• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't understand why people are saying "save Inklings for Smash 5/6"

Strike while the iron is hot. We're not getting a new Smash game anytime soon and if we are, it will most likely be an all-star version to celebrate the 20th anniversary in 2019 that probably won't even be directed by Sakurai.

And there are chances that Splatoon won't even be a thing anymore by the time the next Smash drops. Bring them already.
Well, as Nintenzilla was fleshing out from Frost's point, technical limitations could be one factor to keep them from making them playable this game.

People seem to forget one thing about the Inklings, their ink... could that really be implemented in Smash Wii U, but more importantly, 3DS, just like how it is from Splatoon?... Could they work how Sakurai wants to be?

This is why I always had that mentality of "wait" because the next game would more than likely handle it. Who knows, it could really be possible this game, I would think so, if the 3DS wasn't a concern from me. But that's one thing I think could be something that could keep Sakurai from making them playable now.

Remember, this is the same guy who made characters stay as close as possible to their original sources, in design, and gameplay, and if the main point of the INKlings doesn't work as wanted?...Yeah, they may just not become DLC.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, as Nintenzilla was fleshing out from Frost's point, technical limitations could be one factor to keep them from making them playable this game.

People seem to forget one thing about the Inklings, their ink... could that really be implemented in Smash Wii U, but more importantly, 3DS, just like how it is from Splatoon?... Could they work how Sakurai wants to be?

This is why I always had that mentality of "wait" because the next game would more than likely handle it. Who knows, it could really be possible this game, I would think so, if the 3DS wasn't a concern from me. But that's one thing I think could be something that could keep Sakurai from making them playable now.

Remember, this is the same guy who made characters stay as close as possible to their original sources, in design, and gameplay, and if the main point of the INKlings doesn't work as wanted?...Yeah, they may just not become DLC.
Also, the Ice Climbers' main gimmick is what got them cut, due to framerate drops.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Why would 3DS ruin the chances of Inklings being playable? I don't get it.

We have Rosalina and Olimar...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Why would 3DS ruin the chances of Inklings being playable? I don't get it.

We have Rosalina and Olimar...
But then you have why the Ice Climbers gone from the game. It was the 3DS limitations.

I think if the Ink mechanic works in the 3DS, then they have no problem being in the game. As Frost said, they fit all the other requirements to be playable as DLC now, only if technical issues isn't a factor.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And there are chances that Splatoon won't even be a thing anymore by the time the next Smash drops. Bring them already.
I think that's exactly the problem some people have, that without more time passing we don't know if Splatoon is just a temporary fad or if it will have staying power.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just trying to help you understand where the other side is coming from.

what are the rules of being too new, less than 5 years old? I have people saying Shulk is too new before smash came out and the game he came from was 3-4 years old at the time. The too new rule can be bend to the person that uses it will, which I don't like . Until Sakurai comes out and said it himself I will not that the it's too new rule seriously.
Yeah, that's a good point; Xenoblade hadn't had a sequel (and hadn't even had a rerelease to give the first game better recognition) by the time Sm4sh was released, so I think that's probably the most effective counterargument to the "too new" argument. I don't think I've ever seen specific rules for what's "too new," but only having one game seems to be a big piece of the argument.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
vaanrose vaanrose
Say, if there's an open slot for the this whole betting thing, I'm willing to follow along. It wouldn't be the first time I've betted with avatars.

But then you have why the Ice Climbers gone from the game. It was the 3DS limitations.

I think if the Ink mechanic works in the 3DS, then they have no problem being in the game. As Frost said, they fit all the other requirements to be playable as DLC now, only if technical issues isn't a factor.
Just out of curiosity, what are we referring to when it comes to the "Ink Mechanic"?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So... You think it might be true?

I mean, I want to believe, but there just isn't enough evidence either way.
Which I guess is the point of gambling about it.
Like you said. No evidence either way. I said from the beginning I was giving this one the benefit of the doubt, and it's got a shelf date, so I don't see the harm in entertaining the possibility.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
vaanrose vaanrose
Say, if there's an open slot for the this whole betting thing, I'm willing to follow along. It wouldn't be the first time I've betted with avatars.

Just out of curiosity, what are we referring to when it comes to the "Ink Mechanic"?
I really don't have much understanding of what the Ink in Splatoon does since I never have hands on game experience, but from the looks of things, I think all the things the Inklings do with their ink, movement, attacks, and just the Ink's properties, like it being on stages and platforms, and how it just behaves in Splatoon, would it work in Smash just the same? Sakurai really does make's it clear how much will he try to make characters stay close to the source games, making some leeway, but is that enough for him to make them work as characters now?... I don't know, I would hope so, but I don't know for sure.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Uh... Oy, I hate to be that guy, but... what did I miss here?
I'm trying to catch up but I can't keep track of everything =P

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"You're a squid now! You're a kid now! You're a kid! You're a squid!"

Plus spraying the ink on the stage.
So, stage control? Well that doesn't sound too bad. Though I don't know how well that'd be in Smash...

Uh... Oy, I hate to be that guy, but... what did I miss here?
I'm trying to catch up but I can't keep track of everything =P
At this point I don't think any of us know.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I didn't really want to share this, but I felt this gives some info on the current situation right now regarding the rumor right now.
So, one of the people who I know that knows about the character (most likely Inklings) responded to me with this.
I know the 1st and 2nd. I even know a bit more than that, but I won't be discussing that, and no amount of questions will make me say otherwise. Just enjoy the ride.
What I gather from this is Stealth and others know ALOT more then they are letting off.

I'm scared...

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
vaanrose vaanrose

A thing where they spread ink across the battlefield and can then swim around in it. All over the battlefield.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I didn't really want to share this, but I felt this gives some info on the current situation right now regarding the rumor right now.
So, one of the people who I know that knows about the character (most likely Inklings) responded to me with this.

What I gather from this is Stealth and others know ALOT more then they are letting off.

I'm scared...
So... Is this the tenth or eleventh guy who says they know something? I'm beginning to lose count.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Has anyone here seen the Wizard of Oz? (I know you're all going to say yes but I'm still asking)

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
So, one of the people who I know that's know about the character (most likely Inklings) responded to me with this.

I'm scared...
All this waiting and all that "I know something, but I won't tell ya!" is slowly driving me crazy...

I'm scared...
How does it feel to be a part of a leak/rumor ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh, and the question I asked is related to the topic, I just wanted to make sure you'd all seen it so you know what I'm talking about.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I'm scared...
OK
Here's what we know;
  1. There are 2 Characters that people know of.
  2. Character #1 be revealed between now and either the 23rd (Most people say) the end of the month (Others say)
  3. Character #1 is a First-Party Newcomer that has a new Mechanic
  4. Character #2 exists, but we know nothing about them other than "They're there."
  5. There is indeed more than these two.
And here's what we assume;
  1. Character #1 is most-likely Inkling
  2. Everyone knows except me (Swamp might even know about it, noone is safe)
    That's about it
:4pacman:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I really hope this week goes by fast. This leak is killing me. But Tri Force Heroes will probably save me though.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, as a whole, about eleven/twelve...
I swear, at this rate we can make a colony out of those who know.
Well. I'm pretty sure everyone knows about Inkling know. So we pretty much only have one character left and according to the 8th person, plenty more from where that came from.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So basically, if they know more than we assume, then that means more Twitter leaks...

Yay...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't think it would stay on the battlefield long. It would probably be an extremely short duration.
Seeing as Splatoon Ink has the natural (And quite convenient) ability to vanish after 5 Minutes, we could probably just shorten that timer down to ~15-30 Seconds.
Plus there should be programming to make the Ink allowed on only Solid Floors and not Drop-through Floors and Walls (Especially walls) seeing as that could give the Inkling either entire stage control or an infinite recovery as long as there's a wall with Ink on it.
:4pacman:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well. I'm pretty sure everyone knows about Inkling know. So we pretty much only have one character left and according to the 8th person, plenty more from where that came from.
Well unless one of these character is the Great Lightning God Pichu himself, I ain't interested.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay, so what I was talking about before was that the Wizard of Oz (Oz the Great and Powerful) claims to have great magical powers, but Todo helps find out that he's only a man behind a curtain, and doesn't truely have any magical powers, but the main characters still get something. So why am I bringing this up? Well, I believe we can compare this to the rumour we're currently discussing, it's probably another "Ignore the man behind the curtain." type of thing.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm starting to feel like these leaks are just becoming one unescapable infomercial...
I miss Billy Mays. There was a charm to him that others didn't have (even if I never bought the scams called "products").

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It sucks. Really badly :p.
I feel your pain :p

So payday 2 money grabbing transactions summoned jim sterling wrath.

Welp with that only 2 non-valve multiplayer games worthed my money on steam,and the community for both are sadly almost dead.
A shame to see this is almost dead. This game was so much fun last time I played it :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom