• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikefest 5.1 Feb 7th Project Melee

Nike.

Smash Hero
Since many of San Antonio's Melee players are traveling to Austin for MT's CRESCENDO Monthly, this tourney will be held at my house the night before. This will be purely a Project Melee tournament since CRESCENDO will be Melee only. However, as the bracket gets further along, we will be converting most setups to melee so that players can still get warmed up for CRESCENDO. There's plenty of room throughout the house so everyone is more than welcome to stay the night and can use this for carpools to meet up on Saturday morning.

As a side event, we will be doing a P:M Crew Battle featuring the melee players vs the brawl players.

DATE
Friday February 7th
6pm-Midnight

5551 Lost Lane
San Antonio, TX 78238

(It's pretty close to bandera and grissom)

RULESET
This tourney will be using the Apex Ruleset.

http://apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

SCHEDULE
Singles: 7:00pm
Melee Scene vs Brawl Scene Crew Battle: When singles gets down to top4ish

FEES
No venue fee
$5 for singles
No entry for crews (unless both crews agree to it)

PAYOUTS

1v1
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Please bring setups! If need be, I will be happy to pick up setups from you on Thursday or early that Friday.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Id also like to note that this be will a pretty relaxed tourney. It's main purpose is to just get everyone together for the Austin monthly the day after. I don't want this event to hinder attendance from MTs in any way so if you feel like you can only enter one or the other, that's completely fine. Your still more than welcome to come and play friendlies.

I'll get some snacks too. Maybe Gale could bring the bar again lol.

Last edited:

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
I'm 90% sure I'll come to this, for now you can count me in.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Slush is gonna be there? I've gotta go then! I love that guy!

I didn't know he played P:M though.
Yeah I still alive mang, just lack of tournaments last year outside of WHOBO 5 and SJ6 was bleh. At least the beginning of this year has a bunch of con tournaments and even Xyro hosting something in February. Also ya, I play P:M too kinda and might enter it just to see how I do since it'd be the first tournament for that and I feel I'd do decent.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I shouldn't have anything going on that day.
For a Friday night, highly unlikely I would be blindsided by family plans.
Keepin' the effort to making this.

Assuming my usual carpool.

JayEase

Smash Rookie
Im going to try to. I went to the Iron Price (Jesse) so i really want to go to this one. I could probably bring a couple people as well

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

GenericName

Smash Apprentice
May possibly come to this...Would be my first P:M tourney.

The hour drive would suck though.

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I know I'm a newcomer in the Austin/SA smash community, but I was wondering if you fine gentlemen would like to have a friendly San Antonio vs Austin Crew Battle... If there is time or if y'all are even up to it. I have 4 or 5 friends coming with me from Austin and i thought that would be a cool/fun idea

Nike.

Smash Hero
Holy Jesus, he's bringing an Austin legion with him for this.

I'm sure SA would be down for that. If we're combining melee/brawl scenes though then I'd have no idea who's on it

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Haha well we never get to play PM with anyone in austin. Everyone is focused on melee. But for sure, I guess we can try and figure it out after y'all do the Melee vs Brawl crew battle

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
Haha well we never get to play PM with anyone in austin. Everyone is focused on melee. But for sure, I guess we can try and figure it out after y'all do the Melee vs Brawl crew battle
I know of at least myself and four other austinites who play nothing but P:M. We would love more people to play with.

I'm going to see if they are interested in this tournament.

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
I know of at least myself and four other austinites who play nothing but P:M. We would love more people to play with.
Dude nice! We are apart of the Austin melee and Austin/SA PM Page but its almost always get togethers for Melee.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yea that's fine. Glad your coming out! I think we'll be leaving my house by 11:30am since doors open at 1.

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
Dude nice! We are apart of the Austin melee and Austin/SA PM Page but its almost always get togethers for Melee.
I'll have to look into that thread...
Well, I'm going to request that day off. I can also bring my own set up if need be.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
good **** nike! we've got so many people willing to get their money taken (myself being one of them) and the crew battle is set. now all I have to do is focus on P:M almost exclusively and get good enough to stand a chance.
@ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush are you going yoshi? can I get some yoshi dittos with you in friendlies?
I'm super interested in meeting the brawl crew.
@ Nike. Nike. could you change my name to PK-Thunder?

Last edited:
Top Bottom