• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Smash Recap

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Despite the fact that it aired on April 1st, yesterday's Nintendo Direct was no joke! With many exciting Smash related announcements, fans of the series have a ton to be excited about in the coming months! A trailer for Mewtwo was shown and Smash veteran from Brawl Lucas was shown out of nowhere, but there were other exciting updates for the game as well. Alongside Mewtwo becoming available for those with the free download code on the 15th the game will get an update to Version 1.0.6. This update will add the ability to purchase add-on content, add the ability to share screenshots, Mii Fighters, replays, and customs stages on the Wii U version, a balance patch, and "other adjustments for more enjoyable gameplay." The Mii Fighters will not only gain the ability to be shared however, there will also be new sets of costumes available for purchase!

Mii Swordfighter Becomes A Monkey? Finally Top Tier!

Nintendo announced that they will be releasing costume packs inspired by famous franchises alongside other cool costumes for players to customs their Miis in battle with. Each individual set will cost $0.75 for version and $1.15 for both versions, and the bundle with all of the new costumes will cost $6.00 per version and $9.20 for both games. But the excitement didn't stop there!

After discussions with game director Masahiro Sakurai, a Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot has been created. This will allow players to directly send suggestions to the development team for characters players want added to Smash! The website says it is only accepting video game characters and requests only one vote per person so Smash fans will have to choose carefully. The ballot is available on the official Smash Bros website.

More amiibo news was released as well, showing off the next waves of amiibo that will be hitting the shelves in May. Dark Pit and Palutena are coming in July with Olimar, Bowser Jr., Doctor Mario, Zero Suit Samus, and Ganondorf coming in September. Plans for Lucas and Mewtwo amiibo were also announced but there wa no mention of a possible release date.

There were many other exciting announcements and news updates happened during the direct related to other Nintendo products as well. Stay tuned to Smashboards for the rest of our Nintendo Direct Recap!

SmashCapps put his vote in for Harry from Teleroboxer since he wants Virtual Boy represented in Smash! Follow him on Twitter to discuss everything from the Nintendo Direct.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
The best part of the direct for me at least was seeing the fighter ballot. It means that Nintendo actually will listen to at least some of what the fans want.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
I'm so excited nintendo is going the dlc route with smash bros.
Hopefully these new editions will be awesome.
Why am I saying hopefully, they WILL be awesome

Globe

I only care for waifus
pay respect to all the employes that have/count to read every submission.

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
"other adjustments for more enjoyable gameplay."
Now now... are we nerfing Greninja again?
Or maybe re-using the vectoring, again?
Buff to Diddy Kong?
Patching a tech?

There are a lot of possibilities....

dezeray112

Smash Hero
You can say I'm glad Nintendo are continuing to provide ongoing support for Smash.

Other than that, I really am looking forward to the Fire Emblem if game overall.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
I wonder how will the replay share work? We probably can't upload directly to YouTube, but I'm guessing there will be highlights you can watch that have been shared by the community.

On another topic, I can't decide who I would want to vote for on the ballot.

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how will the replay share work? We probably can't upload directly to YouTube, but I'm guessing there will be highlights you can watch that have been shared by the community.

On another topic, I can't decide who I would want to vote for on the ballot.
Well, back in brawl, the replays were only small files of that, with every players' inputs, I can guess Smash 4 works the same way, so it's gonna be a small files, meaning, easy to share.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
How did Sakurai agree to this? His wrist hurts and he just wants a break. He constantly reminds us of this.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
LOL! Sakurai, you're terrible at keeping your word are you? You say that you won't do anymore balance patches, but look at you now XD

Btw, I voted for Paper Mario and I hope you did to @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 :)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
LOL! Sakurai, you're terrible at keeping your word are you? You say that you won't do anymore balance patches, but look at you now XD

Btw, I voted for Paper Mario and I hope you did to @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 :)
I WILL, but haven;t YET.

I just want to be sure I'm fully using 500 characters, have the least typo as possible and incluide as much as possible....

It might come tonight, btu I just have HEAVY update on the support stuff to do :)

D

Deleted member

Man I hope they Buff kirby UP! in the next balance update

Seal

Smash Journeyman
More ways for Nintendo to take our money and prevent the metagame from actually developing and stabilizing on its own. Kay.
Take your money? These aren't required DLCs. More like "More ways for Nintendo to give us reasons for giving them our money"

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
More ways for Nintendo to take our money and prevent the metagame from actually developing and stabilizing on its own. Kay.
I was actually thinking the same thing. But just keep playing and the meta will develop because of that. Also just be an example to others, that we don't need balance patches to figure out matchups.

Either than that there isn't much else we can do

Edit: I meant the above about the balance patches.
New characters are new characters and it should be a lot of fun messing around with them

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
So far
Krystal, inkling, and yarn kirby are what I want to be added. (Also hoping for wolf's return)
((Bandana dee also a possibility))

Enchlore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enchlore
That Proto Man costume...

Oh, how I wish I had a credit card...

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
And all the ridley fans still voted ridley and wasted the employee's time:yeahboi:

Im voting wonder red on my wii u, fawful on my laptop, and wolf on my schools computers

Last edited:

AnTMaN_76

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnTMaN_1999
3DS FC
0275-8515-2986
I hope that Nintendo doesn't take away links infinite jab combo

Andromear

Smash Cadet
pay respect to all the employes that have/count to read every submission.
Agreed there is going to be hundred of thousands, if not millions of submission and some poor person at Nintendo has to read them all.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
:yeahboi: ................im worried about

1-Ridley

2- Shrek

3- Goku (Or any anime character)

Top Bottom