• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Power's Innovative Icon- Nester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You were born in 91.

Nintendo Power started in 88.

You couldn't read until at least 95-96.

So about a decade of Nester comics still existed. Now did the april fools day joke miss a step by not making him play opposite former Nintendo of America President Howard (with Bow Tie of course) as an ice climber style character? Yeah, but nobody's perfect.
Is it then implied that he was well known to people who had Nintendo Power in the 80s (and early 90s)? Even if he was, I'm pretty sure he was "Just that guy that was in the Nintendo Power comics" and they didn't really remember him for being iconic or innovative. That's mostly my question to the thread title itself. I'm not really concerned about the joke site. (Other than how eye-searingly awful the model looks if you stare at it too long.)

Last edited:

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
the whole thing was an april fools joke by a group that wants nintendo power back. I looked it up...but now it's giving me ideas...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom