• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo to stop selling 3 controllers, including Gamecube.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Why is it everything i hear about this year seems to suck balls? Because this isn't any different.

Eh, it's how **** goes. *****es need cash, *****es do ***** things to get cash.

With the ones you already have?

At first I was upset about this whole thing, but I realized it won't mean very much (It's still ridiculous, though). How often does anyone need to buy new Game Cube controllers?
Yes, i'm fairly sure that a cheaply manufactured product could last me for half a decade.

I only have about 2 good GC controls, and a lot of multiplayer games. The GC control has been used as a cheaper alternative to playing games on your Wii's virtual console. If Nintendo stops selling GC controls, the Wii's back play feature wouldn't be useful, and playing VC games would be limited to using the expensive power sucking devices known as Wiimotes.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
we should all go down and Falcon Punch the head of Anascape in the face

Anyone else who has never heard of Anascape before?
For those who have heard of Anascape before, tell us whether you care about their existence or not.

Crow!

Smash Lord
My understanding from the articles was that whatever random person had patented that design a long time ago recently incorporated Anascape for the exclusive purpose of suing the big gaming system makers.

The company literally does nothing, unless I've missed something. No goods, no services, just an entity that can sue another corporation.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
My understanding from the articles was that whatever random person had patented that design a long time ago recently incorporated Anascape for the exclusive purpose of suing the big gaming system makers.

The company literally does nothing, unless I've missed something. No goods, no services, just an entity that can sue another corporation.
This.

/10shigerushouldaknownbetter

A Wikipedia search has shown that Anascape is only mentioned in Wikipedia articles concerning Nintendo, no information regarding Anascape itself. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=Anascape&go=Go)
Also, a Google search didn't yield any results that weren't about/relating to the lawsuit (I continued reading about it until I deemed the information search a failure.). I can find nothing that they do! No original information! It seems like they just appeared from thin air specifically to sue them. It doesn't make much sense! Or maybe the company was created so that they could be sued…

SlyNinja

Smash Rookie
Spoilers:Nintendo can still sell the controllers, but Anascape earns a portion of the profits.

Also, we know nobody heard of Anascape, they don't do anything except make patents.

You have nothing to worry about, Nintendo is still aloud to sell them.

Spoilers:Nintendo can still sell the controllers, but Anascape earns a portion of the profits.

Also, we know nobody heard of Anascape, they don't do anything except make patents.

That isn't a spoiler. It is a graciously received message. (Even though I play Wiimote Nunchuk, I would be so upset being unable to revisit the amazing Gamecube titles like Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, the Pikmin series, et cetera.) So they settled for a profit royalty? I suppose that is fine for a ridiculous lawsuit. I hope that you are right.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
Why is Anascape suing Nintendo though? Why not Playstation or Xbox because both their controllers have an analog stick.

Mendou

Smash Rookie

I hope you're right. I might just go buy a few extra Nintendo GameCube controllers, just incase.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
I hope you're right. I might just go buy a few extra Nintendo GameCube controllers, just incase.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Now I just needa get some money. :dizzy:

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the same thing.

And NO ONE wants to buy controllers off of ebay. Been there. Done that.

Ebay controllers suck flaming monkey balls.

L__

Smash Master
...I'd set their building on fire, but I could not find a website to contact them. Nor could I find a specific address. All I know of them is they're in Texas and are total *******es. Who waits 7 years to sue someone because of a patent they don't create themselves? Oh, those f*cktards. Anascape.

T_T

Smash Cadet
The ban is on US right? Oh well I live in Canada so it dont affect me. Still really stupid though.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Why is Anascape suing Nintendo though? Why not Playstation or Xbox because both their controllers have an analog stick.
Xbox settled out of court and I think Sony paid them to use this patent a long time ago. I'm not sure about that though.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Why would Nintendo controllers be banned? thats bull crap

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Yeah those white GC controllers are cool.
On topic.....
Who is Anascape?
Maybe they were made to sue Nintendo.
Who knows?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i hope this makes the wii have to be discontinued. :] (or turned into a exersize only thing)
Then they can make a better system that doesnt have all this mostion controll **** and has atleast a desent amount of memory. It was ment to be :]

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
It's quite sad, really. Whoever those nobodies are, they ought to know they cannot defeat Nintendo in a court of law. Fools.

Top Bottom