• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Well Nintendo have been fined in the past for price fixing in Europe. I don't think they'll be going back to their cut-throat days though.

Imo if the 3DS is over $200, we'll get a free game with it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm waiting for the surprise announcement of being able to put GC discs in the back.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NINTENDO.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm waiting for the surprise announcement of being able to put GC discs in the back.

Only way that would work is if the C-Stick was the touch screen and the Z button was the select button, which I'd imagine would be incredibly awkward.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Do you even understand how jaw-droppingly downright amazing that would be?

I think everyone, literally everyone that enjoyed Nintendo titles would buy the 3DS. Which only makes Nintendo richer. :)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Do you even understand how jaw-droppingly downright amazing that would be?

I think everyone, literally everyone that enjoyed Nintendo titles would buy the 3DS. Which only makes Nintendo richer. :)
Since the controls would be awkward if you just inserted GCN discs, it'd be cooler if they just made downloadable content, like a 3DS channel for it. That way they can revamp controls.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You mean like the VC where they made the yellow buttons the C-Stick on the GC controller (which is very uncomfortable btw)?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, a 3DS VC is what I mean. And I never really got disturbed by the controls of it. I think a handheld VC would not only be epic, but kill PSP once and for all. PSPgo will be PSPgone.

D

Deleted member

This whole 3D thing is looking like an added expense rather than some ultra-amazing new feature.

I am pumped for the new games for it though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's said that it's not Jawdropping until you see it yourself.

So we'll have to wait.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's said that it's not Jawdropping until you see it yourself.

So we'll have to wait.
It's like seeing your first hot chick when you're old enough to know how/whys she hot.

That is what I want it to be like.

PF9

Smash Lord
Yeah, a 3DS VC is what I mean. And I never really got disturbed by the controls of it. I think a handheld VC would not only be epic, but kill PSP once and for all. PSPgo will be PSPgone.
I think it would be easier if Nintendo made an accessory which allows GB/GBC and GBA games to be played on the 3DS. It would look similar to an Action Replay: you put the game cartridge in the device, and plug the device into the 3DS game slot (they should do one for the DSi, in fact, they should just make the DSi one right now, as it would be compatible with the 3DS).

Handheld systems aren't like home consoles, where it's sometimes hard to have several consoles hooked up at once.

finalark

SNORLAX
This whole 3D thing is looking like an added expense rather than some ultra-amazing new feature.

I am pumped for the new games for it though.
Well here's the thing, it's a brand new console. Saying that it's a DS with 3D is like saying that the GBA was a GBC with shoulder buttons.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do you need to? The 3DS isn't the first thing to produce a 3D effect.
Everyone that's played one tells you how amazing the experience is for 3D without glasses.

We'll see how good it is once we get our hands on one.

UberMario

Smash Master
I think it would be easier if Nintendo made an accessory which allows GB/GBC and GBA games to be played on the 3DS. It would look similar to an Action Replay: you put the game cartridge in the device, and plug the device into the 3DS game slot (they should do one for the DSi, in fact, they should just make the DSi one right now, as it would be compatible with the 3DS).

Handheld systems aren't like home consoles, where it's sometimes hard to have several consoles hooked up at once.
How would that be easier? According to Kotaku they already had demos of nes and snes games for the 3DS at E3 (Though the article has disappeared . . . ) and they've hinted that the 3DS might get a VC since it already has a game downloading station online.

Piety the Diety

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it would hurt to get one. I mean even if the 3D sucks, you can still a. turn off the 3D, or b. play DS games. I for one am really excited for it to come out 'cause the 3D camera is something I don't think we've been able to use before in any other device, plus the ability to watch 3D movies seems just great! Also, as UberMario already pointed out, I can play my old favorites, such as star fox 64, galaga, and Pac-Man.

UberMario

Smash Master
When did I bring up Galaga or Pac-Man? lol

I found the article again. (like I said, I know I clicked on it several times before, even from the site itself, and it wouldn't come up, odd.) Here it is: http://kotaku.com/5566935/mega-man-2-yoshis-island-among-teased-3ds-sorta+remakes

Some non-Nintendo 64 games shown using the 3D effects were Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Urban Champion, Kid Icarus, Yoshi's Island, Smash Ping Pong, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Tennis, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Mystery of Murasame Castle.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I got a question. Wouldn't the 3D be a bit inconvenient? I mean wouldn't you have to hold it up at a certain angle? Hard to do in a car you know

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
In that case, would those photos be able to be displayed on something not 3D capable?

I don't think I've ever actually said I was hyped for this... huh...

§leepy God

Smash Master
I got a question. Wouldn't the 3D be a bit inconvenient? I mean wouldn't you have to hold it up at a certain angle? Hard to do in a car you know
That would depend on what type of game your playing. A game you need to tilt the screen, or a game you can just play normally. When looking at a movie that's 3D, you look around the area that's moving off screen. We will see soon.

PF9

Smash Lord
How would that be easier? According to Kotaku they already had demos of nes and snes games for the 3DS at E3 (Though the article has disappeared . . . ) and they've hinted that the 3DS might get a VC since it already has a game downloading station online.
As I stated before, the Game Boys are portable like the DS family. People who don't want to use their old Game Boys/GBAs but still want to use the cartridges they own would make use of this adapter.

I tried to state it the best I could...

As for other enhancements on SF64, I expect the music score to be updated as well. A good portion of the songs were re-recorded for Assault, so they could simply re-use those cues for the applicable levels.

Other cues that weren't re-recorded for Assault would get such treatment for SF643DS. The Tokyo New City Orchestra would once again be summoned to record the songs.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As I stated before, the Game Boys are portable like the DS family. People who don't want to use their old Game Boys/GBAs but still want to use the cartridges they own would make use of this adapter.

I tried to state it the best I could...

As for other enhancements on SF64, I expect the music score to be updated as well. A good portion of the songs were re-recorded for Assault, so they could simply re-use those cues for the applicable levels.

Other cues that weren't re-recorded for Assault would get such treatment for SF643DS. The Tokyo New City Orchestra would once again be summoned to record the songs.

Ocarina of Time's soundtrack needs some arranging before we get to Star Fox. Though I would LOVE to hear the Assault version of Star Wolf's theme again. :)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ocarina of Time's soundtrack needs some arranging before we get to Star Fox. Though I would LOVE to hear the Assault version of Star Wolf's theme again. :)
Hey, I just beat Ocarina of Time three weeks ago for the first time ever (beat Majora's Mask yesterday as well), and the soundtrack is fine =p. Maybe it needs a quality+ on sound, but don't mess with the killer beats.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, I just beat Ocarina of Time three weeks ago for the first time ever (beat Majora's Mask yesterday as well), and the soundtrack is fine =p. Maybe it needs a quality+ on sound, but don't mess with the killer beats.
Not saying anything is wrong with the music. Just if the game is being remade we need the music to be better quality then it was on the Nintendo 64.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo hasn't confirmed any other sequels besides these right?

Because there are other games that'd like a remake too

*cough*DK64*cough*

PF9

Smash Lord
Nintendo hasn't confirmed any other sequels besides these right?

Because there are other games that'd like a remake too

*cough*DK64*cough*
I'd like to see two Kirby games on the 3DS:

One being a remake of Kirby 64, and another being an original title which retains a similar system of combining copy abilities into something new. K64 and Squeak Squad had some pretty cool ideas for mix abilities.

For the original title, most, if not all the standard abilities from previous games should return, which could make for some interesting combination abilities:

Fire + Fighter - allows Kirby's Fighter moves to all have a fire element to them (Falcon Punch anyone?)

Fire + Wing - Kirby transforms into a Phoenix

Beam + Tornado - forms a tractor beam, which pulls enemies in towards Kirby, and then...you get the idea

Bomb + Hammer - Allows Kirby to throw exploding hammers

Hammer + Stone - gives Kirby access to tomahawks

Spark/Plasma + Wing - Kirby transforms into a Thunderbird

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Yoshi's Story *SUPER NOSTALGIA*

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please?

If not that at least Paper Mario & TTYD.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Oh ****, I'd pay to play a Superman 64 remake. I loved the original game, I actually was able to beat it.

Watch the remake be better than the original
*Facepalm*

+3 if your sarcastic.

If you're serious... I need to Falcon Punch you =/

Top Bottom