• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Apologizes

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It's all a matter of time before Nintendo puts out a Zelda game where you play mini-games and do yoga poses to beat Gannondorf.
When that day happens I will blow up my wii and set it on fire. I almost have a ps3 just a little bit more. This is the first time im ditching nintendo since the NES. Oh well, if they still make good games, I'll keep buying them. Until then I will be busy playing real games...

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman

It's completely on topic, so I thought you guys would get a good laugh out of this.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
@ person who said that we pay their bills:

Well we used to pay their bills, now we don't. Who pays the Nintendo workers bill's? Casual players. Look at all the new people Nintendo has hauled in with the Wii, it could be double or triple the number that the real core gamers of Nintendo are. If they were to lose us they would not mind so much because they would still have a very big audience that appeals to games like Wii Play etc. We would be a very small hole in Nintendo's pocket.

As people have said before, gaming is a business, and if Nintendo saw that the Casual gamers gave them more money they will focus on the casual gamers first then on their harcore audience.
Casual players don't stick around, like you mentioned, they need to cater to both equally. The casual players didn't buy the Wii when it came out. The casual players probably don't even know what E3 is.

Look how fans reacted to Brawl. This dumbing down that Nintendo is doing is turning away their most loyal fans. Even though they are the the smaller group, turning them away is a very, very bad thing.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If they're lucky some of the casuals will turn into core gamers [although, they will probably move on to another console if Nintendo stays casual], if they're not, casuals will get tired spending money on the same 5 minute games over and over and Nintendo will have pleasing no one.

Darkslash

Smash Master
This really proves it Nintendo does think of us as Sheep. So Nintendo really cares about Casuals now. I REALLY hate them now. Looks like i gotta look at 3rd party support now.

any ways In the future when Casuals turn on Nintendo watch them crawl back to us..

Sorta ontopic this is a Gif of the many people at the E3 conference

if im not allowed to post it i'll take it off.

Puddin

Smash Lord
The problem is the hype Reggie created for E3, that's we are so disappointed in it. He hypes E3 by stating they will be announcing several core titles and only announces AC:CF and Grand Theft Auto DS, and then claims that this should be enough to quench our never ending thirst for core sequels? That is down right insulting to the core fans.

Red Exodus, when most of the casual gamers are soccer moms and ******* the chances of them turning core are low.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The problem is the hype Reggie created for E3, that's we are so disappointed in it. He hypes E3 by stating they will be announcing several core titles and only announces AC:CF and Grand Theft Auto DS, and then claims that this should be enough to quench our never ending thirst for core sequels? That is down right insulting to the core fans.

Red Exodus, when most of the casual gamers are soccer moms and ******* the chances of them turning core are low.
Okay not only did E3 Pissoff Core gamers They Also Pissed off 3rd parties

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/23/wii-third-parties-nonplussed-by-surprise-motionplus-reveal/

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/23/wii-third-parties-nonplussed-by-surprise-motionplus-reveal/
Wow. They really do fail at life.

Honest to god, what occurred to them when they did that? What, their Motion Sensor Plus is so amazing that they had to make it some special announcement? Ugh. Good job, Nintendo. Not many game companies can do what you did; you "managed to not only piss off every "core" gamer in existence but a good number of its third-party developers as well."

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
"JUST because of E3"? Hah! The whole console has been directed towards casuals and you're telling me that this is just about E3? Shows you how much right you have to be throwing insults. Nintendo has been dumbing down all save for 1 or 2 core franchises to make them more "accessible" to casual gamers. Most of the games for the Wii are casual. Or have you been missing this for two years?
You know **** WELL nobody started talking about this until E3. If you were an exception, you would've had the smarts to jump ship by now, or you were one of those Nintendo hating trolls. Since I know you're not the latter you definitely should've seen the former and put your Wii in storage and got your hands on a 360.

Both Nintendo and third parties need to amp up the difficulty (and I mean LEGIT difficulty) and for third parties, the quality of their work. The third parties that DO have quality need to BLOODY ADVERTISE. We're going to keep seeing shovelware until third parties wise up and spread the word when they actually give a ****.

We're not entitled whiny brats. We've stuck with them for generations now and they abandon us because they can make more money? I think we have a right to be offended!
Dedicated loyal fans speak louder with the dollar. Instead of hatemongering like I'm seeing all over this topic, stop buying Wii stuff and move on. There's no need for this "CASUALS ARE EVIL BAAWWWW"

And CK is right. Nintendo works for us. Nintendo owes us everything. We are their customers, and unless they scrap their business they can't say "Screw you" to their customers without losing them. And if they say "screw you" to the hardcore gamers, trust me; they're not going to be in a good place. Even if the casuals still follow them, 95% of hardcore gamers won't, and that will put a dent in their sales.
Honestly, before you make insults and complain about how we're reacting, learn a little more about why we're doing it.
YOU might be doing it because the core franchises are getting weaker. Nearly everyone else? ZOMG E3 SUX NINTENDO HATES US ALL.

Here's what has happened and has always happened. We, the diehard, loyal Nintendo fans have always been the ones to buy their systems and their games. The Gamecube was a flop for stupid reasons, but we stuck with it. When the Wii came out, who were the first people to buy it? We were. Casuals knew nothing about it, as Nintendo had only OUR money from the Gamecube, GBA, and DS to fund it. However, once they raked in all of our cash from the Wii's first sales, they used it to inflate their casual-oriented marketing campaign, and hence, the casuals caught notice of it. If Nintendo is apologizing about anything, then they better apologize not for E3, but for stealing our money to cater to those that we despise - the casuals. After years of supplying Nintendo with cash, they turn on us. This was no act of Robin Hood; they stole from no rich, and gave to no poor. If anything, it's the complete opposite, stealing from the smaller community of loyalists, and giving to the huge community of casual nobodies.
Grade A hatemongering and idiocy. Grow up.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Now this REALLY pisses me off

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/23/reggie-gta-welcome-on-wii-but-only-if-its-not-a-port/

They want a exclusive non Port version of the Wii. They bassicly ****ed every other 3rd party Dev and now this?

Nintendo is screwed in the head. Get a new President please.
what's wrong with not wanting a GTA port? The wii suffers from way too many ps2 hand-me-downs and stripped versions of ps360 games. A wii-exclusive GTA game is the only real way to go.

Darkslash

Smash Master
what's wrong with not wanting a GTA port? The wii suffers from way too many ps2 hand-me-downs and stripped versions of ps360 games. A wii-exclusive GTA game is the only real way to go.
Okay If you were reading a few posts back Nintendo SCREWED ALMOST ALL 3rd Parties dev by announcing Wiimotion+ it at E3. Now it would take 6 to 9 months just to Reconfigure the Motion controls just for that. Now take Force Unleashed and Clone wars. They come out in 2(Unleashed) and 6(Clone wars) months. Now If i was a 3rd party dev i would be so P****** of at Nintendo, Not telling us about this.

Now there asking 3rd parties what to do with them like nothing happened.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Okay If you were reading a few posts back Nintendo SCREWED ALMOST ALL 3rd Parties dev by announcing Wiimotion+ it at E3. Now it would take 6 to 9 months just to Reconfigure the Motion controls just for that. Now take Force Unleashed and Clone wars. They come out in 2(Unleashed) and 6(Clone wars) months. Now If i was a 3rd party dev i would be so P****** of at Nintendo, Not telling us about this.

Now there asking 3rd parties what to do with them like nothing happened.
Agreed. We didn't need to know about MP+ until e3 but atleast the videogame companies should. The only thing against it is that, there is games releasing all at diffrent times no matter when they told it, some games would not be able too incorparate it. Yes, this timing was bad with 2 SW games coming they should have told it sooner.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
They're sorry? They should be!

The new Zelda and Mario titles sounds like a good make-up... Unless the "Mario title" is really just Mario Party 9...

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord

Wow >.>
......Sega is that you?? But i think it's a deserved slap in the face to all the third parties for ripping their original ideas and make half-***** attemps at making money with shovelware

But, it's not like the shovelware really needs the Motion +, but it is bad timimg with both those Star wars games coming out. Here's hoping the conduit still has time to adapt for motion+.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know **** WELL nobody started talking about this until E3. If you were an exception, you would've had the smarts to jump ship by now, or you were one of those Nintendo hating trolls. Since I know you're not the latter you definitely should've seen the former and put your Wii in storage and got your hands on a 360.

Both Nintendo and third parties need to amp up the difficulty (and I mean LEGIT difficulty) and for third parties, the quality of their work. The third parties that DO have quality need to BLOODY ADVERTISE. We're going to keep seeing shovelware until third parties wise up and spread the word when they actually give a ****.
It really started at E3. But look at threads in the Light House like "Has Nintendo taken adventage of people" and "No more good games for Wii?". That was before E3. And, if you'll notice, I was in there complaining as well. So I was an exception. Just because I haven't gotten a 360 by now doesn't mean I didn't notice this before. As soon as I realized Brawl was bad (which was a month + a half after it came out) this realization started coming upon me. As I explained to Mic in....probably one of the other threads, I can't keep track anymore, I'm not made of money. The 360 and its games aren't cheap, so I'm saving up.

Dedicated loyal fans speak louder with the dollar. Instead of hatemongering like I'm seeing all over this topic, stop buying Wii stuff and move on. There's no need for this "CASUALS ARE EVIL BAAWWWW"
Okay, let me see if I can make this clear to you (although it hasn't worked thus far): WE USED TO BE BIG NINTENDO FANS. WE FOLLOWED THEM FOR GENERATIONS. WE'RE GOING TO BE PISSED AND COMPLAIN BECAUSE CASUALS ARE TAKING OVER NINTENDO. We can bloody well complain if we want. A lot of people have moved on, or are going to do so, like me. That doesn't mean we're not bitter. You're clearly not in the same boat, so I guess you wouldn't understand. But at least try, because you're one of the only people I've seen constantly telling us we're whining when your posts are made of "BAAWWWWW".

YOU might be doing it because the core franchises are getting weaker. Nearly everyone else? ZOMG E3 SUX NINTENDO HATES US ALL.
I know quite a few people who that's not true for. Most of it is "E3 was the last straw", if E3 is the main reason they started complaining anyways. As I've said, you'd have to live under a rock to not realize that, since a few months after the Wii's release, Nintendo has been going down this path. Even if it took you a while, like me, you still noticed it before E3. For a lot of people, E3 was the last chance. "They've screwed us over so far, but E3's supposed to be good and they may redeem themselves." When they didn't, they gave up defending Nintendo and started flaming them. Fair enough?

Okay. Say what you will about me but I will NOT accept you calling Spire an idiot and telling him to grow up. He's probably the best poster on the entire SWF. What he said was absolutely full of truth. He didn't shout, flame, or anything. He calmly explained EXACTLY what has happened. Stop attacking anyone that attacks Nintendo, you make yourself look like a fool.

Honestly, your posts are full of hypocricy. You're telling us we're whining, and hating on Nintendo, and being idiots, and are in need of growing up.
Yet...you're whining because you don't like us complaining about Nintendo, you're hating on us for complaining about Nintendo, you're being an idiot, and YOU need to grow up and leave us alone. If we want to complain, we're allowed to. If you have an ARGUMENT AGAINST what we're doing, fine. By arguing with us for hating Nintendo (whom you should know does not deserve any sort of defense) you're only doing Nintendo a favor. STOP DEFENDING THEM.

Amigo

Smash Cadet
Umm Nintendo doesn't need to make games for the hardcore players since the government is paying Nintendo billions of dollars to stop in order for fanboys to get out and exercise to stop the obesity plague. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
Why do you think they released WiiFit?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Umm Nintendo doesn't need to make games for the hardcore players since the government is paying Nintendo billions of dollars to stop in order for fanboys to get out and exercise to stop the obesity plague. IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
Why do you think they released WiiFit?
The sad thing is, that's believable. Since they're bannning unhealthy foods and now schools are getting ridiculous about food, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they were tring to stop obesity.

Cammie Dunaway crashes everything. I hate her.

And you know us, Chris, we don't talk about things until we are confident that they are in a place where we're going to be able to deliver on them in relatively short order after talking about them.
Really? Then what happened with Twilight Princess? I wouldn't exactly call 2 and a half years "short order".
Yeah, I know they had to port it to Wii and everything. Still.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Cammie is not paid to think. She does and says what she is told to say. Fact is, THAT is the Nintendo stand-point. It sucks.
It's true but I still wish they would get rid of her and reggie. Though the fact is that the stupid things they say, nintendo probably tells them to...

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
After reading that and seeing E3 fail completely for Nintendo I'm now definitly using the money i've been saving for no reason to buy a 360 which I now view as a GAMES console, plus it has alot of good games and i miss FPS's. On my wii i have like 6 games 2 which i dont play because there complete and have no replay value, one my freind has had for like a year and wii sports which is played at christmas and parties, and finnaly mario kart and smash 2 good games.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Cammie is not paid to think. She does and says what she is told to say. Fact is, THAT is the Nintendo stand-point. It sucks.
Yeah, it does. I still hate her. She's annoying and her gaming background is awful.

As Crazy mofo213 said,

Crazy mofo213 said:
Half the reason Nintendo's conference sucked was because she wouldn't shut up about her wrist.
She's just obnxious and needs to go away. It's Nintendo's fault for hiring her, but I still hate her.

Program

Smash Apprentice
Ill give nintendo until the next gaming conference. If I don't hear about a badass new Kirby or Zelda game, Im executing them, mafioso style.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ill give nintendo until the next gaming conference. If I don't hear about a badass new Kirby or Zelda game, Im executing them, mafioso style.
Haha, yeah, pretty much the same for me. I'll keep my Wii but it won't be my main console. I mean, selling my Wii (and probably its games with it) could give me a ton of money, and I'm sure I could buy another console and some games for it with the money, but...well, as much as I'm disappointed by Nintendo there are some good games already out, and possibly some more that'll come out. The Conduit is one that I'm looking forward to, and any of the franchise games (that are good) will be worth keeping my Wii for, since that's why I like Nintendo.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Haha, yeah, pretty much the same for me. I'll keep my Wii but it won't be my main console. I mean, selling my Wii (and probably its games with it) could give me a ton of money, and I'm sure I could buy another console and some games for it with the money, but...well, as much as I'm disappointed by Nintendo there are some good games already out, and possibly some more that'll come out. The Conduit is one that I'm looking forward to, and any of the franchise games (that are good) will be worth keeping my Wii for, since that's why I like Nintendo.
I think nintendo shows us better games at the tokyo confrence. A lot of people said they are sure that's when were going to get news of the core games we want. I hope it's true.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Wow, I think you're still missing it.

Most of us HAD seen the decline of Nintendo prior to E3, but given the hype-up of the Nintendo E3 conference, I'd say most of us decided to give our company one more chance.

And guess what they did to us? They spat in our faces, and they definitely spat in the faces if every Donkey Kong, Starfox, and F-Zero Fan. As probably one of the #1 DK fans on the site, I was greatly saddened to see Nintendo do the same thing they've done for YEARS since Rare left.

Either ignore my series completely, or put out a series of lackluster games, that I bought anyway. (I'm seriously considering joining Paon Corp in the future, because I know they're as much DK fans as I, but they need help., and Nintendo isnt going to give it to them.)

You'll notice, Kuja, that the only thing bright and happy they told us at the conference, was "We're working on Pikmin" whoopee, as excited as I was, that can't come anywhere close to pulling the nails out of the coffins they put their hardcore fanbase in.

It's very clearly all about the money now, Kuja, don't tell me it isn't. Miyamoto is 55 years old now. His creative spirit has started waning. And come on, if the "grandfather of gaming" is shelling out "Sure it's a toy, which is why it's more interesting than a game" then I don't care what they're doing, i've lost faith in them.

And then there's Cammie. Who needs to be thrown off a very tall building or cliff. "Keep Playing Smash Bros., and keep playing Mario Kart?" She just spat in our faces, and don't even tell me that saying "Just delete the games you paid for to pay for more" was not a ridiculous statement.

No, they had their chances, and they tried to fix it with more watered down Mario and Zelda games.. where my F-Zero, Donkey Kong, and Starfox? I say again.

No, I've had enough.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Most of us HAD seen the decline of Nintendo prior to E3, but given the hype-up of the Nintendo E3 conference, I'd say most of us decided to give our company one more chance.

And guess what they did to us? They spat in our faces, and they definitely spat in the faces if every Donkey Kong, Starfox, and F-Zero Fan. As probably one of the #1 DK fans on the site, I was greatly saddened to see Nintendo do the same thing they've done for YEARS since Rare left.

Either ignore my series completely, or put out a series of lackluster games, that I bought anyway. (I'm seriously considering joining Paon Corp in the future, because I know they're as much DK fans as I, but they need help., and Nintendo isnt going to give it to them.)

You'll notice, Kuja, that the only thing bright and happy they told us at the conference, was "We're working on Pikmin" whoopee, as excited as I was, that can't come anywhere close to pulling the nails out of the coffins they put their hardcore fanbase in.

It's very clearly all about the money now, Kuja, don't tell me it isn't. Miyamoto is 55 years old now. His creative spirit has started waning. And come on, if the "grandfather of gaming" is shelling out "Sure it's a toy, which is why it's more interesting than a game" then I don't care what they're doing, i've lost faith in them.

And then there's Cammie. Who needs to be thrown off a very tall building or cliff. "Keep Playing Smash Bros., and keep playing Mario Kart?" She just spat in our faces, and don't even tell me that saying "Just delete the games you paid for to pay for more" was not a ridiculous statement.

No, they had their chances, and they tried to fix it with more watered down Mario and Zelda games.. where my F-Zero, Donkey Kong, and Starfox? I say again.

No, I've had enough.
I agree. If they knew the confrence was going to suck. Why hype it? The only good thing was AC:CF and hints on future games. Though really telling us but not showing us is even more of a let down. They bassically said "we are making it but we can't show you". How do we get the rough idea what the game is going to be about without nintendo showing us. For all we know the next f-zero could be the mario party 5 racing game. Zelda could have it that to beat ganondorf (a non-scary version like WW) you would have to beat him in a minigame or shack the wiimote faster.

I for one am glad miyamoto dosen't lead the zelda games. WW and Oot were great without him. Since he has hit 3-D he's never been the same...

Cammie is an idiot. I should delete games I spent money on because of space shortage and there lazyness to fix it? No. Plain and simple. Through ir off a cliff....

Mario and zelda are fine. Though if they announce those atleast give us starfox, Im crazy for those games :lick: to tell the truth I follow every single nintendo series (except kirby and f-zero both which I buy once in a while). They all have been getting easier....

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

No, I've had enough.
Exactly. This is so full of truth. As I said, no one decided that E3 in and of itself was a reason to hate Nintendo. It was the last straw. It was one last chance to redeem themselves, and they blew it.

I don't really understand at all what your problem is. If we want to rant, which we have a right to do considering the way Nintendo left us, let us rant. Yes, I have a problem with casual gamers. They don't even care that much about video games, they play them, an hour, TOPS, a day, most likely. So what's their need to come in and invade video games? They probably enjoy reading, watching TV, whatever, so why the need to come in and steal everything we've been doing for decades now? Why is it that gamers who make gaming not only a habit, but a large part of their life, have that unfairly taken away? Why can't they just go back to whatever they were doing before the Wii/DS?

Maybe that makes me a jerk, maybe that makes me selfish. But Video Games are my one and only true passion. I like other things, but video games are practically my entire life (yeah, I'm a loser). And while I can, and will, move on to another console (although I'll keep my Wii), there's a reason I stuck with and defended Nintendo until this point. Sega, whom I started video games on, is dead. Not only are they no longer making consoles, but their games aren't even good anymore. Then I moved onto Nintendo, and now they're dead, at least for core gamers. They don't have much longer to redeem themselves before they're stuck in a cycle of continuous Wii Fails, and eventually to such a point where core gamers stop even bothering with their consoles, stop listening to their hype about E3, because they've just been let down too many times. So yeah, I'm understandably upset.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I dunno why but i got this nagging feeling from my NES which is sitting in my Closet which is near my N64 is telling me not to give up on Nintendo. I dunno but maybe these Casual Projects are to fuel Hardcore Projects. Maybe. Im going to be Merciful and give them 1 More year. If they screw it up then i give up on first party support.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh...

I just got my Nintendo Power, and they're doing it again. In the "Next Issue" section, they say, "Plus, you'll get an exclusive look at a hot new title that didn't appear at the show." Unless it's Pikmin 3 (which is entirely possible, since that didn't make an apperance at E3), it's probably some stupid title that they're trying to get our hopes up for again. I'm betting on a Wii Fail title for now, so I avoid that aspect of "Oh my god, there's still hope!"

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How long have I've been gone, people losing fath in Nintendo. O_o

I guess everyone that does have they reasons I supose. But as for me, I'm just looking at the games that I have my eye on. The only thing I am ashamed of is that they didn't release the new 3D graphic Kirby game yet. I heard they are working on it, I'm hoping that's true.

Top Bottom