• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Power's Innovative Icon- Nester

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Does the studio Retro Studios ring a bell? Perhaps Metroid Prime and DKC Returns will...
Retro Studios is based in Austin, Texas, United States of AMERICA.

And, guys! This will be a long night, if BluePikmin11 doesn't accept the fact that his arguments are void. I'm sharing my popcorn bowl with y'all!

[collapse="Popcorn!"][/collapse]
A pretty much good reason why we all realized King K. Rool wasn't in Brawl afterwards.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I believe there exists a Metroid Prime stage, Metroid Prime music and Metroid Prime Trophies and Stickers. Your point being?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think we should be asking you the same thing, BluePikmin...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know who'd be a similar but more awesome character? Captain N

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
wow,this thread turned pretty murderous for a thread suggesting a Magazine Mascot as a WTF character. I mean the Mr. Hanafuda thread didn't get this bad, and he's pretty much in the same spot as Nester, give or take.

on a minor side note, just read the final Nester comic...the "I'll never let you fall" line hit me right in the feels.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is trolling. :glare: Because I can claim (super) specifically on why he should be in, ignoring why he should be in (in general). (I was reenacting you guys)
I'm gonna troll. (This is you!)

We wouldn't have accused you of trolling if you hadn't brought this argument into other threads...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's because it's not a good idea. ;)
I was going to say that earlier. I'm glad someone did.

Also I think this is a hint of what's to come. Like in the pre-Brawl days, people would get their hopes up for really stupid ideas and defend them with really stupid arguments. Though there are lots of stupid character threads now, I don't see many people actually expecting the more stupid choices.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
being honest though,I'd like to meet the guy/gal who called ROB being in Brawl.

they must feel like the king of the internet or something.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nobody's expecting them. They're more like hoping for them to appear miraculously.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I predict ROB in the next game can I be king next?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
G&W in Melee, ROB in Brawl, then............. Virtual Boy for Smash 4! :troll:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well it would be nice if Nester got in, sadly despite being a Nintendo character; he did not originate in games which really reduces his chances. It doesn't help he had his own game and appeared on Pilotwings 64 under a different name.

Yeah, the whole R.O.B. thing is some kind of loophole, he is indeed a character in a game but originated as a real world videogame tool. Somehow Mr. Game and Watch fits in this loophole as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread was revived?!

I can imagine the grin on BluePikmin's face when he sees this. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, the whole R.O.B. thing is some kind of loophole, he is indeed a character in a game but originated as a real world videogame tool. Somehow Mr. Game and Watch fits in this loophole as well.
The Game & Watch games were the systems, Mr. Game & Watch was a character in those games. He originated in a game, unlike Nestor and ROB.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Still, there were rather handheld games; not videogames from cartridge, disc or someother equivalent format. Of course later the Game & Watch games made their way into Game Boy games but still no actal Mr. Game and Watch character existed until Meele who basically is like a composite of the G&W games. Not saying he shoud not be there, but yeah it is somewhat of a loophole/grey area.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still, there were rather handheld games; not videogames from cartridge, disc or someother equivalent format. Of course later the Game & Watch games made their way into Game Boy games but still no actal Mr. Game and Watch character existed until Meele who basically is like a composite of the G&W games. Not saying he shoud not be there, but yeah it is somewhat of a loophole/grey area.
At the end of the day, they were games. He is a video game character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...what the **** is a Nester?
I looked it up online
a person who lines a toilet seat with toilet paper, paper towels or some other paper product before using a public toilet, then leaves the "nest" of paper on the seat, to the chagrin of everyone else who uses the restroom.
Did you see the goddamn bathroom? The ****ing nester left his ****ing nest on the toilet again.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
*comes to post April Fools fake, sees dead argument between @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 and a bunch of moderators before they were moderators*

Uuuuhhhhhhh.........
So I saw this today.
http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/characters/nester.html

I think it's legit.
No. Though, I like how you hotlinked it as ".com" instead of ".us". Clever.

But the model looks terrible, not even remotely convincing. Shoryuken got fooled, though, that was funny. They thought it was Sakurai's April fools joke. They later amended their article after realizing that it was on a fake site.

An April fools day joke masquerading as someone else's April Fools Day joke two days early. Weird world.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I also don't think that most European players know about this character, too...
Oh I can answer that.

Cor, Who the blooming Heck is this Tosser?

You must be right Barmy for wanting this nancy boy, I'd feel diddled if he was included.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
no srsly gais nester was on the main website for like 2minutes you missed it

this was the banner to his character page

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I liked the pics in the april fools prank, I'd play him. Also I believe this increases his odds for a later game immensely. Sonic and Tails were a melee april fools prank. Then there was Sonic in Brawl.

Nester for first round of DLC? Obviously!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Y'know, looking at the title, and at the character in general, I'm really having a tough time understanding. What exactly was "Innovative" or "Iconic" about Nester? He's just a Nintendo-loving guy, which was a common character archetype for Nintendo back in the late 80s-early 90s. I mean, look at movies like The Wizard, or at Captain N. He's pretty much that.

Adding to that, even if there WAS a remote possibility of this character being added, which is not even close to possible, for many reasons BESIDES him being unknown EVERYWHERE, it's ridiculous. I had Nintendo Power for over a decade as a kid, (was born in 91) and never saw Nester once. I had no idea who he was until I looked him up quite literally two days ago.

Is it just me, or does looking at the character model for too long make anyone else uncomfortable? I mean, it's just so...****ing creepy.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Y'know, looking at the title, and at the character in general, I'm really having a tough time understanding. What exactly was "Innovative" or "Iconic" about Nester? He's just a Nintendo-loving guy, which was a common character archetype for Nintendo back in the late 80s-early 90s. I mean, look at movies like The Wizard, or at Captain N. He's pretty much that.

Adding to that, even if there WAS a remote possibility of this character being added, which is not even close to possible, for many reasons BESIDES him being unknown EVERYWHERE, it's ridiculous. I had Nintendo Power for over a decade as a kid, (was born in 91) and never saw Nester once. I had no idea who he was until I looked him up quite literally two days ago.

Is it just me, or does looking at the character model for too long make anyone else uncomfortable? I mean, it's just so...****ing creepy.
You were born in 91.

Nintendo Power started in 88.

You couldn't read until at least 95-96.

So about a decade of Nester comics still existed. Now did the april fools day joke miss a step by not making him play opposite former Nintendo of America President Howard (with Bow Tie of course) as an ice climber style character? Yeah, but nobody's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom