• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Nintendo made some mistakes with labelling the music in game

the8thark

Smash Lord
Nintendo made some mistakes with labelling the music in game

These are palaces in Zelda 2, not temples. 6 palaces and a 7th great palace. Mistake there by Nintendo.

Nintendo mixed up the titles for Corneria and Main theme. What they have as Cormeria actually comes from Lylat Wars. And what they have as the Lylat Wars opening, is actually Corneria from Starwing.

Lylat Wars is the EU/Aus name for Starfox 64.
Starwing is the EU/Aus name for Star Fox.

This is what Corneria from Star Fox/Wing sounds like on the SNES.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMvkkqxs8m0

I think there is one more Starfox music related labelling mixup in the game as well. If I can find it I'll put it up.

These screenshots are from the Australian PAL version of Smash WiiU.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The palaces were called temples in the Japanese version

the8thark

Smash Lord
The palaces were called temples in the Japanese version
Well translation error then. That can be forgiven. I didn't know that and thanks. Strange this happens but all of the other regional differences are intact in the game.

For example: The game names in the PAL version use their European/Australian names.

Kirby's Superstar is Kirby's FunPack in the EU/Aus
Star Fox is Starwing in the EU/Aus
Star Fox 64 is Lylat WarsSo I wonder why they didn't here used the regional wording we use here for it.

And home run uses metres in the PAL release.Anyway thanks for that. The Starfox issue though is a mistake though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wouldn't the Star Fox thing be a mistake that's been carried over? didn't they have those names in the previous games?

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
The biggest mistake was calling the Snowman portion of the 'Onett / Winters Theme' "Winters"

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The Temple song is probably called that because the Melee stage it's from is called "Temple," and it's the theme of that stage.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Sakurai explained that the "Corneria" song has that name because it plays in the Corneria stage in Melee. The only name that bugs me is "Pokémon Stadium 2 (Melee)". Why isn't it called "Battle Theme (Melee)" like it was in Brawl? It makes it sound like the Pokémon Stadium 2 stage is in Melee, but it isn't.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
The biggest mistake was calling the Snowman portion of the 'Onett / Winters Theme' "Winters"
It is called Winters, though. That's okay because Snowman from Brawl is also in the game. :b:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
It is called Winters, though. That's okay because Snowman from Brawl is also in the game. :b:
Actually, the song that plays inside the boarding school (which is indeed locted in Winters) in Earthbound is the same one as the Snowman song from the original Mother. However, the track that plays outside of the boarding school is a completely different one, and most people (including me) thought that it would be this one.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Actually, the song that plays inside the boarding school (which is indeed locted in Winters) in Earthbound is the same one as the Snowman song from the original Mother. However, the track that plays outside of the boarding school is a completely different one, and most people (including me) thought that it would be this one.
Oh, building the snowman part. I see what he's saying now.

the8thark

Smash Lord
The Temple song is probably called that because the Melee stage it's from is called "Temple," and it's the theme of that stage.
You could argue that point for the Main stage music and I'd let you win there. But when the Great Palace music is also called great temple, then the argument just falls apart. The tracks are clearly remixes from Zelda 2. I think the whole "were called Temples in Zelda 2 Jan but were never translated to palaces in the NTSC and PAL Smash games as they should have been is the reasoning for this.

Sakurai explained that the "Corneria" song has that name because it plays in the Corneria stage in Melee.
Yep the mistake was there since Melee. And Nintendo just ran with it in each follow up Smash game.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is not the first time. They labelled "Stickerbrush Symphony" as "Bramble Blast" in Brawl.

Bramble Blast happens to be the name of the first stage the music plays on, not the name of the actual song.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
They also called Bob-Omb Battlefield "Main Theme (Super Mario 64)".

As amazing as Bob-Omb Battlefield's theme is (it's probably one of my favorite tracks in gaming, definitley my favorite in SM64), it isn't the game's main theme.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

As amazing as Bob-Omb Battlefield's theme is (it's probably one of my favorite tracks in gaming, definitley my favorite in SM64), it isn't the game's main theme.
It plays on some other stages as well, or at least Whomp's Fortress.

I do wish they had used the Galaxy 2 remix, though (or at least had it in Mario Galaxy):

Last edited:
A lot of the track titles are an organization disaster. Really wouldn't hurt them to go through and rename a few next time - particularly the ones that played on Melee stages originally. "Mother 2" isn't even a track from Mother 2 if I remember right.

Raijinken

Smash Master
To say nothing of them saying "Fire Emblem" (song) is from Fire Emblem, when it's from Melee. At least they credited the other FE songs to the proper games, even if they left ones from 7 as "Fire Emblem" in the US release (which makes some sense from a localization standpoint, as that's the only game in the entire series without a subtitle).

A lot of the track titles are an organization disaster. Really wouldn't hurt them to go through and rename a few next time - particularly the ones that played on Melee stages originally. "Mother 2" isn't even a track from Mother 2 if I remember right.
"Mother" and "Mother 2" would properly be Bein' Friends and Polyanna respectively. They finally got Polyanna right, but Bein' Friends is still called Onett (Melee). Both are from Mother, not Mother 2/Earthbound.

The Winters/Snowman thing is also a bit tricky, but at least for me Snowman is the song I think of when I think of Winters anyway.

Khao

Smash Lord
Yep the mistake was there since Melee. And Nintendo just ran with it in each follow up Smash game.
The point is that it's not a mistake. The name doesn't refer to the song's title, but to the stage it plays on, and that's how it was meant to be back then.

This is the Corneria theme because it's what sounds in the Corneria stage.

Note that except for the the songs that are just hidden alternate bonuses (Like Saria's Song or Mach Rider) this is the case with every stage theme in Melee. They're all named after the stage they play on, not the song they're based on. It was just more convenient to do that when they had a smaller music selection.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
To say nothing of them saying "Fire Emblem" (song) is from Fire Emblem, when it's from Melee. At least they credited the other FE songs to the proper games, even if they left ones from 7 as "Fire Emblem" in the US release (which makes some sense from a localization standpoint, as that's the only game in the entire series without a subtitle).
Well, the original Melee track is a remix of a song from Fire Emblem, so it makes sense that either the game or the series would be credited as the original source.

Sephirothkefka

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sephirothkefka
3DS FC
0344-9296-3509
They called the In the Final from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story The Grand Finale for some stupid reason.

D

Deleted member 269706

If only they weren't focused on implementing Dark Pit...

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
They did however fix the Kid Icarus track Skyworld from Brawl and renamed it Overworld in Wii U which is what track it actually was from Kid Icarus. Sadly, Skyworld does not have a track in either game.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney

If I remember correctly, it was actually called the Main Theme on the Original Soundtrack for Super Mario 64.

EDIT: Yep, the Mario wiki has the official track listing: http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_64_Original_Soundtrack

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Don't even get me started on the fact that "Bein' Friends," with a few other songs medley'd in, was passed off as Onett's theme in both Melee and Brawl.

I'm so glad they have the actual Onett theme in this game. I set that to most likely on Onett.

PCHU

Smash Lord
The one Wario Land track they did have is labelled "Ruins" although (I believe) it's named after the place the song plays on, Stonecarving City.

Top Bottom