• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikefest 5.1 (2/7/14) San Antonio, TX

Nike.

Smash Hero
33 Entrants

Singles Bracket
1. Espy :sonic:
2. S.O.S. :falco: :fox: :sheik:
3. Nike :marth:
4. K Prime :pikachu2:
5. Skeith :link2:
5. Eclipse Kirby :metaknight:
7. Loko :ganondorf: :mario2:
7. KoN! :sheik: :sonic: :fox:
9. Opelousai :falco: :wario:
9. Megafox :roypm:
9. Blondie :fox: :mario2: :sheik:
9. Slush :yoshi2:

Redemption Bracket
1. Pk-T :fox:
2. Southern Gent :ness2: :lucas:
3. Mofro
4. Doom
5. ChicoKnight
5. Grime
7. Nathan
7. Benz
9. Felt
9. Afterburn
9. Zhea
9. Kyle
13. Sincuroo
13. Surf
13. Jorge
13. Joseph
17. Yoshi
17. Guerrilla
17. 610
17. Manny
17. Geoberos

Pools
Pool A
1. S.O.S.
2. Megafox 5-2 (12 wins, 5 losses)
3. Opelousai 5-2 (10 wins, 4 losses)
4. PK-T 5-2 (10 wins, 6 losses)
5. Nathan
6. Felt
7. Yoshi
8. 610

Pool B
1. Espy
2. Eclipse Kirby 5-2 (12 wins, 4 losses)
3. K Prime 5-2 (11 wins, 5 losses)
4. Southern Gent 5-2 (10 wins, 5 losses)
5. Kyle
6. ChicoKnight
7. Zhea
8. Guerilla

Pool C
1. Loko
2. Blondie
3. Slush
4. Mofro
5. Grime
6. Surf
7. Manny
8. Geoberos

Pool D
1. Skeith
2. Nike
3. KoN!
4. Doom
5. Benz
6. Jorge
7. Joseph
8. Afterburn
9. Sincuroo

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
  • First, I want to apologize to everyone about the tourney running late. I got caught running the last pool after the rest were done so that added an extra hour or two. That was unacceptable and I'll make a better judgement for the situation on my next Nikefest.

• So many carpools from out of town. Considering this was a friday night tourney and most of you got back home at sunrise, you still showed up in force. You guys are the reason this tourney was so much fun/hype, and I'm truly grateful that you came down to play so thank you so much!

• Id like to thank everyone who brought a setup to this (including those who didnt even attend). This tourney would have sucked if it wasn't for your generosity so thank you very much.

• Want to shoutout Espy, Geoberos, and anyone else for calling matches for redemption bracket while I was playing my matches, thank you guys.

• Shoutout to 610 for picking up PK-T, that was very nice of you and I appreciate it.

• Major shoutout to Zhea for providing 2 setups, tables, chairs, and his computer setups to record. I can't put into words how much you helped this tourney, but thank you Daniel! Really meant alot.

• Apologies to Pk-T and Southern Gent. I hate tiebreakers and have been through enough of them myself to know how you guys must have felt after pools. I was very happy to see you guys place top2 in redemption and still prove that you couldve been in normal bracket.

• I did everything in my power to even out the seeding by both skill and location. Nobody wants to get bracket ***** or play their friends early, but please let me know if you felt that it happened to you and point it out because I take seeding very seriously.

• All four 4 seeds in pools placed top4 in Redemption. 3/4 of the 5 seeds placed 5th and 7th.

• Hopefully next time theres crews. I hope everyone had a good time! If anyone is dying to see Pool images, I'll make em.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I had an awesome time despite the tiebreakers. it gave me a taste of how stressful Grand Finals is and shoutouts to everyone who can beat the pressure and win GF.

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I had a lot of fun coming out of this. I was a blast. I really ought to see myself into more things like this.

Opelousai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Opelousai
got 9th in bracket but i was pleased with myself to make it out of my pool which had so many good players

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I know some of the characters that were played in redemption.

1. PK-Thunder :fox:
2. Southern Gent :ness2:
3. Mofro :charizard:
4. Doom :snake::rob:
5. ChicoKnight
5. Grime
7. Nathan :ness2::pikachu2:
7. Benz :ike:
9. Felt:mario2:
9. Afterburn
9. Zhea :wolf::falcon:
9. Kyle :peach::charizard:
13. Sincuroo
13. Surf
13. Jorge
13. Joseph :mario2:
17. Yoshi
17. Guerrilla
17. 610
17. Manny
17. Geoberos

I've listed the ones that I know for sure. I didn't play everybody so I don't every character.

shoutsouts to @ SouthernGent SouthernGent for making me panic in Winners Finals. Kings of the Block in Grand Finals!

Last edited:

SouthernGent

Smash Cadet
@ RedGamer RedGamer next time we are in a finals I am going to beat you, so be ready (shout out to learning that Lucas is much better against spacies).

Speaking of Lucas I went Lucas multiple times in tournament if that matters at all (in case anyone wanted to add it to the list of characters used by player).

@ Nike. Nike. I really enjoyed this tournament and it may have run a little longer than planned but it was still hype and all of the Houston guys (especially myself) really enjoyed it and are glad we were able to make it out. I can't wait for the next one I have a feeling that it will be bigger and even more hype seeing as this one was already hype and was missing some peeps (mostly the college station crew)

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Thinking about it, I think you could've ran 2 pools in one room each (I think each room had 4 TVs?) downstairs, leaving upstairs for free play (only 2 TVs).

Super fun tourney to round out a hype weekend ^_^

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
This was an awesome turnout/tournament. @ Nike. Nike. You were a great host, Thanks for having us from Austin man! Had a bunch of good matches (Some I got trashed!) But it was an awesome experience for being my second tourney.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Thinking about it, I think you could've ran 2 pools in one room each (I think each room had 4 TVs?) downstairs, leaving upstairs for free play (only 2 TVs).
upstairs had 3 TVs actually.

@ RedGamer RedGamer next time we are in a finals I am going to beat you, so be ready (shout out to learning that Lucas is much better against spacies).

Speaking of Lucas I went Lucas multiple times in tournament if that matters at all (in case anyone wanted to add it to the list of characters used by player).
I'm glad to see you're not dead for driving 5 hours to Houston immediately after a 9+ hour tourney.
Dat Lucas tho. Had me shakin in GF, I was really worried about that matchup cause I hadn't practiced that matchup much.
Shoutouts and madd props to you, good sir.

berto

Smash Rookie
@ Nike. Nike. thanks for hosting the tournament man, I had a lot of fun and definitely learned a lot. And it was fun seeing those marth tech skills. Hopefully next time I dont look like a scrub and can hold my own against you lol

@ RedGamer RedGamer another person that sweeped me. I promise next time ill give you at least a little bit more of a challenge. congrats on winning the redemption bracket!

As for now I'll continue hitting the lab and working on my rob/snake
Until next time gentlemen!

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I knew this "doom" guy looked familiar, and it seems that ROB/Falcon was a bad matchup just as I thought from forte.
Plus my super saiyan mode was a beast and you know it.

berto

Smash Rookie
Yessir I played you in the losers bracket at forte. And yeah I dont do so hot against falcon when I'm ROB. (still trying to figure out how to play against several characters).

Yeah you did go all out on poor little snake, but Ill prepare even more for our next encounter

Top Bottom