• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Press Conference of Doom '07

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Just TBD, although apparently it's been confirmed that Japan will be getting Brawl on January 24, 2008... so I have a feeling it's been bumped up a month for us Americans too. :(

~Old Man Nintendo

Rash

Smash Ace
I really hope the release date is only pushed a few weeks for America. For me personally, Dec. 3 would be too early and I wouldn't even get to play it due to studying for finals, but anywhere between December 10th and Christmas would be fine because that lands right in the middle of my Winter Break.

Sakurai changed the release date, and likely the game will be pushed back. But maybe he just changed it because he doesn't want to be unsure of when he'll be ready to release the game. The game would still sell like crazy, but getting it out before Christmas would definitely prove beneficial.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The only benefit besides balance, is that it won't cause me to fail my finals this semester that start like december 13th.
Ditto. But I just hope it's only pushed back a couple weeks because I was looking forward to playing it over break. :(

quithas

Smash Cadet
Its Ok

If the game is delayed till later in December or even 2008 its kind of a good thing. Mr Sakurai Is pulling out all the stops and making this game massive. So guys lets just be patient and hope for the best Smash Bros game ever.

NukeA6

Smash Master
All of Nintendo's best games get delayed. It's always been like that. Just look at Ocarina of Time and Perfect Dark.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
If the game is delayed till later in December or even 2008 its kind of a good thing. Mr Sakurai Is pulling out all the stops and making this game massive. So guys lets just be patient and hope for the best Smash Bros game ever.
Someone get this guy outta here...jk....no but really......get him out.....no no jk again.

I would just like to say....Ypu guys are speculating that it has been delayed. Until there is a formal announcement I'm not putting any stock into it. USA got melee before Japand didnt we?

Black Tyranno

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. Brawl playable at E for All! Link’s Crossbow Training, Galaxy, and more!

Want to Play Galaxy and Brawl? Visit Nintendo’s Booth at E for All.

You might want to get in line for Nintendo’s booth at the E for All Expo now.

Nintendo will be showing a huge lineup of cool games for both Wii(TM) and Nintendo DS(TM), including the hugely anticipated Super Mario(R) Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. (R) Brawl. The Oct. 18-22 event at the Los Angeles Convention Center will be the first opportunity for the public to get their hands on these games and take them for a test drive.

In addition, Nintendo will host a daily Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. Competitors get a free Wii-themed T-shirt, and a different T-shirt will be available each day of the show.

Although the lineup is subject to change, the complete list of games for Nintendo systems scheduled to appear at E for All include:

Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Donkey Kong(R) Barrel Blast
Battalion Wars(TM) 2
Fire Emblem(TM): Radiant Dawn
Wii Zapper(TM) with Link’s Crossbow Training(TM)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Resident Evil(R): The Umbrella Chronicles
Medal of Honor Heroes(TM) 2
Ghost Squad(TM)

Nintendo DS
Professor Layton(R) and the Curious Village
Pokemon(R) Diamond and Pokemon(R) Pearl
Flash Focus(TM): Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Brain Age(TM): Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age(TM) 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Mario Party(R) DS
The Legend of Zelda(R): Phantom Hourglass
Nintendogs(TM)
Mario Kart(R) DS
New Super Mario Bros. (R)
Animal Crossing(R): Wild World
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
Final Fantasy XII
Jam Sessions
WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
My Spanish Coach

Maybe it will be out before Oct.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=26847

quithas

Smash Cadet
WorldWide Release

I know it hasnt been announced but I am kinda hoping for a delay because if we get it before Japn does it could mean the Japan version could have more stuff than the american version. Or maybe Nintendo is gonna try and do a worldwide release for this game which would be totally cool by me. I dont think Nintendo has ever done a worldwide release for a game before. Well lets just hope for the best and hope this game comes sooner than later.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Someone get this guy outta here...jk....no but really......get him out.....no no jk again.

I would just like to say....Ypu guys are speculating that it has been delayed. Until there is a formal announcement I'm not putting any stock into it. USA got melee before Japand didnt we?
if USA did get Brawl before Japan..Smash fans from USA are in truble.............

Chari

Smash Apprentice
*sighs* I'm not going to wait any longer. This is just a bunch of bullcrap. If they confirmed the release date, then that's when they shold just keep it there rather than making everyone more impatient.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
*sighs* I'm not going to wait any longer. This is just a bunch of bullcrap. If they confirmed the release date, then that's when they shold just keep it there rather than making everyone more impatient.
like some one said before me.....They always delay the good games to make it perfect....

Rash

Smash Ace
like some one said before me.....They always delay the good games to make it perfect....
Yeah, and with a game like Smash you want it to last. Perfection (at the discretion of the director) is all that really matters when it comes to games like this.

It may be dissapointing to have to wait another month, but wouldn't you just feel better knowing that everything the director (in this case, Sakurai) and his team wanted in the game was implemented smoothly?

Heck, what if the potential extra month solidifies the Wi-Fi mode?

Sir James

The Doctor
"There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident."

Taken straight from Sakurai himself on today's Dojo update. I doubt the delay is only a few weeks. Although I really want to play this game ASAP, I can wait a couple of extra months if it means the game being 100% polished and complete. Remember...this may very well be our last Smash Brothers game (or at least a Smash Brothers done by Sakurai). This game is supposed to last us decades!

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
*Sighs* I just hope it isn't delayed too long.. I want it to be out before 2008, so if they delay it by a few days/weeks, it's fine with me...
Months? Well... then I might just have to hurt someone..

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
have you guys checked the japanese site? their release date appears to be

January 24, 2008

and how America always seems to get games after Japan...we might not be getting the game til February

Rash

Smash Ace
have you guys checked the japanese site? their release date appears to be

January 24, 2008

and how America always seems to get games after Japan...we might not be getting the game til February
I don't think so.

Sakurai announced the earliest date possible for the game as December 3rd, and that was for America. Obviously, if the Japanese and American release dates aren't the same, then America has priority and will likely be released first.

Drake3

Smash Ace
"There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident."

It's still possible that he'll finish it on time. If not, it'll be delayed for the greater good. *cries*

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
Nintendo has disappointed us again, ladies and gentlemen. Not only have they failed to live up to the promise that enough Wiis will be shipped out to everyone time after time, but they failed to keep the promise that Brawl will be released by early December. I only hope the new release date won't be too late...

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who says they don't believe the delay/change of release date/whatever, the official blog site changed the release date section (on the left) from Dec 3rd, 2007 back to TBD. So the whole argument of not believing it is rather wasteful.

And this is Nintendo we're talking about. I could go and find Miyamoto's quote on delaying games for perfection, but I'm sure it's been butchered and reused a billion times in previous threads.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yeah, and with a game like Smash you want it to last. Perfection (at the discretion of the director) is all that really matters when it comes to games like this.

It may be dissapointing to have to wait another month, but wouldn't you just feel better knowing that everything the director (in this case, Sakurai) and his team wanted in the game was implemented smoothly?

Heck, what if the potential extra month solidifies the Wi-Fi mode?
yeah thats tru....but honestly...should game really take over a year during production????

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
that sucks, I miss december third... Anyways, maybe this will lead to a sooner release, as has been said, but why does that seems so unlikely... wait, demo??! when did this happen? any gameplay videos out there, or was filming not allowed... Dangit, go to sleep for ONE night and the smash community is going insane!!!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
that sucks, I miss december third... Anyways, maybe this will lead to a sooner release, as has been said, but why does that seems so unlikely... wait, demo??! when did this happen? any gameplay videos out there, or was filming not allowed... Dangit, go to sleep for ONE night and the smash community is going insane!!!
I kno right???? Sakurai played the biggest Trick on us all!!!

Star105

Smash Journeyman
you know............. this update was great and all but it felt....................................................................................... like an apology

we get sonic so its all good but the release date gets pushed back

so all sonic fans will probably be like "OMG SONIC IS CONFIRMED!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! but........... the release date gets pushed back...........aaaaawwwwww.......... oh well SONIC IS CONFIRMED so i can wait........."

and all people who doesn't like sonic will be like "what a crappy update a character that i don't like and the release date gets pushed back.......awww man this sucks........"

so it seems like an apology since alot of people when sonic is confirmed would have been like "OMG SONIC IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR DEC 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):bigthumbu:bigthumbu:bigthumbu::colorful::colorful:

u see what i mean it just seems to me like they are apologizing for the delay.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
you know............. this update was great and all but it felt....................................................................................... like an apology

we get sonic so its all good but the release date gets pushed back

so all sonic fans will probably be like "OMG SONIC IS CONFIRMED!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! but........... the release date gets pushed back...........aaaaawwwwww.......... oh well SONIC IS CONFIRMED so i can wait........."

and all people who doesn't like sonic will be like "what a crappy update a character that i don't like and the release date gets pushed back.......awww man this sucks........"

so it seems like an apology since alot of people when sonic is confirmed would have been like "OMG SONIC IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR DEC 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):bigthumbu:bigthumbu:bigthumbu::colorful::colorful:

u see what i mean it just seems to me like they are apologizing for the delay.
and which out of those ppl u mentioned are u a part of???? XDDD

Top Bottom