• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why people have a problem with release gaps? It's not like the game where half made because of them (never played one).
While the games are ridiculously easy to make, it's certainly something that raises eyebrows, SomecallmeJohnny in fact said that he can't help but think lowly based on the release gaps
Huh, you're right. It will take longer than the main series.
Rule 1: Auntie Ryuga's always right
Rule 2: If Auntie Ryuga calls you out, you have to stay on the naughty step for 20 minutes

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
And the franchise isn't going to go anywhere, regardless how you feel.

Would you like if you made something successful and half a community spent its time ****ing on you for making a living?

What he's doing isn't much different than telltale doing their episodic games, and they get praised, more or less, for it
I'm not hating on the franchise though. I can respect the success Scott has had.

I just wish he'd take some time with this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel like Five Nights at Freddy's hate stems for a lot of people (not saying anyone here) from it being the cool new in thing to hate it because of it's success. It's a hipster thing for gamers or something.

But this kind of thing just happens in general with entertainment. Look no further than people hating on Minions or something of that nature for being successful, when nine times out of 10 the people who are angry and upset at it's success aren't even that franchise's core or key audience.
I was just about to say that.

We're a bunch of hipsters really.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I am a huge nut when it comes to RPG games. I love all sorts of RPG games like Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. Length doesn't matter to me unless if it is not necessary. Some RPGs can take up to a long time that make some people question "Is it over?" But hearing about a Five Nights at Freddy's RPG just makes me curious to no end. But I am glad the Five Nights at Freddy's series is complete. It just added more room into the franchise. My question is that, will this franchise ever stick no matter how fast time flies. After FNAF 4, I sort of forgotten the characters. The announcement of an RPG sort of made me remember. Once again, like I said, it sounds like an awesome idea.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I feel like Five Nights at Freddy's hate stems for a lot of people (not saying anyone here) from it being the cool new in thing to hate it because of it's success. It's a hipster thing for gamers or something.

But this kind of thing just happens in general with entertainment. Look no further than people hating on Minions or something of that nature for being successful, when nine times out of 10 the people who are angry and upset at it's success aren't even that franchise's core or key audience.
I love the Despicable me movie. I find them hilarious. The minions are pretty hilarious too, one of the series highlight. However, the one shoved in those awful Facebook post with Hitler and anti-vaccin quote deserve hate. Just like Facebook.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Can they be compared to the Mario and Sonic series?
No, those games take longer to make and change up the formula and level design every time
Even with the short release gaps people get more playtime out of the games instead of the maybe two hour chapters that tell tale releases.

And who's to say Scott doesn't put effort into his games? do you think he has each game programmed because he found a gameplay mechanic that works? He changes the way its played each time, changes bring bugs, and doesn't he develop alone or does he have a studio helping him?
Fnaf can be beaten in about an hour

A man who released 4 games in less than a year, starting development after the previous games sells, doesn't have to put lots of effort, it's not that hard to make these. A good comparison is bonbons and regular chocolate bars I guess

To be honest I hate the whole horror genre (jumpsacres especially) in general

The humongous coverage and having people post gifs of that **** in the middle of pages doesn't help matter
We're a bunch of hipsters really.
That is certainly true and I do not deny it :p

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
No, those games take longer to make and change up the formula and level design every time

A man who released 4 games in less than a year, starting development after the previous games sells, doesn't have to put lots of effort, it's not that hard to make these. A good comparison is bonbons and regular chocolate bars I guess
Isn't Scott introducing some new mechanic in each game? And how can people hate on Scott anyway? He seems like one highly generous and kind guy.

The humongous coverage and having people post gifs of that **** in the middle of pages doesn't help matter

That is certainly true and I do not deny it :p
I hate this genre too. (I'm too much of a scaredy cat)
FNAF lore is some delightful stuf thought.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It can be beaten in an hour, but it actually has replayabilty, as opposed to a strictly story based game that will basically play the same way with little changes from events.

If all he does with his time is make these games, then he will pump them out quickly, each game requires a new map, new assets, new programming, and ways to implement his secrets. I can almost guarantee it's not as easy to develop as most of the community believes

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I love the Despicable me movie. I found them hilarious. The minions are pretty hilarious. However, the one shoved in those awful Facebook post with Hitler and anti-vaccin quote deserve hate. Just like Facebook.
I've only seen the first one but I loved it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I see Minions comparisons. I think they are worse because of the fact that fnaf is almost strictly on the internet, though the movie will likely change it. Minions. Are. EVERYWHERE. The Minions are branded on so much junk food which in turn makes kids go 'MUMMY MUMMY THEY'VE GOT THE FUNNY YELLOW MEN I WANT IT'. fnaf isn't that bad as again, it's not everywhere and it also doesn't do anything outside of honest business. Minions are used everywhere for marketing and due to the large success of Minion branded junk food, the health of people isn't as good, especially kids as this works far too well

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I see Minions comparisons. I think they are worse because of the fact that fnaf is almost strictly on the internet, though the movie will likely change it. Minions. Are. EVERYWHERE. The Minions are branded on so much junk food which in turn makes kids go 'MUMMY MUMMY THEY'VE GOT THE FUNNY YELLOW MEN I WANT IT'. fnaf isn't that bad as again, it's not everywhere and it also doesn't do anything outside of honest business. Minions are used everywhere for marketing and due to the large success of Minion branded junk food, the health of people isn't as good, especially kids as this works far too well
Stuff like this is on bad parenting and parents not saying no to their kids. That's being bad at a human responsibilty.

Nothing of that is on fictional yellow men created to entertain kids, but rather the parents who can simply say ''No, Jimmy/Susie."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Isn't Scott introducing some new mechanic in each game? And how can people hate on Scott anyway? He seems like one highly generous and kind guy.

FNAF lore is some delightful stuf thought.
The games are very similar, and people literally only hate Scott because he had what the Dutch call 'a hole in the market'. Something people didn't know they liked and became very successful, most haters literally only are jealous of his success
It can be beaten in an hour, but it actually has replayabilty, as opposed to a strictly story based game that will basically play the same way with little changes from events.

If all he does with his time is make these games, then he will pump them out quickly, each game requires a new map, new assets, new programming, and ways to implement his secrets. I can almost guarantee it's not as easy to develop as most of the community believes
The challenge lies in anticipation aswell, there's also the fact Telltale has been known for their stories.

Scott has a family iirc, not to mention you're claiming we can't possibly know how much effort goes into it yet you're claiming the opposite about yourself. fnaf has fixed segments and uses gifs and such for it, it's much easier than literally all the gameplay. Dark Pit was for instance almost 100% the same as Pit and took a skilled team with a large budget about what? A few weeks to make. Scott is 1 person, your example is a team

Worked in a Kmart for about a month and a half this summer. The amount of Minion products I checked out was absurd. From lunchboxes to clothes to food to toys they were everywhere.

At the registers we had little products. The minions had their own type of tiny little keychain size figures. Disney had Hideaway pets.
The 25 something minion toys were gone in a week while pretty much being hidden (they were at a closed register) while the 6 disney products, which were mickey, minnie, and even Olaf did not sell even once in the time I was there. And they don't refill those things so it wasn't like they were sold during someone else's shift.

Those buggers are popular man. Even if kids weren't around that stuff sold for one reason or another. . .
I don't think the movie was out yet near me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Stuff like this is on bad parenting and parents not saying no to their kids. That's being bad at a human responsibilty.

Nothing of that is on fictional yellow men created to entertain kids, but rather the parents who can simply say ''No, Jimmy/Susie."
You're forgetting how incompetent our species is. You have a point here, but here's the thing: fnaf doesn't have millions of different things to sell, but rather, simply games. Minions are considered worse for being everywhere being sold as practically everything. I wouldn't be surprised if Minion tampons exist by now, they did it for Spongebob iirc

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You're forgetting how incompetent our species is. You have a point here, but here's the thing: fnaf doesn't have millions of different things to sell, but rather, simply games. Minions are considered worse for being everywhere being sold as practically everything. I wouldn't be surprised if Minion tampons exist by now, they did it for Spongebob iirc
Still not the fault of the Minions or their rights holders and creators.

If you can't control your human urges to buy something that's YOUR fault.

And even then if people want to buy Minions everything? Let them. If it's not affecting your life, why even care?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Still not the fault of the Minions or their rights holders and creators.

If you can't control your human urges to buy something that's YOUR fault.

And even then if people want to buy Minions everything? Let them. If it's not affecting your life, why even care?
I never said it was affecting my life. I was bringing up why they get a ****ton of flak for reasons that simply doesn't apply to fnaf. Not to mention when I hear little kids at work going 'MINION GOODIES' my ears bleed regardless whether or not the parents bought it or not because kids love screaming when I'm right next to them

D

Deleted member

The games are very similar, and people literally only hate Scott because he had what the Dutch call 'a hole in the market'. Something people didn't know they liked and became very successful, most haters literally only are jealous of his success

The challenge lies in anticipation aswell, there's also the fact Telltale has been known for their stories.

Scott has a family iirc, not to mention you're claiming we can't possibly know how much effort goes into it yet you're claiming the opposite about yourself. fnaf has fixed segments and uses gifs and such for it, it's much easier than literally all the gameplay. Dark Pit was for instance almost 100% the same as Pit and took a skilled team with a large budget about what? A few weeks to make. Scott is 1 person, your example is a team
You said earlier that people hate the games because of the release gaps, now you're contradicting yourself.

And the game uses gifs of what? Something he had to design, program, and animate? What's so different of that then tell tale just doing animation work for half of their games?

He obviously had a lore that he thought of far beyond the first game, and design is much more than actual programming. If you think development of each game didn't overlap you would probably be wrong. When designing there is a lot more than doing the work on the computer

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You said earlier that people hate the games because of the release gaps, now you're contradicting yourself.

And the game uses gifs of what? Something he had to design, program, and animate? What's so different of that then tell tale just doing animation work for half of their games?

He obviously had a lore that he thought of far beyond the first game, and design is much more than actual programming. If you think development of each game didn't overlap you would probably be wrong. When designing there is a lot more that doing the work on the computer
I said why people hated SCOTT. my last argument was specifically about the games.

It's a ****ing fact animation is easier to do than games, not to mention that would imply Scott had high hopes in fnaf. Well then Mr. Video game designer, tell me. 4 games in less than a year by 1 person when you have other games that have larger teams, larger budgets and more often than not, more skill with less consistent releases. Which do you think requires more effort? YOU brought up Telltale, so I also tried looking at it specifically at Telltale's view. Hell, Activision doesn't release games this often.

To think I was even defending this at first to then get backlash from a fan...

Chrono.

Apparently there's a limit to how many costumes you can unlock in Easy and Normal 100 Mario Challenge.

Nintendo why

D

Deleted member

I said why people hated SCOTT. my last argument was specifically about the games.

It's a ****ing fact animation is easier to do than games, not to mention that would imply Scott had high hopes in fnaf. Well then Mr. Video game designer, tell me. 4 games in less than a year by 1 person when you have other games that have larger teams, larger budgets and more often than not, more skill with less consistent releases. Which do you think requires more effort? YOU brought up Telltale, so I also tried looking at it specifically at Telltale's view. Hell, Activision doesn't release games this often.

To think I was even defending this at first to then get backlash from a fan...
iirc didnt he say he was gonna make the games regardless of them being a hit or not?

and I've never even played the games, i just don't think it's right to knock the effort of someone when you aren't with him to see his process or have not even developed a game before

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

My disdain for FNAF stems from the fact they are not that impressive or good games yet are insanely popular...
I am a hipster but that's not why I dislike it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

'You wanted these nice things in the thing you paid for? Too bad, Waluigi wants you to EARN those ****s'
It's not that dumb honestly, at least you won't constantly get duplicates. ****ing customs
There aren't any duplicates in this game, this isn't Smash.

I just don't like Expert mode, it's full of Kaizo wannabes, I'd rather avoid the mode at all costs.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
iirc didnt he say he was gonna make the games regardless of them being a hit or not?

and I've never even played the games, i just don't think it's right to knock the effort of someone when you aren't with him to see his process or have not even developed a game before
I'm unaware of this. Care to send a link?

You aren't aware of this either, how do you know how he developed things? I'm concluding this based on how the games tick and the release gaps. I've stated before that I don't care for the games and that I believe Scott's a cool guy
Kaizo wannabes,.
Forget what I said, Nintendo shouldn't have done that

There aren't any duplicates in this game, this isn't Smash.

I just don't like Expert mode, it's full of Kaizo wannabes, I'd rather avoid the mode at all costs.
To be quite honest you are the only person i've seen give a negative opinion towards SMM in any facet. It's all been rainbows and Uncicorns from what i've heard graham loves them
It's nice to here the game isn't perfect and i'm not missing much.

Chrono.

To be quite honest you are the only person i've seen give a negative opinion towards SMM in any facet. It's all been rainbows and Uncicorns from what i've heard graham loves them
The game is still really good, 100 Mario Challenge just isn't great imo because it's (mostly) random.

I prefer browsing courses on my own, though then you run into the auto-levels but that's another story.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There is no such thing as a game without flaws. Whether or not you're missing much however depends on whether you like the idea of Mario Maker to begin with

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My disdain for FNAF stems from the fact they are not that impressive or good games yet are insanely popular....
The lore is certainly impressive and I find them very fun as do many others.

Don't speak so matter of factly about stuff like that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
wesker sad.jpg

Wesker is sad.
(it's funny because the game pictured is as far from horror as you could get)

FYI, nothing against Scott. He does actually seem like an alright guy. But his games are boring and jumpscares as "punishment" is the quickest way to get me to never play your game again out of rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom