• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Tomorrow (the 18th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
GUYS!!!!!! Sakurai just tweeted saying there is a direct tomorrow, the fact that he acknowledge it makes me think there has to be something smash related!!!
Oh okay, okay... Maybe Pikajew is on to something, then... Well damn. Hope to see either King DDD or someone new altogether.

Xigger

Smash Lord
If this thread isn't chalk-full of conversation leading up to the Direct tomorrow, I'll be disappointed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Please be a newcomer that isn't a Mii (because of that one Reddit rumor.) Please oh please oh please!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look. I don't care what they reveal, as long as its not Mii's. they can reveal a walking piece of **** on a stick tomorrow, and its Ok with me because it doesn't serve to disconfirm playable Little Mac.

Any month other than December is fine to reveal Mii.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If this thread isn't chalk-full of conversation leading up to the Direct tomorrow, I'll be disappointed.

For some reason all of the pre-Direct hype has been taking place in the Daily Photo thread. xD

I expect this thread to fill up once the US people start waking up.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I have pretty big hopes for today. Am I the only one who's hoping for a look at the new modes and features more than the characters? It's time to explain that customization stuff imho

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
THE HYPE TRAIN HAS ARRIVED! ALL ABOARD FOR NEXT STOP: NINTENDO DIRECT! CHUGGA CHUGGA I LIKED ALL Y'ALL'S POSTS CHOO CHOO! [/unnecessaryoverreactionbecauseitisfun]

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll have to get to bed before the Direct, so I can get up early for Christmas shopping. Wish I could stay up though. I'll stay for a while longer.

Hopefully whatever happens is something very pleasing, perhaps something that'll make my jaw drop when I wake up.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Imagine if Sakurai dropped a double whammy on us and revealed both Ridley and Mewtwo duking it out in a new trailer?

Smashboards would crash for a month.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Imagine if Sakurai dropped a double whammy on us and revealed both Ridley and Mewtwo duking it out in a new trailer?

Smashboards would crash for a month.
My god. That'd certainly rekindle the hype. They DO need to start announcing the "badass" looking characters like Rids and Mewtwo, so that'd certainly be awesome.

Morbi

Scavenger
My god. That'd certainly rekindle the hype. They DO need to start announcing the "badass" looking characters like Rids and Mewtwo, so that'd certainly be awesome.
That is true, they are kind of the hype characters this time around. Sonic was last time; however, it was overly apparent that no one cares anymore.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah the hype characters this time around are Ridley, Mewtwo, and K Rool.

A reveal of any of those 3 will cause the internet to explode.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That is true, they are kind of the hype characters this time around. Sonic was last time; however, it was overly apparent that no one cares anymore.

True, and true @Banjodorf. I think, if there is a new character revealed tonight, it has to be someone fierce, not a third cute character addition. Mega Man is awesome, and he's pretty bad*** if you've played his games, but he doesn't look particularly bad***. Sonic reveal with Brawl was nuts. Sonic reveal for SSB4 was, well, expected.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
It appears that the HYPE TRAIN is leaving station and I cannot pay the fare. THIS SHALL NOT BE THE END OF HYPE, OH NO, THE HYPE SHALL HYPE ON! But it shall do so with one less passenger. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, VACENT SEAT AVAILABLE!
-
Haha, I can't stay up any longer. I wanted to wait for the Direct but that's another four hours away, at 9AM. So... I'll see y'all tomorrow while we discuss the new and awesome stuff that gets revealed. :cool: And I will be liking every single post in here when I get back, haha.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. I mean, Mega Man is a beast, but compared to Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool, etc. he doesn't look very "badass."

I'm super pumped for him, but Brawl had Wolf, Ike, Snake, Lucario, MK; we need summa THAT action.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Besides Smash, are there any other games you're hoping to see? Wouldn't mind some information about X

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Besides Smash, are there any other games you're hoping to see? Wouldn't mind some information about X
We need some info about those Yoshi games. Yarn Yoshi and Yoshi's new Island

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kirby, Mario Kart, Yoshi's New Island, Pokémon Bank, and if we're really extremely lucky a follow-up to Reggie's Metroid tease at VGX.

splat

Smash Lord
I'd be really surprised if we wouldn't get anything on the upcoming Kirby Triple Deluxe game. I don't think I've seen anything on it, yet it launches on January 11th already.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
MK8 would be nice, a more polished trailer than what we saw at E3. There's plenty of trailers up on the Japanese site for Kirby Triple Deluxe, so if we don't get any I won't be that upset.

I really want to see Yarn Yoshi, Kirby's Epic Yarn was such a fun game, I can't wait to see what they do here. It's kind of like a sequel/homage to Yoshi's Story IMO.

New Metroid would be insane, but I feel that that'll come to us next year.

DK:TF will be pushed on us again, which is okay, the game looks awesome, but I would rather see something else.

I'd love to see more from X, and more third party games, perhaps something a bit darker?

Oh, and seeing as my new Majora's Mask phone case came today, I'm taking it as a sign that MM will be ported and remade for the 3DS.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd be really surprised if we wouldn't get anything on the upcoming Kirby Triple Deluxe game. I don't think I've seen anything on it, yet it launches on January 11th already.
I've seen two additional gameplay videos after it's reveal.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What? No "Here WII go"? I have to admit, I'm more disappointed than I would otherwise be. Still. ****in hype train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom