• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikefest 5.1 Feb 7th Project Melee

SouthernGent

Smash Cadet
Yeah I am definitely down for going to this and probably going to see if there are any Houston P:M dudes that would be down as well.

@ Nike. Nike. thanks for letting me know about this.

Nike.

Smash Hero
This tourney is pushing 30 entrants already. **** lol.

• We will be running pools now. Format being 4 pools, top3 make it out to form a 12 person bracket (1 seeds getting byes, 2 vs 3 seeds first round)
  • I reallyyyy want to have a redemption bracket (everyone who drowns in pools in a separate bracket). Guess that will depend on setups/time but it is at my house and a lot of ppl will prolly stay up all night anyway.
  • If Corpus, College Station, Austin, and now possibly Houston bring carpools, I encourage crew battles.
In case anybody traveling from out of town is unaware or forgot, THIS IS A FRIDAY TOURNEY.

Last edited:

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
Myself and four other austinites in my circle are confirmed for this tournament. Would you like me to bring a setup?

also, will there be a stream of any kind for this tournament?

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yes, pleaseeeee bring a setup. Thank you.

Shoutout to everyone, setups are greatly appreciated. If you only have trouble moving them, I will be happy to pick them up from you earlier that day/week.

We can record (if Zhea wanted to and if college station attends and brings theirs) but because there is no internet at my place we won't be streaming.

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
My TV is not a CRT it is a plasma. It is a 50in. Would you need me to bring a table for it too?

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh. Uhhhhhh, we prolly won't be using that for tourney, would really prefer crt's. And that's a big tv, you don't have to haul that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't work Friday. Bitchin'.
If I can get a ride, I can provide a setup. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
That is if for some unforeseen circumstances that I no longer can make it.

But I did assume my usual carpool my first post of picking up Espy, Slush, and if K Prime confirms.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately it doesn't look like College Station will be able to carpool to this. Many of us have schedule conflicts. Blondie has told me that he should be there. So at least we have some representation. Hope to see you guys in March!

RedGamer

Smash Ace
likewise with me. IDK if I can help SA in the cause of taking everybody's money. fortunately sos will be there.

Let this be a lesson to you, kids: don't use your tourney money on Money Matches.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Reminder to everyone that this is in two days! Please bring setups, if you have one but can't move it then let me know and I'll see if I can pick it up from you.

Try to be there by 6-6:30ish. If anyone out of town is showing up later, let me know.

Text or call at 210 324 4295

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
So, at least two others and myself are coming in my carpool. We will be bringing a set-up with a CRT. We are going to try and get there at around 6:00.

Last edited:

Opelousai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Opelousai
Me along with Southern Gent and 2 others are coming up for the tourney from Houston. So 4 total in our car pool also we are bringing 2 set ups.

Nike.

Smash Hero
K so a few things in case I don't have any time to check the thread later:

• Bring wiis/cubes/discs/etc. the last thing we want is to have tvs that we can't use.
  • Anyone staying the night and plans on showering should bring their own towels. I have none to share.
  • I do have spare pillows and blankets but not enough for everyone. If you'd rather not chance it, bring your own sleeping stuff.
  • My gf made brownies. Hype.
  • Brawl crew will poop on melee crew
Anyone (out of towers or SA) that needs to contact me can call or text at 210 324 4295. If your gonna be late or get stuck in traffic, please let me know so that I can at least get your name secured in pools. Pools will start at 7pm. If your late and the entire pool finishes before you get to the tourney, you are disqualified. I will take great joy and have no remorse if that happens to you.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I start picking up Espy and K Prime around 5:15, 610 should be getting Slush.
We'll probably leave around whenever your group is gonna sleep. Maybe a little earlier, not 100% over this cold.

Opelousai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Opelousai
Had hella fun, Thanks for hosting this event Nike, you are a huge homie. Also the brownies were amazing

Top Bottom