who's ready for the Tri Force Heroes demo tonight?

What do you mean tonight? I thought the demo was local play only?

Chrono.

and that Nintendo DS was the worst failure of all-time coming out only three years after its predecessor!
To be fair Nintendo had like no handheld competition back then though? As the PSP came out a bit later than the DS.

Soul.

Wii U hasn't been doing anything spectacular in terms of sales lately; it has games, great ones, but as a company Nintendo obviously cares about the sales of their platforms. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if they gave up on it but I know that's a really stupid thing to think of.

But I'm more interested on seeing what will happen with their handhelds, if they'll end 3DS, if the new thing will be its own platform and not a hybrid, or if we will ever get another portable Smash.

Also with Vita more or less out of the way Nintendo is still the king in the portable market.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's hardly business suicide to kill off a failed console with barely any games on the horizon and veritably non-existent third-party support from anyone other than indies. It's pretty evident that Nintendo has already started killing off the Wii U; doing little to nothing to still actively promote the console, shifting resources away from its continued support, releasing games that were only either long-promised for the system or paltry little spin-offs.

Fans might get upset (and then most of them will get over it after some time), but business-wise it makes all the sense in the world when you bomb as hard as they did this time around. Four years is adequate for a failed product, especially when lots of tech has an even shorter turnaround period these days; this is hardly business suicide. Business suicide is contingent on how they handle the release of the NX.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What do you mean tonight? I thought the demo was local play only?
Friday, Oct. 16; 8PM - 1AM EST
Saturday, Oct. 17; 8PM - 1AM EST
Sunday, Oct. 18; 10AM - 3AM EST
At these times, the TriForce Heroes Demo enables Online Mode to allow you to play with friends and random people in your region. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Funny, I could've sworn Bowser Jr. was a starter in Smash U. :drshrug:
Am I correct on this notion?
I wouldn't know.
Secret Smash 4 characters include Bowser Jr. since he's unlockable on the 3DS version and was only officially revealed after the 3DS game's release.

And yes, the game lists Duck Hunt first.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
From what I've heard and seen, it seems like Nintendo is trying to separate their console schedules from Microsoft and Sony.

They were a year ahead of the New consoles with the Wii U. But, I think they want to be 3-4 years ahead.

Hear me out. It's a solid business strategy.

8 years is a consoles average lifespan.

Next year would be halfway through the XB1 and PS4's lifespan. While Nintendo doesn't 100% "compete" with Microsoft and Sony according to some. It's silly to pretend like they don't take a bit of sales when released at such similar dates.

Now if Nintendo was to release a console In the Middle of the competitors lifespan. They get ALL OF THE ATTENTION. No competition with other console releases. They practically have the Holiday season in the bag. This will increase sales exponentially.

What better time for Nintendo to do this change than when their console isn't doing too great? The Wii U isn't a failure... but it's not doing great either. Nintendo fanboys can pretend like that's not the case, but Nintendo is not on fire. (Though, they're rich as all hell, they don't need to be on fire).

I think it's a great idea to release NX next year. It's at least worth a shot. The Wii U isn't gonna sell much more than it already has.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We barely have anything for the 2015-2016 year. I think it's obvious they've moved on. I don't think it's a bad decision, but I personally am pissed of I invested in this console and didn't get much from it other than Smash and Mario kart. I'll probably pick up Mario maker sometime in the future along with xenoblade X, but other than that, not much compared to the other consoles.

Soul.

On another note I hope that for the love of Arceus, Nintendo please don't name NX "Wii something."
At this point I'm not sure if the Wii name makes a platform fail instead of succeed.

3DS doesn't have anything interesting either save for Super Mystery Dungeon, Fates, Paper Jam, HW Legends/Ace Attorney 6/Project X Zone 2.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well IGN just finish posting the Top 100 All-Time games list
#30-1
30. The Legend of Zelda
29. Red Dead Redemption
28. Final Fantasy VI
27. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night