• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South NickRiddle's December Thing! (Miami, FL)

NickRiddle's December Thing! (Miami, FL)
Posted by NickRiddle
Versus Gaming Center
Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 02:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'M HOSTING A THING!

This event is going to do Round Robin or Bracket pools, sizes and people making it out will be based off of entrants.
If you make it out of pools you will be put into WINNERS in the main bracket!
If you do not make it out of pools, I will be doing a $1.00 buy-in for an Amateur Bracket! This will allow the newer or lower level players to play players closer to their levels of skill without fear of playing one of the top players!

If Cloud is released at least 1 week before the event, he will be legal. If Cloud is released 6 or less days before the event, he will be banned.
We will be using the most updated version of the game, even if it was released the day before.

Doors Open at 12:00
Registration ends at 1:00
Pools begins at 1:30 (Gotta set them up)
Amateur signups begin after pools
Brackets begin one hour after pools ends

Entry:
$5.00 door fee
$5.00/$10.00 singles fee (will be decided on by a vote)
$1.00 amateur bracket
Prizes: (Percentage of Pot for the Main Bracket)
For 59 or Less Entrants: Top 3 Payout
60/30/10
For 60 -> 99 Entrants: Top 4 Payout
50/25/15/10
For 100+ Entrants: Top 8 Payout
40/20/15/10/5 x2/2.5 x2
(For Amateur Bracket)
60/30/10

Format & Rules:
● 2 stock 6 minutes for singles, 3 stock 8 minutes for doubles
● Items: Off.
● Pause: Off.
● Team Attack On
● Customs Off
● Double elimination. Sets are best of 3 until Top 3. Finals sets
are best of 5.
● Pools results will be determined by Set Wins, then Game
Wins, then Game Losses, THEN head-to-head.
● If a game goes to Sudden Death due to time-out, the winner will be determined by Lower %, then Damage Given, then Damage Taken. If all of these criteria are the same, or Sudden Death is caused by a double-KO, a 1-stock 3-minute tie-breaker will be played out using the same characters on the same stage.
● All DLC characters are legal.
● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A-F standard size Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed.

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville
● Town & City
● Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages
● Dreamland (64)
● Duck Hunt

● Stage Striking for Game 1: P1 and P2 pick their characters. P1 bans one stage from the Starter Stage list. P2 bans another stage from the Starter Stage list.
● Stage Clause: A player may not counterpickthe last stage they won on during the set.
● Stage Bans: For Game 2 and onward, the player who won the previous game may ban 1 stage from the legal stage list. The loser of the previous game then chooses a stage from the remainder of the legal stage list.
●If a match ends in a suicide move, all results will abide by the victory screen except if a move ends in a Sudden Death scenario; then the initiator will be determined the victor
*PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.*
Failure to unsync your controller will result in a disqualification from your next match.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO POST THEM IN THE THREAD OR PM NICKRIDDLE FOR MORE INFORMATION!

Gerod

Smash Rookie
I shall be there. quick question, when does registration start? Didn't see anything about it when I read the description. Thanks :)

Wonko

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity, will there be some sort of age restriction on entry, for legal purposes or otherwise? A friend and I wish to enter, both of us are 15. Just want to know before I make plans

Top Bottom