• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Announced!

We may finally have some incoming Smash news as a new Nintendo direct has been announced! This will be the first Nintendo Direct since its hiatus with the passing of Satoru Iwata so it will be interesting to see how the presentation differs from before. The main subject of the direct is vague simply stating "updates on upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS releases" so there is no sure information that show we will be getting any news on the Smash Ballot or upcoming DLC but it is a possibility.

As announced on the Nintendo America Twitter, it will take place in only two days time on November 12th! The stream will begin at 2 PM PT and can be viewed on Nintendo's Twitch channel. Think there will be Smash news? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for a recap of the Nintendo Direct!

Last edited:

Comments

I was excited, but then I realized Smash is not an upcoming title.
"updates on upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS releases"

DLC fighters are "upcoming" things on Wii U and 3DS that Nintendo will soon be "releasing." Heck, they even said "upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games" for the April 1st Direct, and, well,:4lucas:.

Heck, they even said "upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games" for the April 1st Direct, and, well,:4lucas:.
Okay, good. I was going to ask that.

I took "releases" as "games", but you're right.

I just expect something about the poll saying "we tallied your votes and so-and-so won and will be released on X", just with a picture of the character's model, like Mewtwo.

Last edited:
I'm going to watch both with hype and melancholy, both excited for all the great news, yet missing Iwata telling it...

It will be strange not seeing Iwata-san presenting the upcoming direct, but I have NO doubt at all that whoever takes over can carry the tradition. Once loving the Directs, always loving the directs.

I'm going to miss Iwata. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that his passing had a major effect on me personally, but when I think Nintendo Direct I think Iwata. The fact that that is no longer the case makes me a little sad.

Last edited:
It been 3000 years... I though there gonna do it December.

There going to do it sooner, November is the new December.
Mix reaction but man, I miss a good old direct.

I think we are almost guaranteed some information/announcements on the Smash ballot even if the characters aren't done yet, I think we'll definitely see a reveal or two. Also, this direct just won't be the same without Iwata's obligatory broken english "Please, take a look" :(

Also, Pokemon Z hype

They also stated that they will not be disclosing any information about the NX or mobile games. So they therefore admit the existence of the NX. Don't know if they did so before, but it's there. Also, ONLY THREE WEEKS AND TWO DAYS BEFORE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X! I'm so hyped. I've been waiting the whole friggin' year for this. Smash won't be seeing me this winter.

They also stated that they will not be disclosing any information about the NX or mobile games. So they therefore admit the existence of the NX. Don't know if they did so before, but it's there.
They did. We got the name "NX" from them. (They also mentioned it at E3, if I'm not mistaken.)

Last edited:
Hopefully Star Fox Zero, including reveals of Star Fox amiibo. Specifically, the Wolf amiibo unlocks Wolf for Smash Bros.

Not sure whether to get hyped for what I WANT, or let myself down easy and lower my expectations before I get disappointed.

Smash Ballot results in multiple characters starting development for Sm4sh (one of which being Ridley) and the announcement of Twilight Princess HD, plz?

Edit: Also too much to ask for a real Metroid game plz? Metroid Prime Trilogy HD even? (Lol)

Last edited:
AIIIEEEE; Nintendo Direct hype! It's great to have another one after a perceived drought of them... I have a feeling that Nintendo will finish this year off with a bang of some surprises... :laugh:

Glad to see that Masahiro Sakurai sent out a re-tweet about the November 2015 Nintendo Direct (and also somewhat nice to see the SSB4 website's movie list section being broken, potentially indicating a new trailer), although given what happened with "Retro Studios and no news at E3 2015" and "Monolith Soft tweeting about Nintendo Directs that didn't feature Shulk/Xenoblade whatsoever", I feel like I shouldn't get my hopes up; there might not even be any news... Sigh; you can never be certain about these things... >.< Still, let's be optimistic!

Super Smash Bros. 4 hopes:
Ridley (in proper playable fighter form), Isaac (of the Golden Sun series), King K. Rool, and I'll be optimistic and say AGUMON (let's go, NamcoBandai presence!)! The return of Solid Snake and Ice Climbers (reserved for Wii U only) would also be great.

Super Smash Bros. 4 expectations (in order):
Wolf O'Donnell, Inkling(s) (Male and Female variants), and maybe the "potential ballot-topper" King K. Rool? Banjo & Kazooie would also be nice surprises..

Pokemon remarks:
Nice to see that Junichi Masuda sent out a re-tweet about the November 2015 Nintendo Direct! The news could easily be uneventful, but "Pokemon Z" or something of the sort for the 20th anniversary of Pokemon would be excellent. My guess is two games of differing versions that succeed Pokemon X and Y: "Pokemon A", a prequel focusing on AZ's time and the Eternal-Flower Floette, and "Pokemon Z", a sequel focusing on Zygarde Perfect Forme.
Also, maybe some news about that "Vaporware"-ish "Pikachu Detective game" from a while ago...? :laugh:

HYPE ENGINES, ENGAGE! Let's see what the future holds..

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP! That character reveal. I'm just wondering, who saw that coming? He has never appeared on a nintendo console. I still don't know what to think.

That's a very... Questionable choice. Wouldn't surprise me if he's the ballot choice though.

Not sold on the character though. Looks like a very vanilla swordsman so far. Depends on how effective the limit thing is, assuming this is his main gimmick.

We still have that December smash direct at least. The ballot wasn't even mentioned, but I guess Cloud was a popular choice (?). I have very mixed feelings about the character, don't we have enough swordsmen already?

Who expected THAT one? His moveset looks like Marth and Shulk combined, with a bit of Link and... Little Mac? This is the strangest swordsman I've ever seen. Regardless, I really look forward to his moveset. Who knows... maybe he'll be my next main?

I'm iffy about Cloud right now...

He looks pretty cool, but I feel like he's going to be hard to use. I'll try him out once I get him, but I won't make any promises of him being a main of mine.

Outside of Cloud's reveal, there is one thing that had me quite disturbed.

For Hyrule Warriors Legends, the new female character is named Linkle, which has to be one of the laziest names that I've ever heard. Wouldn't "Linkette" sound better?!

Top Bottom